Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 08:08:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Delay lockdown easing by a few weeks - scientist  (Read 2486 times)

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
Delay lockdown easing by a few weeks - scientist
« on May 31, 2021, 10:33:30 am by Redandwhite »
See they are using this tactic again in order to pre condition us for an inevitable delay in lockdown easing . (I'm sure there's a name for this tactic?)

Normally I wouldnt be too bothered about this news, but with pre season not too far away, and a new season round the corner, how will this affect fans returning to stadiums as normal?
And if it will affect the sale of season tickets ?
Do rovers have contingency plans in place ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

vaya

• Forum Member
Re: Delay lockdown easing by a few weeks - scientist
« Reply #1 on May 31, 2021, 10:42:23 am by vaya »
They probably have a number of contingency plans in place.
They're probably not waiting for it to be flagged up on the internet.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 31, 2021, 11:27:33 am by Padge_DRFC »
Panicking aren't they as we've hit 4k cases in a day since March, yet it's almost back to normal life now barring mass events. Vaccines are clearly working to only be having that many cases

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 31, 2021, 11:38:09 am by roversdude »
No extra strain on NHS due to vaccinations, we need to get on with life.
The only strain on hospitals is catching up with everything that has been missed over the last year such as cancer operations

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 31, 2021, 11:40:53 am by mjg »
Well if people would use common sense when they are out and about their might be no delays

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 31, 2021, 12:22:14 pm by Goole Rover »
Well if people would use common sense when they are out and about their might be no delays
Totally agree. On Saturday I witnessed a young fit chap at our local supermarket park in the disabled area and then enter the shop with no mask. To make matters worse he belonged to one of the groups that have a low up take of the vaccine.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 31, 2021, 01:54:13 pm by EasyforDennis »
Totally agree. On Saturday I witnessed a young fit chap at our local supermarket park in the disabled area and then enter the shop with no mask. To make matters worse he belonged to one of the groups that have a low up take of the vaccine.

I'm afraid that is the generation that we have to live with. Arrogant, selfish don't give a shit about anything or anybody but themselves. The me me me culture. Scumbags.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 31, 2021, 02:14:16 pm by NickDRFC »
I was walking the other day and two chaos in their 60s were talking, with a distance of about a metre between them. Problem is one was standing on the kerb and the other by the wall. There was nowhere else to go (other than into a busy road) than to walk between them, which I did. Which resulted in a mouthful from one of them that would make a sailor blush. When I pointed out that they could stand at a similar distance but both be on the curb or both by the wall which would let people past without getting close to them I got another earful and called a “smart arsed c***”.

Extraordinarily selfish and a complete lack of self-awareness. You get them in all generations I’m afraid, it’s not unique to the young.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 31, 2021, 02:22:57 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Very true took the dog for a walk at the coast yesterday and basically the amount of people of all ages not distancing, wearing masks and generally not giving a sh@te was staggering but I’m sure they will be the first to moan if 21st gets pushed back. Needless to say I didn’t stay long.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 31, 2021, 02:32:04 pm by Redandwhite »
I see this is now in off topic, fair enough given the way the conversation has gone .
I initially started it to talk how it impacted rovers specifically. Neh mind

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 31, 2021, 02:35:02 pm by Janso »
I was walking the other day and two chaos in their 60s were talking, with a distance of about a metre between them. Problem is one was standing on the kerb and the other by the wall. There was nowhere else to go (other than into a busy road) than to walk between them, which I did. Which resulted in a mouthful from one of them that would make a sailor blush. When I pointed out that they could stand at a similar distance but both be on the curb or both by the wall which would let people past without getting close to them I got another earful and called a “smart arsed c***”.

Extraordinarily selfish and a complete lack of self-awareness. You get them in all generations I’m afraid, it’s not unique to the young.
Precisely this. One of the people in my team at work always mouths off about "the young - but not you". All age groups have a minority of noticeable Kitsons.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 31, 2021, 03:07:17 pm by knockers »
We’re just back from four nights in the camper up in the lakes and the only age group not adhering to the toilet band system ( only allowed three people in at a time) we’re the older ones. Folk are too quick to blame the young generation for everything. I sit in the middle at 52 and am obviously perfect!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 31, 2021, 03:29:25 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I'm afraid that is the generation that we have to live with. Arrogant, selfish don't give a shit about anything or anybody but themselves. The me me me culture. Scumbags.

