Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 07:00:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

How many fans would like to see Rovers lose their next game so that RW is sacked

Yes
8 (5.2%)
No
145 (94.8%)

Total Members Voted: 153

Author Topic: Richie Wellens  (Read 7138 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Richie Wellens
« on November 06, 2021, 10:53:35 pm by roverstillidie91 »
I've seen the odd post on social media, I haven't seen one on here.

I am just intrigued of how many fans would like to see us lose our next game so that RW is out of the hot seat.

In my view who ever is manager you shouldn't ever want your team to lose regardless of who is the manager.

Personally I think RW will get it right given time, I am just more intrigued who the fans think should replace RW with given that there is 8 games before the transfer window. Any new coach would have the same players.

IMHO any 'supporter' who wants their team to lose is not that in my honest opinion and is not a true fan.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Prez

• VSC Member
Re: Richie Wellens
« Reply #1 on November 06, 2021, 11:12:58 pm by Prez »
I never want to see Rovers lose a game regardless of who is in charge. My personal view is if we are not out of the bottom 4 by the end of xmas then he has to go. I simply would not trust him with what money is available to spend in January after blowing his pre season budget on poor signings.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 06, 2021, 11:39:59 pm by donnyallday »
Blowing his pre season budget on poor signings

OR   

Blowing his poor pre season budget on what he can attract.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 06, 2021, 11:51:57 pm by Prez »
Blowing his pre season budget on poor signings

OR   

Blowing his poor pre season budget on what he can attract.

Coventry have the 3rd lowest budget in the championship. They sit 4th in the table. Whilst i concede we have small budget, it cant be lower than Accringtons, Cambridge, Morecambe etc.

Wellens is under acheiving.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 07, 2021, 12:39:49 am by anton123 »
Talking to a guy at a wedding tonight who has some connections with the board and they told him 3 months ago that they were gonna go with the youth players this year and drop to lg2 as they can be sustainable been a yo-yo club from lg1 and lg2 take from that what u want

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 07, 2021, 12:53:29 am by VivaRovers »
Talking to a guy at a wedding tonight who has some connections with the board and they told him 3 months ago that they were gonna go with the youth players this year and drop to lg2 as they can be sustainable been a yo-yo club from lg1 and lg2 take from that what u want

I'm going to take it for the absolute b****cks that it clearly is (On his part, not yours... the being at a wedding bit is believable).

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 07, 2021, 02:15:20 am by rich1471 »
I don't want them to lose ,but wellens should still be sacked the football is terrible and conference standard at best

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 07, 2021, 04:09:31 am by silent majority »

That’s absolute, first class, rubbish.

I just don’t understand why people fall for this claptrap.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 07, 2021, 05:26:45 am by Donnywolf »
Stick another Poll up

Do you believe the claptrap stated - and that too would probably be pushing 100 pc NO

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 07, 2021, 06:12:42 am by Avsuptem »

Was it Kermit marrying Miss Piggy ?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 07, 2021, 07:49:11 am by mushRTID »
I am still behind him.

In my head, I was always prepared for us to be shite until October/November given the situation we were in.

What I couldn’t account for at the time was some big old mistakes/issues from Richie/the club;

- Rowe at LB, should have signed another one used him in midfield

- Bogle/striker situation

- Williams/Cukur being shocking signings

- not signing an established permanent GK

- Not signing the defensive midfielder he said he needed

However, if we can stay in touch then address some of these issues in January I still think we will be ok.

He is a young manager who has undoubtedly made mistakes. I believe he can and will learn from them.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 07, 2021, 07:55:00 am by selby »
  Playing wise the club has just had the best weeks results for ages the first team drawing and winning, the youth team winning in the youth cup and you come up with and others follow the idiot up front  with a total load of make believe, and you expect credibility.
  Stick your poll up where the sun doesn't shine.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 07, 2021, 08:07:29 am by sha66y »

I am just intrigued of how many fans would like to see us lose our next game so that RW is out of the hot seat.

In my view who ever is manager you shouldn't ever want your team to lose regardless of who is the manager.

Personally I think RW will get it right given time, I am just more intrigued who the fans think should replace RW with given that there is 8 games before the transfer window. Any new coach would have the same players.

IMHO any 'supporter' who wants their team to lose is not that in my honest opinion and is not a true fan.

Why do you think he would be out of the “hot seat” ?
I don’t see Richie going anywhere until this project rights itself, and progresses, irregardless of the flowery meltdowns of our vocal yet daft support ( my opinion only)….

Fans are just wasps at a barbecue …..

