Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 10:01:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Wednesday in the shit?  (Read 13550 times)

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 05:46:11 pm by Yargo »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: The Wednesday in the shit?
« Reply #61 on May 31, 2021, 06:39:55 pm by drfchound »
I know people keep saying it but.......why was DM so stupid as to walk out on us to go there.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on May 31, 2021, 06:48:30 pm by DonnyNoel »
I know people keep saying it but.......why was DM so stupid as to walk out on us to go there.

Same. I know "extra wages blah blah blah" but relegation was always on the cards and the behind the scenes shitshow magnified the potential for disaster if they went down. It's a massive leap but I always wonder about managers that take that kind of job. Do they think they can do a Lazarus or are they after a payout with no blame due to the ownership.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on May 31, 2021, 06:55:52 pm by EasyforDennis »

I don't know but I'm glad he did.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on May 31, 2021, 07:13:25 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Going on sky sports etc has gone to his head . Lots of people think they have abilities they don't possess . ( The phrase give em enough rope & they will hang themselves comes to mind)

my lasting memory of him on the pitch was when Micheal Owen put the ball through his legs and scored

on the strength of that the idiotic press called for Owen to be brought back to the England side.   F.F.S.  C.L.H.. THOUGHT AT THE TIME

When you think you hear something totally stupid you just dont forget KEPT THIS UNDER WRAPPS WHEN HE WAS HERE

the goal is 2 minutes 50 seconds into this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yU6Kt1q-ec

some of you might wonder what my avatar was all about
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 07:18:58 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on June 01, 2021, 12:42:06 am by Janso »
Anyone else? me neither...

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on June 01, 2021, 01:32:49 am by RoversAlias »
Not a clue, but I rather enjoyed seeing Michael Owen making a mug of Moore in that highlight video. So cheers CLH!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on June 01, 2021, 10:59:13 am by MachoMadness »
I wonder if they're struggling to pay their players because of the outlay they spent to get Moore. It seems odd to hire an in-work manager when you already have serious cash flow issues and are just barely able to pay the players as it is. If you read a little about Chansiri, though... Gambling it all on one big push for survival, with the manager recommended to you by your school-age son... then it fails and you're left without a pot to piss in. I can see that happening.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on June 01, 2021, 11:23:11 am by Glyn_Wigley »

It's hard to say without knowing what bullshit he was fed by an obviously incompetent ownership.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on June 01, 2021, 12:33:40 pm by selby »
  Why bother about teams that voted against a salary cap and why not welcome other teams coming in for teams in that division who do go bust, if they go bang get rid they voted for it, why any sympathy I have no problem with teams like Derby and the Wendies being replaced by teams from lower in the pyramid.
  They are just teams that hide behind the fact that they were once a force in the football world when in fact they are fifty years out of date.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 02:26:06 pm by selby »

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 01, 2021, 02:48:57 pm by Frankie Rennie »
The common denominator with virtually all of these failing clubs is bad or crooked ownership. I feel sorry for Wednesday, they are a big club and should be top half of the PL every year but have been unfortunate with recent owners. I fear worse to come for them yet sadly!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on June 01, 2021, 03:19:29 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
So not spending millions above what they can afford then Frankie, that to me is the common denominator.

Until there is a realisation that 32 million wage bills in the second tier are unsustainable nothing will be resolved and that's not just owners but fans who demand more aswell.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on June 01, 2021, 06:13:51 pm by jmt23 »
Im not sure, and its not my team so do not really care, but haven't they spent more time in the championship / div 2 than the top league, a bit like Leeds. I see them both as yo yo clubs.
With the right spending any club could be a top four club. Unfortunately, or fortunately the amount of fans you have makes little to no difference.

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on June 01, 2021, 06:45:21 pm by Frankie Rennie »
So not spending millions above what they can afford then Frankie, that to me is the common denominator.

Until there is a realisation that 32 million wage bills in the second tier are unsustainable nothing will be resolved and that's not just owners but fans who demand more aswell.

Oh no Pudding you’re right, overspending is a
Major problem and clubs who have over extended themselves deserve what they get but sadly that in itself is an example of bad management. Maybe not corrupt but equally as bad for fans. Once again the blame has to lie with the PL and the riches it bestows. Promotion for the three teams is worth £170m this year so it’s no wonder clubs extend themselves.

Wednesday aren’t done with suffering yet I think so it may be a while before they return to the greater heights. I actually think Donny have a good chance of doing well this year. I thought you’d make the play offs last year until DM departed but if you can keep the nucleus of the side together and Wellens can add one or two of quality, you should be well capable of a good season. Living in Barnsley myself now it will be almost a home game for me and I’m really looking forward to visiting the Keepmoat again.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on June 01, 2021, 06:51:38 pm by RoversAlias »
We don't have a nucleus of our side and that's the main thing Wellens has to address in the transfer market.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on June 01, 2021, 07:23:08 pm by roversdude »
Not having a nucleus of last seasons side could be construed as a bonus

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on June 01, 2021, 07:24:52 pm by scawsby steve »

Oh no Pudding you’re right, overspending is a
Major problem and clubs who have over extended themselves deserve what they get but sadly that in itself is an example of bad management. Maybe not corrupt but equally as bad for fans. Once again the blame has to lie with the PL and the riches it bestows. Promotion for the three teams is worth £170m this year so it’s no wonder clubs extend themselves.

Wednesday aren’t done with suffering yet I think so it may be a while before they return to the greater heights. I actually think Donny have a good chance of doing well this year. I thought you’d make the play offs last year until DM departed but if you can keep the nucleus of the side together and Wellens can add one or two of quality, you should be well capable of a good season. Living in Barnsley myself now it will be almost a home game for me and I’m really looking forward to visiting the Keepmoat again.

