Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 09:21:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The role of the Culture War  (Read 7380 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: The role of the Culture War
« Reply #120 on June 06, 2021, 11:56:44 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Janso. Would you prefer it if just a handful of lefties were allowed to go unquestioned and unopposed for the sake of a content and united forum?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on June 07, 2021, 12:06:32 am by Janso »
Janso. Would you prefer it if just a handful of lefties were allowed to go unquestioned and unopposed for the sake of a content and united forum?

No. I'd prefer it if you didn't prove my point in the very next post. I'd prefer a civilised exchange of ideas rather than pathetic, childish baiting and WUMing.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on June 07, 2021, 12:13:52 am by Bentley Bullet »
Are you suggesting that the baiting and WUMing is one-sided? Have you read the forum in a neutral position and come to an honest conclusion as to who are the real culprits?

I really suggest you do.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on June 07, 2021, 12:16:50 am by Janso »
Are you suggesting that the baiting and WUMing is one-sided? Have you read the forum in a neutral position and come to an honest conclusion as to who are the real culprits?

I really suggest you do.

You're the only one suggesting that, I certainly haven't. That's the last I'll say on the matter as I'm not getting drawn into an endless torrent of pointless back and forths.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on June 07, 2021, 12:26:07 am by albie »
Is this forum moderated?

Why thread after thread is allowed to be derailed by complete irrelevance is beyond me?
Yellow card the offenders and please keep discussion to the topic thread and not personal wind ups.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on June 07, 2021, 12:31:02 am by Bentley Bullet »

I really suggest you do.

You're the only one suggesting that, I certainly haven't. That's the last I'll say on the matter as I'm not getting drawn into an endless torrent of pointless back and forths.
But the lefties have produced an endless torrent of abuse for the last 5 years, ranging from being f**king awful losers in the EU referendum, and wanting everything to go wrong to prove they were right (and still doing so), to being f**king awful losers in the 2019 general election, and wanting everything to go wrong to prove they were right (and still doing so), to the 2020 pandemic, claiming everything has been done wrong, to prove they were right (and still doing so).

We have become a country half-full of f**king bad losers.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on June 07, 2021, 03:07:48 am by SydneyRover »

I really suggest you do.

But the lefties have produced an endless torrent of abuse for the last 5 years, ranging from being f**king awful losers in the EU referendum, and wanting everything to go wrong to prove they were right (and still doing so), to being f**king awful losers in the 2019 general election, and wanting everything to go wrong to prove they were right (and still doing so), to the 2020 pandemic, claiming everything has been done wrong, to prove they were right (and still doing so).

We have become a country half-full of f**king bad losers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SikzOsxfSc

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on June 07, 2021, 06:45:15 am by Filo »
Is this forum moderated?

Why thread after thread is allowed to be derailed by complete irrelevance is beyond me?
Yellow card the offenders and please keep discussion to the topic thread and not personal wind ups.

Apart from last night, I’ve tried to keep away from all that, but when I’m being name checked by one of the main protagonists, without making a comment, just because I clicked the like button on a few comments, I got drawn in again. I have long held the belief that certain posters are arguing the poster rather than the subject, nothing has changed that opinion, in fact with every post by a certain few it reinforces that opinion, and they know who they are, there is no need to name check on that one

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on June 07, 2021, 09:21:27 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Is this forum moderated?

Apart from last night, I’ve tried to keep away from all that, but when I’m being name checked by one of the main protagonists, without making a comment, just because I clicked the like button on a few comments, I got drawn in again. I have long held the belief that certain posters are arguing the poster rather than the subject, nothing has changed that opinion, in fact with every post by a certain few it reinforces that opinion, and they know who they are, there is no need to name check on that one

And you got namechecked by the one who accuses anyone of daring to answer him back more than once of deliberately stalking him! It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on June 07, 2021, 10:13:36 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Bring back bookings! Yaurs-esque.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on June 07, 2021, 12:46:35 pm by belton rover »
Refraining from posting for a while really does allow one to read these posts with fresh eyes.

I know I have been warned before that looking at both sides of an argument is not the thing to do, but, does anybody on here who sees themselves as, or are perceived to be, on ‘one side or the other’ actually believe that it is the ‘other’ side’s fault for topics to descend into personal digs and accusations?

I reckon that in many posters’ minds there is probably a whole football team, including subs and a manager for each side that consists of a variety of strengths.
For example, I see myself as a bit like Copps: skilful, reliable, the one who is looked up to by the whole team. And, perhaps most important of all, has earned the utmost respect from both teams AND their fans.

