Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 02:51:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Black Bank initiative  (Read 3357 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Black Bank initiative
« on July 29, 2021, 02:29:44 pm by graingrover »
I found this on Twitter .

526 days - time to come back in style!

Can someone elaborate please as to what they are organizing?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 02:32:09 pm by graingrover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Black Bank initiative
« Reply #1 on July 29, 2021, 02:32:57 pm by GazLaz »
I found this on Twitter .

526 days - time to come back in style!

Can someone elaborate please as to what they are organizing?

Is that just not the amount of time since we last played a home game?

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 29, 2021, 03:47:48 pm by Redandwhite »
All meeting at staff of life pre match. To get atmosphere going and support a local business .

Walking en mass to to stadium at 2pm . By the looks of it .

Looks a great idea  :scarf:

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 29, 2021, 04:07:08 pm by Colin C No.3 »
All meeting at staff of life pre match. To get atmosphere going and support a local business .

1. Masks?

2. Social distancing?

3. Or a group of tanked up singing & chanting d***heads, arms around one another? If so, perhaps not such a great idea?

They'll be a lot of anxious people attending this game some, like me, who have been shielding for a very long time. The last thing I want to encounter is No.3, unless it's Colin Clish of course.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 29, 2021, 05:02:31 pm by bpoolrover »

1. Masks?

2. Social distancing?

3. Or a group of tanked up singing & chanting d***heads, arms around one another? If so, perhaps not such a great idea?

They'll be a lot of anxious people attending this game some, like me, who have been shielding for a very long time. The last thing I want to encounter is No.3, unless it's Colin Clish of course.
while I understand your worry, I'm sure if you keep out of there way by going straight to the ground you will be fine

RoverBB

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 29, 2021, 05:27:13 pm by RoverBB »
Hi All

Just thought I’d hop on to tell you what our plans are.

526 days will be how long it has been since Rovers last played a league fixture in front of fans so we have decided to make a day of it.

First, we will be heading to the Staff of Life pub from Midday with our drum and some of the flags from the Keepmoat. The Staff of Life have always been the “spiritual” home of the Black Bank (and DRFC in general) and have plenty of Rovers memorabilia up on the walls. The Staff of Life’s parent company have funded a few of our initiatives in the past and we want to repay the favour after they really struggled during the Covid 19 pandemic.

If you wish to join us please do so. Masks and Social distancing will be optional as we can’t enforce it now the rules have changed.

We also have plans inside the ground that the club have signed off on. Information about this will be pushed out from our and the clubs social media channels in due course.

If anyone wishes to make any suggestions or has any concerns, please drop us a mention on here or a message on Twitter. We are always active.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 29, 2021, 05:58:14 pm by anton123 »
So every 1 needs to change there plans for you , you selfish t**t ?
And all lads who like an atmosphere are tanked up d**kheads ?
Here’s an idea don’t stand next to them u f**king tool

1. Masks?

2. Social distancing?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 29, 2021, 06:07:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Hi All

Just thought I’d hop on to tell you what our plans are.

526 days will be how long it has been since Rovers last played a league fixture in front of fans so we have decided to make a day of it.

First, we will be heading to the Staff of Life pub from Midday with our drum and some of the flags from the Keepmoat. The Staff of Life have always been the “spiritual” home of the Black Bank (and DRFC in general) and have plenty of Rovers memorabilia up on the walls. The Staff of Life’s parent company have funded a few of our initiatives in the past and we want to repay the favour after they really struggled during the Covid 19 pandemic.

If you wish to join us please do so. Masks and Social distancing will be optional as we can’t enforce it now the rules have changed.

We also have plans inside the ground that the club have signed off on. Information about this will be pushed out from our and the clubs social media channels in due course.

If anyone wishes to make any suggestions or has any concerns, please drop us a mention on here or a message on Twitter. We are always active.

Good luck with everything. Hope it all goes to plan. Anything you can do to add to the atmosphere is most welcome (obvs I don't mean Covid droplets!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 29, 2021, 08:10:38 pm by graingrover »
Thanks for the information. I am pleased to see this follow-up to the appeal for support you made last year and to which I was a modest contributor.
You will see some folk will initially doubt or fear your actions, but if you do manage to generate South stand enthusiastic vocal support you will have achieved something that Donny crowds only used to achieve at AWAY games. Good luck and stay with it!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 08:13:56 pm by graingrover »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 29, 2021, 08:20:27 pm by BobG »
Hear Hear! A noble cause and a valiant effort. Don't give up.

