Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 07:46:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Last 26 games  (Read 7483 times)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
Re: Last 26 games
« Reply #90 on August 18, 2021, 01:27:49 pm by EasyforDennis »
I’m sorry, but exactly who is talking rubbish?

RW has not had the backing to complete his rebuild and it’s well known that it may take 2 or 3 transfer windows.

What? Wellens hasn't had the backing...it's pure rubbish, that. Just nonsense. Look at the players we've brought in thos summer, Wellens' top priorities from the mouth of the man himself.

It's not been a good start, obviously, and there's issues to sort. But to claim that the manager has not been able to get his players in for this "rebuild" is just wrong, because we've signed a dozen players and have more to come. The entire team is pretty much players Wellens has signed and wanted.

But people will believe what they like, because they just want to further their narrative that it's the nasty evil board's fault. Pure fiction.

I'm not convinced that RW has signed the players he wanted. How many of those players would have been a first choice and which players were signed as a last resort because we was short and thats all we could afford? Silk purses and cows ears spring to mind.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on August 18, 2021, 01:46:54 pm by idler »
You can't Silk purses from sows ears.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on August 18, 2021, 01:57:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
Without getting into the realms of fantasy here. Richie signings of Knoyle,Williams,Rowe, Close, loanee Smith, loanee Cukur and Hiwula whose injured at the moment, he’s the only player I would say out of the first bunch I wasn’t sure was the first choice, were made pretty early in the transfer window and I would expect them to improve as they play more games together. He always said he wanted a tall physical defensive midfield player and his own goal keeper these two were beyond the finances of the budget. We have brought in a young goal keeper and-young centre midfield player on loan both look to be good players and again will improve. So we come to Gardner and Barlow both were Trialists and signed not high wages. They were going to be impact players. We always need at least one more forward on loan which may turn into two, because of the injuries to Taylor and Okenbirhie which may take longer than first thought. So these are his players yes but behind them apart from Anderson theirs nothing at the moment and I put Bostock in that category. I only hope he improves his fitness because like last season 60 mins and he’s gone. Until we get the injured three back or a decent forward loanee then we will struggle. I do not want 18/19 loanee forward we need some one who’s had league experience whether we can afford that only the budget gods will know.

Richie is also the first manager for along time that has had to sign all these players permanent and loans in one transfer window just to have a side.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 02:05:37 pm by steve@dcfd »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on August 18, 2021, 02:00:30 pm by Alan Southstand »
Alias, you should add “in my opinion” at the end of your last post.

In mine, we have totally underestimated the budget. End of.

Look at the players we have sold or let go, not to mention all the loans we had. The present team is nowhere near the side that lost to Charlton in that play-off final, not that long ago. Fact not fiction.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on August 18, 2021, 02:08:54 pm by steve@dcfd »
As Alan says about the playoff team MCCann signed two loanees in the summer and one in January plus Sadlier permanent the rest were established players. I bet their wages and budget was bigger then than  it is now just in my opinion.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on August 18, 2021, 02:12:06 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Alias, you should add “in my opinion” at the end of your last post.

In mine, we have totally underestimated the budget. End of.

Look at the players we have sold or let go, not to mention all the loans we had. The present team is nowhere near the side that lost to Charlton in that play-off final, not that long ago. Fact not fiction.

That is a fact. But isn't it also a fact that WE don't know what the new players are earning? All we've heard is the budget is greater than last season. Richie may have chosen to give a decent wage to those he's brought in or Bostock/Bogle may have been signed on a hefty wage in January. The thing is we won't find out, but none of these points mean the board hasn't backed the manager, and Richie as a manager probably has a bigger budget then he's ever had.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on August 18, 2021, 02:53:34 pm by sha66y »
We have played 3 games…that’s all!

..I can’t wait to see how you lot are squealing after ten games and still very few points and sat rock bottom……..gonna be some right bleating !

Me, I’m a realist about this season, it’s rebuild and hope……. but a relegation won’t do us much harm, I like 4th tier football

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on August 18, 2021, 02:56:55 pm by Lesonthewest »
Quote from: colincramb link=topic=281915.msg1079364#msg1079364

date=1629236068
A voice of reason, agree entirely.
Stats are the last thing we need shoving down our throats at the mo BST.

Don't give a f*ck about last season. Move on.

No sensible fan expected a rebuild of the nature we needed to be delivering results from the off especially with the key front players out at the mo, plus others affected by covid.

