Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 03:46:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cummings dishes the dirt  (Read 4592 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: Cummings dishes the dirt
« Reply #30 on June 17, 2021, 12:30:41 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
have always wondered what "Cummings" real "end game" was

from "my" limited knowledge he was hired  to do a job  "BREXIT"  we all know in "what country"  he spent time in his earlier life

googling
"russia want the uk out of the eu"

throws up some interesting links
including
https://fedtrust.co.uk/why-putin-wanted-johnson-to-win-brexit-and-end-up-in-no-10/

"In 2012 Putin told the Russian Embassy to set up a group of MPs called “Conservative Friends of Russia”. The Russian Ambassador held a launch party in the Russian embassy attended by Carrie Symonds then a Tory party press officer now mother of Johnson’s latest baby. The former Foreign Secretary, Sir Malcolm Rifkind was conned into being president of the group. The Kremlin organised an all-expenses paid junket to Moscow and St Petersburg for the latter-day useful pro-Moscow idiots amongst anti-European Tory MPs.  On the junket was another Cummings associate, Matthew Elliot, who set up anti-European fronts before emerging as one of the chief ideologues of the Johnson-Cummings-Farage campaign for Brexit in 2016."

now if CLH can find this info in 10 minutes .....   it "allegedly" makes you wonder what the "Cummings real end game is "

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 17, 2021, 12:33:36 pm by belton rover »
I don’t disagree with that Glyn.
But you never answered my question.

Becuase it doesn't need answering, it doesn't matter if I think it proves what Johnson was thinking when he wrote it because either way one of those two scenarios apply.

What I think it proves is that Johnson wrote it, and that's all it needs to prove.
My error then Glyn.
When you responded to my original post, incorrectly accusing me of whataboutery. I mistakenly thought you wanted to engage in the point I raised. Instead, quite ironically, you engaged in whataboutery.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 17, 2021, 01:06:57 pm by River Don »
What whataboutery, Glyn?

Let’s put the ‘irrelevant’ argument aside for a second:

Do YOU believe that the private WhatsApp comment is definitive ‘proof’ that Johnson (not you, or anyone else) thinks, and has thought for a long time, that Hancock is ‘totally f**king useless’ at his Job as Health Minister?

Given Johnson was seriously considering sacking him and replacing him with Gove, then I think he wasn't overly impressed with Hancock.

It only seems to be this conviction Johnson holds, that sacking ministers is bad for the government and his position, that saved him.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 17, 2021, 01:21:32 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If somone let the cat out of the bag about everything we'd said in private we wouldn't have a friend on earth. I haven't got a friend or workmate that I haven't called totally f**king hopeless or words to that effect.

Cummings is totally f**king hopeless.

A/ that doesn't surprise anyone that reads your comments &
B/ neither you or your mate were running the country when thousands of lives were in the balance
For someone who I imagine has few friends, if any, you seem to be somewhat expert in your assumptions of other people's friends.

Your naivety in real-world occurrences is well documented in your constant politically driven bile.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 01:24:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 17, 2021, 01:35:25 pm by SydneyRover »
If somone let the cat out of the bag about everything we'd said in private we wouldn't have a friend on earth. I haven't got a friend or workmate that I haven't called totally f**king hopeless or words to that effect.

Cummings is totally f**king hopeless.

A/ that doesn't surprise anyone that reads your comments &
B/ neither you or your mate were running the country when thousands of lives were in the balance
For someone who I imagine has few friends, if any, you seem to be somewhat expert in your assumptions of other people's friends.

Your naivety in real-world occurrences is well documented in your constant politically driven bile.

tehe

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 17, 2021, 01:48:34 pm by SydneyRover »
Intelligent piece by Prof Bill Hanage on the management of care homes by Hancock, signed off by Bozo;
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/17/hancock-care-homes-health-secretary

The real value of Cummings input is throwing some clarity by way of explanation on the posturing of the key players.

Did some people die because of the misleading presentation of information by the corrupt crooks in the driving seat?

It is interesting that no one from the government has stood up and said these are lies or bullshit, nothing to hear except from the fanclub that don't actually address any of the issues on a point by point basis, is that because they can't bb?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on June 17, 2021, 02:04:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I never said Cummings' claim of Boris calling Hancock 'f**king hopeless' in private was untrue. Many things are said in confidentiality that would cause uproar if someone broke that confidentiality, like Cummings, has done.

Only you and the likes of you would use such a story from such a poisonous, bitter individual to pursue your politically driven bile.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 17, 2021, 02:08:44 pm by SydneyRover »
I never said Cummings' claim of Boris calling Hancock 'f**king hopeless' in private was untrue. Many things are said in confidentiality that would cause uproar if someone broke that confidentiality, like Cummings, has done.

