Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 12:32:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bottom 4 prediction ( someone had to do it)  (Read 3508 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Bottom 4 prediction ( someone had to do it)
« on October 01, 2021, 11:34:31 pm by sha66y »
21 Doncaster Rovers
22 Cheltenham town
23 Crewe Alexander
24 Cambridge united

Just a bit of fun that cannot directly affect the final season positions!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Bottom 4 prediction ( someone had to do it)
« Reply #1 on October 01, 2021, 11:39:13 pm by since-1969 »
21 Doncaster Rovers
22 Cheltenham town
23 Crewe Alexander
24 Cambridge united

You mean we won’t finish bottom !!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 01, 2021, 11:46:32 pm by sha66y »
21 Doncaster Rovers
22 Cheltenham town
23 Crewe Alexander
24 Cambridge united

Astute!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 01, 2021, 11:56:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
21 Doncaster Rovers
22 Cheltenham town
23 Crewe Alexander
24 Cambridge united

What's your definition of fun?

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 02, 2021, 04:19:45 am by keith79 »
We won't finish in the bottom 4

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 02, 2021, 07:32:07 am by sha66y »
21 Doncaster Rovers
22 Cheltenham town
23 Crewe Alexander
24 Cambridge united

What's your definition of fun?

In this case it’s more “therapeutic fun” of which you have challenged rather than indulged I note….
Nobody knows our final positioning, yet our statistic based support would have us dead by Spring
We are pretty much nailed on for relegation at the moment but so are 3 others, and the ideology behind this little exercise is to see who can write a relegation list and put our team in it!

I know it’s hard to do when you still have hope,

But once you accept our fate,  you will feel differently about how and why you are attacking it, …… you will realise that kicking a dead horse won’t bring it back….but supporting a dying horse might!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 02, 2021, 10:24:50 am by donnievic »
Crewe
Cambridge
Morecombe
Shrewsbury

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 02, 2021, 01:30:12 pm by Campsall rover »
Crewe
Cambridge
Morecombe
Shrewsbury
They were 3 of the 4 i predicted before the season started. I had Wimbledon instead of Crewe.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 02, 2021, 02:25:00 pm by donnievic »
Crewe
Cambridge
Morecombe
Shrewsbury
They were 3 of the 4 i predicted before the season started. I had Wimbledon instead of Crewe.
yeah I thought they would of struggled without piggott but still think they have been one of the best teams we have played

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 02, 2021, 05:11:18 pm by GazLaz »
Morecambe go down with three others.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 02, 2021, 08:53:40 pm by scawsby steve »

Why Morecambe?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 02, 2021, 09:06:08 pm by GazLaz »

Why Morecambe?

Because they are rubbish.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 02, 2021, 09:13:27 pm by since-1969 »
21 Doncaster Rovers
22 Cheltenham town
23 Crewe Alexander
24 Cambridge united

Astute!
gesundheit !

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 02, 2021, 09:15:23 pm by scawsby steve »

Why Morecambe?

Because they are rubbish.

They were the best team by a country mile when we played them, and were robbed blind by the ref. Plus the fact that Pontus made 3 fantastic saves.

They beat Wednesdays, beat Lincoln away, and were beaten in injury time today after being 2 goals up. They also have one of the top scorers in the league in Cole Stockton.

Now, maybe you'd like to spell out in detail why you think they're rubbish.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 02, 2021, 09:18:15 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Really hope i'm wrong but I think we'll go down. At least with the squad as it is now. Todays win is great but the fact our top scorer is our left back and we struggle to keep any clean sheets is quite telling. Points are won in the two penalty areas and we are bad in both. Most teams are at least competent in one box.

If we can stay within touching distance and have a good Jan window maybe i'll change my mind.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 02, 2021, 09:36:01 pm by Campsall rover »
Really hope i'm wrong but I think we'll go down. At least with the squad as it is now. Todays win is great but the fact our top scorer is our left back and we struggle to keep any clean sheets is quite telling. Points are won in the two penalty areas and we are bad in both. Most teams are at least competent in one box.

If we can stay within touching distance and have a good Jan window maybe i'll change my mind.
We had a season in the early 1980’s when Glyn Snodin was our top scorer and he played the vast majority of the season at left back.  Think he ended with 15 goals and i am pretty sure if my memory serves me right we did not get relegated that season. It might have even got promoted.
Someone might be able to put me right or wrong on that one.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 02, 2021, 09:39:51 pm by The Beast »
When we’ve got Taylor flying down the wing rather than Vilca or Barlow, we’ll be a totally different proposition. Then Fej is coming back, he has more goals in his locker than anyone else.
We still won’t be world beaters but we’ll stay up!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 02, 2021, 10:02:26 pm by Chris Black come back »
Everything will look very different come our next game. Looks like Taylor and Fej have a decent chance of being in squad and Olowu is back. Only Cam John out injured by then I think.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 10:14:33 pm by Chris Black come back »

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 02, 2021, 10:07:24 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

We had a season in the early 1980’s when Glyn Snodin was our top scorer and he played the vast majority of the season at left back.  Think he ended with 15 goals and i am pretty sure if my memory serves me right we did not get relegated that season. It might have even got promoted.
Someone might be able to put me right or wrong on that one.

