Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 04:24:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Italy vs England Euro2020 Final  (Read 15073 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Italy vs England Euro2020 Final
« Reply #210 on July 11, 2021, 11:30:01 pm by Filo »
Feel so sorry for Saka, been one of the best players this tournament and huge future ahead of him, what a player! I hope the f*ck*ng scum Tory press don’t get on his back, or any of the other penalty missers, on the basis of the colour of their skin!

Unfortunately I feel Twitter racists will be rife!  :headbang: :headbang:  :headbang:

You seriously think that Saka has been one of the best players this tournament???

Saka will be a big player in the future, but today the game was too big for him

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on July 11, 2021, 11:31:30 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
The more you look at it the more it’s a carbon copy of the Croatia WC game. Couldn’t deal with them in midfield. Started off winning our battles but when the game settled down we can’t keep the ball as well as them. Win as many 50/50s as you like at this level you have to be able to move the ball better

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #212 on July 11, 2021, 11:37:31 pm by arkseyrover »
The too cautious thou shall not lose philosophy of Southgate has failed yet again. How can a manager with so much attacking talent and natural flair available pursue such boring negative safety first tactics when the cup is there to be won! Unbelievably poor management. But the tragedy is we have yet again failed to live up to our potential and Southgate will be milking the media and the public by claiming how well we did and how unfortunate we were when WE SHOULD HAVE WON IT!

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #213 on July 11, 2021, 11:41:06 pm by LincsRover »
Feel so sorry for Saka, been one of the best players this tournament and huge future ahead of him, what a player! I hope the f*ck*ng scum Tory press don’t get on his back, or any of the other penalty missers, on the basis of the colour of their skin!

Unfortunately I feel Twitter racists will be rife!  :headbang: :headbang:  :headbang:

You seriously think that Saka has been one of the best players this tournament???

Yes, he’s been brilliant and one of the reasons England have gone so far. A superstar of the future and can only get better - 19 years old! Amazing!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #214 on July 11, 2021, 11:42:20 pm by drfchound »
I hope the bas**rd tabloids don't jump on Saka's back. But it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

I don’t do Twitter but from what people have said about it on here I will expect plenty of racist abuse aimed at our three lads that missed.

It bet they're from people who wouldn't have disowned the trophy if those same black players had won it.

Undoubtedly

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #215 on July 11, 2021, 11:44:43 pm by eastender »
The too cautious thou shall not lose philosophy of Southgate has failed yet again. How can a manager with so much attacking talent and natural flair available pursue such boring negative safety first tactics when the cup is there to be won! Unbelievably poor management. But the tragedy is we have yet again failed to live up to our potential and Southgate will be milking the media and the public by claiming how well we did and how unfortunate we were when WE SHOULD HAVE WON IT!

Remind me again , what position did Southgate  play.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #216 on July 11, 2021, 11:48:59 pm by scawsby steve »

Why are you continually bringing politics into football threads?

Give us one example of a football journalist condemning a player because of the colour of their skin.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #217 on July 12, 2021, 12:01:24 am by Draytonian III »
I’ve just seen this statement on an Instagram post.
 “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place and then come down and shoot the survivors “

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #218 on July 12, 2021, 12:12:01 am by Herbert Anchovy »

Failed yet again? We reached the final, so how does that work?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #219 on July 12, 2021, 12:14:28 am by PDX_Rover »
Well… Proud of a relatively young England squad. They took us to a major final for the first time in my lifetime. It’s pointless questioning the penalty takers, who chose them etc. At that point you’re looking down the barrel of a gun and it takes some bottle to step up and take one, knowing what is at stake.

Of course, victory is great, but the manner of victory more important. On that point, I’m not devastated that England lost. It’s the manner of defeat that hurts. If we’d won on penalties, great, but there’s a hollowness in that.

Congratulations to Italy. They have been excellent since the opening game and are worthy champions of Europe. Some things I didn’t admire… the foul on Grealish, for me, a straight red. Chellini was cynical, or to be kinder, “used his experience.”

But they won the lottery, and to the victors, the spoils.

What has been eye opening is just how much the rest of Europe hates England. The ferocity of the vitriol surprised me. You’d think other countries never had hooliganism and their portion of neanderthal idiots masqueradingas football fans.

Holier than thou?