The sooner they cop a dose of Covid the better.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 31, 2021, 03:38:24 pm by drfchound »

Glynn, some of them will eventually do that, no doubt.
We (us older posters that is) shouldn’t criticise them though because they are paying our pensions.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 31, 2021, 04:55:52 pm by River Don »
We're in a race to get people vaccinated so we can safely open up. It's not yet clear if we are winning this race. We will only begin to find out in two or three weeks time.

For me, they should've held back before opening the pubs up. That would have given us more time to get data on the Indian variant, get needles into the over 30s and second doses into over 40s whilst restricting the spread of the varient.

It was obvious that opening pubs and indoor venues would allow the spread of this highly transmissible variant through younger unvaccinated people. Then risking that group passing it on to older people who have only been vaccinated the once.

That's where we are now.

It looks very much like they are going to have to delay the next stage. They might even be forced to bring in more restrictions again if hospitals start filling up. So far they aren't, thank goodness but it's still too soon to tell if they've broken the link between infection and hospitalisation.

They said they would be driven by data not dates. So why are these dates now so set in stone?

If there is a significant third wave, it will be entirely the governments fault.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 31, 2021, 05:30:21 pm by Ldr »
We’ve already had a 3rd wave in the North

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 31, 2021, 06:05:25 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Glynn, some of them will eventually do that, no doubt.
We (us older posters that is) shouldn’t criticise them though because they are paying our pensions.

I mean anybody who ignores basic Covid safety, of whatever age they are.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 31, 2021, 06:08:42 pm by Filo »
I’m in Skeggy, social distancing abandoned altogether here, Ingoldmells yesterday was rammed and Skeggy today was rammed, this bank holiday has the potential to be a super spreader weekend

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 31, 2021, 06:14:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I’m in Skeggy, social distancing abandoned altogether here, Ingoldmells yesterday was rammed and Skeggy today was rammed, this bank holiday has the potential to be a super spreader weekend

My folks there and in Mablethorpe told me there'd been virtually no Covid there over the past year because they were on the edge of the country. I hope this isn't going to change now.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 31, 2021, 06:50:45 pm by River Don »

Very busy in York today. Lots of tourists, no obvious social distancing, hardly anyone wearing masks in the crowds.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 31, 2021, 07:09:14 pm by Nudga »
f**k me have you heard your selves? It's following exactly the same pattern as last summer and that was without vaccines.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 31, 2021, 07:50:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
f**k me have you heard your selves? It's following exactly the same pattern as last summer and that was without vaccines.

Yeah. This time last year, the number of daily nee cases was halving every 15 days. Currently it is doubling every 20 days.

Exactly the same pattern.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 31, 2021, 08:17:03 pm by Nudga »
Zero deaths today.

Doubling cases WITH a vaccine. Interesting, very interesting.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 31, 2021, 08:22:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Zero deaths because prevalence is very low.

Increasing numbers because we have a highly virulent new strain, with reducing social distancing, vaccines that we know do not provide 100% Immunity against catching COVID and 25% of the population still to receive a first jab.

Simple. Very simple.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 31, 2021, 08:32:09 pm by bpoolrover »
While I think if the numbers increase we should delay, have the numbers not decreased since the 4K from the other day?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 31, 2021, 08:37:21 pm by Nudga »
New vaccine, new varients. Very handy.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 31, 2021, 08:45:23 pm by Bentley Bullet »
4182 cases 3 days ago, 3111 today.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 31, 2021, 08:57:21 pm by Dagenham Rover »
We’re just back from four nights in the camper up in the lakes and the only age group not adhering to the toilet band system ( only allowed three people in at a time) we’re the older ones. Folk are too quick to blame the young generation for everything. I sit in the middle at 52 and am obviously perfect!

The only trouble is the older you get the quicker it becomes desperate :)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 31, 2021, 09:02:05 pm by bpoolrover »
At the minute the government are rightly waiting to see what the numbers are nearer the time, I don’t know how anyone can expect anything else

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 31, 2021, 09:09:54 pm by drfchound »
At the minute the government are rightly waiting to see what the numbers are nearer the time, I don’t know how anyone can expect anything else

Exactly mate, but that won’t  stop some people looking for excuses to have a pop.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012