Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 07:58:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No new signings  (Read 8974 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
No new signings
« on August 04, 2021, 10:28:48 pm by the vicar »
The trialists have all been told by RW that he can not offer them anything as he can’t get clubs for the players he wants out so the free press say

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
Re: No new signings
« Reply #1 on August 04, 2021, 10:30:37 pm by Redandwhite »
It's lunacy how tight the board are being.

All the tripe about ambition and identity was just lip service .

It's abundantly clear why managers don't stick around at rovers .

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 04, 2021, 10:36:55 pm by the vicar »
I would not be surprised if RW left over his hands being tied

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 04, 2021, 10:39:39 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

The Board are tight? Would this be the same Board that have pumped their own money into the club season after season or another one that you’re referring to?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 10:46:36 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 04, 2021, 10:43:45 pm by DRNaith »

The budget would have been discussed before he took the job. He'd look totally unprofessional if he walked now.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 04, 2021, 10:47:22 pm by Redandwhite »

The Board are tight? Would this be the same Board that have pumped their own money into the club season after season?
Drip fed rather than pumped in return for shares . Whilst pocketing the cup run, marquis and whiteman monies .

It's their perogative, but don't spout the tripe about ambition and identity .

Ritchie desperately needs players, and they simply are refusing to back him.
History is going to repeat itself, and we will be back to square 1 .

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 04, 2021, 10:48:21 pm by the vicar »
I don’t necessarily mean just now as there is now and January windows

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 04, 2021, 10:48:45 pm by Redandwhite »

The budget would have been discussed before he took the job. He'd look totally unprofessional if he walked now.
I wouldn't blame him, they are being unfeasibly tight at the minute, to the detriment of the club .

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 04, 2021, 10:51:31 pm by PaulRover08 »
He states in the radio sheffield interview that there is a recruitment meeting Thursday and he gets to find out if funds will be released for signings.  Also says loans after the keeper Will likely be next week.  Says be patient to get the right one

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 04, 2021, 10:55:37 pm by the vicar »
That has already taken place and if you go onto the Liam Hoden press release he is saying his goodbyes to the 3 he has at the moment

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 04, 2021, 10:56:24 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

The Board are tight? Would this be the same Board that have pumped their own money into the club season after season?
Drip fed rather than pumped in return for shares . Whilst pocketing the cup run, marquis and whiteman monies .

Just to be clear, can your evidence that the Board have ‘pocketed’ money from the cup run, Marquis and Whiteman or is this guess work on your part?

As far as I can see, the Board have been clear that this season is one of consolidation.

SM said on a previous post that the budget for this season is higher than both last season and the season before. How does this square with your assumption that the board are ‘simply refusing to back him’?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 04, 2021, 10:57:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

I wouldn't blame him, they are being unfeasibly tight at the minute, to the detriment of the club .

You're loving this aren't you! I'm sure you'll sleep well tonight along with Gibson and 69.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 04, 2021, 11:00:03 pm by PaulRover08 »
That meeting was.tuesday.  in the interview posted tonight by Andy giddings he says there is another one tomorrow.   That is also referenced in a Yorkshire.post interview tonight and in another of liam bodensee articles.  Says he gets to find out if funds have been released and/or if young players go out on loan to free more funds. 

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 04, 2021, 11:00:39 pm by the vicar »
No I’m not enjoying this at all I’m a rovers fan through and through have been since I was 11. I’m just wondering why we have had the same problem with the last 3 managers before RW and are still having the same problem now
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 11:03:53 pm by the vicar »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 04, 2021, 11:02:37 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Tight is turning the heating off in winter.  Putting over 25 million quid of funds in to a football club is not.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 04, 2021, 11:30:30 pm by PDX_Rover »
*sigh*

Moaners be moaning…

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 04, 2021, 11:32:33 pm by steve@dcfd »
That has already taken place and if you go onto the Liam Hoden press release he is saying his goodbyes to the 3 he has at the moment
Listen to Radio Sheffield interview talking after the game today there is another meeting in the morning he will then be talking to the trialists. Nothing on Liam’s piece that says he’s talking to them now.
Listen to the positive interview I don’t believe he will walk away.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 05, 2021, 01:39:54 am by bpoolrover »
I think I remember someone saying that there is emergency budget saved for January, if that's the case maybe it would be a good idea to bring that forward, yes it's a risk but with a decent couple of players now hopefully we won't need any in January

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 05, 2021, 02:10:34 am by since-1969 »

You're loving this aren't you! I'm sure you'll sleep well tonight along with Gibson and 69.
Maybe you’ll start to see what others have noticed before , McCann , Ferguson, Moore all wanted to do a job , but couldn’t without the boards backing . Wellens as drawn yet another short straw and this time it’s worse than his predecessors . They had a squad mostly tried and tested and productive that just need one or two elements to balance it up and make it competitive. This time it’s a complete rebuild and too many parts are either missing or unavailable for selection . Wellens problem is he knew before hand the task and the board can’t deviate from their task of paying bills and paying players . We are all in for a rough ride this year and avoiding the L2 trap door is the only real promotion we can hope for. 

