Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 06:53:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Italy vs England Euro2020 Final  (Read 15033 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Italy vs England Euro2020 Final
« Reply #300 on July 12, 2021, 03:52:38 pm by dickos1 »
I was in 531 too mate on the 2nd row.
A precarious position once that goal went in with the drop off the balcony and the bedlam commencing.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #301 on July 12, 2021, 03:58:02 pm by Jonathan »
I was in 531 too mate on the 2nd row.
A precarious position once that goal went in with the drop off the balcony and the bedlam commencing.

Row 22 so a bit further back. But I was on the end of the row and there was a bit of tumbling down!

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #302 on July 12, 2021, 04:01:41 pm by danumdon »
I’d go a bit further and say that it’s criminal that a young talent like Rashford who should be one of the first names on the team sheet has gone so far of the boil as to now be third or fourth choice.

A cynic would say that his gradual loss of form has coincided with his increased public involvement with all things none football, has he allowed outside influences to affect his form and if so where was the man management to prevent and avoid this.

In the past many great and revered footballers carried out as much if not more charity work  mostly under the radar.

Is it a sign of the times and social media pressure to blame or just a case of a young well meaning lad getting drawn into too many outside influences?

Should Rovers be stopping all players doing community work now if that's the case? School vists, local charities, working with local youth clubs, The Belles etc.

Or is it just people who campaign on highlighting poverty in the UK you have a problem with?

Typical snowflake answer, straight on the defensive when there’s no need.

I have no issue with charity work be it 
highlighting poverty or any other well meaning cause for anyone who needs it, indeed I encourage it.

What I do have an issue with is when people purposely confuse or agitate to make a point where one does not exist.

I made the point that this individual has had a gradual loss of form from his previous high standards and queried if his outside interests had played a part,

You took the opportunity to try to make a political point, badly.

Behave. You brought up his off-field work, someone mildly disagrees with you and you fly off the handle and start calling names. Who's the snowflake again?

How the f**k does Rashford's charity work affect whether that penalty goes in last night?

You basically fell into the same trap as the previous bloke,

I never mentioned anything about Rashfords penalty taking skills, i asked why somebody who should of been firing on all cylinders and in the original team has had this fall from grace, if he had played as we expect he can the match would never have got to penalty's in the first place.

i just asked who was advising him and what support he gets, if Ferguson had still been manager would he of allowed a player on mega wages from the club to be distracted from his paid work?

Why do you people get so agitated and make two and two come to five?
Rashford had a good season by anyone's standard so I'm not sure what your point is. The fact that other players in the England squad had even better seasons to keep him out of the side is a good thing, surely? If he was that out of form he wouldn't be in the squad at all, see: Dele Alli. Smacks of using the player with the biggest public profile as a scapegoat, something we're very good at in this country. The fact you're calling everyone who disagrees "snowflakes" shows this isn't a good faith footballing argument you're making.

Rashford has not had a good season by Rashford's standards, the point i make is that a Rashford in fill flow would of made the difference.

Thank god for players stepping up, on that we can all rejoice.

No one has scapegoated anyone except in your imagination, says more about you and your prejudices.

As above, I'm making a football argument you and the other fella are making political points in bad faith.

Just what is it with people who want to jump on every sencitivity, if we can't have a footballing conversation on here without people taking massive offence because of their individual insecurities and predjudices whats the point?

Like i said , says everthing about you and your state of mind.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #303 on July 12, 2021, 04:08:29 pm by bobjimwilly »
talk about projection.... YOU said:

A cynic would say that his gradual loss of form has coincided with his increased public involvement with all things none football, has he allowed outside influences to affect his form and if so where was the man management to prevent and avoid this.

In the past many great and revered footballers carried out as much if not more charity work  mostly under the radar.

Is it a sign of the times and social media pressure to blame or just a case of a young well meaning lad getting drawn into too many outside influences?

It was YOU that brought up his stuff outside of football. A cynic wouldn't say that stuff, however someone who didn't really like what he does outside of football would.

Here's a straight answer - Southgate believes there wasn't a place in his first 11 this time round for Rashford. Simple as that.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #304 on July 12, 2021, 04:19:37 pm by NickDRFC »
I’d go a bit further and say that it’s criminal that a young talent like Rashford who should be one of the first names on the team sheet has gone so far of the boil as to now be third or fourth choice.

Should Rovers be stopping all players doing community work now if that's the case? School vists, local charities, working with local youth clubs, The Belles etc.

Or is it just people who campaign on highlighting poverty in the UK you have a problem with?

highlighting poverty or any other well meaning cause for anyone who needs it, indeed I encourage it.

