Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 12:17:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Joe Dodoo  (Read 9625 times)

murham

• Forum Member
Re: Joe Dodoo
« Reply #90 on September 06, 2021, 06:50:16 pm by murham »
Thought the dodoo was extinct?

Come on he only has to score a goal and he’s better than what we have so far
Pace,fit and experienced, he will be fine

:rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on September 06, 2021, 06:53:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
... at least it wont take long time to compose a chant .... Agga do do doo

Dodoo do the funky gibbon!

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on September 06, 2021, 07:12:46 pm by Metalmicky »

racist...!   :ohmy:

hstripes

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on September 06, 2021, 07:23:29 pm by hstripes »
We shouldn't expect a world beater on a free transfer but he's got experience at this level and has an OK scoring record.

We weren't just lacking somebody who can score but a presence up front to carry a threat and create space for others to score.

No reason given his background why he can't be a success. Plus my Mum, who first alerted me to the signing, says "he sounded like a really nice chap on the radio" which can't be a bad thing.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on September 06, 2021, 07:36:07 pm by Jonathan »
When you read the comments from Wigan fans at the end of last season on Twitter they were all desperate for him to stay. Sounds like he made a big impression with his work rate and attitude. That’s a great starting point for us.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 07:45:07 pm by Jonathan »

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on September 06, 2021, 07:39:41 pm by Metalmicky »
If he puts a shift in and runs his heart out, he will get nothing but support from the fans at Donny..... or at least most.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on September 06, 2021, 08:13:02 pm by drfchound »

I’m sure GW didn’t intend that post to be racist but it is easy to see how it can be construed to be so.
If I remember correctly, the dance that the Goodies did to that song was not what you would want a group of football supporters doing to a black player.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on September 06, 2021, 08:37:57 pm by silent majority »
Spoke to Gav earlier today who watched him train, says he was excellent. Not sure how fit he was but he's a bit of a bruiser and gets into the right places. That's a good start.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on September 06, 2021, 08:44:04 pm by drfchound »
Spoke to Gav earlier today who watched him train, says he was excellent. Not sure how fit he was but he's a bit of a bruiser and gets into the right places. That's a good start.

That sounds like the type of player we have been lacking.
A front man not only has to score but has to hold the ball up and bring others into play.
I’m looking forward to seeing him play.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on September 06, 2021, 09:03:43 pm by BVB »
Handing two years out to a panic signing when there was no money in the pot a week ago doesn’t scream of joins up thinking with a happy ending does it.

Gazlaz I’m baffled why you keep saying “there was no money in the pot”. There was money to sign Griggs and then a booster once Rotherham stuck their noses in. Happy to have it explained (rationally) why that’s not “money in the pot”.

Also let’s see how Dodoo pans out in relation to your “panic buying / no joined up thinking or happy ending” assessment - for the benefit of the team, club and supporters I’m sure you’ll wish to be proved wrong on that?
Cheers
BVB

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on September 06, 2021, 09:27:19 pm by Pancho Regan »
When you read the comments from Wigan fans at the end of last season on Twitter they were all desperate for him to stay. Sounds like he made a big impression with his work rate and attitude. That’s a great starting point for us.

That’s good to know Jonathan, always a good sign when a majority of fans have a positive view about a player.
Sounds like an upgrade on what we’ve currently got anyway!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on September 06, 2021, 09:38:48 pm by Campsall rover »
Just got back from Scarborough after seeing Yorks thrash Somerset in 2 days to the brilliant news of this new Rovers signing.

Fingers crossed he can produce the business for us. Sure Steve Beaglehole will have spoken to RW about him from Dodoo Leicester days.

Some good news now let us get behind him with 100% support and not expect too much immediately. It may take him a few games to integrate into the team system.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 09:44:10 pm by Campsall rover »

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on September 06, 2021, 09:56:10 pm by rich1471 »
All we need now is a goal from somewhere

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on September 06, 2021, 10:50:43 pm by normal rules »
Sounds impressive

''Joseph Dodoo is a Ghanaian professional footballer who plays as a forward for Doncaster Rovers, in his interview he said having the chance to play along side Omar Bogle was a no brainer and he's looking forward to being part of the deadliest striking force in the world. Wikipedia''

Does he know Bogle won’t be playing?  Unless RW has been shopping for a very large pie of the humble variety.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on September 06, 2021, 11:25:22 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Sounds impressive

''Joseph Dodoo is a Ghanaian professional footballer who plays as a forward for Doncaster Rovers, in his interview he said having the chance to play along side Omar Bogle was a no brainer and he's looking forward to being part of the deadliest striking force in the world. Wikipedia''

Does he know Bogle won’t be playing?  Unless RW has been shopping for a very large pie of the humble variety.

