Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 06:27:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Last 26 games  (Read 7540 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Last 26 games
« Reply #30 on August 17, 2021, 10:13:55 pm by dickos1 »
It’s entirely unfair to write off the young striker lad especially after being thrown in here without a single senior appearance to his name…however you do wonder what happens in the Watford Academy if they see this lad as a world beater. He looks game but well, a bit slow and limited. Like a younger Bogle.

It’s entirely unfair but I’ll do it anyway

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 17, 2021, 10:14:41 pm by dickos1 »
Bristol rovers away,
Peterborough at home
Straight away a million miles worse performance than this!
Our defence and midfield is good for this division but the forward line isn’t, because they’re all injured, let’s wait until we’ve got a full squad before we start nonsense like this

Are your eyes painted on? The midfield is okay, our defence is shocking.

In your opinion!
In mine, this back 4 is as good as anything in this division, but if you’re making your mind up after 3 games then you’re mental

It's not very often I'm speechless but...What? How?

So you too are judging them after 3 games!
Crazy

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 17, 2021, 10:15:29 pm by Filo »
Barlow, Cuker and Garner are terrible. Worse than terrible in fact.

The thing is, he took ages to decide whether to offer Barlow a contract, so he obviously wasn't sure about him. It's looking as bad a decision as Moore giving Bogle one.

Barlow’s whole body language projects an impression he isn’t enjoying things at all

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 17, 2021, 10:19:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bristol rovers away,
Peterborough at home
Straight away a million miles worse performance than this!
Our defence and midfield is good for this division but the forward line isn’t, because they’re all injured, let’s wait until we’ve got a full squad before we start nonsense like this

Are your eyes painted on? The midfield is okay, our defence is shocking.

In your opinion!
In mine, this back 4 is as good as anything in this division, but if you’re making your mind up after 3 games then you’re mental

It's not very often I'm speechless but...What? How?

So you too are judging them after 3 games!
Crazy

Err. What are YOU judging them on?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 17, 2021, 10:20:12 pm by Campsall rover »
Stats are the last thing we need shoving down our throats at the mo BST.

Don't give a f*ck about last season. Move on.

No sensible fan expected a rebuild of the nature we needed to be delivering results from the off especially with the key front players out at the mo, plus others affected by covid.

As RW said, there will be some pain along the way so be prepared. It's a long season in which anything can happen and probably will.
Crikey DBR I am pleased we have got supporters like you who can see the big picture.
Proper fan with a proper perspective.

The knee jerk reactions after every defeat by some on here are embarrassing. Does no one listen to RW
Pain before gain.
WE WILL NOT GET INSTANT SUCCESS THIS SEASON.

Is that seriously too difficult for people to understand.  Yes obviously it is.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 17, 2021, 10:21:07 pm by chrisfisher »

No sensible fan expected a rebuild of the nature we needed to be delivering results from the off especially with the key front players out at the mo, plus others affected by covid.

As RW said, there will be some pain along the way so be prepared. It's a long season in which anything can happen and probably will.
Crikey DBR I am pleased we have got supporters like you who can see the big picture.

The knee jerk reactions after every defeat by some on here are embarrassing. Does no one listen to RW
Pain before gain.

It isn't knee jerk though is it? It's been this way since January.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 17, 2021, 10:23:09 pm by dickos1 »
Writing them off after 3 games is ridiculous,
Some of the posts tonight are an embarrassment, we’re 3 games into a season with a brand new side.
Ipswich have spent an absolute fortune and they’ve got one point more than us.
We’ve a new team and half of them are injured yet we’ve people on here going on and on about how we will be lucky to finish 20th.
It’s nonsensical absolutely mental

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 17, 2021, 10:24:00 pm by mpc123 »
I must admit Bogle and Bostock are the most frustrating players ever for me.

Bostock pretends to be good and Bogle I have no idea.

Wellens is no doubt aware, given his comments about Bogle but our first choice front three injured.

Smith back and there is Bostock back on the bench.

5 players we have to come back from injury / covid that can make a real difference so I'm excited about that and not worried when that happens, along with a couple more to come in.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 17, 2021, 10:24:33 pm by dickos1 »

Pain before gain.

