Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 01:16:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dealing with anti-vaxxers should we follow Biden's lead?  (Read 3200 times)

hstripes

• Forum Member
Dealing with anti-vaxxers should we follow Biden's lead?
« on September 10, 2021, 09:30:59 pm by hstripes »
Thought this warranted a separate thread from the broad (excellent) thread on Covid in general.

Over in the US Joe Biden has announced a new law to encourage unvaccinated workers to get jabbed. Employees must prove they are vaccinated OR get tested every week. Failure to do so can lead to dismissal.

Not a fan of diminishing workers rights per se but think this proposal is excellent. Frankly in these extreme circumstances people deserve to have their rights diminished where their own actions endanger others.

I know the US has a bigger problem (esp certain states) in getting people vaccinated than here but I would be in favour of such a law in the UK.

Not just to encourage increased vaccination rates but morally why should we simply allow people to put their work colleagues and their families at risk? Clinically vulnerable and relatives of the vulnerable need to work like anyone else it is simply wrong that their health should be put at risk by the selfishness of workmates.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Re: Dealing with anti-vaxxers should we follow Biden's lead?
« Reply #1 on September 11, 2021, 07:26:09 am by sha66y »
The words “ Dealing with “

should send out enough fear !

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 11, 2021, 09:11:56 am by wilts rover »
I think the focus atm should be in getting covid rates down across the world - and getting vaccine doses out to those who want it wherever they are.

It will be interesting to see what happens over here when the new law on vaccine passports for large events/nightclubs kicks-in and how the people react.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 11, 2021, 09:14:17 am by Ldr »
And just like that, the population supports facist policies

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 11, 2021, 09:24:57 am by wilts rover »
As I say above it's not sometthing I particuarly agree with or think is necessary for this country but which fascist policy are you refering to Ldr?

The ones limiting political protest, restrictions on the ability to vote or placing political appointees to run the media and media regulator? I don't know of one fascist regime that introduced laws on vaccination - but all of them had laws on the above? Happy tto be enlightend tho?

You can't serve in the UK military unless you have compulsory vaccinations btw? Are they fascist?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 11, 2021, 09:56:01 am by SydneyRover »
For what it's worth, the health of the majority should come before the individual but every effort must be made to ensure that the individual is fully educated on the necessity to get vaccinated and to have every opportunity to get vaccinated. So they are given good notice of a deadline, we've had 18 months and the education should have started last year. Paid time off or medical staff to visit work, paid recovery time if required and maybe bonuses of some type as incentives.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 11, 2021, 10:18:29 am by Ldr »
As I say above it's not sometthing I particuarly agree with or think is necessary for this country but which fascist policy are you refering to Ldr?

The ones limiting political protest, restrictions on the ability to vote or placing political appointees to run the media and media regulator? I don't know of one fascist regime that introduced laws on vaccination - but all of them had laws on the above? Happy tto be enlightend tho?

You can't serve in the UK military unless you have compulsory vaccinations btw? Are they fascist?

All of the above Wilts, we have been sleep walking into this

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 11, 2021, 10:36:04 am by SydneyRover »
Thought this warranted a separate thread from the broad (excellent) thread on Covid in general.

Over in the US Joe Biden has announced a new law to encourage unvaccinated workers to get jabbed. Employees must prove they are vaccinated OR get tested every week. Failure to do so can lead to dismissal.

Not a fan of diminishing workers rights per se but think this proposal is excellent. Frankly in these extreme circumstances people deserve to have their rights diminished where their own actions endanger others.

I know the US has a bigger problem (esp certain states) in getting people vaccinated than here but I would be in favour of such a law in the UK.

Not just to encourage increased vaccination rates but morally why should we simply allow people to put their work colleagues and their families at risk? Clinically vulnerable and relatives of the vulnerable need to work like anyone else it is simply wrong that their health should be put at risk by the selfishness of workmates.
#
hs, anti-vaxxing has been around for yonks (who knew) and education on the benefits should be part of school, work and any opportunity possible, I don't remember any talk of vaccine resistance among school friends when getting a jab in the 60s, in fact it was almost a badge of honour.

''History of Anti-vaccination Movements''

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/history-anti-vaccination-movements

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 11, 2021, 10:42:37 am by sha66y »
Maybe those refusing a vaccination or anti-vaxxers as they no doubt will be labelled should smash up and burn down every establishment that they are refused entry to on these grounds!!

Or is that a little over the top?? …….I can amend it if it’s a little too offensive !

Tongue well and truly glued to inner cheek!……………….or is it?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 11, 2021, 11:10:37 am by wilts rover »

Thanks Ldr. I hope you will excuse me from your allegations of sleep walking into it - as I have been pointing out the fascist moves of this Vote Leave government since Johnson beacme PM and normalised lying 2 years ago.

hstripes

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 11, 2021, 11:24:36 am by hstripes »
The policy in the US I'm advocating does not make vaccination mandatory though it does encourage it. I don't see what is 'fascist' about insisting people have a simple test for a very dangerous and transmissible disease before mixing with others at the work place where those people have freely chosen not to protect themselves. Is Joe Biden a fascist then? Really??

Wilts - I probably would agree with an awful lot of your criticisms of the current Government esp around dealing with the pandemic plus the latest NI tax rise for instance. But to tie support for leaving the EU to fascism is just errant nonsense. Just because you fervently disagree with a policy (as is your right) does not make that policy 'fascist'. The reason people voted to leave the EU was to restore democratic rights - the very opposite of what a true fascist would advocate.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 11, 2021, 11:34:12 am by sha66y »
The policy in the US I'm advocating does not make vaccination mandatory though it does encourage it. I don't see what is 'fascist' about insisting people have a simple test for a very dangerous and transmissible disease before mixing with others at the work place where those people have freely chosen not to protect themselves. Is Joe Biden a fascist then? Really??

