Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 02:57:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Should there be a Parliamentary Inquiry into Johnson's handling of covid?  (Read 10975 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Tyke you should know by now that hound will find a way to disparage anyone that has ever disagreed with him on any subject.

Have you ever voted labour hound?

The implication of this hackneyed line about 'people won't vote labour because' A,B,C,D,E,F ......

is that with a better leader or under other circumstances etc that they may, could or would but in reality the majority trotting this old chestnut out would never vote labour and most likely never had.

Which is why the 'have you ever voted labour' Hound question is important as it goes directly to whether it is a genuine conversation or not.

SR,

Question one, I don’t know how to answer that.
If I say your statement isn’t true then you will say “I told you so”.
However I will risk that, so no, it isn’t true.
In fact it is a load of rubbish.
I have even agreed with your leader on some things.
Trawl back through my posts ( as you often do) and you will find plenty of evidence to back that up.

Question two, yes I have. (Filo might even click the like button on that one too).

Don’t bother asking me to have a conversation with you about this though.

Edit.   That post by Kato has backed up one of my previous points.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Nah, you would have unashamedly blamed Boris. I say unashamedly because that is historically how you have acted in your extreme bias against everything Tory over the last half a decade.

Calling me a liar then BB?

The only reasons I'm critical of the current government are that they are the ones in power, who are lying to the country, have lied to the Queen, have lied in Parliament and who are openly practicing Cronyism  - all of which you appear, by your supportive posts, to condone!

For my part, I would be equally critical if Labour were in power and doing the same thing - or are you going to call me a liar again?

Oh, and are you going to answer my previous question?

Not so much calling you a liar, more claiming your likelihood of sticking to a habit that you've had for the last half a decade - One that has blamed the government for absolutely everything negative that has occurred, and given them absolutely no credit for anything positive that has occurred. Simple really.

Regarding Johnson allegedly skipping five Cobra meetings, apparently, there were Cobra meeting going on all over the place so whether he was expected to chair them all I don't know. You no doubt will be confident that you know the truth, having read lefty anti-government press coverage on the subject.

So it's wrong to criticise the government for everything they get wrong? Really?  But I have praised them for the things they got right, (speedy and plentiful acquisition of vaccine and the furlough scheme), it's just that they get far more wrong than they get right - but the blinkered somehow can't see that.  As my Dad used to say 'there's none so blind as them who refuse to see!'

Cobra meetings aren't held all over the place BB, they're held in the Cabinet Office Briefing Rooms, hence the name, (someone stuck an A on the end to make it sound good!).  Attendance and the chair are normally determined by the subject being discussed and there is no 'formal' list of who should attend. However, The PM would normally attend for matters of national importance such as the pandemic.  Perhaps he was hiding in a fridge again, or choosing wallpaper.

It's nothing to do with lefty anti government press coverage, it's to do with matters of state of the utmost importance - unless you believe that the pandemic is really just a slightly exaggerated cold and a few hundred thousand deaths don't matter!

NNK, you obviously have a far more generous perception of your own integrity judging by your posts. You have, as have many Labour party supporters, an arrogance that is not unlike a typical L**ds United supporter, and that is quite possibly why both sets of supporters do an equal amount of harm towards attracting new support, especially from those of us who don't possess such arrogance.

For instance, where have you seen the fact that Boris lied to the queen?

Where have you shown equal disdain for Starmer lying to the country?

The composition of any COBR meeting will depend on the situation being discussed. It will be a mixture of officials and agency personnel, alongside ministers, from relevant departments and agencies. The meetings are often chaired by the most senior minister in the room, and the prime minister if he or she is attending, but not always.

There are meetings across government, some of which are chaired by the Health Secretary, some which are chaired by other ministers. but the Prime Minister takes all the major decisions.

Unlike a Cabinet meeting - where frontbenchers meet the prime minister - there is no rigid register for who should attend a Cobra meeting and not even Boris Johnson has to attend.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 10:49:13 am by Bentley Bullet »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
it's a bit early bb

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Tyke you should know by now that hound will find a way to disparage anyone that has ever disagreed with him on any subject.

Have you ever voted labour hound?

The implication of this hackneyed line about 'people won't vote labour because' A,B,C,D,E,F ......

is that with a better leader or under other circumstances etc that they may, could or would but in reality the majority trotting this old chestnut out would never vote labour and most likely never had.

Which is why the 'have you ever voted labour' Hound question is important as it goes directly to whether it is a genuine conversation or not.

SR,

Question one, I don’t know how to answer that.
If I say your statement isn’t true then you will say “I told you so”.
However I will risk that, so no, it isn’t true.
In fact it is a load of rubbish.
I have even agreed with your leader on some things.
Trawl back through my posts ( as you often do) and you will find plenty of evidence to back that up.

Question two, yes I have. (Filo might even click the like button on that one too).

Don’t bother asking me to have a conversation with you about this though.

Edit.   That post by Kato has backed up one of my previous points.

It wasn't a statement it was a question, which I think you answered but unsure, hard to know.

A yes or no would have been simpler and you don't have to tell me what my reaction would be either.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
Nah, you would have unashamedly blamed Boris. I say unashamedly because that is historically how you have acted in your extreme bias against everything Tory over the last half a decade.