As RW said, there will be some pain along the way so be prepared. It's a long season in which anything can happen and probably will.
Crikey DBR I am pleased we have got supporters like you who can see the big picture.
Proper fan with a proper perspective.

The knee jerk reactions after every defeat by some on here are embarrassing. Does no one listen to RW
Pain before gain.
WE WILL NOT GET INSTANT SUCCESS THIS SEASON.

Is that seriously too difficult for people to understand.  Yes obviously it is.

It isn't knee jerk though is it? It's been this way since January.

It’s a completely different team and a new manager, so yes it is knee jerk.
Nothing to do with wellens what happened before, he’s building a brand new team and half of them are injured,
Last season has nothing to do with wellens

The problem though is that we have had 2 performances almost identical to the ones we finished off last season with - people are very concerned that, despite the notion we have 3 attackers coming back at some point, these players aren’t going to make a significant impact on results. Plus, as BST points out, we’ve won 4 our last 26 games. 4 for f**ks sake.

Whilst I’m wise enough to know it will need time to get a more accurate picture of the capabilities of this squad, based on the early signs it doesn’t look good, does it?

And as a season ticket holder that has put my hard earned into the club i feel I’m fully entitled to express my worry and concern about what might unfold this season.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on August 18, 2021, 03:02:31 pm by EasyforDennis »
You can't Silk purses from sows ears.

Predictive text  :blush:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on August 18, 2021, 03:13:50 pm by dickos1 »
They were his first choice signings.
Unless being a liar is the next thing to have a go at wellens about

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on August 18, 2021, 03:18:01 pm by danumdon »

..I can’t wait to see how you lot are squealing after ten games and still very few points and sat rock bottom……..gonna be some right bleating !

Me, I’m a realist about this season, it’s rebuild and hope……. but a relegation won’t do us much harm, I like 4th tier football

I don't think 4th tier football is in anyone's interests at this time, we would lose what decent players we have, the budget would shrink along with the crowds, in our case it could well lead to another spell out in no mans land of the none leagues.

I know sometimes you need to take a step back to go two forward but in our case it could well be suicide.

We need to develop and kick on from here, that means additions to our depleted squad, sooner rather than later.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on August 18, 2021, 03:23:16 pm by elmsallrover »
I’m sorry, but exactly who is talking rubbish?

RW has not had the backing to complete his rebuild and it’s well known that it may take 2 or 3 transfer windows.

What? Wellens hasn't had the backing...it's pure rubbish, that. Just nonsense. Look at the players we've brought in thos summer, Wellens' top priorities from the mouth of the man himself.

It's not been a good start, obviously, and there's issues to sort. But to claim that the manager has not been able to get his players in for this "rebuild" is just wrong, because we've signed a dozen players and have more to come. The entire team is pretty much players Wellens has signed and wanted.

But people will believe what they like, because they just want to further their narrative that it's the nasty evil board's fault. Pure fiction.

I'm not convinced that RW has signed the players he wanted. How many of those players would have been a first choice and which players were signed as a last resort because we was short and thats all we could afford? Silk purses and cows ears spring to mind.
think your totally right wellens said that Barlow was playing for peanuts and he just wants to play football

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on August 18, 2021, 03:34:46 pm by sha66y »

I don't think 4th tier football is in anyone's interests at this time, we would lose what decent players we have, the budget would shrink along with the crowds, in our case it could well lead to another spell out in no mans land of the none leagues.

I know sometimes you need to take a step back to go two forward but in our case it could well be suicide.

We need to develop and kick on from here, that means additions to our depleted squad, sooner rather than later.

Everything you say is irrelevant if we do get relegated, ….all I’m saying is that I’m ready for it….

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on August 18, 2021, 03:34:52 pm by EasyforDennis »

He told you that did he?

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on August 18, 2021, 04:25:29 pm by Batleyred »

He told you that did he?

It was well reported they we’re his first choice.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on August 18, 2021, 04:33:33 pm by RoversAlias »

He told you that did he?

He told all of us in his many press interviews this summer.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on August 18, 2021, 04:54:33 pm by danumdon »

Everything you say is irrelevant if we do get relegated, ….all I’m saying is that I’m ready for it….

In your oponion, interesting to hear your reasons as to why its all irrelevent.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on August 18, 2021, 05:26:06 pm by Lesonthewest »
Stats are the last thing we need shoving down our throats at the mo BST.

Don't give a f*ck about last season. Move on.

