Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 02:03:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mason Mount  (Read 4581 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Mason Mount
« on June 18, 2021, 09:53:46 pm by Branton Rover »
The new David McAllum - he has turned into the Invisible man & his delivery from set pieces was desperately poor

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Re: Mason Mount
« Reply #1 on June 18, 2021, 09:57:01 pm by sha66y »
Not much to talk about …….. Kane is a bloody Donkey in this team……heavy, slow and lazy

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 18, 2021, 10:11:08 pm by selby »
sha66y, that's showing no respect to donkeys.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 18, 2021, 10:23:11 pm by Chris the Rover »
Plus, Sterling is a lightweight. Like a slightly more skilful Kyle Bennett.

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 18, 2021, 10:27:32 pm by DRCraig »
Mount struts about and looks at himself on the screen and in to the camera more than most of the other players.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 18, 2021, 10:48:49 pm by Redandwhite »
The new David McAllum - he has turned into the Invisible man & his delivery from set pieces was desperately poor
Best player 1st half .
Not sure what you were watching

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 19, 2021, 12:13:07 am by dickos1 »
Not much to talk about …….. Kane is a bloody Donkey in this team……heavy, slow and lazy

The more you talk, the more you expose your complete lack of understanding to do with anything related to football

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 19, 2021, 08:36:15 am by the vicar »
They were all shit last night

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 19, 2021, 08:51:24 am by SydneyRover »
by all reports they kept a good team playing well from winning

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 19, 2021, 08:56:27 am by aidanstu »
They were all  shit last night

What did Pickford and Grealish do wrong? I don’t get he criticism of Mings or Foden either to be fair.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 19, 2021, 10:23:37 am by the vicar »
Pickford nothing but when Grealish came on they had him in there pockets

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 19, 2021, 10:30:00 am by dickos1 »
Both centre halves played well,
I think on Tuesday he’ll bring in a few players like grealish, maguire, Bellingham, sancho, saka
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 10:43:22 am by dickos1 »

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 19, 2021, 10:30:09 am by DRCraig »
Mount and Pickford are the most arrogant in the England team.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 19, 2021, 10:36:20 am by dickos1 »
Unless you know all the England players I’m struggling to understand how you could know that

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 19, 2021, 10:52:31 am by Not Now Kato »
They were all  shit last night

What did Pickford and Grealish do wrong? I don’t get he criticism of Mings or Foden either to be fair.

What did Grealish do right would be a better question.  And as for Kane...............

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 19, 2021, 10:59:27 am by DRCraig »
Unless you know all the England players I’m struggling to understand how you could know that
the way they come across on tv.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 19, 2021, 11:01:54 am by Draytonian III »
Mount and Pickford are the most arrogant in the England team.

Pickford presently is the best goalkeeper, Sam Johnstone is second and the vastly overrated Dean Henderson is third

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 19, 2021, 11:07:51 am by steve@dcfd »
Mason Mount and Foden were the best England players with the two centre halves. Rice and Phillips were to static. Bothe fullbacks didn’t get forward enough may be playing to orders because they do more for the clubs. Kane and Sterling didn’t do enough in fact Kane looks unfit. All this clamour for Grealish he did nothing when he came on and he scores less goals than Mount Foden and all the forward players. Southgate needs to change the central midfield only one of Rice or Phillips. Either play Bellingham with Mount or Foden. 