What I do have an issue with is when people purposely confuse or agitate to make a point where one does not exist.

I made the point that this individual has had a gradual loss of form from his previous high standards and queried if his outside interests had played a part,

Behave. You brought up his off-field work, someone mildly disagrees with you and you fly off the handle and start calling names. Who's the snowflake again?

How the f**k does Rashford's charity work affect whether that penalty goes in last night?

I never mentioned anything about Rashfords penalty taking skills, i asked why somebody who should of been firing on all cylinders and in the original team has had this fall from grace, if he had played as we expect he can the match would never have got to penalty's in the first place.

i just asked who was advising him and what support he gets, if Ferguson had still been manager would he of allowed a player on mega wages from the club to be distracted from his paid work?

Rashford had a good season by anyone's standard so I'm not sure what your point is. The fact that other players in the England squad had even better seasons to keep him out of the side is a good thing, surely? If he was that out of form he wouldn't be in the squad at all, see: Dele Alli. Smacks of using the player with the biggest public profile as a scapegoat, something we're very good at in this country. The fact you're calling everyone who disagrees "snowflakes" shows this isn't a good faith footballing argument you're making.

Rashford has not had a good season by Rashford's standards, the point i make is that a Rashford in fill flow would of made the difference.

No one has scapegoated anyone except in your imagination, says more about you and your prejudices.

As above, I'm making a football argument you and the other fella are making political points in bad faith.

Just what is it with people who want to jump on every sencitivity, if we can't have a footballing conversation on here without people taking massive offence because of their individual insecurities and predjudices whats the point?

Rashford’s best season was 19/20 but this one was pretty close. Certainly better than previous seasons. His game hasn’t slipped, it’s the emergence of others (Foden, Sancho & Saka) & Sterling’s enduring form for England that has knocked him down the pecking order.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #305 on July 12, 2021, 04:25:06 pm by MachoMadness »
This season:
57 apps 21 goals 15 assists (36 goal involvements)
Last season:
44 apps 22 goals 12 assists (34 goal involvements)
Season before that:
47 apps 13 goals 10 assists (23 goal involvements)

The other seasons are lower, but you get the picture.

What actually are you saying, danumdon? Say it with your whole chest instead of tiptoeing around it. If it was a footballing argument why are you throwing around politically loaded terms like "snowflake" at everyone who disagrees with you? Why are you bringing up people being offended? As far as I can see Wilts isn't offended and neither am I, seems like you're trying to make this into a lefties getting offended thing because it's an easy out these days.

YOU brought up his off-field work. YOU are the one trying to insult people by calling them snowflakes. YOU are the only one making this political! And all so you can whinge about people getting offended when the only one being sensitive is you! Bizarre behaviour.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #306 on July 12, 2021, 04:33:59 pm by danumdon »

It was YOU that brought up his stuff outside of football. A cynic wouldn't say that stuff, however someone who didn't really like what he does outside of football would.

Here's a straight answer - Southgate believes there wasn't a place in his first 11 this time round for Rashford. Simple as that.

We are discussing a match that England have just lost, an in form Rashford in that team yesterday could of made all the difference, are we not allowed to question why that may be?

i do believe i stated earlier that i applaud any ones efforts to any charitable cause, are we now not allowed to state that his efforts may have affected his performance on the field?

Has it now become so that we can't mention anything about anyone for the fear of upsetting people with alternate agenda's?

Where is all this crap going to end?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #307 on July 12, 2021, 04:39:17 pm by wilts rover »

No you didn't. You explicity made the point that Rashfords' 'loss of form' that only you can see was down to his campaigning against poverty.

Would he really have got in the team infront of the top scorer in the country and England's star player of the tournament? Why did Harry Kane hardly have a shot yesterday - was it due to him working in the soup kitchens or something? Why did Paul Marquis hardly score a penalty for us - was he helping out at the orphange too much?

You chose to make an issue of Marcus Rashford - its not me being 'a snowflake' for pointing out the stupidity of it. Why you chose him - people of a different poilitical persuasion to you can make up their own minds - I have from this thread.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #308 on July 12, 2021, 04:54:20 pm by danumdon »

No you didn't. You explicity made the point that Rashfords' 'loss of form' that only you can see was down to his campaigning against poverty.

Would he really have got in the team infront of the top scorer in the country and England's star player of the tournament? Why did Harry Kane hardly have a shot yesterday - was it due to him working in the soup kitchens or something? Why did Paul Marquis hardly score a penalty for us - was he helping out at the orphange too much?

