Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:00:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New kit  (Read 13548 times)

number19

• Forum Member
Re: New kit
« Reply #120 on June 30, 2021, 10:17:46 pm by number19 »
I agree with a comment a few back, the keepers kit looks much the better of the two.

Surprised no one has mentioned the Viking top in the video released, I thought it looked great. Would be interested in buying one of these:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on June 30, 2021, 10:19:54 pm by Pside »
It’s a no from me

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on July 01, 2021, 08:37:03 am by DRCraig »
It has grown on me already. Goalie top is very smart.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on July 01, 2021, 08:45:21 am by Metalmicky »
I really like it - bit different and glad that the hoops extend round the back also.  What colour is the away strip going to be...?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on July 01, 2021, 09:03:48 am by roversdude »
Quick question do season ticket holders get any discount on shirts etc

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on July 01, 2021, 09:07:41 am by bobjimwilly »
As long as I don't hear any waffle how they are still hoops and the club admit they've replaced them with horizontal pinstripes.

Nathan Batchelor posted an interesting poll on twitter: https://twitter.com/NathanDRFC/status/1410283186844733440

Almost 60% out of 1000 people think it's awful...

(also liked this tweet  :lol: https://twitter.com/NathanDRFC/status/1410307909221859330)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on July 01, 2021, 09:17:07 am by Metalmicky »
Already on elite sports website with bogle fej and Anderson

Fej looks a little 'plump' in that - let's hope he hasn't been over indulging...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on July 01, 2021, 09:18:47 am by DonnyOsmond »
Think I prefer the shade of red they've used tbf, compared to older shirts.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on July 01, 2021, 09:52:06 am by DonnyNoel »
It's a smart kit for sure but I did like our hooped identity.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on July 01, 2021, 09:59:29 am by IDM »
Bit disappointed with the too thin white “hoops” but as soon as that first goal/win happens will it really matter.?

Looking forward to the away kit design.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on July 01, 2021, 10:10:40 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Bit disappointed with the too thin white “hoops” but as soon as that first goal/win happens will it really matter.?

Looking forward to the away kit design.

It'll matter if people don't by them. That's the only reason we've got it.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on July 01, 2021, 10:15:38 am by IDM »
I understand that, but it will grow on people the more they see it and the more they see others in the stadium wearing it.  Sure some won’t like it and might not buy one even if they buy regularly, but then again others who don’t might buy it.. it’s the same every season..

If I was someone who bought a shirt every season this years design wouldn’t put me off even if I prefer wider hoops.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on July 01, 2021, 10:22:49 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I like it as a shirt. But do agree the white is a little too thin.  Had they gone with a slightly wider white hoop we'd all be happy I think.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on July 01, 2021, 10:31:45 am by Metalmicky »
Can't watch this at work, but has this already been reported...?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/doncaster-kit-video-prank-backfires-24434878

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on July 01, 2021, 10:40:49 am by DRNaith »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/doncaster-kit-video-prank-backfires-24434878

So there were some fake kit pics released, that we all missed, and then the actual kit was leaked and some of us thought it was fake!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on July 01, 2021, 10:44:35 am by ravenrover »
Our identity is not hoops when I started watching, along with many others on this forum, our kit was all white with a couple of red bands across the shirt with a red collar and cuffs. Hoops are only fairly recent in our history, I'll be buying this one

The history of the club didn't start when you started watching them.
Thanks for your usual positive comment
Correct I'd be an even older fart than I am now, I was pointing out that we haven't always worn red and white hoops. Go back further than the 60's and you will see a mixture of hoops and also different colours as has been pointed out

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on July 01, 2021, 10:51:43 am by keyser_soze »
I find it hilarious that they thought Ro-Shaun Williams, AJ Greaves and Kyle Knoyle would be super critical of the new kit design and refuse to wear it - two of them having only been with the club 5 minutes and the other just starting his pro career.

(Part of me is hoping this is an even longer con and the actual shirt announced isn't the finished article!)

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on July 01, 2021, 12:27:35 pm by redarmi66 »
There has been a lot of talk about us losing our identity and there is drive to get it back This kit doesnt help. Its dull. It could be walsall or anyone but rovers.We are known for the hoops. Not for me im afraid.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on July 01, 2021, 12:35:31 pm by Campsall rover »
I quite like it. Looks classy. Love the rich red colour. Would though very much prefer white shorts.