♥️

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #220 on July 12, 2021, 12:17:06 am by danumdon »
This match was lost well before the penalty's,

England have been schooled again by a team with a belief and the technique to carry it through, Italy did not panic and fret when they went 1 down, they weathered Englands early storm and quietly played themselves into the match, i think everyone knew that 1 goal ws never going to be enough, they had the players to change it around. The tragedy is that Southgate stuck to form and did not dare go for it, he had the players to do so and refused to change his tournament long beliefs, even when it was starring him in the face it was so obvious. The players where there to do it but the manager lacked the minerals to go for it .

Italy have been the team of the tournament and deserved the win, it always angers me to hear loudmouth commentators on here berate and try to slag Italy and the Italians off as some inferior form of life when they have just shown the footballing world their strength and bravery, something England and its management failed miserably to do.

Someone called me a moron the other day for calling them out over this, well Italians have answered you in the best way possible.

Forza Italia.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #221 on July 12, 2021, 12:24:19 am by Herbert Anchovy »

England have been schooled again by a team with a belief and the technique to carry it through, Italy did not panic and fret when they went 1 down, they weathered Englands early storm and quietly played themselves into the match, i think everyone knew that 1 goal ws never going to be enough, they had the players to change it around. The tragedy is that Southgate stuck to form and did not dare go for it, he had the players to do so and refused to change his tournament long beliefs, even when it was starring him in the face it was so obvious. The players where there to do it but the manager lacked the minerals to go for it .

Italy have been the team of the tournament and deserved the win, it always angers me to hear loudmouth commentators on here berate and try to slag Italy and the Italians off as some inferior form of life when they have just shown the footballing world their strength and bravery, something England and its management failed miserably to do.

Someone called me a moron the other day for calling them out over this, well Italians have answered you in the best way possible.

Forza Italia.

Italy are good at what they do. However they’re a a terrible team to watch; defensive, negative and masters at the dark arts of football. They’re very hard to beat and use their talent really well but any tournament victory for Italy is another nail in the beautiful game philosophy.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #222 on July 12, 2021, 12:25:52 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Certainly don't regard that as a failure. Once again, we can take it as a success providing we learn from it.

We lost on the Lottery of penalties which we can debate the takers and order of them but plan went wrong when Rashford missed the target.

Into the second half we just weren't brave enough or wise enough to stop Italy getting control of the game for long periods and putting them back on the back foot.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #223 on July 12, 2021, 12:26:50 am by PDX_Rover »

Forza Italia.

That’s b*llocks.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #224 on July 12, 2021, 12:33:14 am by danumdon »

Forza Italia.

Italy are good at what they do. However they’re a a terrible team to watch; defensive, negative and masters at the dark arts of football. They’re very hard to beat and use their talent really well but any tournament victory for Italy is another nail in the beautiful game philosophy.

Terrible team to watch? have i been watch something else? they were one of the best and most fluid teams in the tournament, The pace and power in their attack made England look like amateurs, They defend with a determination that any football fan would want, their technically superior midfield out maneuvered England. Negative? come on fella we've  have just watched Rovers this last season and seen some real negativity. If Rovers can defend anything like two old men this season i will be well pleased.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #225 on July 12, 2021, 12:35:19 am by danumdon »

Forza Italia.

That’s b*llocks.

Succinct and knowledgeable.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on July 12, 2021, 12:55:10 am by les@donr »
I said before the game it would be won in the midfield. England controlled the midfield in the 1st half. But for the rest of the game Italy were in control. They had the better chances to go 2-1 up. Penalties are a lottery, but I believe the best team won. Chiellini was lucky to stay on the pitch.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on July 12, 2021, 12:56:16 am by Chris Black come back »
Italy were the better side I think.

Wheat from the chaff, the regular football supporters who expect this sort of thing, will cope.

Devasting for the media.

This is absolutely on the money. Remember feeling the same after Charlton. Moment it went to penalties I knew we would lose to Charlton. But we had won in my eyes the moment we took it to end of extra time. That we were cheated at the end and missed penalties anyway, was neither here nor there. The come back was immense and we could be proud of that.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #228 on July 12, 2021, 01:12:18 am by BobG »
Well… Proud of a relatively young England squad. They took us to a major final for the first time in my lifetime. It’s pointless questioning the penalty takers, who chose them etc. At that point you’re looking down the barrel of a gun and it takes some bottle to step up and take one, knowing what is at stake.

Of course, victory is great, but the manner of victory more important. On that point, I’m not devastated that England lost. It’s the manner of defeat that hurts. If we’d won on penalties, great, but there’s a hollowness in that.

Congratulations to Italy. They have been excellent since the opening game and are worthy champions of Europe. Some things I didn’t admire… the foul on Grealish, for me, a straight red. Chellini was cynical, or to be kinder, “used his experience.”