Once again, thanks for the vote of confidence, Frankie. However, I doubt that we'd have made the play-offs if DM had stayed. Our form had been going down the pan well before he left. Bad signings in January and the departure of Ben Whiteman were the main reasons for that.

So it's almost a complete rebuild for RW, with only 12 contracted players at the club just now. However, I'm confident he'll do well, given his achievements in management up to now.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on June 01, 2021, 08:50:09 pm by selby »
  The biggest advantage Richie has is he will be left alone to just get on with it here and given time to do so at Doncaster.
   Not many managers are afforded that luxury in football.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on June 01, 2021, 09:03:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ahh, the schadenfreude of seeing your erstwhile successful neighbours in the permashite.

This was them a decade ago.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=181977.msg182167#msg182167

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on June 01, 2021, 09:12:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That video is a true gem by the way.

Wilkinson: The Board int stopping me doing what I'm doing.

Gruff voice from the crowd: f**k all!

Then the bloke who a dozen times complains about players driving Bentleys. f**king Bentley's!

Then a fan shouts out that it's all bullshit and Wilkinson says "Right. Can we have all of you who think it's bullshit over THERE. And those who think it's not bullshit over THERE."

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on June 01, 2021, 10:16:02 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The common denominator with virtually all of these failing clubs is bad or crooked ownership. I feel sorry for Wednesday, they are a big club and should be top half of the PL every year but have been unfortunate with recent owners. I fear worse to come for them yet sadly!

They're definitely not a top half PL club. :laugh:

Probably somewhere between 20th and 25th biggest in England but this is a Doncaster Rovers forum so we don't obsess over how big our club is, we know it isn't the biggest but we know we can match bigger clubs on the pitch.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on June 02, 2021, 06:23:58 am by godlike1 »
Players going on strike it seems over lack of pay. Tbh I'd not be too disappointed to see them go bump. It may make the football World in England sit up and realise the current set up and useless fit for purpose tests are killing football in this country

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on June 02, 2021, 07:03:53 am by sedwardsdrfc »
The cause of the problem is the same as the ESL. Bad owners. Whether Chansri is doing it for profit like the yanks is debatable but he’s certainly incompetent and risking the future of the club. Having some limit to the powers of owners to risk the clubs goes hand in hand with the talk following the ESL if more regulation and fan ownership.

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on June 02, 2021, 01:34:59 pm by DRCraig »
Bookies have them and Sunderland to be promoted automatically. Think there will be a few above both of them.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on June 03, 2021, 06:36:45 pm by DRNaith »
All this just re confirms how fortunate we are as fans to have a soberly owned, managed, well run and stable club.
I hope since69 and Master Gibson are reading this
We have quality owners with sadly only L1 ambition and  that’s as much as they’ve been able to prove to me . SWFC are victims decades of poor decisions and selling to the wrong the persons . DRFC threw in the Championship towel when John Ryan walked away . We are not Doncaster Rovers fc .. we Club Doncaster which is a leisure club made of a football team a rugby team and Ladies team with a car boot thrown in . RTiD

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

He forgot to mention gym membership.

...and unicorns

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on June 04, 2021, 10:50:29 am by sha66y »
My SW mucker says they look fooqued..................I just laughed!

For many years the notion of an implosion has been bandied around on a multitude of forums, but we all talk about “ those teams” , them “ mismanaged” teams!

and now is that time!

Let the implosions begin and bugger the fall out, this less than majestic pastime has run its course,  and like the dodo clamouring for the last seat on the last rock should bade a dignified farewell.....

Now hurry up Richie and start filling the larder, we got new menus to sample and hungry mouths to feed,

Stocksbridge Owl

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on June 04, 2021, 12:07:28 pm by Stocksbridge Owl »
We absolutely are in the shit. In fact, the rumour is that this is only the beginning.

What’s frustrating is that you could see this happening and yet could do nothing about it. How many clubs have gone for the big gamble and lost out? Too many to mention and we aren’t the first and won’t be the last.

What’s even more depressing is that the players we had last season were, on the whole, appalling and yet are likely to be replaced by even worse players!

As for us being a ‘big club’ it depends on what you base this. We have a large fan base, but that’s it. We’ve not had any real success for almost 30 years, our ground is falling apart, our owner is ‘eccentric’ to put it mildly and the team is total shit.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on June 04, 2021, 12:10:44 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
We absolutely are in the shit. In fact, the rumour is that this is only the beginning.

What’s frustrating is that you could see this happening and yet could do nothing about it. How many clubs have gone for the big gamble and lost out? Too many to mention and we aren’t the first and won’t be the last.

What’s even more depressing is that the players we had last season were, on the whole, appalling and yet are likely to be replaced by even worse players!

As for us being a ‘big club’ it depends on what you base this. We have a large fan base, but that’s it. We’ve not had any real success for almost 30 years, our ground is falling apart, our owner is ‘eccentric’ to put it mildly and the team is total shit.

Other than that, it's going alright!

Stocksbridge Owl

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on June 04, 2021, 12:48:05 pm by Stocksbridge Owl »

Other than that, it's going alright!

Ha Ha!!! Other than that, everything is perfect!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on June 04, 2021, 01:19:32 pm by roversdude »
The club is an absolute joke, that said I’d hate for them to go to the wall, despite the Billy Big B*llocks attitude of quite a few of them.
Darren, oh my what were you thinking - it wasn’t a star you saw above Hillsborough

TinyPortal © 2005-2012