Yes it’s not a wide hoop as our previous shirts have been so i understand people going on about identity.
Having said that it is a thin horizontal stripe which is still a hoop.

I am sure this kit will grow on people. Give it time.

Let’s face it how easy is it to alter a traditional Rovers hooped shirt season after season and have almost the same shirt that most people seem to want.
It’s almost impossible.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on July 01, 2021, 01:46:26 pm by PDX_Rover »
Is it a white hoop or a band? It’s grown on me but I think i would have liked the white bands a bit thicker…

I actually really liked the Train Wheel mock up kit. That was really different.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on July 01, 2021, 02:23:45 pm by danumdon »
Awful, if this is buying into the Rovers identity then it's lost me completly.

This could be anyone, its not Donny Rovers.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on July 01, 2021, 03:04:07 pm by IDM »
I’m sorry, but the club doesn’t lose its “identity” via a new shirt design.

I really like our red and white hoops, more so when the colours have equal width.  But we haven’t always had them, have we.?

Was our identity any less when we beat the then top top side QPR in the cup in 1985.?  Or when Billy Bremner led us to promotion in 1981.?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 07:17:51 pm by IDM »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on July 01, 2021, 03:10:14 pm by roversdude »
I like the uniqueness of red and white hoops but tbh it’s grown on me, could be much worse - remember when Weeds changed their badge a few years ago.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on July 01, 2021, 03:13:11 pm by keyser_soze »
People point to the fact we lost the hoops in the 90's - but I also remember a campaign around that time to bring them back!

At least its not solid red, just very close together hoops. Equal width straight hoops are my preference too, i think what we have got would have looked better with white shorts though to lessen the pyjama effect.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on July 01, 2021, 04:43:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Depends what generation you started to watch Rovers. 60s, going into 70s etc, I just recall us being predominantly white with red trim. Then, going to all red shirts and white shorts. I wasn't aware really of any tradition or identity relating to hoops.

With various stabs at it along the way, it was JR I think who really championed the hoops.

However, I think we all know the identity GB wad referring to, and that's the brand of football rather than the kit.

I would imagine the average football fan who pays an interest to this sort of thing would associate us with good football, eventhough sometimes it's just been an aspirational thing. I can't imagine many seeing us as a hoofball club.

The owners have generally seen it through and try to appoint managers who want to play good football and I'm glad we have. Some owners don't seem to give a monkeys what kind of football is played, as long as they think it's winning football.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on July 01, 2021, 05:13:05 pm by since-1969 »
Depends what generation you started to watch Rovers. 60s, going into 70s etc, I just recall us being predominantly white with red trim. Then, going to all red shirts and white shorts. I wasn't aware really of any tradition or identity relating to hoops.

With various stabs at it along the way, it was JR I think who really championed the hoops.

However, I think we all know the identity GB wad referring to, and that's the brand of football rather than the kit.

I would imagine the average football fan who pays an interest to this sort of thing would associate us with good football, eventhough sometimes it's just been an aspirational thing. I can't imagine many seeing us as a hoofball club.

The owners have generally seen it through and try to appoint managers who want to play good football and I'm glad we have. Some owners don't seem to give a monkeys what kind of football is played, as long as they think it's winning football.
Yes I suppose if your team plays in a strip that looks a kin to pyjamas and win that’s fine .., BUT if you loose .

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on July 01, 2021, 05:55:24 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I have always thought of the hoops design as red hoops on a white background, so, taking that to the logical conclusion the hoops aren't too narrow, if anything they're too wide   :scarf:

I do very much prefer the deeper red though.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on July 01, 2021, 06:07:17 pm by Janso »

Yes I suppose if your team plays in a strip that looks a kin to pyjamas and win that’s fine .., BUT if you loose .

Some absolutely mindblowing mental gymnastics going on here.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on July 01, 2021, 06:18:17 pm by roversdude »
Obviously red material is cheaper than white…..just preempting claims that the board have taken the cheap option

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on July 01, 2021, 07:01:36 pm by scawsby steve »
I’m sorry, but the club doesn’t lose its “identity” via a new shirt design.

I really like our red and white hoops, more so when the colours have equal width.  But we haven’t always had them, have we.?

Was our identity any less when we beat the then top top side QPR in the cup in 1995.?  Or when Billy Bremner led us to promotion in 1981.?

If I'm totally wrong here, I'll hold my hand up, but I'm sure we beat QPR in the FA Cup in 1985.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012