Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 06:05:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Great article from Hoden  (Read 10723 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Great article from Hoden
« Reply #90 on May 14, 2021, 01:04:08 pm by the vicar »
Yawn, none of your business go and fight with someone who gives a shit
it’s you and the other guy that started this fight by minding my business and not your own

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on May 14, 2021, 06:02:02 pm by normal rules »
We are constantly being told the board do their utmost regarding prospective managers and due diligence checks with those in the business. So the board got it wrong with DM ?or he hoodwinked them? and those that stood up as character refs did the same .
He will get pelters when he returns with Wendies. And who on earth have they took on?
That article does not make good reading for DM or anyone remotely linked to him.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on May 15, 2021, 12:45:53 am by BobG »
I dont think we can restrict blame to just the Board. Yes. It was the Board who employed him. But there were very, very few indeed on here who voiced even minor criticisms of either his appointment or his performance until very late indeed in his tenure. If Moore hoodwinked the Board, then he hoodwinked an entire town. But personally I don't think he did. He over egged his buy in to the club values but other than that, he was always exactly what he is - a football manager. As a breed they have sod all reputation for longevity, loyalty or even honesty. Darren Moore ran true to type.

BobG

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on May 15, 2021, 02:16:34 am by SydneyRover »
If the next coach can keep us in the top 6 for 23 weeks, with 7 shut-outs a 3-1, two 4-1 wins and beat a championship side I think most would be reasonably happy.

If DM had stayed for a top 6 finish would there be carping about time keeping?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on May 15, 2021, 05:41:40 am by PDX_Rover »
If the next coach can keep us in the top 6 for 23 weeks, with 7 shut-outs a 3-1, two 4-1 wins and beat a championship side I think most would be reasonably happy.

If DM had stayed for a top 6 finish would there be carping about time keeping?

Of course not, because it would show his way had worked in the longer term. As it was, it didn’t. It divided the squad and frankly, I think we are best rid of him.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on May 15, 2021, 06:34:45 am by SydneyRover »
timekeeping divided the squad? I'm not happy with the end result but I think we are looking at a huge part of this through the rear view mirror.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on May 15, 2021, 06:37:07 am by godlike1 »
Have to say that as its looking more and more like big head wellens is getting the job, I can see more and more articles like this coming out.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on May 15, 2021, 06:53:35 am by SydneyRover »
I dunno about that GL, the board/management appear to favour conservative growth, for me they wouldn't deliberately pick someone the has a hint of controversy surrounding his temperament. I could be totally wrong of course.

I think they would want a manger that is inclusive and brings everyone into the tent rather than someone that may start throwing their weight around. A lot of what is in the media is conjecture by people who's job is to sell papers.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on May 15, 2021, 07:05:09 am by NickDRFC »
I dont think we can restrict blame to just the Board. Yes. It was the Board who employed him. But there were very, very few indeed on here who voiced even minor criticisms of either his appointment or his performance until very late indeed in his tenure. If Moore hoodwinked the Board, then he hoodwinked an entire town. But personally I don't think he did. He over egged his buy in to the club values but other than that, he was always exactly what he is - a football manager. As a breed they have sod all reputation for longevity, loyalty or even honesty. Darren Moore ran true to type.

BobG

I don’t think there’s any blame to be apportioned really for hiring Moore, but don’t agree with your point - the entire town didn’t go through a lengthy recruitment/due diligence process and the entire town didn’t work with him on a day to day basis.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on May 15, 2021, 09:51:28 am by idler »
timekeeping divided the squad? I'm not happy with the end result but I think we are looking at a huge part of this through the rear view mirror.
If the boss can’t get there on time why should other employees bother then?
How can you bollock someone for being late if you do the same regularly.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on May 15, 2021, 09:56:10 am by drfchound »
Correct idler, the boss should lead by example.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on May 15, 2021, 10:04:44 am by roversdude »
He wore a false persona that fooled many. Fair do’s to the guy he had obviously done his homework on the ethos of the club and Club Doncaster and we bought into it with him. Whatever happened behind the scenes ripped the heart out of the team leaving Butler an impossible task. At least he had the b*locks to give it a go, the guy still has my utmost respect

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on May 15, 2021, 05:29:35 pm by rich1471 »
I think the issue is ,is the more left and how the season then fell apart , if butler had got us into the playoffs nobody would not care that Moore had gone , but if he had stayed I'm sure we would have made the playoffs

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on May 15, 2021, 05:49:01 pm by scawsby steve »
I think the issue is ,is the more left and how the season then fell apart , if butler had got us into the playoffs nobody would not care that Moore had gone , but if he had stayed I'm sure we would have made the playoffs

I doubt we'd have made the play-offs. We'd started going down the pan well before DM left.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on May 15, 2021, 06:16:40 pm by PDX_Rover »

I doubt we'd have made the play-offs. We'd started going down the pan well before DM left.