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 19, 2021, 11:13:02 am by selby »
 People make me laugh when they say Sterling is poor when every team we play see him as a problem and double up on him, We have had the Kane problem before with Rooney and mooted transfers while in a tournament the Man U, City, Liverpool, and Chelsea players will have been told to get into his ear hole, and his agent will be on the phone seeing pound notes in front of his eyes.
  The constant lack of trust we have in expansive players from the days of Shackleton, Curry, Hoddle, Gazza, Alli, plus many more  and now Grealish costs us and we will probably roll out Henderson on Tuesday to try and actually win a game, every generation paying the cost of ignoring exceptional talent and going for the average players who play for certain clubs like Chelsea and West Ham.
  If Grealish played for Chelsea and Mount for Villa, who do you think would be playing the No10 role?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 19, 2021, 11:26:50 am by dickos1 »
To be fair grealish has been injured for the last few months and was always going to be brought in gradually.
They doubled up on all our attacking players last night not just stirling. Foden always had two on him and Scotland did well in stopping the service into Kane,
We’ve never done that well in the group stages of a tournament and don’t think we’ve ever won every game, we’re still in a great position

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 19, 2021, 12:05:46 pm by Alan Southstand »
Kane would be dropped for any Premiership team, performing like he has for 2 or 3 games, now. He needs resting. And Rashford should not be his replacement!

Sterling - not for me. Not on last night’s showing, anyway. How he subbed off Foden first last night was ridiculous and just shows how limited Southgate is.

Rice & Philips? OK, if they perform in a staggered formation, as per Croatia game, but not against Scotland - it needed Bellingham in there.

The entire game plan was based on not losing, which was negative from the off. Typical of Southgate.

Sleep inducing.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 19, 2021, 12:24:59 pm by dickos1 »
Kane wouldn’t be dropped by premiership teams for 2 poor performances.
No chance

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 19, 2021, 12:28:44 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Baffling bringing on Rashford as CF. Calvert Lewin wouldn't have probably got any joy either from the lack of crosses or balls into the box

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 19, 2021, 01:05:27 pm by aidanstu »
Shaggy, aren’t you on the “I don’t care about the euros thread” saying you would be only watching 20 minutes of any game if you found it Dull. Not to pick on you there are a few others moaning about the team who also said they weren’t interested.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 19, 2021, 01:36:27 pm by GazLaz »
Mount is a top player. If you think different maybe footballs not for you.

Walshy

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 19, 2021, 01:47:54 pm by Walshy »
This  thread shows which members know nothing about football. Mount was our best player last night.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 19, 2021, 01:56:36 pm by Nudga »
My team for Tuesday

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Mings
Chilwell

Phillips

Sancho
Mount
Grealish

Foden

Kane

Give Foden a free role so he's less likely to be picked up by two defenders as soon as he gets the ball.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 19, 2021, 02:07:07 pm by sha66y »

The more you talk, the more you expose your complete lack of understanding to do with anything related to football

Don’t be an ass Dickos!

If you can defend his game then do so…..don’t just snipe cos you got ya fingers burnt on the non euros thread…. Lol ….at least ya predictable and unoriginal…

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 19, 2021, 02:19:44 pm by sha66y »
Shaggy, aren’t you on the “I don’t care about the euros thread” saying you would be only watching 20 minutes of any game if you found it Dull. Not to pick on you there are a few others moaning about the team who also said they weren’t interested.

I must admit I did watch the first 20 minutes, and like many I found the England set up quite baffling, now I don’t know any of these players as such, however I know when a team is set up to not lose….I became intrigued by the tenacity of Scotland, and found myself admiring players I knew absolutely nothing about….
So I watched until half time….then listened to the panel lambasting Englands performance….which I tended to agree with, especially Souness!
By the first ten minutes of the second half, I was on the Scotland underdog train….and hoping they would Nick it….
Not because I wanted England to lose….I just didn’t think they deserved anything from the game, and Scotland may not have individuals as good as some of ours…..but they had a great attitude, and I like that….

Currently listening to Hendrix on Vinyl, running my new Grado Prestige Red3 cartridge that came this morning…..and not watching whatever games on at 2

Oh ! and I thought the Mount lad was very good but hampered by the strategy being implemented….
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 02:22:45 pm by sha66y »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 19, 2021, 07:32:51 pm by PDX_Rover »
I thought Mason mount was something Niall attempted in a Bawtry hostelry…

TinyPortal © 2005-2012