No sensible fan expected a rebuild of the nature we needed to be delivering results from the off especially with the key front players out at the mo, plus others affected by covid.

As RW said, there will be some pain along the way so be prepared. It's a long season in which anything can happen and probably will.
Crikey DBR I am pleased we have got supporters like you who can see the big picture.
Proper fan with a proper perspective.

The knee jerk reactions after every defeat by some on here are embarrassing. Does no one listen to RW
Pain before gain.
WE WILL NOT GET INSTANT SUCCESS THIS SEASON.

Is that seriously too difficult for people to understand.  Yes obviously it is.

It isn't knee jerk though is it? It's been this way since January.

It’s a completely different team and a new manager, so yes it is knee jerk.
Nothing to do with wellens what happened before, he’s building a brand new team and half of them are injured,
Last season has nothing to do with wellens

The problem though is that we have had 2 performances almost identical to the ones we finished off last season with - people are very concerned that, despite the notion we have 3 attackers coming back at some point, these players aren’t going to make a significant impact on results. Plus, as BST points out, we’ve won 4 our last 26 games. 4 for f**ks sake.

Whilst I’m wise enough to know it will need time to get a more accurate picture of the capabilities of this squad, based on the early signs it doesn’t look good, does it?

And as a season ticket holder that has put my hard earned into the club i feel I’m fully entitled to express my worry and concern about what might unfold this season.

Same here, I will comment on the here & now, while fully realising it's work in progress for the foreseeable. In my opinion last night we were awful & the second half concerned me as we looked shambolic at the end, you pays your money, you voice your opinions, even though the positive police are lurking around the corner.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on August 18, 2021, 05:34:22 pm by Campsall rover »
He signed Ben Close almost immediately. So he was definitely on his first choice list.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on August 18, 2021, 07:40:30 pm by EasyforDennis »
He signed Ben Close almost immediately. So he was definitely on his first choice list.

I didn't say ALL his signings.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on August 18, 2021, 08:02:19 pm by BobG »
No. But you definitely implied it.

Cheers

BobG

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on August 18, 2021, 08:06:06 pm by EasyforDennis »
Well you are definitely wrong.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on August 18, 2021, 08:06:13 pm by dickos1 »
Knoyle, Williams, close, smith, Rowe,  we’re all his first choice signings.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on August 18, 2021, 08:10:44 pm by EasyforDennis »
Barlow, Gardener?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on August 18, 2021, 08:57:34 pm by dickos1 »
Had them on trial didn’t he, so obviously interested in signing them, and they obviously impressed.
Not every signing is a player who’s going to be your best player it’s about building a squad, neither of these would be starting every week if we didn’t have injuries

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on August 18, 2021, 10:22:47 pm by EasyforDennis »
Had them on trial didn’t he, so obviously interested in signing them, and they obviously impressed.
Not every signing is a player who’s going to be your best player it’s about building a squad, neither of these would be starting every week if we didn’t have injuries

He had lots of players on trial. If you remember RW said something along the lines. You are not coming here with a view to me signing you. You have to show me why I should sign you. I am sure there were players he would like to have signed but they went elsewhere because we couldn't affer them anything.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on August 19, 2021, 02:07:15 am by Campsall rover »
Well you are definitely wrong.
You know that for a fact do you?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on August 19, 2021, 07:25:16 am by dickos1 »

He had lots of players on trial. If you remember RW said something along the lines. You are not coming here with a view to me signing you. You have to show me why I should sign you. I am sure there were players he would like to have signed but they went elsewhere because we couldn't affer them anything.

Are you daft?
So they obviously did show him that they worth signing!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on August 19, 2021, 07:55:08 am by sha66y »

In your oponion, interesting to hear your reasons as to why its all irrelevent.

Because if we did get relegated there is absolutely nothing we can do about crowd sizes, finances accumulated and players desire to leave!
These are your points ……..and if we did get relegated they become irrelevant to us the fans as we would have to accept what will be…

But I am ready for this “ worst case scenario”  so am currently frustrated yet unfazed by our results….

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on August 19, 2021, 08:35:39 am by EasyforDennis »

Are you daft?
So they obviously did show him that they worth signing!

No you numpty. They were the scraps left at the end. A bit like when you was a kid and players were being picked in turns for the two teams. The last 2 to be picked were the ones nobody wanted but you had to have 11 players.
There used to be a quote from a holiday company. "If you leave it to the last resort. You get the last resort."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 08:41:07 am by EasyforDennis »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012