You chose to make an issue of Marcus Rashford - its not me being 'a snowflake' for pointing out the stupidity of it. Why you chose him - people of a different poilitical persuasion to you can make up their own minds - I have from this thread.

I actually didn't choose anyone, i was replying to a post about poor penalty's from Rashford and others, my point was that a Rashford in full flow would of been first choice regardless of other players form, if that had been the case i doubt we would all be having this conversation now.

The fact that i brought up and dared to have the temerity to question if his charitable work could of had an detrimental affect on his off field performance is a valid one to make, if you and others take from this any political leanings or sensitivities then i will say again, it says everything about you and your attitudes and mindset.

If you are determined to shut down any and all discussion about a footballing nature then forums like this will die a death from individuals extreme over sensitivity to anything they don't agree with. Poor.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #309 on July 12, 2021, 05:04:49 pm by NickDRFC »
Danumdon, why have you ignored the post by me and the post by MachoMadness that highlight that Rashford isn’t in poor form? He’s no longer first choice because of the emergence of others, not because of some non-existent slump as a result of helping to improve the lives of thousands of schoolchildren.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #310 on July 12, 2021, 05:29:14 pm by danumdon »
Danumdon, why have you ignored the post by me and the post by MachoMadness that highlight that Rashford isn’t in poor form? He’s no longer first choice because of the emergence of others, not because of some non-existent slump as a result of helping to improve the lives of thousands of schoolchildren.

My view is that Rashford has been playing with injuries for a good portion of last season, this i feel has hampered his game, i haven't checked the stats that you and MM have highlighted and i don't dispute them, but if you can honestly say that he has played in his usual fluent and attacking manner then i don't agree. To me he just hasn't looked right for a good while, that's why i asked the question. I would of loved to have had Rashford firing, he would of still been first choice in the side in my opinion, regardless of others improved form..

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #311 on July 12, 2021, 05:48:21 pm by Campsall rover »
Got to agree with danundom on this one.

Rashford is way off his form from earlier in the season.
Even his body language is not the same imo.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 05:53:18 pm by Campsall rover »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #312 on July 12, 2021, 06:17:36 pm by GazLaz »

Hardly surprising some players drop out of form after having a minimal pre season due to the Covid issues last summer combined with masses of football this season.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #313 on July 12, 2021, 08:24:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
At it again Hound? Responding to a massive match by hypothesising about what hypothetical people might have said in some hypothetical parallel reality.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #314 on July 12, 2021, 08:31:53 pm by drfchound »
At it again Hound? Responding to a massive match by hypothesising about what hypothetical people might have said in some hypothetical parallel reality.

At it again too BST.
TROLLING me again.
Keep your nose out.
Have you run out of people to fall out with again.
No wonder you get called out by so many posters.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 08:34:56 pm by drfchound »

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #315 on July 12, 2021, 08:35:32 pm by DonnyNoel »

We are discussing a match that England have just lost, an in form Rashford in that team yesterday could of made all the difference, are we not allowed to question why that may be?

i do believe i stated earlier that i applaud any ones efforts to any charitable cause, are we now not allowed to state that his efforts may have affected his performance on the field?

Has it now become so that we can't mention anything about anyone for the fear of upsetting people with alternate agenda's?

There's multiple possible reason's he missed that penalty. I doubt the "distraction" of charitable work is even in the top 5.

Why not suggest he had hayfever or hadn't been able to finish a sudoku earlier in the afternoon?

As shown above, dozens of players, some bettter than Rashford have missed big penalties.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #316 on July 12, 2021, 08:36:43 pm by DonnyNoel »

His body language taking the penalty last night was almost identical to the match winning penalty he slotted away against PSG a year or two ago.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #317 on July 12, 2021, 08:55:43 pm by danumdon »

There's multiple possible reason's he missed that penalty. I doubt the "distraction" of charitable work is even in the top 5.

Why not suggest he had hayfever or hadn't been able to finish a sudoku earlier in the afternoon?

As shown above, dozens of players, some bettter than Rashford have missed big penalties.

Can you point out to me where i've mentiond anything about Rashford missing a penalty or a reason for Rashford missing a penalty?

Or am i to deduce that you are either , thick, can't read or it suits your agenda to say so,

Whichever it is you sound like a bandwagon jumping halfwit.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #318 on July 12, 2021, 09:01:56 pm by DonnyNoel »

Can you point out to me where i've mentiond anything about Rashford missing a penalty or a reason for Rashford missing a penalty?