It's not real bro

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on September 06, 2021, 11:58:50 pm by Drover »
Have we had any Ghanaians at Rovers before?

Omar's eligible for Ghana.
I meant on the playing staff  :whistle:  ;)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on September 07, 2021, 12:48:50 am by Colemans Left Hook »
Have we had any Ghanaians at Rovers before?

Omar's eligible for Ghana.
I meant on the playing staff  :whistle:  ;)

me knows from experience Ghanians are not very tall

just found a bit of evidence to back up what i already knew ... so at 6 ' in the CLH world he is very tall !! ( five inches taller than the average Ghanian. )

A male height of 6 feet ( 183cm) and taller is considered tall in Ghanaian men and a height of 5'5 and taller is considered tall in Ghanaian women. Moreover, the average Ghanaian men height is 5'7 (172cm) whereas the average Ghanaian women height is 5'2.

not a lot of people know that  :coat:

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on September 07, 2021, 06:43:45 am by River Don »

Dodoo do the funky Ghanaian
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 06:47:13 am by River Don »

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on September 07, 2021, 08:12:48 am by Metalmicky »

I’m sure GW didn’t intend that post to be racist but it is easy to see how it can be construed to be so.
If I remember correctly, the dance that the Goodies did to that song was not what you would want a group of football supporters doing to a black player.

It was in jest........ FFS

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on September 07, 2021, 08:40:42 am by drfchound »

It was in jest........ FFS

FFS back at ya.
I know it was in jest, I saw the emoji.
However, my point still stands that it wouldn’t be a good song for him.
There are some serious people on here who only see what they want to see.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on September 07, 2021, 09:26:08 am by Colin C No.3 »
That retort explains how you’ve managed to rack up 22,000+ posts, totally inane again.

It’s like listening to a bunch of kids in the playground “You started it”, “No I didn’t you did”, “Didn’t”, “Did”,….

Give it a rest ffs.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 09:59:51 am by Colin C No.3 »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on September 07, 2021, 11:17:54 am by drfchound »
CC3, are you speaking as a moderator or someone who threatened to block Blackpool, Since1969  and Padge because you didn’t agree with them.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on September 07, 2021, 11:26:45 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Given our desperate situation with injuries I welcome any addition to the squad right now! Good luck to the kid! Let’s give him a chance to show what he can do!

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on September 07, 2021, 11:31:00 am by Dutch Uncle »
CC3, are you speaking as a moderator or someone who threatened to block Blackpool, Since1969  and Padge because you didn’t agree with them.

Very unusual for me to post on things like this, but Hound, MM, CC3 - you are three posters I really respect, and true supporters. Please could we all shake hands on a misunderstanding which actually I also fell into. Pretty please.

We are all on the same side  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on September 07, 2021, 11:35:57 am by drfchound »

Very unusual for me to post on things like this, but Hound, MM, CC3 - you are three posters I really respect, and true supporters. Please could we all shake hands on a misunderstanding which actually I also fell into. Pretty please.

That’s good for me Dutch.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on September 07, 2021, 11:40:13 am by Metalmicky »

Yep - I was pulling a leg - will make it more obvious next time - klaxon or something...  :thumbsup:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on September 07, 2021, 11:42:35 am by drfchound »

Yep - I was pulling a leg - will make it more obvious next time - klaxon or something...  :thumbsup:

MM, it happens to me on a regular basis so I get your drift there.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on September 07, 2021, 01:50:13 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I don't know how it would sound around a football ground  :whistle: but this song fits perfectly.....

Doo, Joe Dodoo, Joe Dodoo, Joe dodoo da doo........etc

https://youtu.be/sEXHeTcxQy4

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on September 07, 2021, 02:12:17 pm by keyser_soze »
Do DoDoo, come on and do the Conga...

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on September 07, 2021, 02:27:20 pm by Barmby Rover »
If that is the case he real;ly has transformed from a winger to a striker. Good luck to the lad.

That sounds like the type of player we have been lacking.
A front man not only has to score but has to hold the ball up and bring others into play.
I’m looking forward to seeing him play.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012