Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 04:21:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gardner  (Read 4074 times)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
Re: Gardner
« Reply #30 on October 27, 2021, 12:12:56 pm by i_ateallthepies »
That’s the point though - he couldn’t get into the right positions due to his injury

Did you see Gardener's breakaway run?  He was moving perfectly well then and didn't appear to be struggling with injury.  No, his positioning both in and out of possession is absolutely shocking.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 27, 2021, 12:15:59 pm by roversdude »
Only he knows

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 27, 2021, 12:50:40 pm by Cramby10 »
I actually thought the limp came out once he had got the hook. Probably to save face?
I did however, say to my lad that I thought he was blowing out of his arse after 20 mins.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 27, 2021, 12:53:24 pm by GazLaz »
He’s just useless, let’s be honest.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 27, 2021, 01:53:58 pm by Move DRFC »
The way Richie had words with Gardner as he came off tells me he will be bench warming for the rest of his time with us

What was said? Proper bollocking?

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 27, 2021, 01:58:21 pm by keyser_soze »
Shocking 30 minutes from him, not even Sunday league class, we played with 10 men for that time
Why if Knoyle was fit to play wasn’t he brought on from the start and Galbraith playing in midfield, as that’s where he went when Gardner went off and saved us the agony of the watching the first 30mins .

Assume it was tactical in that he felt Galbraith coming inside from right back last game worked well so he wanted to give it another go.
And how did THE  Wellens  tactics workout for Gardener ??

Wellens has confirmed as much in an interview. Galbraith MOTM from RB in the last game, so keep him there and Knoyle has to play his way back in. Gardner coming off (injured/not fit in first place) left them with no other midfielders so Galbraith switched.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 27, 2021, 02:26:20 pm by normal rules »
It makes you wonder how worthwhile pre match fitness check/ warm up is. The coaching staff should know who is fit and more importantly, who isn’t.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 27, 2021, 02:34:38 pm by The Beast »
 :rolleyes:
It makes you wonder how worthwhile pre match fitness check/ warm up is. The coaching staff should know who is fit and more importantly, who isn’t.
Just had a flashback to the first game against Wimbledon, seeing Gardner and Barlow, thought Mark Weaver was back on recruitment.
 :suicide:

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 27, 2021, 02:45:20 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Came at the same time as Barlow. Almost like it was an option of sign these 2 or nothing else before the season starts. Both really not good enough at this level.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 27, 2021, 05:39:31 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
It seems like Gardner has been so desperate to play, that he has declared himself fit when he wasn’t .
It might not have worked out today , everyone can have an off day, but we need good attitudes like that.

That’s not a good attitude to me - him playing was detrimental to the team so if he wasn’t for there’s no way he should have declared himself fit. The medical staff isn’t without blame either - surely they can establish whether a player is actually fit or not?

It is to me. He didn’t think he was struggling as bad as he eventually did, and thought he could prove a point and put in a performance .
A lot goes on how the player himself feels if they are seen as slight niggles.
If he thought that was going to happen he would have declared himself unfit

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 27, 2021, 05:46:10 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I just feel as an entire squad we aren’t fit enough, just look at Rotherham has a comparison. I do feel half the injuries we are getting are due to our players not being fit enough

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 27, 2021, 06:46:30 pm by roversdude »
Got to agree with that DVR we certainly don’t seem fit

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on October 27, 2021, 07:41:18 pm by LincolnDonny »

I honestly can't remember who it was in the kick about where they have "3 teams" playing against each other, but i noticed 1 of the players just didn't get involved and held back every time..............
Make me wonder who that was now ?............

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 27, 2021, 07:47:09 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Ours is a situation you’ve seen before, when new managers have taken over at a club. The first thing they state is that the squad isn’t fit enough and it will take time to improve. Thankfully Wellens has noticed this and brought Paul Green in.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 27, 2021, 08:11:07 pm by Lesonthewest »
In hindsight I suppose it was obvious he was injured, was just hard to tell as on previous occasions he’s looked totally off the pace, he’s a yard behind the game, constantly reacting rather than reading the game. I know we were short of bodies when we signed him and Barlow but these two are a mile off this level.

Totally agree, we were short on numbers pre season admittedly, but I've no idea how they were given a contract.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 27, 2021, 08:53:03 pm by GazLaz »
In hindsight I suppose it was obvious he was injured, was just hard to tell as on previous occasions he’s looked totally off the pace, he’s a yard behind the game, constantly reacting rather than reading the game. I know we were short of bodies when we signed him and Barlow but these two are a mile off this level.

Totally agree, we were short on numbers pre season admittedly, but I've no idea how they were given a contract.

You would imagine they are very very cheap.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 28, 2021, 09:11:09 am by jamesrover17 »

I don't think they are worth much when our fitness coach is sat on the bench at Boston... That is the next big thing that needs sorting out for me between now and January, not a clue how Greeny can get away with it but Butler couldn't

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 28, 2021, 02:33:40 pm by Bailey Vickerage »

I don't think they are worth much when our fitness coach is sat on the bench at Boston... That is the next big thing that needs sorting out for me between now and January, not a clue how Greeny can get away with it but Butler couldn't
Wellens and Greeny both said when greeny joined that they wanted to sort an agreement out with Boston to terminate his contract early so he could focus on donny.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012