BobG

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 29, 2021, 08:20:36 pm by Scooter »
Sounds a great idea. I can’t make the staff of life March but I’m looking forward to being back in the black bank cheering the lads on

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 29, 2021, 11:28:28 pm by Redandwhite »

1. Masks?

2. Social distancing?

Only on a donny forum would you find a moaning get like this  :rolleyes:.

Can't you just recognise its a really good thing?
People support the club in different ways, and the black bank is about creating a great atmosphere .

As far as you attacking these fans as tanked up d**kheads, well your half way there already.

Well done black bank!
Hope it's a great turnout

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 30, 2021, 12:33:21 am by River Don »
Not sure the Staff is the spiritual home of the Rovers. The upstairs rooms at the Sal was their first changing rooms.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 30, 2021, 12:37:36 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
All the best. Less of the German bomber chants.

Cheers

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 30, 2021, 05:44:55 am by roverstillidie91 »

1. Masks?

2. Social distancing?

People support the club in different ways, and the black bank is about creating a great atmosphere .

As far as you attacking these fans as tanked up d**kheads, well your half way there already.

Well done black bank!
At the end of the day you should respect other fans feelings because like he said a lot of people are anxious about the previous goings on. Just makes you look like you lack class. And am sure I'm not the only one.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 30, 2021, 05:46:21 am by roverstillidie91 »
So every 1 needs to change there plans for you , you selfish t**t ?
And all lads who like an atmosphere are tanked up d**kheads ?
Here’s an idea don’t stand next to them u f**king tool

1. Masks?

2. Social distancing?

Mate have you read back and seen how you sound on your reply?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 30, 2021, 06:25:22 am by Padge_DRFC »
Fortunately this forum probably doesn't even represent 1% of our fans

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 30, 2021, 07:25:20 am by Redandwhite »

1. Masks?

2. Social distancing?

Well done black bank!
At the end of the day you should respect other fans feelings because like he said a lot of people are anxious about the previous goings on. Just makes you look like you lack class. And am sure I'm not the only one.
Sorry but the black bank doing this, will have zero impact on him personally .
He'll be nowhere near the staff of life,( thankfully as they don't need moaners )
And I assume he will be sitting in a designated safe distancing seat at the keepmoat .
This has been 18 months in the making, we've waited for this, but yet he just feels tge need to whinge

As far as respecting other peoples views, I think he should look at himself.
People support the club in different ways .

Again, we'll done to the organisers of the Black bank .
Can't wait for the 7th personally .

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 30, 2021, 09:05:18 am by Metalmicky »
I've never really understood the Black Bank thing but if it adds to the atmosphere then great. 

I'm a little confused about the 'initiative' bit, as meeting in the pub and walking to the game is generally what a lot of people do.  How do we know you are in the Black Bank gang - do you wear bandannas, hats, T-shirts or something? - genuine question BTW.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 30, 2021, 11:03:21 am by Redandwhite »
I've never really understood the Black Bank thing but if it adds to the atmosphere then great. 

I'm a little confused about the 'initiative' bit, as meeting in the pub and walking to the game is generally what a lot of people do.  How do we know you are in the Black Bank gang - do you wear bandannas, hats, T-shirts or something? - genuine question BTW.
It's a movement for all rovers fans is the way I understand it .
Why would they need a uniform ?  :laugh:

As far as meeting in a pub, it's about meeting like minded fans who want to support the club in the same way, and get the atmosphere going .

Only the op called it an initiative too.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 30, 2021, 11:08:27 am by Colin C No.3 »

1. Masks?

2. Social distancing?

Well done black bank!
You're right, we do all support our club in different ways but on the 7th August we will still be in the throes of a pandemic. The government have clearly decided on herd immunity from here on in, so no doubt Boris would be applauding 'your initiative', Indeed, there are even some posters on this thread applauding your actions & hoping a large group with a few beers under their belts can create an 'atmosphere' for them whilst they sit in safety in their seats many, many miles away watching the game on ifollow.

So when you're standing in front of the bathroom mirror on the morning of the 7th, gelling your hair & squeezing your zits before heading off without your mask to down a few in The Staff of Life (an appropriate name) then sing & chant in the faces of strangers, I sincerely hope your personal 'Freedom Day' doesn't see you or others there ending up in DRI in the near future, struggling for breath.

