Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 11:18:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gavin's update  (Read 7084 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
Re: Gavin's update
« Reply #1 on April 16, 2021, 07:36:58 pm by Danmckay456 »
Without Doncaster Rovers there is no “club Doncaster “ all you hear about is club Doncaster never Doncaster Rovers we are a football team and the business side should stay where it belongs in the background let’s see how many contracted players we have next season it’s the same spiel from Baldwin and driving season ticket holders away the worst decision was appointing him on the board

Maps

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 16, 2021, 07:40:27 pm by Maps »
Delighted to hear there will still be a role for Andy Butler at the club. Is the very least he deserves

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 16, 2021, 07:44:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Can't disagree with that statement. Vast majority of sensible fans will look forward to a fresh start next season and one we can hopefully build some stability from.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 16, 2021, 07:45:57 pm by ian1980 »
That statement was going so well, right up to the point he started going on about Coppinger and ways he can say good bye.

Making it sound very real now that we won’t be blessed with him for much longer

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 16, 2021, 07:49:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
That statement was going so well, right up to the point he started going on about Coppinger and ways he can say good bye.

We can't avoid it. That's one of the saddest consequences of this shitty time. Hopefully they can come up the something worthy.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 16, 2021, 07:54:03 pm by Padge_DRFC »
22 man squad. 5 youth team, 7 loans probably, 10 contracted players. Not a moan but looks like it's the plan.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 16, 2021, 08:01:26 pm by Filo »
Without Doncaster Rovers there is no “club Doncaster “ all you hear about is club Doncaster never Doncaster Rovers we are a football team and the business side should stay where it belongs in the background let’s see how many contracted players we have next season it’s the same spiel from Baldwin and driving season ticket holders away the worst decision was appointing him on the board

Club Doncaster has been vital since the pandemic started, without Club Doncaster there would probably be no Doncaster Rovers!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 16, 2021, 08:01:44 pm by Chris Black come back »

It doesn't definitively say he is leaving. It is a narrative statement without confirmation.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 16, 2021, 08:02:51 pm by Chris Black come back »
22 man squad. 5 youth team, 7 loans probably, 10 contracted players. Not a moan but looks like it's the plan.

I can see how you might read that, but I am not sure the statement says that. It appears to be saying it will be 22 squad plus young lads.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 16, 2021, 08:10:31 pm by Branton Rover »
I thought it was a brilliant and comprehensive statement from Gavin and liked how they’re going to address future manager staying rather than pissing off first chance he gets - to me, if I was a manager and wanted to build something I think I’d be applying for the job because we are going to return to something like a proper football club again with our own squad, supported by youth and loans not the other way round

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 16, 2021, 08:11:46 pm by idler »
Nobody anywhere would go into a season with less contracted players than the basic first team squad surely?

Walshy

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 16, 2021, 08:14:39 pm by Walshy »

I can see how you might read that, but I am not sure the statement says that. It appears to be saying it will be 22 squad plus young lads.

It's a very ambiguous statement that can be interpreted differently.

I'd like to know what the club's plans are for the so called development players when the development squad was panned last year due to Covid.

Big Fey

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 16, 2021, 08:14:51 pm by Big Fey »
nowhere did it say 7 loans?, just high-quality loans. Or 5 youth lads come to that. You are inventing numbers to get upset over.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 08:16:58 pm by Big Fey »

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 16, 2021, 08:18:36 pm by EasyforDennis »

Not sure where you got your figures from but it definitely wasn't from GB's statement

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 16, 2021, 08:25:23 pm by Scooter »
I have a lot of respect for Gavin and think he is doing a good job (despite the negativity on Twitter).
It’s a good statement and we are a well run club, particularly when you compare us to similar clubs.

It wasn’t Gavin’s fault that McCann and Moore were offered a job in a higher league, and it’s not his fault the players are not performing

We are a family club, with excellent fan engagement and the club Doncaster model will be envied by other clubs

I read that as a squad of 22 plus youth plus loan.

Hopefully they take their time and make the right appointment whoever that is

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 16, 2021, 08:30:41 pm by Copps is Magic »
Without Doncaster Rovers there is no “club Doncaster “

I think it's probably the other way round.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 16, 2021, 08:31:15 pm by Canadian Rover »
Overall brilliant statement from the Club.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 16, 2021, 08:32:39 pm by Filo »
I like the intention to put something in place to deter a manager f**king off at a moments notice, not sure how they are going to do it mind, a penalty clause perhaps?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 16, 2021, 08:35:40 pm by roversdude »
Great bit of communication from Gavin and the team. Unfortunately in this day and age and particularly on this forum, the board are damned if they say nothing and damned if they put out a statement.
For what it’s worth I read it that would be a core of players plus youth plus a number of high quality loans

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 16, 2021, 08:37:16 pm by redbrez »
Should be an intresting pre season ,  new manager and how many new signings to get too a 22 man squad, can anyone  see us making 11 to 15 signings ?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 16, 2021, 08:38:58 pm by MachoMadness »
Glad to see Butler will be here in some capacity next season. I'd be shocked and disappointed if it was as manager but it'd be a shame to end his time here on such a sour note. Hopefully a player coach role is on the table so he can cut his teeth a bit more.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 16, 2021, 08:42:09 pm by Lesonthewest »
Delighted to hear there will still be a role for Andy Butler at the club. Is the very least he deserves

He still has a lot to offer as a player at this level.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 16, 2021, 08:54:28 pm by Chris the Rover »
He should get himself selected for tomorrow’s game.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 16, 2021, 08:56:48 pm by Janso »
I like the intention to put something in place to deter a manager f**king off at a moments notice, not sure how they are going to do it mind, a penalty clause perhaps?

Have Rob Jones stood on his front lawn asking for an explanation.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 16, 2021, 09:17:57 pm by NigelJ »
A loyalty bonus?

The Dav

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 16, 2021, 09:20:53 pm by The Dav »
Maybe a 2 year rolling contract ! Would that be enough to stop more elite clubs circling and picking up a successful DRFC manager ? 

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 16, 2021, 09:28:34 pm by NickDRFC »
A loyalty bonus?

That’s not a bad idea, I don’t think it’s something you can really weed out in an interview (judging by Moore’s pro-Club Doncaster spiel it definitely isn’t). The options are either give the manager a longer contract to protect us if they are poached (although that risks a bigger pay off of it does go wrong and we need to sack them), or some sort of incentive that gives them say an extra 20% if they are still there for the first day of the following season. Probably still wouldn’t be enough if a Championship club came and waved silly money under someone’s nose, though.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 16, 2021, 09:50:48 pm by idler »
I had cause to speak to Gavin this week and he was brilliant. I talked to him for over 20 minutes and at no time did he give the impression that he wasn't listening or I was just taking up his time.
He was attentive, knowledgable and enthusiastic. On the strength of our conversation I will happily buy a season ticket for next year even if I can't attend more than half of the games. We are lucky to have the board that we do and lucky to have Gavin there as well. Nobody is infallible but as a club we are riding out the Covid Storm pretty well and hopefully next season will get back on track on the pitch as well. We are better placed than most clubs in the lower divisions.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 16, 2021, 10:15:41 pm by BVB »
“Without Doncaster Rovers there is no “club Doncaster “ all you hear about is club Doncaster never Doncaster Rovers we are a football team and the business side should stay where it belongs in the background let’s see how many contracted players we have next season it’s the same spiel from Baldwin and driving season ticket holders away the worst decision was appointing him on the board“

Not driving this season ticket holder away.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012