Only you and the likes of you would use such a story from such a poisonous, bitter individual to pursue your politically driven bile.

Don't get so angry and hateful bb, johnson isn't really your friend that much should be obvious to you by now, he treats yourself and all his followers with disdain as he lies his way through his daily life, he knows you stick up for him.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 17, 2021, 02:14:22 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If Johnson was as bad as you make him out to be you wouldn't have to scrape the bottom of the barrel in pursuit of political bile against him by means of a poisonous, bitter individual such as Dominic Cummings.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 17, 2021, 02:16:52 pm by SydneyRover »
If Johnson was as bad as you make him out to be you wouldn't have to scrape the bottom of the barrel in pursuit of political bile against him by means of a poisonous, bitter individual such as Dominic Cummings.
gentley bentley, instead of chewing yourself up with nonsense, open the link and factually rebut that within.

https://www.bbc.com/news/57500637

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 17, 2021, 02:33:59 pm by Bentley Bullet »
You're being a slippy Skippy, aren't you? Stick to the subject old boy.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 17, 2021, 02:37:33 pm by SydneyRover »
You're being a slippy Skippy, aren't you? Stick to the subject old boy.

It's all in the link bb, cummings is only confirming what most already know, it's just you and yours refuse to accept the truth, you can't handle the truth, owd lad

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 17, 2021, 03:47:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Strange though Skippy how all the way through May the UK had the least amount of cases per 1000 in that list, yet you failed to mention it back then. Not ever! Methinks you'll also fail to mention when any future improvements in our position occur in that league.

Don't you agree? I guess not, and you're just gonna continue your one-sided negative reporting of the UK's situation in pursuit of your political agenda, aren't you?

If you acted in such a negative way on the football forum, by for instance only rubbishing the team in adversity and ignoring the successes, even the handful of lefty sympathizers on here would call you a traitor to the club and advise you to f**k off and go and support L**ds. I think, likewise, you're a traitor to your own country on this forum, and should maybe f**k off and support Australia.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 17, 2021, 04:00:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.
This really has nothing to do with whether Cummings is bitter, twisted, untrustworthy or unpleasant. It is to do with competence at the heart of Govt.

We KNOW that we chose to go into the first lockdown late. We KNOW that decision cost maybe 20-30k lives and meant that when the lockdown did come, it was longer and more damaging than it needed have been. Cummings has shown that the Govt also knew that at the time.

We KNOW that we were painfully slow at ramping up testing capacity, and that added to the disaster. Cummings's evidence shows that Govt knew AT THE TIME what a disaster that was.

That's really all that matters. You can engage with that or you can try to make it about personalities. Your choice.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 17, 2021, 04:07:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Of Course, that is all that matters BST, to you in pursuit of your political agenda.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 17, 2021, 04:09:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Go on then BB.

What about this matters to you more than the competence of our Govt in managing the crisis?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 17, 2021, 04:13:58 pm by belton rover »
BB.
This really has nothing to do with whether Cummings is bitter, twisted, untrustworthy or unpleasant. It is to do with competence at the heart of Govt.

We KNOW that we chose to go into the first lockdown late. We KNOW that decision cost maybe 20-30k lives and meant that when the lockdown did come, it was longer and more damaging than it needed have been. Cummings has shown that the Govt also knew that at the time.

We KNOW that we were painfully slow at ramping up testing capacity, and that added to the disaster. Cummings's evidence shows that Govt knew AT THE TIME what a disaster that was.

That's really all that matters. You can engage with that or you can try to make it about personalities. Your choice.

But do we KNOW that Johnson thinks Hancock is a 'f**king hopeless' health minister, because of a private comment on WhatsApp? And if that doesn't matter, why suggest it does?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 17, 2021, 04:24:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Go on then BB.

What about this matters to you more than the competence of our Govt in managing the crisis?
No BST, for once, you start answering questions. You can start by telling me what is untrue about my last post.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 17, 2021, 04:24:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Belton.
You talk about context. Look at the context of that exchange. Look at what Johnson's ejaculation was in response to.

Cummings had just, correctly, pointed out that in March the USA had massively upped its testing capacity while under Hancock's watch, our capacity had stuttered. And remember that Hancock was on record at that time saying the problem was that industry wasn't producing enough chemical reagents - a claim flatly denied at the time by several leading industry figures.

Now ask yourself: If Johnson DIDN'T think that Hancock was totally f**king hopeless in that light, what would it take for him to think someone was?