Or am i to deduce that you are either , thick, can't read or it suits your agenda to say so,

Haha, sorry, quoted the wrong post. But I can assure you I'm none of the above  :coat:

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #319 on July 12, 2021, 09:07:49 pm by danumdon »

Haha, sorry, quoted the wrong post. But I can assure you I'm none of the above  :coat:

Erm, Thats quite alright, we can all wait for you to quote the right post, or shall we assume all of the above still stands?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #320 on July 12, 2021, 09:14:07 pm by DonnyNoel »

Erm, Thats quite alright, we can all wait for you to quote the right post, or shall we assume all of the above still stands?

It was one of your earlier ones  :woohoo:

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #321 on July 12, 2021, 09:20:06 pm by danumdon »

Er, Ok, so you can't produce the quote but we all know where your coming from.

I'm now going to leave it at that, I'll enjoy the Italian win and be frustrated at the English performance.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #322 on July 12, 2021, 09:28:59 pm by DonnyNoel »

I'm now going to leave it at that, I'll enjoy the Italian win and be frustrated at the English performance.

Did you have an e/w bet at the start of the tournament like I did on Italy?  :chair:

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #323 on July 12, 2021, 09:41:28 pm by danumdon »

Did you have an e/w bet at the start of the tournament like I did on Italy?  :chair:

I'd never bet a cent on a football match, i'd love to know how well the bookies did on that England performance.

I have a foot in each camp.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #324 on July 12, 2021, 09:46:44 pm by normal rules »
Bookies never lose in any game as they Lay off their bets to minimise risk. They are no mugs.
The boss of Bet365, Denise Coates, paid herself an eye-watering £468m in the 12 months to March last year in what is believed to be the largest ever payday for a FTSE 100 CEO.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #325 on July 13, 2021, 07:27:14 am by sha66y »

I actually didn't choose anyone, i was replying to a post about poor penalty's from Rashford and others, my point was that a Rashford in full flow would of been first choice regardless of other players form, if that had been the case i doubt we would all be having this conversation now.

The fact that i brought up and dared to have the temerity to question if his charitable work could of had an detrimental affect on his off field performance is a valid one to make, if you and others take from this any political leanings or sensitivities then i will say again, it says everything about you and your attitudes and mindset.

If you are determined to shut down any and all discussion about a footballing nature then forums like this will die a death from individuals extreme over sensitivity to anything they don't agree with. Poor.

I actually understood what you were saying and agree that it is a fair point and a question that should be asked…” can a footballers extra curricular activities effect his on field performance” …….it’s not a hard question to answer, and only a d**khead would answer it by attacking the author….
In this instance I would say older wiser Managers would probably advise their players to just focus on the football, however in this modern age I think it’s encouraged to do other work, especially charitable work, ….
But to answer the original question ….I think Rashford may have not been focussed enough over the last year to convince Southgate that he was the man to lead the line or be first sub…………..ta ! Daaaaaaaaaaa !

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #326 on July 13, 2021, 09:24:27 am by Campsall rover »
Just to clear up the Marcus Rashford debate once and for all.

Listening to Talk Sport yesterday eve in the car, interview with MS.

Quote “ My confidence has been low recently and my form is not what it was earlier in the season”

Case closed.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #327 on July 13, 2021, 10:00:52 am by dickos1 »

I actually understood what you were saying and agree that it is a fair point and a question that should be asked…” can a footballers extra curricular activities effect his on field performance” …….it’s not a hard question to answer, and only a d**khead would answer it by attacking the author….
In this instance I would say older wiser Managers would probably advise their players to just focus on the football, however in this modern age I think it’s encouraged to do other work, especially charitable work, ….
But to answer the original question ….I think Rashford may have not been focussed enough over the last year to convince Southgate that he was the man to lead the line or be first sub…………..ta ! Daaaaaaaaaaa !

Your posts never cease to amaze me in how much rubbish you can fit into a few paragraphs on such a consistent basis

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #328 on July 13, 2021, 10:28:11 am by sha66y »

Your posts never cease to amaze me in how much rubbish you can fit into a few paragraphs on such a consistent basis

And your inability to :
Read
Digest
Answer

Does not amaze me at all…….you tend to jump all over posts and answer/ give your opinion on something completely unrelated to the topic….

But you are fun,
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 10:36:25 am by sha66y »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #329 on July 13, 2021, 12:27:13 pm by dickos1 »

And your inability to :
Read
Digest
Answer

Does not amaze me at all…….you tend to jump all over posts and answer/ give your opinion on something completely unrelated to the topic….

But you are fun,

I think the problem stems from you not understanding anything you write.
My replies relate to your post but because you have no idea about football then you don’t understand that they do

TinyPortal © 2005-2012