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 07, 2021, 08:44:16 am by sha66y »
That Poll can’t work in that wording, you are asking for Rovers fans to actually wish for a loss, and unless we have the most moronic of supporters, that just won’t happen!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 07, 2021, 08:53:34 am by wilts rover »

If that is the case, why aren't the youth players playing? We had more of them playing under Moore challenging for the top of the league than we do under Wellens.

Make up stuff if you want (referring to bloke with connections) but at least base them on actual facts.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 07, 2021, 09:30:13 am by Upton Rover »

Get it right by what way? Walking?
Only the clubs hope of salvaging the season

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 07, 2021, 09:33:05 am by Cramby10 »
Has anyone read his post match comments to Liam Hoden? At the end of the piece he said “we need people to manage their bodies better”! Is he actually digging the players out, again, for getting injured?

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 07, 2021, 09:37:05 am by Donny Exile in York »

That’s absolute, first class, rubbish.

I just don’t understand why people fall for this claptrap.

The jury's out given our league position and the calibre of our squad, transfer deadline debacle etc. Lets see at the end of the season shall we if we strengthen in January and stay up.

In the championship we had Bramalls wealth with Watson and Ryan. In league one we had Bramall and Watson wealth. Now we only have Bramall. I regard you SM these days as a voice piece for the board and not the fans I'm afraid..
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 09:44:08 am by Donny Exile in York »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 07, 2021, 10:05:11 am by normal rules »
There are two questions in one here.
No one wants to see their team lose. No one would vote for that.
Wanting RW sacked is another matter.

Pointless question IMO. Plus if rovers do get beat in the next game. He won’t get sacked. I can’t see the board sacking him any time soon. The only possible outcome this season is if he resigns.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 07, 2021, 10:18:06 am by DonnyOsmond »

Did you let him know only one player we own under 23 has played more than 500 league mins? That definitely isn't the way to go if you're looking at going for youngsters ready for next season. If that was the plan from the start they wouldn't have hired Wellens who is known for not giving youth a chance, such as when he shipped out Twine on loan at Swindon, who's now one of the better players of League One.

Some people are so naïve.

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 07, 2021, 10:23:50 am by DRCraig »
Want him to turn things around.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 07, 2021, 10:44:25 am by normal rules »
I support Richie.
And another positive yesterday was the singing of one Richie Wellens.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 07, 2021, 10:50:45 am by roversdude »
That Poll can’t work in that wording, you are asking for Rovers fans to actually wish for a loss, and unless we have the most moronic of supporters, that just won’t happen!

Unfortunately we have an element of those cretinous morons

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 07, 2021, 11:10:05 am by StocktonRover »
Has anyone read his post match comments to Liam Hoden? At the end of the piece he said “we need people to manage their bodies better”! Is he actually digging the players out, again, for getting injured?
Well unless the players are honest about their injuries, they end up starting a game and then pulling up shortly afterwards.  Could he be referring to that instead of the negative slant you put on it?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 07, 2021, 11:19:28 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Unfortunately we have an element of those cretinous morons

I know. Anyone who has a minority view is a cretinous moron naturally.  ;)

We've seen it with Covid. If you aren't in the Governments, SAGE's, Medias and NHS pockets then you are a cretinous moron apparently.

I'm voting for the cretinous moron party at the next election.

No point in voting in this poll anyway because the next game that matters is Lincoln at home which we will lose anyway so we don't have to wish for a loss. It is inevitable.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 07, 2021, 11:26:39 am by ravenrover »
Complains about retards being used to describe someone but cretinous moron is acceptable?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 07, 2021, 11:28:35 am by roversdude »
I never complained about anything rr case of mistaken identity there I’m afraid

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 07, 2021, 11:31:18 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Complains about retards being used to describe someone but cretinous moron is acceptable?

Cretinous and moron are acceptable words and are not in any way discriminatory. After all, you used them. They aren't nice to use but no crime has been committed.

The word 'retard' in the context of using it as a derogatory slur or abuse of someone is discriminatory and thus considered a hate crime. Which is why i didn't approve of someone using that terminology.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 07, 2021, 12:10:49 pm by LincsRover »
Why is cretin ok when retard isn’t?

Congenital hypothyroidism, previously known as cretinism, is a severe deficiency of thyroid hormone in newborns. It causes impaired neurological function, stunted growth, and physical deformities.
Includes Diseases: Congenital iodine deficiency syndrome

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 07, 2021, 12:38:09 pm by Cramby10 »
Well unless the players are honest about their injuries, they end up starting a game and then pulling up shortly afterwards.  Could he be referring to that instead of the negative slant you put on it?
could be? It was only a question. You call it negative I call it an observation. There just seems to be theme of deflecting attention from himself to others.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012