What has been eye opening is just how much the rest of Europe hates England. The ferocity of the vitriol surprised me. You’d think other countries never had hooliganism and their portion of neanderthal idiots masqueradingas football fans.

Holier than thou?

♥️

re your last point Mark, I saw a map today entitled 'Supporter Map'. England had a flag with a red cross. Every other country across Europe, including Wales and Scotland and and Ireland was wearing the green, white and red flag. It was funny, sad and deserved all at the same time.

BobG

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #229 on July 12, 2021, 01:15:55 am by bpoolrover »

what a terrible post, we have just got to the final and yes not been brilliant but everyone should be proud of what the players and management have achieved and you bring politics into it lol hang your head and be ashamed

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #230 on July 12, 2021, 01:18:12 am by Bentley Bullet »

Holier than thou?

♥️

re your last point Mark, I saw a map today entitled 'Supporter Map'. England had a flag with a red cross. Every other country across Europe, including Wales and Scotland and and Ireland was wearing the green, white and red flag. It was funny, sad and deserved all at the same time.

BobG

I think that says more about the sorry state of your mind than anything else.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #231 on July 12, 2021, 01:22:01 am by BobG »
Why? I thought you liked jokes BB?

BobG

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #232 on July 12, 2021, 01:27:00 am by dickos1 »
Italy being better in the second half was inevitable, nothing to do with us sitting back.
They were obviously going to go for it

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #233 on July 12, 2021, 01:36:43 am by Bentley Bullet »

what a terrible post, we have just got to the final and yes not been brilliant but everyone should be proud of what the players and management have achieved and you bring politics into it lol hang your head and be ashamed
I too was shocked by the 'racist' response. I thought Harry Kane seemed somewhat absent after half-time, following a brilliant first half performance. I also thought Saka was ineffective to say the least after he came on, after being brilliant in the tournament previously . If my negative opinion of Kane's second-half performance is acceptable because he is white, but my negative opinion of Saka's performance tonight isn't acceptable because he is black, then I seriously wonder what the true meaning of racism is.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #234 on July 12, 2021, 01:38:00 am by PDX_Rover »

Forza Italia.

That’s b*llocks.

I try.

Italy have been great from day one. No question.

Italy did what they do. Win by whatever means necessary.

England showed them too much respect and were far too cautious IMHO.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #235 on July 12, 2021, 01:40:56 am by Bentley Bullet »
Why? I thought you liked jokes BB?

BobG

The joke was quite funny Bob, but your suggestion that it was deserved says more about the sorry state of your mind than anything else.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #236 on July 12, 2021, 01:48:19 am by Bentley Bullet »

Forza Italia.

That’s b*llocks.

I try.

Italy have been great from day one. No question.

Italy did what they do. Win by whatever means necessary.

England showed them too much respect and were far too cautious IMHO.

I agree entirely with this. The game reminded me of a typical playground fight where the quiet kid punches the bully and really hurts him - but then gets scared and lays on the floor curled up hedgehog like in fear of the obvious reprisal.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #237 on July 12, 2021, 01:56:49 am by les@donr »
England keep saying how long they have waited for another final. Italy have waited 53 years for an European Championship win. Long overdue.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #238 on July 12, 2021, 02:36:05 am by dickos1 »
And the one 53 years ago doesn’t really count as there were only 4 sides in the tournament.
Tonight was two even sides, very few chances for either side.
England were better for the first 30 mins or so, Italy better for the next 45 and then it petered out.
In extra time I thought England were the better side and to lose on a lottery like that is hard to take

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #239 on July 12, 2021, 07:02:16 am by sha66y »
If you are prepared to accept abject failure and be happy with not winning then you are seriously conditioned to loss acceptance!
We scored early from a great move, we attacked with a great determination for about 25-30 more mins…….and then we stopped!

We conceded ground happy to break up and nullify the Italians, and clinging onto that word “ hope” ….we hoped they would run out of steam, they didn’t….we hoped our attacks would frighten them, they didn’t, we hoped to be able to hang on for a well earned yet uninspiring victory, we didn’t…

The Manager had enough diamonds to make a necklace, yet offered up a pair of earrings, I don’t care about all the “ look at the Positives” …they truly pale into insignificance when you accept loss so easily….

We had the best opportunity to attack with some of the finest young talents going hell for leather…and I wouldn’t of minded if we’d lost, because we would have played to our strength…..instead we lost by being the second best team who didn’t defend good enough…….. the manager must shoulder all of the blame for not reacting to Mancini’s game changing tactics…

Forgettable, utterly forgettable!! 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012