Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 01:03:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wales  (Read 4788 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Wales
« on June 12, 2021, 03:13:16 pm by scawsby steve »
I doubt there'll be another fairy tale this time. Losing 0-1 and getting outplayed just now.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Wales
« Reply #1 on June 12, 2021, 03:34:15 pm by keith79 »
1-1 now

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 12, 2021, 03:35:23 pm by scawsby steve »
I doubt there'll be another fairy tale this time. Losing 0-1 and getting outplayed just now.

Wow; Kiefer Moore, 1-1. Looks like I'm wrong again.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 12, 2021, 03:41:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Two shocking sides. Plus Turkey.

The Group of Dearth.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 12, 2021, 04:07:17 pm by dickos1 »
I think Switzerland will surprise some people

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 12, 2021, 04:09:45 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Beat Turkey and they are basically through now

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 12, 2021, 04:16:59 pm by tyke1962 »
Genuinely pleased for big Kieffer , to come from non league football and score for your country in a major tournament is a massive accomplishment .

Great header , top lad is Kieffer .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 12, 2021, 04:21:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
To be fair I wouldn't mind us putting a bid in for the lad Embolo.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 12, 2021, 04:32:17 pm by NigelJ »
Beat Turkey and they are basically through now
If Wales beat Turkey, they probably would still have gone through had they lost today.
It could come down to whoever loses to Italy by the fewest goals...

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 12, 2021, 05:23:57 pm by DRCraig »
Not end of the World for Wales by any means. Did not watch it. Rugby was on. I wish Wales well.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 12, 2021, 05:34:18 pm by eastender »
England only drew 1-1 with Switzerland in their opening game at Wembley in Euro 96, Didn't do us any harm .

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 12, 2021, 05:45:50 pm by NickDRFC »
England only drew 1-1 with Switzerland in their opening game at Wembley in Euro 96, Didn't do us any harm .

Bit of a difference in terms of squads - we had Alan Shearer and Tony Adams, they have Kiefer Moore and Joe Rodon. Best of luck to Wales, I hope they do well and Turkey looked so poor last night that they could easily beat them, but I can’t see them getting past the first knockout stage.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 12, 2021, 08:23:52 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Genuinely pleased for big Kieffer , to come from non league football and score for your country in a major tournament is a massive accomplishment .

Unfortunately Tyke he does not possess a plethora of brains. He scored at the South Stand end in the local derby against Rotherham in something like the 92nd minute and stupidly did all the "Shhh" and quiet gestures to our fans. OK we are Rovers and tollerant, but suppose it was Millwall etc. Still find him a first class pillock and general no brains for that stupid reaction....

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 12, 2021, 08:37:01 pm by scawsby steve »

Unfortunately Tyke he does not possess a plethora of brains. He scored at the South Stand end in the local derby against Rotherham in something like the 92nd minute and stupidly did all the "Shhh" and quiet gestures to our fans. OK we are Rovers and tollerant, but suppose it was Millwall etc. Still find him a first class pillock and general no brains for that stupid reaction....

It's OK, SE; we got our own back a couple of seasons ago at Oakwell, when Niall Mason put him in his pocket and we all took the p*ss.

He didn't like it, the mardy tw*t.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 12, 2021, 08:47:46 pm by tyke1962 »

I'm only going on what he gave us at my club , Kieffer fractured his skull with a Barnsley shirt on his back and missed the last third of our promotion season .

He still managed 20 goals .

I just respect the fact the lads come from nothing , nowt more than that really .

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 12, 2021, 08:56:30 pm by tyke1962 »

It's OK, SE; we got our own back a couple of seasons ago at Oakwell, when Niall Mason put him in his pocket and we all took the p*ss.

Aye , Kieffer has the promotion medal from that season , 20 goals in 32 games .

Mason is a convicted sex offender .

There's nowt really left to add .

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 12, 2021, 09:35:26 pm by scawsby steve »

The thing is, Tyke, all our centre backs were injured that day, so Mason had to play there, and not only was he normally a right back, he was 6 inches shorter than Moore, so when he surprisingly dominated him, there was bound to be some p*ss taking from the Donny fans, especially after the way he'd taken the p*ss out of us when he was with Rotherham.

If a player gives it, he should able to take it.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 12, 2021, 10:13:48 pm by VivaRovers »
Underperformed and still grabbed a draw against one of Europe's most consistent sides, I'll take that.

Turkey in Baku will be a big test now, but at least we kick off a little later. That 35 degree heat today really sapped the Welsh players.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 12, 2021, 10:18:59 pm by tyke1962 »

The thing is, Tyke, all our centre backs were injured that day, so Mason had to play there, and not only was he normally a right back, he was 6 inches shorter than Moore, so when he surprisingly dominated him, there was bound to be some p*ss taking from the Donny fans, especially after the way he'd taken the p*ss out of us when he was with Rotherham.

I was at the game , let's put this in some kind of perspective .