Wilts - I probably would agree with an awful lot of your criticisms of the current Government esp around dealing with the pandemic plus the latest NI tax rise for instance. But to tie support for leaving the EU to fascism is just errant nonsense. Just because you fervently disagree with a policy (as is your right) does not make that policy 'fascist'. The reason people voted to leave the EU was to restore democratic rights - the very opposite of what a true fascist would advocate.

“To restore democratic rights”……mmmmmmm

Looks like someone should remind this Government what that might mean!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 11, 2021, 12:03:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Stamping out polio and smallpox was so fascistic. :silly:

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 11, 2021, 12:08:31 pm by sha66y »
Stamping out polio and smallpox was so fascistic. :silly:

I don’t think the conservatives became billionaires after Pollo and Smallpox……..but I dare say there’s a think tank looking at how best to introduce Spanish flu! ……lol

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 11, 2021, 12:42:53 pm by Ldr »

Thanks Ldr. I hope you will excuse me from your allegations of sleep walking into it - as I have been pointing out the fascist moves of this Vote Leave government since Johnson beacme PM and normalised lying 2 years ago.

I would yes

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 11, 2021, 01:02:16 pm by sha66y »
That thread banner should read:
“ DEALING WITH ANTI VAXXERS, SHOULD WE FOLLOW DYSONS LEAD”

sorry……I’m on strong meds at the mo!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 11, 2021, 01:28:56 pm by DonnyOsmond »

What's the alternative to trying to weed a virus out of the population, do nothing and let it run through everyone in the name of liberty. That is sleepwalking.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 11, 2021, 01:31:10 pm by Ldr »
Bless, you still think all this is about a virus

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 11, 2021, 01:32:04 pm by DonnyOsmond »

f**king hell, when did David Icke join the forum?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 11, 2021, 01:33:52 pm by Ldr »

Put jew instead of unvaccinated and see if you are still comfortable with what’s going on

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 11, 2021, 01:39:02 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Put jew instead of unvaccinated and see if you are still comfortable with what’s going on

They want the Jews to either become vaccinated or take a weekly test for Covid so to protect everyone and to hopefully root out a virus killing thousands?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 11, 2021, 01:40:27 pm by sha66y »

Are you saying you are not prepared to look beyond this insinuation?

People tend to wheel out the David Icke and Conspiracy angle when a nerve is touched……

Just out of interest and a genuine question to boot:
Where do you think this Virus originated and how?…….go on….have a go!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 11, 2021, 01:41:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Half the population are legally prevented from driving unless they pay out of their own pockets to have glass things put in front of their eyes.

Facism, ah tell thi!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 11, 2021, 01:42:03 pm by DonnyOsmond »

People tend to wheel out the David Icke and Conspiracy angle when a nerve is touched……

Potentially in a lab in Wuhan. Although, we may never know. The main point right now is killing the virus off.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 11, 2021, 01:42:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Train and tube drivers aren't allowed to work if they refuse to take random alcohol tests.

Sieg Heil.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 01:46:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 11, 2021, 01:43:21 pm by SydneyRover »

the brick shithouse in the corner at belle view?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 11, 2021, 01:46:24 pm by Ldr »

They want the Jews to either become vaccinated or take a weekly test for Covid so to protect everyone and to hopefully root out a virus killing thousands?

You’re happy with the concept of mandatory vaccinations and the segregation of society? You are happy with the march towards a medical apartheid? You’re happy with this in the name of a virus that most people don’t know they have unless tested? You’re happy with this in the face of the increased risks documented for teenagers, especially male teenagers? Ever asked yourself how they got away with their policies in Germany in the 30s? All you have to do is look in the mirror. Yes there is a virus killing people, no it is not as deadly as the perception people have is. The vast, vast majority of deaths were in people that had co-morbidities. I would wager that COVID alone has killed no more than 5k in the uk, the rest it’s broke the camels back, severe influenza can do the same. The measures far outweigh the problem which is why I object. Imagine going after a fly with a bazooka

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 11, 2021, 01:47:45 pm by Ldr »

the brick shithouse in the corner at belle view?

Syd wins the internet today

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 11, 2021, 01:50:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You would wager that COVID has killed no more than 5k in the UK.

So you continue to ignore the ONS who say that the average COVID death cut a life short by 10 years.

You ignore that and you accuse those who have taken this seriously of being fascist supporters! The irony. You are turning a blind eye to the thick end of 2 million life years being lost.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 11, 2021, 01:51:01 pm by DonnyOsmond »

You’re happy with the concept of mandatory vaccinations and the segregation of society? You are happy with the march towards a medical apartheid? You’re happy with this in the name of a virus that most people don’t know they have unless tested? You’re happy with this in the face of the increased risks documented for teenagers, especially male teenagers? Ever asked yourself how they got away with their policies in Germany in the 30s? All you have to do is look in the mirror. Yes there is a virus killing people, no it is not as deadly as the perception people have is. The vast, vast majority of deaths were in people that had co-morbidities. I would wager that COVID alone has killed no more than 5k in the uk, the rest it’s broke the camels back, severe influenza can do the same. The measures far outweigh the problem which is why I object. Imagine going after a fly with a bazooka

I'm not even going to reply to this post as you're clearly an idiot.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012