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 05, 2021, 05:25:14 am by Michael Gibson »
 First game of the season and we can barely put a team out, this despite the club and it’s puppets claiming to have a bigger budget… absolute b*llocks…. Ritchie has gone on board saying he’s asked for more money and it’s clearly been knocked back.  If I’d have bought a season ticket I’d be fuming, and it goes to prove they don’t give a toss about success all there bothered about is claiming tax back.. so can anyone answer where the super league team is or the sustainable championship club is???? We haven’t even been close…. Time to go I’m afraid and get these jokers out

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 05, 2021, 06:41:30 am by coventryrover »
Jesus wept.......I am all for constructive criticism.    This board are not perfect but they are damn near perfect fit for us.      Time after time they keep us out of financial trouble.     We have come through torrid times  due to their backing and acumen.    Some people really need to stop the bs.....same type of bs gave us anti vaxxers, flat earth's etc.    Just without foundation

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 05, 2021, 06:46:44 am by selby »
  Gibbo, have you ever thought that not contributing buying a season ticket is part of the problem and why people like myself think what you spout is therefore a little negated and is classed as just sh*te from someone with an agenda with a massive boulder on your shoulders about the club,that you will criticise at every opportunity.
  A few years of talking sh*te gets tiresome,get down the road and supposedly support a well run club like Sheffield Wednesday then you would really have something to moan about.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 06:49:29 am by selby »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 05, 2021, 06:52:12 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
First game of the season and we can barely put a team out, this despite the club and it’s puppets claiming to have a bigger budget… absolute b*llocks…. Ritchie has gone on board saying he’s asked for more money and it’s clearly been knocked back.  If I’d have bought a season ticket I’d be fuming, and it goes to prove they don’t give a toss about success all there bothered about is claiming tax back.. so can anyone answer where the super league team is or the sustainable championship club is???? We haven’t even been close…. Time to go I’m afraid and get these jokers out

Can you tell me how the claiming tax back works please?  I'd like to save some money too.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 05, 2021, 06:56:14 am by vaya »

How much are these shares worth? - Not sure you've displayed your financial literacy and put a figure on this yet.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 05, 2021, 07:02:22 am by DonnyOsmond »

All your points have been answered before but you never respond to them. Shit boring WUM.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 05, 2021, 07:05:24 am by mpc123 »

I hear that Southerners think Northerners are stupid, I wonder why?

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 05, 2021, 07:05:33 am by Michael Gibson »
The shares are worth nothing, but that doesn’t deflect from lack of ambition, or fact.  This board openly stated funds were there to maintain a 5 year plan which the billet point was a sustainable championship club and sustainable super league rugby club.   So what’s gone wrong then??? Nothing to do with poor management and lack of ambition???? Thought not.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 05, 2021, 07:12:15 am by DonnyOsmond »
The shares are worth nothing, but that doesn’t deflect from lack of ambition, or fact.  This board openly stated funds were there to maintain a 5 year plan which the billet point was a sustainable championship club and sustainable super league rugby club.   So what’s gone wrong then??? Nothing to do with poor management and lack of ambition???? Thought not.

A pandemic happened, along with managers leaving.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 05, 2021, 07:33:38 am by selby »
  I think our financial plan is a lot better than Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County, Sunderland, Ipswich, Wigan and quite a few more football league clubs, many of who are still spending money they have not got potentially putting the survival of those clubs in peril.
  Been there done that when some on here criticizing the present board were a gleam in their fathers eye and don't want to go there again, some of our most pleasant seasons have been at a level and even two levels below what we play at now, although I prefer being at our present level and have ambitions for us to go higher still, playing at a lower level is far more pleasant than wondering if the club will survive I can assure you.
  At seventy five coming up and watching since 1951, apart from those first few years the club have had the best 15 to 20 years of that time, some of the years have been horrendous with the very existence financially saved by selling the loco name plate and best players at times and we have scraped through and survived, I don't want that again, better a team to watch than a Bury.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 09:02:55 am by selby »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 05, 2021, 07:46:51 am by Alan Southstand »
I think we’d all like a team to watch, Selby, but the major problem is, with 2 days to go, we’ve hardly got the very thing that you want……………..a team!

There are plenty of mitigating circumstances that have led us to this point, including players getting Covid and injuries, but we’ve hardly helped ourselves on the other hand.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012