Which footballer are YOU like when it comes to league one off topic discussion?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 12:48:52 pm by belton rover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on June 07, 2021, 12:54:03 pm by SydneyRover »
I thought you said you understood the crux of what billy was talking belton, if you want to understand it better, please don't ask me go back and read the comments

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on June 07, 2021, 01:04:59 pm by belton rover »
I reckon you’d be Mark Sale, Sydney.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on June 07, 2021, 01:10:34 pm by SydneyRover »
I've already told you who I think you really are belton

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on June 07, 2021, 03:00:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Depressingly predictable Belton that your first contribution on your return entirely misrepresents what I said.

I really shouldn't have to spell this out, but I never, ever said that you shouldn't look at an argument from both sides. As I suspect you DO know.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on June 07, 2021, 04:28:18 pm by belton rover »
Not all of them, Billy, no.
But you’re missing the main, more important point.
Which ‘footballer’ are you?
I’m thinking Graeme le Saux. Or Joey Barton.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on June 07, 2021, 04:30:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Alan Little of course.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on June 07, 2021, 06:23:13 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I'd be Joe Wright's brother, Always.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on June 07, 2021, 09:21:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I see the Culture Secretary and PM have regaled us this evening with their considered opinions on Ollie Robinson's ban. Immediately after a Tory MP makes a splash over taking a knee.

As I implied in the OP, this is not coincidence. It will be non-stop.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on June 07, 2021, 11:33:52 pm by wilts rover »
Have they had anything to say about the vandalism and defacing of Churchill's statue do you know?

Funny that - and after passing a law to imprison someone for up to 10 years for doing exactly that.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on June 08, 2021, 11:56:40 am by albie »
Talking about making a splash over taking the knee;
https://bywire.news/articles/tory-mp-compares-taking-the-knee-to-doing-a-nazi-hitler-salute

Blimey!
Is this fella known to some?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on June 08, 2021, 12:23:15 pm by selby »
  The biggest threat is that some think the culture war should be to stop allowing free speech.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on June 08, 2021, 12:27:50 pm by SydneyRover »
No one is stopping you selby get the 'stop taking the knee' sandwich board out and show you mean business around Arksey and Donny, you can even take it to the first home game.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on June 08, 2021, 01:18:38 pm by selby »
  Lead singer this time Syd where's the backing group? as for politics in sport Syd I will leave it to you buddy it's not a subject or issue to me.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on June 08, 2021, 01:25:23 pm by SydneyRover »
  The biggest threat is that some think the culture war should be to stop allowing free speech.

Is anyone stopping you selby? I just thought it was an opportunity to show you're not just an anonymous windbag on a third tier football forum is all. There must be something that you stand up for, something other than your quest for more money?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on June 08, 2021, 01:48:48 pm by selby »
  Syd, you make it obvious how childish you are when resorting to silly schoolyard name calling, grow up, and stop trying to get the forum relegated from the third tier you have got us in.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 01:52:34 pm by selby »

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on June 08, 2021, 02:23:20 pm by Metalmicky »
Not sure if this is the right place for this or not - although it barely seems to matter where you post stuff nowadays.  Her it is anyway... David Squires on ......... Football.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/jun/08/david-squires-on-the-unlikely-marxist-takeover-of-english-football?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on June 08, 2021, 03:00:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Talking about making a splash over taking the knee;
https://bywire.news/articles/tory-mp-compares-taking-the-knee-to-doing-a-nazi-hitler-salute

Blimey!
Is this fella known to some?

Like I say. It's not a coincidence. This is a concerted effort to keep on winding up what they believe are the sensibilities of their supporters.

You have to see this in the context that the Tories don't have any serious economic philosophy to push. They are all out of ideas as the Thatcher revolution fades into history. So the only thing that have to work on is culture. And work on it they will. Remorselessly.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on June 08, 2021, 06:41:48 pm by wilts rover »
Not sure if this is the right place for this or not - although it barely seems to matter where you post stuff nowadays.  Her it is anyway... David Squires on ......... Football.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/jun/08/david-squires-on-the-unlikely-marxist-takeover-of-english-football?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

What I find patricuarly hilarious are people who, literally, were out in the street protesting against greed in football and saying that the money the PL generates should be distributed throughout the leagues, thinking that millionaires taking a knee is Marxist...

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on June 08, 2021, 10:38:32 pm by SydneyRover »

Selby it's only a culture war because you and yours want it to be so, it's not stopping free speech and while racists and abusers are prevalent in sport then you will have to suffer those that want to kick it out so stiff shit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012