Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 10:25:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The I don't care about England & Euros Thread  (Read 6534 times)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
The I don't care about England & Euros Thread
« on June 12, 2021, 08:36:30 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Here you go lads thread so you can discuss how much you don't care about the Euros and won't be watching. Really want to know what you'll be doing instead of watching love to hear about that

Obviously it's ok not to be interested just making sure there's a place for it to be discussed without cluttering threads about the Euros.

Have fun

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mjg

• Forum Member
Re: The I don't care about England & Euros Thread
« Reply #1 on June 12, 2021, 12:54:49 pm by mjg »
I don’t watch elite football anymore weather it’s England or the premier league , VAR and the various rule changers plus money at the top has ruined football for me , so I will probably do anything other than watch the euros

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 12, 2021, 01:09:25 pm by sha66y »
I watched the first 22 mins of what appeared to be a U23s game only to find it was the opener for the Euros, quite frankly I didn’t know any names, they all looked so young and the product being served up was less than entertaining no matter how much the commentary team tried to inject some passion….

I will watch around 20 minutes of each game and if they entertain then I’ll stick around, however my biggest fear is that “ just like the old subuteo” ….all the teams are going to look the same, play the same, and serve up a snack… not a feast…

It was my wife ( who incidentally hates football) who pointed out that this tournament should have been played last year…..oops , my bad!

I have a wonderful hifi system, and plenty of vinyl to fall back on should these  Euro-clone ships prove to be borrriiiiinnnnnngggggggggg as fekc…..

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 12, 2021, 02:04:21 pm by Barmby Rover »
I don’t watch elite football anymore weather it’s England or the premier league , VAR and the various rule changers plus money at the top has ruined football for me , so I will probably do anything other than watch the euros
Same here, I have no interest in cheating players. I will be going fishing and gardening more often.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 12, 2021, 04:53:46 pm by Chris the Rover »
I wii probably watch the highlights programme. As long as the “pundits” aren’t spouting drivel for too long, in which case I will hit the mute button. I can’t stand Lineker - overpaid pretentious little prat.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 12, 2021, 05:07:45 pm by dickos1 »
I watched the first 22 mins of what appeared to be a U23s game only to find it was the opener for the Euros, quite frankly I didn’t know any names, they all looked so young and the product being served up was less than entertaining no matter how much the commentary team tried to inject some passion….

I will watch around 20 minutes of each game and if they entertain then I’ll stick around, however my biggest fear is that “ just like the old subuteo” ….all the teams are going to look the same, play the same, and serve up a snack… not a feast…

It was my wife ( who incidentally hates football) who pointed out that this tournament should have been played last year…..oops , my bad!

I have a wonderful hifi system, and plenty of vinyl to fall back on should these  Euro-clone ships prove to be borrriiiiinnnnnngggggggggg as fekc…..

If you turned a game on which had Chiellini playing and you thought they all looked so young and that it was an under 23 game
You need help

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 12, 2021, 05:21:01 pm by DRCraig »
Will watch some games. But today I have watched Rugby. Last night, Rugby and Speedway.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 12, 2021, 05:37:38 pm by Northants Nomad »
I’ll start watching if England should progress anywhere. I used to love Internationals but recent years have completely turned me off it which is odd because I am passionately patriotic and proud to be English. But the national team just bores me. It’s probably because I have no interest in the Premier League, Super League, Gravy Train or whatever else those overpaid greedbags want to call it.
But yeah, if there’s a sniff of glory, I’ll be there to hunt my share.

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 12, 2021, 06:30:45 pm by RedRover »
I'm currently watching endurance motorcycle racing on Eurosport but I'll dip in and out of the Euro's just not England games, I couldn't care less.

I'm the person who got 2 tickets in the general ticket auction/lottery for what turned out to be The England v Wales match of the last Euro's in France so I did what any self respecting football fan would do and sold em for as much as I could get for em.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 12, 2021, 08:19:24 pm by wilts rover »
I have been for a bike ride to Stonehenge and back, mostly off-road about 60 miles.

I am now listening to the lp's I bought for RSD this morning and reading a book on the develpoment of the British Army. Loads of them out on Salisbury Plain today, waving their machine-guns about and making things go bang. Very exciting it was.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 13, 2021, 08:18:11 am by graingrover »
A bike ride in the forest far from the madding crowd and artificial rituals of football at that level.

