Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 06:17:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: That was shite  (Read 5792 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: That was shite
« Reply #30 on August 07, 2021, 05:56:38 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Can safely say Barlow and Gardener are possibly the worst signings I’ve seen at that level, the football was abysmal but even worse was the run of the mill stuff, Got told my DNA card would be ready to pick up today, goes in only to be told they haven’t printed the next batch, then the bar is closed …why??? Then told its shut for the next two home games then the idiots in the ice bar served 4 people in my queue at half time!!!! Then the clown who eventually served me gave me 3 pints of bitter instead of bud…. w**k:

Perhaps they recognised who you are from this forum..? :silly:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 07, 2021, 05:58:03 pm by sha66y »
Wellens was up and down from the camera podium
Disappointing but we weren’t helped by shocking refereeing

That’s a plus then…..he wanted to be up higher to see what movement was happening  all over the pitch……that to me is a sign that he knows our weaknesses, but wants to work out how best to make things work…..

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 07, 2021, 05:59:55 pm by roversdude »
I think we may end up being in bother for serving young kids 3 pints of bitter

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 07, 2021, 06:01:42 pm by PaulRover08 »
I’m looking forward to Wellens view of the game, considering he only saw about 60% of it!

He must have had the shits!

Wasn’t he watching it from the balcony where the cameras are?

Maybe, in which case I take it back.

From the south stand though he seemed to disappearing then reappearing from the tunnel.

Yes he was sat behind me on the balcony watching the monitor.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 07, 2021, 06:02:29 pm by Retdon1 »
Bostock looked a class above when he came on. We have absolutely nothing going forward. Got to get a couple of decent loan forwards in this week

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 07, 2021, 06:05:37 pm by StocksArmy »
Really tough watch that was. It was clear we have a patched up team. My worry is we can be as patient as we want but if the funds to bring in the players required arent there then where do we go? Becasue that squad of 18 today would be in a dog fight 100%. Other than the keeper I dont see a positive we can take from it. It was like watching a whole new group of players and management team copy last seasons performances.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 07, 2021, 06:09:25 pm by roversdude »
Really tough watch that was. It was clear we have a patched up team. My worry is we can be as patient as we want but if the funds to bring in the players required arent there then where do we go? Becasue that squad of 18 today would be in a dog fight 100%. Other than the keeper I dont see a positive we can take from it. It was like watching a whole new group of players and management team copy last seasons performances.

Amazing how people see things differently - I thought Knoyle and Seaman looked really good Matty Smith did well as did Tiago. Bit worried about Tom Anderson seems to have lost a load of weight and not as imposing

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 07, 2021, 06:09:50 pm by dickos1 »
Keeper has had a mare on that second goal. Barlow ran around like a headless chicken. The new CB looks good. Good job really as Anderson has gone backwards since February.

Not sure about the goal,
Have to see it again, he looked like it went under the wall

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 07, 2021, 06:11:45 pm by Campsall rover »
You lads are doing my bit about the performance, the clubs a shambles all over every department. You pay good money you want the service just like anything else, I know rovers don’t run the bars etc but the contract needs reviewing on today’s performance they looked absolutely clueless and the gas had gone on one pump and nobody knew what to do…
Strange you have appeared on here after we lose. Club is a shambles is it. You really are a sad individual.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 07, 2021, 06:15:43 pm by sha66y »

Unless you’ve been living in a shoebox under a bed in an abandoned barn ….that’s pretty much what we have at the moment….a whole new group of players and manager ……….

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 07, 2021, 06:20:16 pm by monkeytennis »
Not many positives to take away really, BUT they’re still developing as a unit so we have to wait a few games I think to see how that crystallises. Problem there is we might be a few games in with zero points before we find out feet.

Anyway, I do wonder about some people. Why bother paying to go to a game when you spend the entire 90 minutes pissing and moaning about the team and ref? Honestly the people behind me sounded like they didn’t enjoy a second of the game. I don’t know how you can call yourself a supporter (assuming they do) and then behave like that. Weird.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 07, 2021, 06:21:48 pm by StocksArmy »

Unless you’ve been living in a shoebox under a bed in an abandoned barn ….that’s pretty much what we have at the moment….a whole new group of players and manager ……….

Is it not clear to you that i am stating the obvious and airing my concerns on the fact that we are pinning hopes on this group improving as we have no money to bring better players in?

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 07, 2021, 06:26:59 pm by jmt23 »
Tom was poor today, he needs to be better than that. Richie gave him a bollocking just before half time - and Tom lost his rag with Richie.

Seaman is an exciting player, that will really blossom as the year goes on, we may struggle to keep him if he carries on - he was totally shot at the end though.

I though both Bostock and Bogle looked ok, Bostock's passing range is something else  - his speed and fitness are my main worries. I am not sure he has speed given what we witnessed last year.

Matt Smith is a great player, but struggled to impose himself on this game - again his passing range is on another level.

I thought Cameron John was really good when he came on too - he's unlucky not to be a starter, his form suggests he is back to the level when we had him on loan.

It was a hard watch, but not as bad as the tail end of last year - I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. :rtid:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 07, 2021, 06:27:31 pm by Campsall rover »
We are a bottom third side based on that showing.

I'd take staying up on goal difference now.

It's going to be a long hard season.
For crying out loud it was 1 game.  We are work in progress.

