Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 04:42:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Omar Bogle  (Read 4641 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Omar Bogle
« on May 10, 2021, 08:02:15 pm by Branton Rover »
I just don’t get why Omar receives such bile and stick on social media largely from whippersnappers - Omar is a big strong lad, who uses his bulk well to hold the ball up well & bring others into play - ok, I accept he’s probably never going to be a prolific goal scorer but we’ve had dozens of forwards over the 40 years I’ve been supporting the club who literally couldn’t hit a cows arse with a spade, that doesn’t make them bad footballers, especially at the third tier.

I like him and I realise I might be in a minority but sometimes you have to put your head above the parapet and stand out occasionally.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
Re: Omar Bogle
« Reply #1 on May 10, 2021, 08:03:39 pm by jamesrover17 »
We have him next season so might as well get him involved, get a good pre season in him and see what happens

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 10, 2021, 08:18:32 pm by Superspy »
I think the problem is we haven't seen enough of him doing the things he's good at since about his second or third game for us. Also doesn't seem to have much of a footballing brain for getting on the end of things either.

However, none of that is an excuse for morons on social media giving him abuse. That is never warranted as far as I'm concerned. Nobody turns up to work wanting to do a crap job, footballers included.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 10, 2021, 08:19:04 pm by since-1969 »
Not that much to shout about is it !

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 10, 2021, 08:21:23 pm by Branton Rover »
Alan Shearer would’ve struggled to score in our team with zero chances being created

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 10, 2021, 08:42:11 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Wellens won't start him. He is one of the worst strikers I've seen play for us. Rather have Kwame Thomas back.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 10, 2021, 08:42:49 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
John Doolan was bloody awful in the half season after we signed him. He came back properly in shape for the start of the following season and became (in my eyes) our best player.

Let's hope Bogle's got it in him to do that too.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 10, 2021, 08:43:42 pm by Branton Rover »
By comparison John Marquis has scored 117 career goals compared to Bogle’s 115 goals & Omar has played more games at Championship level - interesting isn’t it ?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 10, 2021, 08:44:12 pm by Jonathan »
On a few occasions he’s shown that he can contribute, and that’s what we need to harness. I think the new manager needs to strike the balance between an arm around the shoulder and a much needed rocket. Get him motivated and confident and I still think there can be a player there. Hopefully the fans can encourage that out of him rather than get on his back. He’s our player and it’s in all our interests for him to succeed.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 10, 2021, 08:53:10 pm by drfchound »
The trouble with some of the fans though Jonathan, as you will know, is that once they don’t like a player he is always a bad player to them.
They have destroyed plenty of players confidence.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 10, 2021, 08:54:31 pm by eastender »
By comparison John Marquis has scored 117 career goals compared to Bogle’s 115 goals & Omar has played more games at Championship level - interesting isn’t it ?

Bogle's only scored 50  at EFL level by my reckoning.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 10, 2021, 08:59:17 pm by MachoMadness »
He's shown he can be an asset but he's clearly a streaky, needy player who needs the right system behind him. If the new boss can play to his strengths then who knows. He deserves a clean slate next season imo.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 10, 2021, 09:02:44 pm by roversdude »
John Doolan was bloody awful in the half season after we signed him. He came back properly in shape for the start of the following season and became (in my eyes) our best player.

Let's hope Bogle's got it in him to do that too.

What shape was that Glyn lol - seriously I know what you mean

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 10, 2021, 09:07:49 pm by adamtherover »
care to show us where the extra 65 goals are?,  I make it 50 or so?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 10, 2021, 09:11:50 pm by GazLaz »
He’s just dog shit, simple as that. Has been since he had his one decent season in the 4th division in 16/17.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 10, 2021, 09:15:02 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
So hard not to write off every player at the moment. We've got to give anyone left from this lot next season a second chance with a capable manager. While apparent lack of effort is infuriating it may be there is absolutely no plan coming from the management which at professional level will result in inept performances.

Admittedly any player whose involved in this shambles is no much thinner ice next season they really need to earn the fans trust back

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 10, 2021, 09:16:00 pm by andyst79 »
When do we play to our strikers strengths though? People on here are quick to slag Fej, fair enough he's poor with his back to goal but playing off the shoulder of the last defender and in behind he's deadly at this level

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 10, 2021, 09:16:36 pm by scawsby steve »

So you're suggesting Bogle's as good a striker, or even better than, Marquis?

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 10, 2021, 09:17:19 pm by keith79 »
Fej is twice the player bogle is.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 10, 2021, 09:21:30 pm by the vicar »
I have seen a lot of Bogle in my time watching football and as I have said a lot of times, he is lazy yes he holds the ball up but doesn’t bring anyone in to play as he usually loses the ball he can’t pass.  On numerous occasions the ball has rolled in front of him and he misses it and always stands with his hands on his head .  So as a footballer he makes a mean ballet dancer

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 10, 2021, 10:07:19 pm by Padge_DRFC »
It's like he's spent the season realising after what he should have done after the situation has happened but never ever learns.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 10, 2021, 10:25:58 pm by 5minstogo »
For 15 minutes yesterday he actually looked alright and then Butler took him off. He's not mobile enough to play on his own up top and he didn't appear to be able to play as a pair with Fej

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 10, 2021, 10:26:46 pm by Chris Black come back »
He’s just dog shit, simple as that. Has been since he had his one decent season in the 4th division in 16/17.

Well, you’ve definitely been consistent on this. Even before he signed!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 10, 2021, 10:28:21 pm by graingrover »
He joined for DM as did Bostock both of whom had experienced period of stagnation in their careers .They will both have felt a loss of his mentoring and encouragement .Both  are  under contract to us for the start of next season and the appointment of the new manager will either help them them find their confidence and best form ,or have them waiting another call from DM.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 11, 2021, 07:34:55 am by Filo »
He joined for DM as did Bostock both of whom had experienced period of stagnation in their careers .They will both have felt a loss of his mentoring and encouragement .Both  are  under contract to us for the start of next season and the appointment of the new manager will either help them them find their confidence and best form ,or have them waiting another call from DM.

Would they want to play for him, or trust him after he f**ked off just after he signed them

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 11, 2021, 07:38:47 am by Padge_DRFC »
Get Sheffield Wednesday on the phone for both

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 11, 2021, 07:40:54 am by the vicar »
No they probably wouldn’t want to play for him but they would play for the money they would get playing for that shit

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 11, 2021, 08:12:03 am by idler »
Wednesday don't have a great record recently for paying wages on time though do they?
I would rather be at a club knowing that my wages are there on time every month than be promised more but get payed as and when the owners think fit or possible.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 11, 2021, 08:26:43 am by mjg »
I hope he proves me wrong

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 11, 2021, 08:33:20 am by The Beast »
Not that much to shout about is it !
To be fair apart from Grimsby he’s always played for bigger clubs than ourselves, so has probably been coming off the bench most of those appearances.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012