Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 03:23:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Attendance today  (Read 7371 times)

The Beast

• Forum Member
Re: Attendance today
« Reply #30 on August 07, 2021, 03:33:29 pm by The Beast »
Looks about 5,500 to me, East stand nearly empty and maybe 350 away

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 07, 2021, 04:37:37 pm by ravenrover »
612 from Wombles

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 07, 2021, 05:47:57 pm by chrisfisher »
Not great, quite a lot down on our usual attendance.

Oh well, things still aren't normal.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 07, 2021, 05:56:19 pm by Padge_DRFC »
That must be a major concern for the board. Up and down the country crowds are up. Yet 5800 bothered to turn up today. Just feels like a club going backwards at the minute

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 07, 2021, 06:01:04 pm by Jimmydee »
There must have been a few missing that went to Doncaster pride today, there wasn’t much pride at the Keepmoat.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 07, 2021, 06:11:53 pm by chrisfisher »
That must be a major concern for the board. Up and down the country crowds are up. Yet 5800 bothered to turn up today. Just feels like a club going backwards at the minute

I agree. We are missing a trick somewhere. The club should be looking at how other similar sized clubs aare attracting supporters and try and emulate it.

We are a town of 330k for Gods sake.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 07, 2021, 06:16:33 pm by Campsall rover »

I agree. We are missing a trick somewhere. The club should be looking at how other similar sized clubs aare attracting supporters and try and emulate it.

DMBC 308.000 and the support this Borough gives its football club is a very poor.

See Rotherham got 9.400 so not a full house. If Plymouth brought 2.000 then 7.400 home fans compared to our 5.800 home fans so not quite as big a difference as some were predicting.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 07, 2021, 06:25:35 pm by chrisfisher »

DMBC 308.000 and the support this Borough gives its football club is a very poor.

See Rotherham got 9.400 so not a full house. If Plymouth brought 2.000 then 7.400 home fans compared to our 5.800 home fans so not quite as big a difference as some were predicting.

Plymouth took 1100

The people of Rotherham get behind the club more than Donny folk. There is a lot more interest, pubs run buses to home and away games etc. There isn't any of that here.

A few people I know have said they won't be going this season as they've lost interest and are not happy about the lack of ambition shows by the club. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with it, but it will be a reason why the support was down significantly today compared to when fans were last in the stadium.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 07, 2021, 06:41:12 pm by steve@dcfd »
But there is a difference it’s not that both clubs went through a pandemic, that both clubs will have had a HMRC bill to pay, that both clubs will have supporters who may be staying away because of Covid. Difference is Rotherham retained 22 squad players from the Championship and have paid transfer fees for players therefore their supporters will believe their side stand a real good chance of promotion again. While Doncaster supporters and communities have been told we are in a rebuilding phase, yet the manager can only bring in players when fringe and young players go out. Strange really the club went through a process and picked the best man using that, for the job. So every bad performance and results because we don’t have enough quality is not only down to the players and manager but down to the board. We won’t increase our support if we are still struggling to get players. Looks like we’ll have to wait till injured forwards are available to play.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 07, 2021, 06:44:24 pm by chrisfisher »
What is concerning is that 5800 is after 18 months of no football.

If we struggle for the season, that number will dwindle further, and thus has a knock on effect for adding to the squad, building further next season.

It's really disheartening.

But on the flip side, we could do well. I just don't see it when I look at the other squads in this divison.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 07, 2021, 06:45:18 pm by Chris Black come back »
Herbie Kane not in Barnsley squad today. Is he still injured or something? He hasn’t started a league game for Dingles since 30 January.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 07, 2021, 06:59:07 pm by Michael Gibson »
Helps when you’re owners are interested.  Tony Stuart who is worth nowhere near bramall puts his money where his mouth is and keeps them competitive, bramall, blunt and the puppet Baldwin don’t give a toss…. They need to go ASAP

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 07, 2021, 07:02:31 pm by tyke1962 »
Herbie Kane not in Barnsley squad today. Is he still injured or something? He hasn’t started a league game for Dingles since 30 January.

Injured Chris .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 07, 2021, 07:05:31 pm by Campsall rover »
Helps when you%u2019re owners are interested.  Tony Stuart who is worth nowhere near bramall puts his money where his mouth is and keeps them competitive, bramall, blunt and the puppet Baldwin don%u2019t give a toss%u2026. They need to go ASAP
Change the record. We know what you think ok. Your like a broken record. 