It’s a completely different team and a new manager, so yes it is knee jerk.
Nothing to do with wellens what happened before, he’s building a brand new team and half of them are injured,
Last season has nothing to do with wellens

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 17, 2021, 10:25:45 pm by Donny Exile in York »

Pain before gain.

Its cos we are that far behind and short and RW knows it.. and he has been saying if we don't get a striker and a winger in of good quality the pain will continue.. thats what he has been saying.. open and honest and to the point.. but we are struggling to even contribute to loan signing wages which is very worrying.. hopefully we will get the forwards of quality in we badly need or as Wellems says the pain will continue... cos we haven't replaced previous quality in the squad..  is that so difficult to understand. Clearly yes it is.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 10:28:07 pm by Donny Exile in York »

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 17, 2021, 10:26:05 pm by chrisfisher »

Pain before gain.

Nothing to do with wellens what happened before, he’s building a brand new team and half of them are injured,

As already pointed out, it's incredibly naive to think last seasons disaster will have no bearing on this season. All the same problems are evident already.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 17, 2021, 10:28:08 pm by drfchound »
Some of the posts tonight are an embarrassment, we’re 3 games into a season with a brand new side.
We’ve a new team and half of them are injured yet we’ve people on here going on and on about how we will be lucky to finish 20th.

Too many quitters……… amongst the fans.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on August 17, 2021, 10:30:49 pm by dickos1 »

Pain before gain.

As already pointed out, it's incredibly naive to think last seasons disaster will have no bearing on this season. All the same problems are evident already.

Completely different point,

My point is last season has nothing to do with wellens so why keep bringing it up as a means of slagging off wellens.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 17, 2021, 10:31:46 pm by chrisfisher »

Pain before gain.

My point is last season has nothing to do with wellens so why keep bringing it up as a means of slagging off wellens.

I haven't slagged off Wellens.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 17, 2021, 10:32:52 pm by wesisback »
You have without a hint of irony suggested that our defence is as good as any in this division despite us already having the worst goal difference in the League, have no clean sheets and have shown precisely nothing to suggest that your claim has any truth in it whatsoever. Let's not be pointing out other people's embarrassing posts.

hstripes

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 17, 2021, 10:33:09 pm by hstripes »
These stats are absolutely shocking of course. They'd be very worrying if it wasn't for the fact that virtually the entire team has been changed over the close season. In terms of assessing our prospects for this season they're pretty much irrelevant. What's much more worrying is the quality of the performance this evening

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 17, 2021, 10:33:59 pm by scawsby steve »
Anyone who can't see that the club has regressed on the field of play since Grant McCann was manager must be deluded.

If things don't change rapidly, we'll be lucky to get above 4000 at the Keepmoat.

Then we'll really be in the sh*t.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 17, 2021, 10:34:28 pm by colincramb »

Pain before gain.

The problem though is that we have had 2 performances almost identical to the ones we finished off last season with - people are very concerned that, despite the notion we have 3 attackers coming back at some point, these players aren’t going to make a significant impact on results. Plus, as BST points out, we’ve won 4 our last 26 games. 4 for f**ks sake.

Whilst I’m wise enough to know it will need time to get a more accurate picture of the capabilities of this squad, based on the early signs it doesn’t look good, does it?

And as a season ticket holder that has put my hard earned into the club i feel I’m fully entitled to express my worry and concern about what might unfold this season.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 17, 2021, 10:35:52 pm by chrisfisher »
Anyone who can't see that the club has regressed on the field of play since Grant McCann was manager must be deluded.

If things don't change rapidly, we'll be lucky to get above 4000 at the Keepmoat.

Then we'll really be in the sh*t.

There won't be many more than that in the home end on Saturday. But hey, as long as things aren't as bad as the chairman burning down the stadium, we don't have a right to be concerned

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 17, 2021, 10:36:15 pm by dickos1 »

Pain before gain.

You’ve slagged off the goalie he’s signed
You’ve said the defence he’s built is a disgrace
You’ve said Barlow who he signed is shocking

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 17, 2021, 10:37:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Our budget is a top half one, a bigger one than Wimbledon or Accrington. That isn't the problem.

We've got a new manager who will need time and we have a fairly decent management recruitment process. He hopefully isn't the issue.