Aye but we can't be expecting 15 goals a season from a full back. Agree with others though if Taylor and Fej come back and can hit the ground running we should be harder to handle.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 02, 2021, 11:09:48 pm by andyst79 »
When we’ve got Taylor flying down the wing rather than Vilca or Barlow, we’ll be a totally different proposition. Then Fej is coming back, he has more goals in his locker than anyone else.
Taylors distribution & decision making going forward is dreadful, however he's a good outlet and good cover for the right back

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 02, 2021, 11:12:36 pm by karldew »
Everything will look very different come our next game. Looks like Taylor and Fej have a decent chance of being in squad and Olowu is back. Only Cam John out injured by then I think.

Sure Cam John said on commentary that Taylor was due back before him and Fej was due back after.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 03, 2021, 12:19:10 am by The Beast »
Taylors distribution & decision making going forward is dreadful, however he's a good outlet and good cover for the right back
His final ball is poor, agreed but he gives you so much more than the players I mentioned and stretches the game for us in a way that Sterling does for England.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 03, 2021, 01:28:44 am by Colin C No.3 »
21 Doncaster Rovers
22 Cheltenham town
23 Crewe Alexander
24 Cambridge united

You see the difference (well, one of many actually) between you & I is that I don’t find it ‘a bit of fun’ when a so called Rovers supporter puts us in one of the four relegation positions come the end of the end of the season, then attempts to use the term ´that cannot directly affect the final season’s position’ as his ´get out of jail free card’ so here is my ‘bit of fun’.

I bet you (for this forum to ‘witness’), £200 to go to the Rovers Acedemy from the loser, that Rovers will not finish this season in the bottom four relegation positions.

Will you take me up on that, ´for a bit of fun’?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 03, 2021, 07:30:33 am by sha66y »
21 Doncaster Rovers
22 Cheltenham town
23 Crewe Alexander
24 Cambridge united

You see the difference (well, one of many actually) between you & I is that I don’t find it ‘a bit of fun’ when a so called Rovers supporter puts us in one of the four relegation positions come the end of the end of the season, then attempts to use the term ´that cannot directly affect the final season’s position’ as his ´get out of jail free card’ so here is my ‘bit of fun’.

I bet you (for this forum to ‘witness’), £200 to go to the Rovers Acedemy from the loser, that Rovers will not finish this season in the bottom four relegation positions.

See what you’ve done there is once again overthought the OP statement and tried to make it into something it’s not......

an opinion is only an opinion ( and many fans have them)

Mine being that we will be possibly relegated this season, and I have rationalised my thinking in previous threads,

do you seriously think that throwing money at a wager will alter the outcome of our final positioning?

Do you challenge everyone with wild bets and wagers who’s opinion you don’t agree with?

C’mon you’re better than that!

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 03, 2021, 08:12:03 am by Chris the Rover »
My only prediction is that we will be nowhere near the bottom 4 at the end of the season. To me, that’s the only one that matters.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 03, 2021, 09:54:24 am by Colin C No.3 »
21 Doncaster Rovers
22 Cheltenham town
23 Crewe Alexander
24 Cambridge united

See what you’ve done there is once again overthought the OP statement and tried to make it into something it’s not......

Mine being that we will be possibly relegated this season, and I have rationalised my thinking in previous threads,

do you seriously think that throwing money at a wager will alter the outcome of our final positioning?

Do you challenge everyone with wild bets and wagers who’s opinion you don’t agree with?

Probably, possibly, perhaps.

Now that’s what’s called hedging your bets.

Do you think in your opinion that Rovers will be relegated this season (calling on the powers of your rationalised thinking)?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 03, 2021, 10:37:02 am by sha66y »
21 Doncaster Rovers
22 Cheltenham town
23 Crewe Alexander
24 Cambridge united

Do you think in your opinion that Rovers will be relegated this season (calling on the powers of your rationalised thinking)?

As you asked the question so nicely,

No I don’t !
I actually think we will be around the 17-18 position

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 03, 2021, 10:40:25 am by Donnywolf »
I will be just a bit more optimistic than 17-18 without being specific

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on October 03, 2021, 11:55:33 am by Colin C No.3 »
21 Doncaster Rovers
22 Cheltenham town
23 Crewe Alexander
24 Cambridge united

No I don’t !

So you’ve changed your mind from 2 days ago when you started a ´New Topic’  where you placed Rovers in a 21st relegation spot!!

Another negative topic/thread just for the sake of it to add to all the other’s on here. Just what we need.

Jeez.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 12:00:01 pm by Colin C No.3 »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 03, 2021, 12:26:44 pm by sha66y »
21 Doncaster Rovers
22 Cheltenham town
23 Crewe Alexander
24 Cambridge united

No I don’t !

So you’ve changed your mind from 2 days ago when you started a ´New Topic’  where you placed Rovers in a 21st relegation spot!!

Another negative topic/thread just for the sake of it to add to all the other’s on here. Just what we need.

Jeez.

C’mon now mr C !
You have clearly not immersed yourself in the context of such a topic,
Imagine coming off the back of a 6-0 drubbing and all that’s on the Twitter/t**tter menu is doom & gloom, sack the manager , sack the board, we are just a relegation team, yadda yadda yadda!

I find the best way to help people vent is by holding up a reality,  whether perceived or not, and in this case actually looking at what the bottom four would and might look like for those with little faith ( can’t believe I’m explaining this by the way)

Obviously I had to get the ball rolling so them’s that were screaming “relegation fodder”  would get a good up close look at what it might/could look like!

I heard there were many many fans ranting about how we were definately nailed on for relegation, however when asked to actually name the bottom four  ………..not many could !

Not Disapointed in the least……it’s not a negative post at all, more a “ wake up” call to those that overreact in the extreme….

TinyPortal © 2005-2012