Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 02:35:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New season ticket cards  (Read 4088 times)

covdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: New season ticket cards
« Reply #30 on August 08, 2021, 11:42:37 am by covdrfc »
Surely it will work in the same way that other online ticket purchases work e.g. museums, cinema and flights  - they’ll send you an e-ticket which can simply be scanned at the turnstiles straight from your phone. This therefore saves the admin costs of printing and distributing tickets as well as meaning that the buyer doesn’t have to queue to collect tickets on match days. Sounds like a win-win to me

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 08, 2021, 12:25:55 pm by Janso »
Only at rovers could you issue electronic tickets but still employ someone to scan them , pointless!

Shambolic running of the club

Someone had better tell Salford City then, otherwise they've got random people scanning tickets on their turnstiles they don't know about.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 08, 2021, 12:47:42 pm by eastender »
I nearly lost mine on it's first outing, i had it in the same pocket has my phone.
I used my phone , then as i went to put it back in my pocket the ST was hanging half way out. two slippery surfaces together are a recipe for a disaster.
My be the club could give/sell cheap holders for them.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 08, 2021, 12:56:37 pm by glosterred »
Fans have been wanting these cards for a few seasons now, and now they’ve got them their still not satisfied. DRFC can’t win can they.

COYR

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 08, 2021, 01:02:37 pm by Filo »
Fans have been wanting these cards for a few seasons now, and now they’ve got them their still not satisfied. DRFC can’t win can they.

COYR

Asking questions and having discussions is not a sign of not being satisfied

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 08, 2021, 01:08:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
This is a step along the way. Infrastructure costs money. All in good time.

There are other plans afoot too which will see the club less dependant on 3rd party providers including our own TV channel which opens up so many more possibilities.

Although that won't satisfy the I want it now brigade, even though they still moan when they get it.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 08, 2021, 01:30:07 pm by the vicar »
On the tv thing the club have said they are looking into it but it’s if there is a great outlay and weather it’s worth it on what they make from I follow as they make a lot of money from them

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 08, 2021, 01:33:58 pm by Donnywolf »
I nearly lost mine on it's first outing, i had it in the same pocket has my phone.
I used my phone , then as i went to put it back in my pocket the ST was hanging half way out. two slippery surfaces together are a recipe for a disaster.

Ive put mine in my Phone case so could be treble trouble for me namely lose phone ST and DNA Card plus a few other membership cards

That apart Im all for it - no more cayying Paper Book tearing voucher out. Tearing wrong voucher out as last game postponed then storng it away hoping not to lose it. Storing it in same place in house but 1 game in 10 searching frantically for it 5 minutes before lift arrived

Teething troubles probably and if we get Barcode readers even better

Best thing I got it for £10 in The Belles 10 Prizes for a Tenner so on bad days like yesterday I can say "oh well at least I watced for nowt" [43p a game to be pedantic I had better put - oh and a  :chair: as well  :lol: ]

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 08, 2021, 01:34:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
On the tv thing the club have said they are looking into it but it’s if there is a great outlay and weather it’s worth it on what they make from I follow as they make a lot of money from them

It will happen, I'm sure. Its a big commitment but one they're willing to take but it's got to be planned and prepared.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 08, 2021, 02:23:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Put it in your wallet?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 08, 2021, 03:03:54 pm by glosterred »

COYR

Asking questions and having discussions is not a sign of not being satisfied

Then why did you start the thread with

“Turnstile operator's with hand held barcode readers, can’t see what benefits they bring”

If your not happy with the handheld barcode readers. I take that as a sign of dissatisfaction. Hence some fans still not being satisfied.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 08, 2021, 03:32:02 pm by karldew »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 08, 2021, 04:53:26 pm by scawsby steve »
There are some on here who would back the club and agree it was a good idea if everyone was issued with a stick of rhubarb to get in. :chair:

As long as there's custard with it, I'd be happy.

CoppsChop

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 08, 2021, 05:28:25 pm by CoppsChop »
Only at rovers could you issue electronic tickets but still employ someone to scan them , pointless!

This is standard at clubs where they have electronic tickets.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 08, 2021, 05:29:55 pm by EasyforDennis »

I don't think so.

This is standard at clubs where they have electronic tickets.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 08, 2021, 05:36:25 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Well the tickets weren't scanning in the west,  season ticket or on the day ticket. However there is a knack to using hand held scanners which may or may not have been the issue ( I promise I know )

I'm in the West and mine scanned no problem along with the 10 people I followed

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 08, 2021, 07:31:04 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Well the tickets weren't scanning in the west,  season ticket or on the day ticket. However there is a knack to using hand held scanners which may or may not have been the issue ( I promise I know )

My matchday ticket didn't nor did my lads season ticket  the turnstyle operator said they weren't scanning properly  maybe just that one scanner

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 08, 2021, 07:33:41 pm by Chris Black come back »
Is this a more depressing chain than the “there were only six chips in my portion” petition c.2014?

The club is not responsible for the card falling out of a wallet.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 08, 2021, 07:59:55 pm by eastender »

Put it in your wallet?

Nearly 60 and never had a wallet , always carry money loose in my pockets, and only take my Credit cards out when absolutely necessary.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 08, 2021, 08:03:10 pm by roversdude »
Hence my question previously about if it would be possible to scan a photo of the card

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 08, 2021, 09:06:12 pm by GazLaz »

Put it in your wallet?

Nearly 60 and never had a wallet , always carry money loose in my pockets, and only take my Credit cards out when absolutely necessary.

You’ve had a lot of years to practice not losing stuff then.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 08, 2021, 09:12:47 pm by DearneValleyRover »

My matchday ticket didn't nor did my lads season ticket  the turnstyle operator said they weren't scanning properly  maybe just that one scanner

Faulty machinery who’d have thought

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 08, 2021, 09:36:03 pm by Pancho Regan »

How do you take care of your bank cards?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 09, 2021, 07:12:25 am by RobTheRover »
I'd imagine if anyone lost the card it would be really easy for the club to cancel the old card (and in doing so ensure the barcode on it didn't work) and issue a new one.

Plus an all electronic back office system gives the club faster gate numbers, understanding of who is in the ground, fans who had a ticket and didn't come, etc, etc

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 09, 2021, 07:22:01 am by mushRTID »
Somebody never having a wallet has blown my mind.

I would not survive!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 09, 2021, 07:42:40 am by GazLaz »
Being able to transfer the cards/ tickets onto a mobile phone is a must this day in age.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 09, 2021, 07:51:45 am by Draytonian III »
My mate hasn’t got a phone that does new fangled things like that , he’s got an old Nokia that has got snake on it not that he’s trying to be trendy he’s just a tight bugger

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 09, 2021, 08:05:01 am by GazLaz »
My mate hasn’t got a phone that does new fangled things like that , he’s got an old Nokia that has got snake on it not that he’s trying to be trendy he’s just a tight bugger

Haha we can keep the card as an option for him as well!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 09, 2021, 10:08:06 am by Donnywolf »
I have a Smart phone [insert own jokes here ........]

Am I able to copy Barcode to phone and that can be scanned at Turnstile as someone suggested above  or did you mean in near future ST's will be downloaded to phone ?

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 09, 2021, 10:48:17 am by Redandwhite »
The lady on the turnstyle didn't even scan mine, she just waved me in .

Wonder how many did that and if it counted the attendance correctly?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012