We are still all waiting for your takeover bid.
Are you still saving up?

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 07, 2021, 07:09:48 pm by Chris the Rover »
Ignore him. Dont respond. Then he may go away.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 07, 2021, 07:13:02 pm by godlike1 »
Rotherham have nearly sold their ground out. What is wrong with the people of Doncaster?

They've sold nearly 7000 season tickets at significantly higher prices than us.

Bigger club than us i'm afraid.

They have a chairman and board that have more of a clue than our lot of how to run a mid sized club in league 1. They create ambition, excitement and a buzz around the club. Ours create nothing.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 07, 2021, 07:15:32 pm by Campsall rover »
Ignore him. Dont respond. Then he may go away.
I have been saying that for ages. Just seems to draw me in. Think that is what he wants.
Attention seeking. Very very sad.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 07, 2021, 07:16:11 pm by ravenrover »
And here comes the cavalry, not many more to creep out to make a full set

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 07, 2021, 07:17:46 pm by chrisfisher »
Rotherham have nearly sold their ground out. What is wrong with the people of Doncaster?

They've sold nearly 7000 season tickets at significantly higher prices than us.

Bigger club than us i'm afraid.

They have a chairman and board that have more of a clue than our lot of how to run a mid sized club in league 1. They create ambition, excitement and a buzz around the club. Ours create nothing.

Without wanting to slate the current board, i'd have to agree with this.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 07, 2021, 07:38:32 pm by Copps is Magic »
Crowds were up, up and down the country?

Not from what I can see. Many crowds down and lower than would be expected.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 07, 2021, 07:45:10 pm by scawsby steve »
The one person I'll not listen to criticism of is Terry Bramall. He is our benefactor, and pumps his own money in, year after year, to keep us out of debt.

He then leaves the footballing side of things to David Blunt and Gavin Baldwin; and that's where my concern lies at the moment. Since Grant McCann left, the teams on the field have just got worse each season. I don't know which direction we're supposed to be going in, but at the moment the club looks like a ship with no rudder.

Of course it's early doors yet, and RW might strengthen the team further, and get some better luck with injuries, but the crowd attendance and the performance today looked more akin to a League 2 club.

I'll be at Hillsborough and the New York Stadium, but I'm expecting an absolute pasting in both games, which will really hurt against such bitter rivals.

If I'm wrong, I'll be happy to be called from a pig to a dog on here.

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 07, 2021, 07:47:22 pm by leedshayter »
Helps when you’re owners are interested.  Tony Stuart who is worth nowhere near bramall puts his money where his mouth is and keeps them competitive, bramall, blunt and the puppet Baldwin don’t give a toss…. They need to go ASAP
You fcuking prick !

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 07, 2021, 08:24:45 pm by roversdude »
You fcuking prick !

The same owner who was furloughing his players

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 07, 2021, 09:29:20 pm by CJK »
Don't forget we're currently midway through the summer holidays, there will be a fair few on their holidays, myself included.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 07, 2021, 09:30:28 pm by elmsallrover »
To me most of the problems at the club started when the Watson family left

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 07, 2021, 09:31:38 pm by mushRTID »
Don't forget we're currently midway through the summer holidays, there will be a fair few on their holidays, myself included.

This comment seems to get made at the start of every season, and the crowds don’t seem to rise much.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 07, 2021, 09:37:22 pm by chrisfisher »
A couple of low attendances in the Championship. 9k at Stoke and 10k at Blackburn.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 07, 2021, 09:40:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Performances on the pitch do the advertising. We haven't had much stability recently so it's inevitable there's going to be scepticism out there.

If I recall rightly, there's in excess of 20,000 with a purchasing history over the years, all of which know when the football season starts, know where the Keepmoat is and are intelligent enough to know how to buy tickets if they wish to do so.

It's rebuilding on and off the pitch in so many ways.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 07, 2021, 09:45:59 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Wonder how many under 25s know a season ticket is £99 this season with our incredible marketing team.....

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 07, 2021, 09:55:56 pm by Michael Gibson »
So we’ve got 15 thousand missing fans apparently of the database… go ask them why there not coming anymore??? There’s your answer!!! Facts are facts are attendances are poor, the clubs does nothing to promote anything it’s an absolute joke of a club at the moment, I’m donny through and through but people need to realise bramall and co arnt bothered one bit, otherwise he’d make it a success.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012