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 13, 2021, 08:28:16 am by redarmi66 »
I love football. Im English. I will watch it all. Yeah elite football, too much money, spolit footballers, boring Southgate blah blah blah! Heard it all.
Come on England

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 13, 2021, 08:34:58 am by Northants Nomad »
I love football. Im English. I will watch it all. Yeah elite football, too much money, spolit footballers, boring Southgate blah blah blah! Heard it all.
Come on England
Good for you - so go post on the thread supporting the Euros and leave the bah humbug about internationals on this thread to those Victor Meldrew's amongst us!  Don't go spoiling this thread with your positivity!  LOL!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 13, 2021, 09:55:21 am by sha66y »

If you turned a game on which had Chiellini playing and you thought they all looked so young and that it was an under 23 game
You need help

Stupid comment!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 13, 2021, 09:58:04 am by sha66y »
Come on England

Ya’r on the wrong thread cocker ……this is the “ not bothered” one!

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 13, 2021, 11:17:10 am by Draytonian III »
I’ll watch whatever games whenever I can, I’d like England to do well, but not that bothered as I’m a Northern Ireland supporter. I’ve had a few bets on the tournament and more than likely will have a few more which will increase my interest

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 13, 2021, 11:21:27 am by DRCraig »
So much other Sport going on today. Big play off match in the National league. Rugby league matches. And the Saracens 1st leg to get back in the premiership. Speedway too. no Euros for me today.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 13, 2021, 11:39:00 am by normal rules »
Usual pre match hype, taking the knee with obligatory boos, disappointing performance against good opposition. Patronising pundits who will find all of the cheesy one liners that get trotted out every time England play.  The bloody annoying supporters band playing the same old shit in the background. A predictable  England defeat.
It’s easy to why some don’t care.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 13, 2021, 03:01:55 pm by dknward2 »
Dons wining 22-0

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 13, 2021, 04:23:06 pm by Cramby10 »
I gave the match a go today. But to me it’s just unwatchable shite. I won’t be bothering again. Slept through some of it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 13, 2021, 07:31:23 pm by dickos1 »
I thought this thread was about people not bothered about the euros but it’s full of people moaning about it.
Crackers

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 13, 2021, 07:46:42 pm by sha66y »
I thought this thread was about people not bothered about the euros but it’s full of people moaning about it.
Crackers

When ya not bothered about something, and you know that loads of sheep are going to be expounding expert views on another Euro lovers site ,

it’s good to come here and tell everyone what you would and indeed are preferring to do…..

all the non euro gushers are actually finding better things ( our opinion only) to do , and I’m sure there are some wives and girlfriends who are very happy that there fellas are not glued to the tv for the next month watching plastic millionaires chasing the next Gillette advert and pointless box ticking MBE’s !

I’ve been on the other site and there doesn’t seem to be much to talk about, apart from those predicting that Mings is not very good,….. which seems bizarre!

Yes I did watch the game , mainly because I was in the hot tub until the early hours and hammered the G&Ts …….

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 13, 2021, 08:54:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Why would someone who's not bothered about people not being bothered about England at the Euros have to give his opinion on how people demonstrate their lack of bother?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 13, 2021, 09:07:03 pm by BobG »
Cos' he's a plank! Lol

Me? I haven't supported England since 1999. The f**king FA wouldn't support my team deepite the explicit requirements of their Charter. So why the hell should I support theirs? I'll be damned if I do. So instead I'm insulating my garage, fitting a couple of heaters and a dehumidifier so I can rest easy that the crown jewels are safe, warm and dry during the long, cold, damp winter nights!

BobG

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 14, 2021, 02:13:35 pm by Axholme Lion »
Out in the fresh air gardening. trying to get my lawn sorted and planting a few shrubs.
Gareth Mouthgate and his team of knee benders are of no interest to me.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 14, 2021, 02:32:57 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
I’m not sure which thread to post in! I’d like to see England do well, but I won’t lose any sleep if we don’t! I watched bits & pieces of the game yesterday with a cursory interest akin to me watching a game like Ipswich v Bristol City. From what I did see though, England looked pretty good. I think we’ll be hard to beat.

My love affair with England disappeared many, many years ago. I went to the ‘82 World Cup in Spain (some stories to tell about that trip), I used to go to the Home Internationals at Wembley in the 80’s but gradually got bored with it.

I suspect that I changed rather than the football.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 14, 2021, 02:37:53 pm by VivaRovers »

I bet they're gutted to have lost your support

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 14, 2021, 03:48:44 pm by Axholme Lion »

I bet they're gutted to have lost your support

Don't give a monkeys.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 14, 2021, 04:35:16 pm by RoversAlias »
"Knee benders" as an insult, okay.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012