The disappointing thing is we threw the game away after taking the lead. Two very poor goals conceded, didn’t clear the ball and then a stupid hand ball for the free kick.
Wimbledon were no better than us on the day and in fact i thought some of their deliberate fouling when we were trying to break was not pulled up by the ref who as per usual at this level was useless. Yellow cards all day long.

Wimbledon will struggle this season so the fact we threw away 3 points makes it even more galling.

Onwards and upwards.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 07, 2021, 06:27:45 pm by the vicar »
Keeper has had a mare on that second goal. Barlow ran around like a headless chicken. The new CB looks good. Good job really as Anderson has gone backwards since February.

Not sure about the goal,
Have to see it again, he looked like it went under the wall
the free kick went between one of our lads legs school boy error

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 07, 2021, 06:28:31 pm by mjg »
R.T.I.D

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 07, 2021, 06:30:01 pm by roversdude »
Not convinced it was handball ref was abysmal

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 07, 2021, 06:38:06 pm by tyke1962 »
Big spending Ipswich Town needed a last gasp equaliser to rescue a point against mighty Morecambe .

Funny old game innit .

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 07, 2021, 06:40:33 pm by Michael Gibson »
Only Campsall can come on here with positive vibes, fair dos mate think what you want with your rovers onesie one, but if you seriously think that team is decent you need help!!!…. Nothing up front at all, the Watford lad looks decent but nobody peeling of him, it was poor start to finish. Get real .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 07, 2021, 06:59:23 pm by Campsall rover »
Only Campsall can come on here with positive vibes, fair dos mate think what you want with your rovers onesie one, but if you seriously think that team is decent you need help!!!%u2026. Nothing up front at all, the Watford lad looks decent but nobody peeling of him, it was poor start to finish. Get real .
On which post did I say I was happy with the performance. Which post was that. Read what I said OK.

Of course it was not great. Were you expecting it to be. We have a new team. It will take time to gel.
You are the one who needs to get real.

Are you not capable of saying something positive. You deliberately focus on negatives most of which are in your head.

Try positivity it works wonders. It gets results. It puts smiles on faces and is infectious.

You just continue to live in your sad little world if that is what makes you happy.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 07:02:35 pm by Campsall rover »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 07, 2021, 07:28:34 pm by the vicar »
Tom was poor today, he needs to be better than that. Richie gave him a bollocking just before half time - and Tom lost his rag with Richie.

Seaman is an exciting player, that will really blossom as the year goes on, we may struggle to keep him if he carries on - he was totally shot at the end though.

I though both Bostock and Bogle looked ok, Bostock's passing range is something else  - his speed and fitness are my main worries. I am not sure he has speed given what we witnessed last year.

Matt Smith is a great player, but struggled to impose himself on this game - again his passing range is on another level.

I thought Cameron John was really good when he came on too - he's unlucky not to be a starter, his form suggests he is back to the level when we had him on loan.

It was a hard watch, but not as bad as the tail end of last year - I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. :rtid:

have you landed from the planet zod, Bogle was ok when he came on my left foot, he lost the ball and couldn’t de bothered going for a ball and looked very lazy, and I thought Smith was one of the brightest lights on our team today apart from Seaman
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 07:33:03 pm by the vicar »

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 07, 2021, 07:35:36 pm by Michael Gibson »
Campsall your the one in a different world, you don’t see the bigger picture and will not admit there’s issues and that’s your opinion, believe me you’re going to look an even bigger idiot by the end of season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 07, 2021, 07:41:22 pm by drfchound »
Wimbledon were the best side for fifteen minutes and we continually gave the ball away due to their high pressing.
It took us 21 minutes to have a shot which Seaman dragged wide.
Our movement up front was poor, Cuker didn’t offer much and we never really looked comfortable with the ball.
The goal gave us a bit of a lift for a few minutes but once AFCW levelled it up I thought the game would peter out into a dull draw.
I’ve not seen any highlights yet but it looked from the south stand that our player handled to prevent a Wimbledon player getting through on goal.
I will see later on no doubt.
The defensive wall looked set up too far to one side and invited the player to put the ball in the opposite corner, which he obviously did.
Overall i was very dissatisfied with our performance, we didn’t even have a five minute spell of dominance to get excited about.
I know it is early days but I do feel we have a long hard season ahead looking over our shoulders at the drop zone.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 07, 2021, 07:46:11 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Campsall I’m with you pal.
It’s Rovers & it’s a roller coaster all the time.
The best team won & RW called it correctly in his summary.
MG May I ask what section of the ground you sit in please & what others thought of it around you?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 07, 2021, 07:49:39 pm by bpoolrover »
I've been negative today but it's not all doom and gloom, with a couple of really good loan players with a bit of pace we will look a far better team and when the injured players come back we will probably be one of the better teams

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 07, 2021, 07:51:39 pm by steve@dcfd »
Big spending Ipswich Town needed a last gasp equaliser to rescue a point against mighty Morecambe .

Funny old game innit .
But Morcambe brought in more players than we did have more players over the age of 21 in their squad paid  a transfer fee for a striker who was in league 1 last year. So let’s not belittle Morcambe

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 07, 2021, 07:52:15 pm by roversdude »
There was a guy in the West stand who was ranting after about 2 minutes

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 07, 2021, 07:56:23 pm by Pside »
Not convinced it was handball ref was abysmal

It’s was, probably should of been a peno

Chris Black come back