We’ll never know. He may have turned form around, or the rot may have continued.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on May 15, 2021, 07:25:49 pm by scawsby steve »

We’ll never know. He may have turned form around, or the rot may have continued.

I can't see how he'd have turned form around, PDX. We'd been found out, and DM had no plan B.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on May 15, 2021, 07:28:24 pm by Campsall rover »

Because he had his head turned.

We will never know how the season would have panned out if he had stayed.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on May 15, 2021, 08:08:52 pm by ravenrover »
Love your optimism Camps but it was there for all to see, we were on the slide well before DM left. It was clear he had no answer to how to stop it.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on May 15, 2021, 08:14:19 pm by Campsall rover »
Love your optimism Camps but it was there for all to see, we were on the slide well before DM left. It was clear he had no answer to how to stop it.
Was he trying to stop it though. He was already at S6 in his head.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on May 15, 2021, 08:20:01 pm by Chris the Rover »
He was totally one dimensional. When our style of play was rumbled, he hadn’t a clue how to change it. If he had stayed, I don’t think our final league position would have been much different to the one we actually achieved.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on May 15, 2021, 08:22:27 pm by ravenrover »
Camps can  i ask you 2 questions
When do you think DMs head was turned
When do you think the slide began
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 09:45:07 pm by ravenrover »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on May 15, 2021, 08:50:34 pm by PDX_Rover »
Well, SM said Wednesday had been sending folks to our games two months before Moore buggered off...

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on May 15, 2021, 09:21:35 pm by RoversAlias »
Moore was asked in a press conference in late January about reported interest from Wednesday, and he somewhat side-stepped it. Between that and what has come out from Liam and Martin recently, it's clear his head was turned then and our performances dropped from early February onwards.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on May 15, 2021, 09:52:45 pm by danumdon »
i do believe the Wednesday have done us a big favour in relieving us of this  individual, as a team we were well and truly rumbled well before he went, the writing was on the wall  before the Lincoln escape.

If i had to watch another back line playing the ball among themselves and the keeper until the lost control again i'd have to give it up and start watching grass grow for my kicks.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on May 15, 2021, 09:56:48 pm by MachoMadness »
I think we would have made top 6 had Moore stayed. It's clear that his approach led to several cracks appearing in the club, but he was able to paper over them and I think that would've been enough even as legs tired late in the season. I'm of the firm belief that Moore's head was turned long before he left, and that's what led to the downturn in performances. More time on the phone with the agent and less time researching the opposition. Not that it matters now of course. The new man has free reign to build his own team and drill into them how he wants to work - I'm sure wellens is the man to do that.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on May 15, 2021, 11:13:44 pm by PDX_Rover »
God will judge him harshly. Lol.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on May 16, 2021, 03:17:44 am by SydneyRover »
time to move on and support the new manager, each question/answer raises more questions, would any manager under contract admit to being in talks with another club, if Wednesday officials were watching us then you'd think it was only Jan where we won every game and not Feb where we didn't win a game?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on May 16, 2021, 05:24:28 am by Alan Southstand »
I thought there was only me who was a conspiracy theorist, but it appears just about everyone on this board has the same trait!

For me, Hoden’s report doesn’t go far enough, for what it’s worth.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on May 16, 2021, 08:20:40 am by Avsuptem »
So, if DM was being knobbled as early as January but did not jump ship until March that would suggest he left it just late enough not to be blamed for the Wendy's relegation but just soon enough to escape blame for our decline. How cynical is that ?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on May 16, 2021, 09:19:22 am by Jonathan »
No blame at all to the Board or the recruitment process for bringing DM here. He was an outstanding candidate with an apparent connection to the club and the town, somebody that could get the fans on side and energised after the disappointment of McCann leaving, they’d have been daft not to factor all of this into the decision. And, certainly in terms of results, it didn’t turn out to be a bad decision.

I’d agree that his interviews can come across as vacuous, and he has a wonderful tendency to overuse a phrase, it’s all part and partial really. From the off I felt he lacked a bit of substance, but it’s a harsh criticism really. He (either directly or through his assistant and staff) certainly knew how to organise a team, and that was his job. It didn’t matter how he came across pre or post match if we won.

BobG is entirely right on the middle ground, he’s neither hero nor villain but somewhere in the middle, easily forgotten now in terms of his legacy. He left to a bigger club in a higher division, and almost certainly for a larger salary. He won’t be the first or the last to do that, many of us would do the same. We’ll be fine without him.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012