A leading scientist said recently, "Calling it 'Freedom Day' may give the impression to some that there is nothing for us to worry about anymore with all things covid. Perhaps calling it 'Responsibility Day' may have been more appropriate"

Enjoy the game.

RoverBB

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 30, 2021, 12:03:42 pm by RoverBB »
Not sure the Staff is the spiritual home of the Rovers. The upstairs rooms at the Sal was their first changing rooms.

Okay - “spiritual home of Rovers fans”

RoverBB

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 30, 2021, 12:07:51 pm by RoverBB »

We never marketed it as an initiative, it’s fans supporting a local business that has helped us in the past.

Black Bank was created with the sole purpose of making an atmosphere in what was otherwise a soulless bowl.

We’ve ran merchandise in the past and did okay when we ran scarfs when the concept of Black Bank was its infancy (6 years ago) - unfortunately (for us) it has never really taken off since. It’s a good revenue channel for us to put on displays etc without having to rely on crowdfunding.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 30, 2021, 12:13:15 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I hope all enjoy the day wether it’s with the Black Bank or those who are still wary and concerned. Let’s all respect one another’s opinions and get behind our team who we haven’t seen in a competitive game for over a season

RoverBB

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 30, 2021, 12:15:34 pm by RoverBB »

1. Masks?

2. Social distancing?

Well done black bank!
You're right, we do all support our club in different ways but on the 7th August we will still be in the throes of a pandemic. The government have clearly decided on herd immunity from here on in, so no doubt Boris would be applauding 'your initiative', Indeed, there are even some posters on this thread applauding your actions & hoping a large group with a few beers under their belts can create an 'atmosphere' for them whilst they sit in safety in their seats many, many miles away watching the game on ifollow.

So when you're standing in front of the bathroom mirror on the morning of the 7th, gelling your hair & squeezing your zits before heading off without your mask to down a few in The Staff of Life (an appropriate name) then sing & chant in the faces of strangers, I sincerely hope your personal 'Freedom Day' doesn't see you or others there ending up in DRI in the near future, struggling for breath.

A leading scientist said recently, "Calling it 'Freedom Day' may give the impression to some that there is nothing for us to worry about anymore with all things covid. Perhaps calling it 'Responsibility Day' may have been more appropriate"

Enjoy the game.

Enjoy the game pal.

I’m sure that those ‘Richard Craniums’ are not stupid enough to turn up symptomatic but our next communications will state that.

Pandemic or not, it’s time to get back to normality now that so many people are vaccinated in our eyes.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 30, 2021, 12:19:40 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think it's a great idea and I'd love it to grow. We all want a good time on matchday the more noise the better.

I'll enjoy watching from the east stand mind....

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 30, 2021, 12:35:26 pm by graingrover »
I am trying to find some reasons for all this nastiness expressed on here yet in the midst of the expressions of ire I read it is possible to still watch games on I follow this season! Is that so ? Has the EFL sanctioned this then? I know a few distant followers who would make a noise following from home and contribute a few hundred quid to the club .

RoverBB

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 30, 2021, 12:37:57 pm by RoverBB »
All the best. Less of the German bomber chants.

Cheers

Yeah, only one person who works behind the scenes with Black Bank attended that night and let’s just say he enjoyed the game a bit too much and didn’t remember any of it. We were disappointed to learn about this chant and the cringeworthy premier league chant after the game. Rest assured those who try to sing anything like that will be quietly hushed come August 7th

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 30, 2021, 01:03:51 pm by Metalmicky »

We never marketed it as an initiative, it’s fans supporting a local business that has helped us in the past.

Black Bank was created with the sole purpose of making an atmosphere in what was otherwise a soulless bowl.

We’ve ran merchandise in the past and did okay when we ran scarfs when the concept of Black Bank was its infancy (6 years ago) - unfortunately (for us) it has never really taken off since. It’s a good revenue channel for us to put on displays etc without having to rely on crowdfunding.

OK - that's great.  I honestly hope that you enjoy the game/camaraderie etc...  :scarf:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 30, 2021, 04:17:01 pm by scawsby steve »
I am trying to find some reasons for all this nastiness expressed on here yet in the midst of the expressions of ire I read it is possible to still watch games on I follow this season! Is that so ? Has the EFL sanctioned this then? I know a few distant followers who would make a noise following from home and contribute a few hundred quid to the club .

No, Graing, iFollow will not be available for Saturday afternoon 3 pm kick-offs, unless you're an exile living abroad.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012