Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 06:15:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Great article from Hoden  (Read 10724 times)

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
Re: Great article from Hoden
« Reply #60 on May 13, 2021, 02:08:13 pm by ForsolongaRover »
There were two other management figures involved in this, the CEO and the Head of Recruitment.

Hoden does not feature their parts or influence, but Baldwin could have intervened and surely the much praised (on here) recruitment expert are not mentioned.

Are they absolved?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on May 13, 2021, 02:12:49 pm by silent majority »
There were two other management figures involved in this, the CEO and the Head of Recruitment.

Hoden does not feature their parts or influence, but Baldwin could have intervened and surely the much praised (on here) recruitment expert are not mentioned.

Are they absolved?

How do you know that the CEO didn't intervene?

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on May 13, 2021, 02:16:41 pm by DRNaith »
What's lying beneath that comment about issues with time keeping?? Is it Moore not turning up on time? Or him letting players waltz in when they felt like it? Or something else?

BobG

I did try and hint at certain issues with DM during the season. In one particular instance I described him as 'too laid back' which was an understatement, but one I hoped people would grasp.

Take away the fact he left, did the recruitment process fail in getting the right man? I never thought he was the right man but it was a situation where it was difficult not to appoint him, if that makes sense.

He left WBA a side that although they were in an ok league position they were underperforming and I could tell from his interviews he was a blagger. There was never any depth to them.

It's a good question, but knowing how he really came across in the interviews I would find it difficult to answer that one. What I do know is that the board were impressed with him, and at the time i think the phrase 'ticked all the boxes' was used, but I may be mistaken. Certainly it was a case of not being able to look beyond him once he'd applied, as you rightly point out.

In fact he started really well with the club. Did all the right things, looked to have everything under control, but bit by bit that mask slipped.

I guess it's quite hard to add an "unpoachable" box to the board's list

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on May 13, 2021, 02:31:22 pm by ForsolongaRover »
I only know what Hoden has written. I assume that he tells us the whole story, but perhaps not.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on May 13, 2021, 03:06:47 pm by Metalmicky »

mis-read that - thought it said unapproachable.......  :huh:

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on May 13, 2021, 03:32:15 pm by DRNaith »

mis-read that - thought it said unapproachable.......  :huh:

Maybe unapproachable by other clubs!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on May 13, 2021, 03:43:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I still think DM is more of a good coach however, as time had elapsed, some of the discipline required to be a manager were perhaps lacking. It's a bit different from WBA where he was surrounded by plenty of support staff to then becoming the Head honcho where you have to be prepared to be chief Cook and bottlewasher at times.

It was my only concern when he was appointed but I thought he could adapt, and relish the role and be a well respected leader

He had me fooled but I would use some of the extreme words preached on here.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on May 13, 2021, 05:05:41 pm by the vicar »
23 weeks in the top six is not down to luck or over achieving by any measure, yes the ending wasn't pretty but we lost a manager.
and now thank goodness for that

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 13, 2021, 05:29:26 pm by the vicar »
One of the problems was he Moor brought players in who wanted to play for him then he left and they never forgave him so I can’t see them wanting to go play for him at the Wendy’s.  I can’t see anyone that was crying down AB coming on here and wanting apologies  to Andy for it as he must have been very uncomfortable with it.  And Campsall you said how is there unrest in the club how do we know this abs it was rubbish talk so now what do you think

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on May 13, 2021, 05:36:45 pm by Janso »
In terms of being bright, I don't think he ranks very highly in terms of that of a football manager. Bearing in mind football managers, in general, aren't exceptionally bright in terms of comparison with the national average of brightness. He is a typical example of someone who has the need to overuse a phrase in almost every sentence in order to fill in the gaps where he has nothing to say in terms of the subject he's talking about.

Absolutely. He had a tendency to use unnecessarily big words as well to try and make himself sound more intelligent and often he'd use them in the wrong context.

He did an interview with talksport a while ago around the time of the Bolton and Bury fiasco and I cringed for the bloke.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on May 13, 2021, 07:05:41 pm by Alan Southstand »
Quote from: Alan Southstand on Today at 12:56:56 pm
Has no-one mentioned losing our skipper and most influential midfield player in all of this.

Massive loss and inadequately replaced.

This is covered in the article, and of course was a factor. It was Moore who decided a wholly unfit, more laid-back Bostock was the solution for Whiteman's role.