The team, we've got some pretty decent players in the team but then we have others who are yet to really impress such as R. Williams, Bogle, Barlow, Cukur and Gardner. The fact with our front 3 currently is that they weren't brought in to play together every game, they were brought in as back up options where hopefully only one would fill in here and there but we've been in a state where they've all been featuring game in, game out and unfortunately they don't have the quality to make that impact. I do think overall our recruitment has been fairly poor over the last 3-4 years. We were pretty much signing players last year based on their religious beliefs! We desperately need more up front, hopefully Wellens gets it soon but we also know it'll take time for this team to gel.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 17, 2021, 10:38:02 pm by Lesonthewest »
Well I will comment on what I saw before my very eyes, & tonight we were garbage, one step forward at Wednesday, 2 steps back tonight.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 17, 2021, 10:38:38 pm by chrisfisher »

Pain before gain.

I pointed out the keeper has made three errors in three games.
I said the defence is bad and isn't the best in the division as you claim.
And Barlow's perfomances have been poor

Still waiting for your evidence of us having the best defence in the league........

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 17, 2021, 10:38:50 pm by dickos1 »
You have without a hint of irony suggested that our defence is as good as any in this division despite us already having the worst goal difference in the League, have no clean sheets and have shown precisely nothing to suggest that your claim has any truth in it whatsoever. Let's not be pointing out other people's embarrassing posts.

Another one writing them off after 3 games.
Only scoring 1 goal in 3 games might have something to do with the goal difference don’t you think?
Let’s come back and discuss how good our defence is in 20 games

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 17, 2021, 10:41:08 pm by dickos1 »

Pain before gain.

Still waiting for your evidence of us having the best defence in the league........

No,
You said the defence is shocking
Barlow is shocking
Tonight’s performance was spineless
And then say you haven’t slagged off wellens

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 17, 2021, 10:41:53 pm by chrisfisher »

Pain before gain.

No,
You said the defence is shocking
Barlow is shocking
Tonight’s performance was spineless
And then say you haven’t slagged off wellens

Jesus wept man, open your eyes. That performance tonight was spineless, gutless, whatever you want to call it.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 17, 2021, 10:53:22 pm by steve@dcfd »
Scasby Steve all MCCann did was to sign two good loanees to add to the side that DF put together. He then brought another good loanee in January to replace the injured Wright. Since then  the club have allowed all the best players to leave because of their ambition and our lack of giving them good wages. This season Richie is trying to put another side together but we still have the poor permanent players that DM signed. We all hope his best permanent signings will perform once they are recovered from injury.
Tonight the goal keeper made a bad error yes which caused a goal. Galbraith and Close were the best two midfield players in our side the defence was ok. The young lad up front needs a lot of time against big phys centre  half’s. Apart from one header Bogle did nothing. We need players in.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 11:07:13 pm by steve@dcfd »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 17, 2021, 10:59:13 pm by Chris Black come back »
Barlow, Cuker and Gardner are terrible. Worse than terrible in fact. 

Well, whether people rate them or slate them, all three (and Bogle) are currently leaving the club at the end of this season, so people can enjoy while it lasts!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 17, 2021, 10:59:19 pm by the vicar »
Why do we keep pumping the high ball from defence and then in to the box when they have got giraffes in there back line.  And not take shots at goal when the wind is at our backs

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 17, 2021, 11:01:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Scasby Steve all MCCann did was to sign two good loanees to add to the side that DM put together. He then brought another good loanee in January to replace the injured Wright. Since then  the club have allowed all the best players to leave because of their ambition and our lack of giving them good wages. This season Richie is trying to put another side together but we still have the poor permanent players that DM signed. We all hope his best permanent signings will perform once they are recovered from injury.
Tonight the goal keeper made a bad error yes which caused a goal. Galbraith and Close were the best two midfield players in our side the defence was ok. The young lad up front needs a lot of time against big phys centre  half’s. Apart from one header Bogle did nothing. We need players in.

To be fair Marquis and Whiteman both wanted to go, we can't force them to stay so the right decision would be to sell them but we do potentially undervalue our players and we definitely don't see much reinvestment into the playing squad from the money they're sold for.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012