1500 Donny fans in a crowd of just over 14k aren't exactly going to bother Kieffer with all due respect .

Your in your own bubble in the north stand , it may sound loud but the truth is I heard nowt in the our East Stand upper that day .

You played well that day , you had the best of it in the return at the Keepmoat too , you won neither .

But please let's not fall in to the trap that all of our players are perfect .

I still remember Doolan putting Stephen McPhail out for the season with THAT tackle .

We've all got skeletons in the cupboard .

Nobody but nobody is righteous in this game so let's cut the crap .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 13, 2021, 12:40:13 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Tyke

I'm the first to hold my hand up when one of our players puts in a horrific challenge. I did so when you outplayed us at the Keepmoat in 2011 and Sharp took off Shackell at the knees and unbelievably got away with a yellow card when he should have walked.

I was there the day of that Doolan challenge. It was a hard one but in my eyes he won the ball fair and square. I was also there the year after when Neil Austin got irked at Coppinger making a fool of him and punched him over the perimeter wall and into the stand. I suspect that didn't go down in Oakwell fokelore.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 13, 2021, 09:47:15 am by Padge_DRFC »

I was at the game , let's put this in some kind of perspective .

1500 Donny fans in a crowd of just over 14k aren't exactly going to bother Kieffer with all due respect .

Your in your own bubble in the north stand , it may sound loud but the truth is I heard nowt in the our East Stand upper that day .

You played well that day , you had the best of it in the return at the Keepmoat too , you won neither .

But please let's not fall in to the trap that all of our players are perfect .

I still remember Doolan putting Stephen McPhail out for the season with THAT tackle .

We've all got skeletons in the cupboard .

Nobody but nobody is righteous in this game so let's cut the crap .

If that's the case your players must think they play behind closed doors as that makes all 4 sides of the ground silent

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 14, 2021, 10:19:32 pm by les@donr »
Being an Italy fan (mother side Italian), felt real pride in the performance on last Friday, think Wales best chance is a win against Turkey, Italy could have beaten them 5 or 6 nil. I think our biggest test will come on Wednesday against Switzerland, a decent side that will play for a draw, but I think Italy will be too good for them.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 17, 2021, 04:56:12 am by VivaRovers »
Brilliant team performance by Wales; after we never really got hold of the ball against Switzerland we gave a much better account of what the team is about to beat Turkey. Should really have been more than 2-0 too.
Considering the turnover in players since Euro 2016, getting out of the group here will be a great achievement. Not quite a fairytale, but a big step forward for football in Wales.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 17, 2021, 07:57:33 am by Pancho Regan »
Brilliant team performance by Wales; after we never really got hold of the ball against Switzerland we gave a much better account of what the team is about to beat Turkey. Should really have been more than 2-0 too.
Considering the turnover in players since Euro 2016, getting out of the group here will be a great achievement. Not quite a fairytale, but a big step forward for football in Wales.

I tuned in after getting home from work, just as Bale missed the pen. I feared Wales might regret that miss, but what a resolute defensive performance they put in as Turkey piled on the pressure. That last-ditch tackle by Ramsey was brilliant. Kieffer Moore worked his socks off up front. Edge-of-the-seat stuff!

Then when you won that first corner in added time, I was convinced they would just hold onto the ball in the corner, but Bale had other ideas .... twice!
Some say that genius and insanity are close cousins..... I give you Gareth Bale!

What a finish to the match. I was hooping and hollering, so chuffed for Wales.

Just as I know you would have been for England Glen ......   ;)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 17, 2021, 08:04:06 am by VivaRovers »
Clever move by Bale on two fronts; one in that Turkey weren't wise to it, but also in that getting through this group could still come down to goal difference so that second goal could prove crucial.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 17, 2021, 08:08:24 am by Pancho Regan »
Clever move by Bale on two fronts; one in that Turkey weren't wise to it, but also in that getting through this group could still come down to goal difference so that second goal could prove crucial.

He had the courage and the skill to pull it off, brilliant stuff.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 17, 2021, 08:13:57 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
If England apply the same work rate and guts on top of the talent we have, we would be a force to be reckoned with.

I suspect we will try and coast our way to the next round and then get caught short when teams up the ante.

Full marks to Wales who rightly should be bursting with pride.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 17, 2021, 08:39:15 am by dickos1 »
I disagree with that
Players like Phillips, mount, rice, foden, work as hard as anyone

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 17, 2021, 08:54:10 am by selby »
  Italy 29 games without defeat someone has said, you always lose the one you don't want to.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 17, 2021, 09:07:39 am by DearneValleyRover »
If England apply the same work rate and guts on top of the talent we have, we would be a force to be reckoned with.

I suspect we will try and coast our way to the next round and then get caught short when teams up the ante.

Full marks to Wales who rightly should be bursting with pride.

I have to disagree DBR, in the past you would be correct but the biggest thing that happened against Croatia was England’s game management, it was what you would expect from teams like Italy, Spain and Germany, very un English

TinyPortal © 2005-2012