A bit of ‘outside the box’ thinking needed?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on May 13, 2021, 08:01:54 pm by roversdude »
I think that maybe he is held in a falsely elevated status in the game due to his ethnicity

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on May 13, 2021, 08:07:13 pm by BobG »
he does come across as a nice bloke as well don't forget. And we do have a collective agenda regarding him so that will be colouring our thinking somewhat. Reality is usually somewhere between the two extremes so, without any knowledge at all, I suspect he is quite a nice bloke and a decent coach but he is not the paragon we made him out to be a few months ago. Simples! Lol

BobG

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on May 13, 2021, 08:16:56 pm by the vicar »
So did Fred West, Rolf Harris,  Jimmy Savill, and the Krays

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on May 13, 2021, 08:39:38 pm by Campsall rover »
One of the problems was he Moor brought players in who wanted to play for him then he left and they never forgave him so I can’t see them wanting to go play for him at the Wendy’s.  I can’t see anyone that was crying down AB coming on here and wanting apologies  to Andy for it as he must have been very uncomfortable with it.  And Campsall you said how is there unrest in the club how do we know this abs it was rubbish talk so now what do you think
Dave when did I say that?  ;)
The opposite I think. I said a while ago there may be some unrest as it was plainly obvious all was not well somewhere.
Think you may have got wrong person Dave. No problem.

Hope your doing well by the way.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on May 13, 2021, 08:43:13 pm by Campsall rover »
he does come across as a nice bloke as well don't forget. And we do have a collective agenda regarding him so that will be colouring our thinking somewhat. Reality is usually somewhere between the two extremes so, without any knowledge at all, I suspect he is quite a nice bloke and a decent coach but he is not the paragon we made him out to be a few months ago. Simples! Lol

BobG
I think that is probably right BobG imo.
That’s how i would sum him up.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on May 13, 2021, 10:18:36 pm by BobG »

Your choice of simile, Vicar, is vulgar, unneccesary and insulting to a guy we were all lauding less than 6 months ago.

BobG

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on May 14, 2021, 03:36:04 am by SydneyRover »
Seconded BG, there's no need for hate we have a great club.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on May 14, 2021, 07:13:53 am by ChrisBx »

Darren Moore left one football club for another. Some perspective, perhaps?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on May 14, 2021, 07:37:41 am by idler »
I think that all of the anger is because of the manner in which he left the club rather than him just leaving for better prospects.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on May 14, 2021, 07:52:15 am by the vicar »

Your choice of simile, Vicar, is vulgar, unneccesary and insulting to a guy we were all lauding less than 6 months ago.

BobG

BobG
I did not mean anything with the names at all.  But, I’m not a do gooder so I don’t really care or give a sod what you think and you probably won’t like this I am saying thank you. But you do seem to jump on most things I say on here so if you don’t like it don’t read it
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 08:04:00 am by the vicar »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on May 14, 2021, 07:55:42 am by the vicar »
The opposite I think. I said a while ago there may be some unrest as it was plainly obvious all was not well somewhere.

im ok Campsall my blood count is coming down nicely now, it went from a high of 800 Odd to 87, now it’s down to 46 so coming on great thanks

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on May 14, 2021, 08:27:19 am by the vicar »
Seconded BG, there's no need for hate we have a great club.
and for your information there was no hate in it, I used them names because as the other poster said Moor seemed a nice person, as did all the people in mentioned and yes they are at the top of the tree as bad people and if people can get all them wrong they can get anyone wrong can they not.  I did not once reference moor to them at all just to show how much you can get people wrong.  People are far to touchy on here

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on May 14, 2021, 08:38:50 am by SydneyRover »
the liar, cheat and scoundrel followed by this thread, I certainly wouldn't want to be a person you did hate then.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=281107.0

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on May 14, 2021, 08:39:49 am by Campsall rover »

im ok Campsall my blood count is coming down nicely now, it went from a high of 800 Odd to 87, now it’s down to 46 so coming on great thanks
Brilliant news. I did read your previous post regarding that.   :thumbsup:

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on May 14, 2021, 09:33:40 am by the vicar »
Ok mate I have a face to face with my oncologist on Monday so I should know more mate, I WILL let you know when I find out ok mate

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on May 14, 2021, 09:56:59 am by the vicar »
the liar, cheat and scoundrel followed by this thread, I certainly wouldn't want to be a person you did hate then.

just go away and leave me alone and you stay in your own little do gooder world

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on May 14, 2021, 09:58:37 am by the vicar »

can I ask are you in favour of Black Lives Matter at all

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on May 14, 2021, 11:21:41 am by SydneyRover »
Yawn, none of your business go and fight with someone who gives a shit

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on May 14, 2021, 12:14:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »

can I ask are you in favour of Black Lives Matter at all

You realise you asked yourself, right?

Aren't most people in favour of lives of black people mattering? I'd hope all tbf.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012