The only reasons I'm critical of the current government are that they are the ones in power, who are lying to the country, have lied to the Queen, have lied in Parliament and who are openly practicing Cronyism  - all of which you appear, by your supportive posts, to condone!

For my part, I would be equally critical if Labour were in power and doing the same thing - or are you going to call me a liar again?

Not so much calling you a liar, more claiming your likelihood of sticking to a habit that you've had for the last half a decade - One that has blamed the government for absolutely everything negative that has occurred, and given them absolutely no credit for anything positive that has occurred. Simple really.

Regarding Johnson allegedly skipping five Cobra meetings, apparently, there were Cobra meeting going on all over the place so whether he was expected to chair them all I don't know. You no doubt will be confident that you know the truth, having read lefty anti-government press coverage on the subject.

So it's wrong to criticise the government for everything they get wrong? Really?  But I have praised them for the things they got right, (speedy and plentiful acquisition of vaccine and the furlough scheme), it's just that they get far more wrong than they get right - but the blinkered somehow can't see that.  As my Dad used to say 'there's none so blind as them who refuse to see!'

Cobra meetings aren't held all over the place BB, they're held in the Cabinet Office Briefing Rooms, hence the name, (someone stuck an A on the end to make it sound good!).  Attendance and the chair are normally determined by the subject being discussed and there is no 'formal' list of who should attend. However, The PM would normally attend for matters of national importance such as the pandemic.  Perhaps he was hiding in a fridge again, or choosing wallpaper.

It's nothing to do with lefty anti government press coverage, it's to do with matters of state of the utmost importance - unless you believe that the pandemic is really just a slightly exaggerated cold and a few hundred thousand deaths don't matter!

NNK, you obviously have a far more generous perception of your own integrity judging by your posts. You have, as have many Labour party supporters, an arrogance that is not unlike a typical L**ds United supporter, and that is quite possibly why both sets of supporters do an equal amount of harm towards attracting new support, especially from those of us who don't possess such arrogance.

Are you serious BB?  Where on earth have you been.  Johnson went to the Queen and told her, illegally, and lying, that he had to prorogue parliament. He was subsequently taken to court and lost!

Starmer lied once, in parliament, he subsequently retraced what he'd said an apologised. So far as I'm aware, he has never lied to the country.  Do you have evidence that he has - unlike your lover  Johnson?

The composition of any COBR meeting will depend on the situation being discussed. It will be a mixture of officials and agency personnel, alongside ministers, from relevant departments and agencies. The meetings are often chaired by the most senior minister in the room, and the prime minister if he or she is attending, but not always.

It's COBRA, and isn't that what I already said? Or do you have difficulty reading?

There are meetings across government, some of which are chaired by the Health Secretary, some which are chaired by other ministers. but the Prime Minister takes all the major decisions.

Unlike a Cabinet meeting - where frontbenchers meet the prime minister - there is no rigid register for who should attend a Cobra meeting and not even Boris Johnson has to attend.

Again, that what I already said? Or do you have difficulty reading?

You really have problems BB, I recommend you see someone about it, seriously!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
No NNK, The only problem I have is with people like you. The supreme court stopped short of saying Johnson had an improper motive for proroguing parliament, nor did it say he lied.

At least we've cleared up the misunderstanding as to the legitimacy of Johnson's absence from some of the COBRA meetings.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Maybe the public have had enough

''Tory poll lead slashed as key elections loom across Britain
Stories of Conservative sleaze appear to be having an impact as Keir Starmer faces his first electoral test as Labour leader on 6 May''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/01/tory-poll-lead-slashed-as-key-elections-loom-across-britain

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Yep, looks like your gonna win Sydney. Well done.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member

Stories of Conservative sleaze appear to be having an impact as Keir Starmer faces his first electoral test as Labour leader on 6 May''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/01/tory-poll-lead-slashed-as-key-elections-loom-across-britain

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Yep, you're right. are you flying over to join the celebrations?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member

What's to celebrate the country has no self respect while they keep voting for a liar and a cheat (ask his extended family) and all because little britishers allow the yellow press and media to tell them all's ok

drfchound

• Forum Member
Yep, looks like your gonna win Sydney. Well done.

.....and if they don’t win they will still claim it was a successful night because they halved the Tory lead in the polls.   :facepalm:

SydneyRover

• VSC Member

wilts rover

• Forum Member

Are you serious BB?  Where on earth have you been.  Johnson went to the Queen and told her, illegally, and lying, that he had to prorogue parliament. He was subsequently taken to court and lost!

Starmer lied once, in parliament, he subsequently retraced what he'd said an apologised. So far as I'm aware, he has never lied to the country.  Do you have evidence that he has - unlike your lover  Johnson?

It's COBRA, and isn't that what I already said? Or do you have difficulty reading?

Again, that what I already said? Or do you have difficulty reading?

You really have problems BB, I recommend you see someone about it, seriously!

You missed the important bit NNK.

In which BB accuesses someone else of being arrogant!

It appears he now know the intracicies of judical law - and Johnson's own motivations. Seems to have replaed Cummings as Johnson's apologist in chief.

'Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth'.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Nay Mr Wilts. I'm not the one who's started multiple threads about Brexit that were intended to aggravate and antagonise.

That's arrogance!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
A video cataloguing Boris Johnson's lies and deceptions to Parilament:

https://twitter.com/PeterStefanovi2/status/1385117754752212992

....but still people defend him.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Billy has said a few times that the best con is when the mark doesn't even know, It now looks like following getting brexit up johnson & Co have said 'well they swallowed one we can do anything.

When Laura K is calling him out it must be serious.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
In a crowded field, this stands out head and shoulders as the worst thing Kuenssberg has ever written.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56624437.amp

How can you write an article on whether Johnson lies without mentioning the fact that he has twice been sacked for lying?

Or mentioning his lies over the NI situation post-Brexit?

Or mentioning the list of his proven lies, collated by right wing journalist Peter Oborne?

Or mentioning the fact that he kick started his career by regularly writing lies about bent bananas and EU condoms?

Or mentioning his string of marital infidelities and that fact that he won't even admit how many illegitimate kids he has?

Or mentioning the fact that he looked solemnly at the British public and said "we truly did all we could" to prevent COVID deaths, when we know that he overruled SAGE advice on lockdown.

Nope. None of that. Just quotes from Tory MPs. And this, which might be the most craven, abhorrent line I've ever seen from a political journalist.

"What's suggested time and again is that the prime minister's attitude to the truth and facts is not based on what is real and what is not, but is driven by what he wants to achieve in that moment - what he desires, rather than what he believes. And there is no question, that approach, coupled with an intense force of personality can be enormously effective.

In his political career, Boris Johnson has time and again overturned the odds, and that's a huge part of the reason why."

She's there. In black and shite. Pumping a line that says "It doesn't matter if the PM is a habitual liar. It works. He wins doing it."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 11:41:29 am by BillyStubbsTears »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
That "black and shite" is the most apt typo I've ever done.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
You can't really expect the BBC to list johnson's entire rap sheet Billy, there'd be no room for other news.

Ldr

• Forum Member
In a crowded field, this stands out head and shoulders as the worst thing Kuenssberg has ever written.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56624437.amp

How can you write an article on whether Johnson lies without mentioning the fact that he has twice been sacked for lying?

Or mentioning his lies over the NI situation post-Brexit?

Or mentioning the list of his proven lies, collated by right wing journalist Peter Oborne?

Or mentioning the fact that he kick started his career by regularly writing lies about bent bananas and EU condoms?

Or mentioning his string of marital infidelities and that fact that he won't even admit how many illegitimate kids he has?

Or mentioning the fact that he looked solemnly at the British public and said "we truly did all we could" to prevent COVID deaths, when we know that he overruled SAGE advice on lockdown.

Nope. None of that. Just quotes from Tory MPs. And this, which might be the most craven, abhorrent line I've ever seen from a political journalist.

"What's suggested time and again is that the prime minister's attitude to the truth and facts is not based on what is real and what is not, but is driven by what he wants to achieve in that moment - what he desires, rather than what he believes. And there is no question, that approach, coupled with an intense force of personality can be enormously effective.

In his political career, Boris Johnson has time and again overturned the odds, and that's a huge part of the reason why."

She's there. In black and shite. Pumping a line that says "It doesn't matter if the PM is a habitual liar. It works. He wins doing it."

Accepting all that, I'd still rather have the cretin than a Labour government

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Why is that Ldr? What Labour policies do you so despise that you'd prefer a habitual liar as PM to them?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Meanwhile. If you were a Russian oligarch, say with links to the Tory party. Or if you were the son of a KGB colonel who had had Johnson over to his Italian palace for lost weekend bunga-bunga parties.

Don't you reckon that your mates in the Kremlin would be interested in this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/thesundaytimes/status/1388543364279242757

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
So it now transpires that Johnson, who can't afford to makes ends meet on £157k a year, has had a Tory donor pay for his sprog's nanny.

I thought the Tory line was that you shouldn't have kids if you can't afford them?

Ldr

• Forum Member
Why is that Ldr? What Labour policies do you so despise that you'd prefer a habitual liar as PM to them?

Personalities rather than policies BST

Filo

• VSC Member

Since when has a General Election been a personality contest?

wilts rover

• Forum Member

So pretty much saying you would prefer a lying, sleazy, morally and financially corrupt leader and all but neo-fascist party - who would rather bung millions to their mates and donors then feed hunry children or offer finacial support to 3m small businesses struggling in a pandemic - because they are led by someone who is funny?

The country as we know it is doomed.

selby

• VSC Member
  Since Tony Blair and the Labour Party won elections that way Filo.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Selby.

Labour could have been led by Frankenstein's monster in 1997 and they'd still have won.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
So it now transpires that Johnson, who can't afford to makes ends meet on £157k a year, has had a Tory donor pay for his sprog's nanny.

I thought the Tory line was that you shouldn't have kids if you can't afford them?

If all this proves correct it proves he is a puppet of big donors and susceptible to bribery and coercion
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 11:09:56 pm by SydneyRover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012