And then there is Glyn's point. Either Johnson DID think that. Or he has no control over his responses to his subordinates. The comparison to what you or I would shout at a Rovers match is ludicrous. We are biased and emotionally invested. We expect our leaders in a crisis to act like f**king leaders. Not blow off. Especially to a man like Cummings who (as anyone who has tracked him knows) is ruthless in taking people on. At an absolute bare minimum, it shows a totally lack of discipline from Johnson.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 17, 2021, 04:25:45 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Go on then BB.

No BST, for once, you start answering questions. You can start by telling me what is untrue about my last post.
.......And the one before that.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 17, 2021, 04:28:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.
Eeh lad it doesn't work like that. I'm dealing in facts. You are dealing in your obsessive personal trolling.

If you want to engage in a discussion of facts, I'm game. If you're going to drag this back down your obsessive rabbit hole, I'll get back to work and leave you to it.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 17, 2021, 04:51:05 pm by Bentley Bullet »
But you're only interested in trolling the internet for anti-government propaganda, aren't you? You only deal in Anti-government facts, don't you? You call it grown-up politics, don't you?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 17, 2021, 06:05:53 pm by belton rover »
Billy. You really think a prime minister should never ‘blow off’? In private? To someone he regarded as a good friend?
The prime minister’s job is far more more reason to blow off than you or I might want to do at the Keepmoat.
Would you rather have an emotionless robot in charge?
Actually, I already know the answer to that one.

And in yet another unnecessarily long winded post, you forgot to answer the original question. Again.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 06:08:48 pm by belton rover »

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 17, 2021, 06:16:07 pm by albie »
Short summary here of some of the points raised by Cummings;
https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/all-the-key-claims-and-evidence-from-dominic-cummings-bombshell-blog

It might help some, who are posting here without having read the Cummings blog.
Not that reading Cummings is easy, but posting a reply to something you have not read is a sign of potential issues for the poster.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 17, 2021, 06:53:51 pm by River Don »
Billy. You really think a prime minister should never ‘blow off’? In private? To someone he regarded as a good friend?
The prime minister’s job is far more more reason to blow off than you or I might want to do at the Keepmoat.

And in yet another unnecessarily long winded post, you forgot to answer the original question. Again.

Cummings claims Johnson repeatedly put forward the opinion that he thought Hancock was useless. I think he published two screen grabs showing that. Johnson also appeared to be on the verge of replacing him with Gove.

It wasn't a onetime emotional exchange. It seemed to be the opinion he held.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 17, 2021, 07:03:21 pm by bpoolrover »
Short summary here of some of the points raised by Cummings;
https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/all-the-key-claims-and-evidence-from-dominic-cummings-bombshell-blog

It might help some, who are posting here without having read the Cummings blog.
Not that reading Cummings is easy, but posting a reply to something you have not read is a sign of potential issues for the poster.
at the minute he has not backed much of what he has said up, a couple of texts calling Hancock names, he really needs to provide proper evidence that he has been asked for to be taken seriously

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on June 17, 2021, 07:12:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

BB.
If he thought Cummings was a good friend, he's a bigger fool than I thought. Cummings is the wildest of loose cannons. He used Johnson as a front man to get himself into the centre of Govt. Cummings always had one aim. To smash up Govt and reinvent it according to how he thought it ought to work. Johnson was his means to that end.

He was never a friend. If Johnson really thought that, his lack of judgement is staggering.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on June 17, 2021, 07:21:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Belton.

The answer to your question was there all along if you read a bit rather than chucking out insults.

Cummings laid out the context, showing that the Health Dept had totally failed to get testing sorted out. Johnson could have argued the toss. But he didn't. Of course he wouldn't because the failure was unarguable.

The reason why Johnson's response matters is because it demonstrates that he was aware of the testing shambles at the time that he was telling us they were doing all they could to keep us safe.

It's not about personalities. It's about competence right at the top. THAT is why it matters.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 17, 2021, 07:22:23 pm by belton rover »

BB.
If he thought Cummings was a good friend, he's a bigger fool than I thought. Cummings is the wildest of loose cannons. He used Johnson as a front man to get himself into the centre of Govt. Cummings always had one aim. To smash up Govt and reinvent it according to how he thought it ought to work. Johnson was his means to that end.

He was never a friend. If Johnson really thought that, his lack of judgement is staggering.

Yet another response that completely ignores the questions.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 17, 2021, 07:24:47 pm by belton rover »
Belton.

The answer to your question was there all along if you read a bit rather than chucking out insults.

Cummings laid out the context, showing that the Health Dept had totally failed to get testing sorted out. Johnson could have argued the toss. But he didn't. Of course he wouldn't because the failure was unarguable.

The reason why Johnson's response matters is because it demonstrates that he was aware of the testing shambles at the time that he was telling us they were doing all they could to keep us safe.

It's not about personalities. It's about competence right at the top. THAT is why it matters.

Insults?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012