Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 08:32:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Make Britain Great Again  (Read 2256 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
Re: Make Britain Great Again
« Reply #1 on November 08, 2021, 01:28:09 pm by Axholme Lion »
Bring back scurvy:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/return-scurvy-under-tory-rule-25396035?1=

How many people don't or won't eat fresh fruit and veg or cook their own meals? We fill up at the green grocers every week and prep our own meals. It's not difficult or expensive.
I'm not taking political sides on this one, i'm just saying what i see. I'll bet many of these people are happy to stick a Big Mac or some such down their throats but won't touch greens?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 08, 2021, 01:28:33 pm by normal rules »
Too many parents treating their kids to Mac Donald’s et al every weekend instead of getting down the fruit isle.
Uber eats.
Microwave meals.
Just eat
Every high st full of fast food outlets.
Junk food.

Feck all to do with politics.
A lot of kids don’t eat fruit or veg these days. And adults for that matter.
Sign of the times I’m afraid.
Fruit and veg are not for the rich. It’s cheap and readily available.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 01:33:15 pm by normal rules »

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 08, 2021, 01:36:29 pm by Axholme Lion »
Too many parents treating their kids to Mac Donald’s et al every weekend instead of getting down the fruit isle.
Uber eats.
Microwave meals.
Just eat
Every high st full of fast food outlets.
Junk food.

Feck all to do with politics.
A lot of kids don’t eat fruit or veg these days. And adults for that matter.
Sign of the times I’m afraid.
Fruit and veg are not for the rich. It’s cheap and readily available.

Bang on mate.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 08, 2021, 01:47:32 pm by idler »
It is also far healthier than processed fast food garbage.
Fresh veg and a chicken will be cheaper that a large pizza and will feed a family of four.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 08, 2021, 01:48:23 pm by Bentley Bullet »
By God, you don't half hear about some shit in that shit rag. And people believe it!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 01:51:58 pm by Bentley Bullet »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 08, 2021, 01:49:31 pm by normal rules »
I’ve first hand experience every of this. Whilst they are only one family, who will remain nameless, I know for a fact their kids don’t eat fruit or veg. Don’t know what it is to drink fresh orange juice. Why? Because their parents just don’t see it. They think they are doing well by their kids by giving them processed food every night. I also know their income will be well below National average.
New York pizzas.
Chicken nuggets
Microwave burgers.
Blue charge energy drinks
Chocolate
Take aways.
Sugar loaded stuff.
These things are not cheap compared to fresh produce.
I see it all the time in the local Asda.
Trolley fulls of processed food and tinned shit.
No fruit or veg.
And it’s not that they cannot afford it . They just choose not to eat fresh food fruit and veg.
The kids all have new iPhones. Latest consoles etc. Sit on their arses doing no exercise . Because that’s how their parents live. They know no different.
The country is full of such families .

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 08, 2021, 01:51:42 pm by idler »
Most kids now haven’t got a clue how to prepare and cook fresh food.
It’s easier to open a packet or tin.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 08, 2021, 04:42:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
By God, you don't half hear about some shit in that shit rag. And people believe it!

I think you're still struggling with this idea of how to differentiate between press stories that can and cannot be trusted. What, specifically, is "shit" about an article that directly and accurately quotes data from an NHS database?

As for the others giving their two pennorth on why it's all down to feckless f**kers, if that's the case, I wonder why we have so many more feckless f**kers than we did before the Tories were in power? Thoughts anyone?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 08, 2021, 05:07:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Yet all the boat people strive to get to this place of milk and honey in their droves!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 08, 2021, 08:56:31 pm by wilts rover »
Scurvy of course is a disease of poverty. Of Austerity.

According to NHS digital statistics, hospital admissions for malnutrition have tripled since 2010. The increase coincides with soaring numbers of people relying on food banks. In 2010, 61,000 people needed food handouts but a decade on this figure now stands at 2.5 million.

https://twitter.com/Taj_Ali1/status/1457668253568880647

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 08, 2021, 09:20:34 pm by SydneyRover »
Yet all the boat people strive to get to this place of milk and honey in their droves!

Maybe they're needed to take the place of the 50,000 + that died directly due to Austerity, the tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths because of mangled response to covid and of course those that just left because of brexit.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 09, 2021, 07:01:01 am by BigH »
Bring back scurvy:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/return-scurvy-under-tory-rule-25396035?1=

How many people don't or won't eat fresh fruit and veg or cook their own meals? We fill up at the green grocers every week and prep our own meals. It's not difficult or expensive.
I'm not taking political sides on this one, i'm just saying what i see. I'll bet many of these people are happy to stick a Big Mac or some such down their throats but won't touch greens?
I don't disagree Axholme. But kids nowadays don't get half the education about eating properly or how to cook a proper meal that they used to. Plus adverts promoting sh**e food seem to have gone into overdrive in recent years.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 09, 2021, 08:15:04 am by Axholme Lion »
Bring back scurvy:

I don't disagree Axholme. But kids nowadays don't get half the education about eating properly or how to cook a proper meal that they used to. Plus adverts promoting sh**e food seem to have gone into overdrive in recent years.

This is true. Everytime you turn on the wireless it's McDonalds or Just eat on the telly.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 09, 2021, 08:22:11 am by Axholme Lion »

I think you're still struggling with this idea of how to differentiate between press stories that can and cannot be trusted. What, specifically, is "shit" about an article that directly and accurately quotes data from an NHS database?

As for the others giving their two pennorth on why it's all down to feckless f**kers, if that's the case, I wonder why we have so many more feckless f**kers than we did before the Tories were in power? Thoughts anyone?

Because they are breeding out of control. When i was growing up in the seventies there were always a few of these families around but it feels like they're taking over. I honestly don't believe you an blame the tories for it. We didn't have much money when i was a kid and it felt like many of the kids at school had posh houses and dads drove flash cars, whereas we were in a council house and dad had a second hand Marina, however it didn't stop me being tought honesty, the value of hard work and how to look after yourself, be it having a decent diet or saving your money to pay your own way. I don't think that's the case with many now.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 09, 2021, 08:28:18 am by Metalmicky »

This is true. Everytime you turn on the wireless it's McDonalds or Just eat on the telly.

The wireless made me smile...... :lol:  - although you are totally right......

Thing is people have got lazy - and laziness is expensive.  If people were able to prepare simple food themselves they would save a fortune. 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 09, 2021, 08:46:44 am by drfchound »

Because they are breeding out of control. When i was growing up in the seventies there were always a few of these families around but it feels like they're taking over. I honestly don't believe you an blame the tories for it. We didn't have much money when i was a kid and it felt like many of the kids at school had posh houses and dads drove flash cars, whereas we were in a council house and dad had a second hand Marina, however it didn't stop me being tought honesty, the value of hard work and how to look after yourself, be it having a decent diet or saving your money to pay your own way. I don't think that's the case with many now.

Thing is people have got lazy - and laziness is expensive.  If people were able to prepare simple food themselves they would save a fortune. 

I agree with these two posts.
Too many modern day young parents survive on loads of fast food, ready meals etc.
This has been going on for more than the last dozen years.
Still, some people on here find reasons from that to bash the government as if it is a new phenomenon.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 09, 2021, 09:17:05 am by Bentley Bullet »

Too many modern day young parents survive on loads of fast food, ready meals etc.
Still, some people on here find reasons from that to bash the government as if it is a new phenomenon.

These people have been adopted by the Tory bashers in a pretence of sympathy when in truth it is just another pseudo route for Tory bashing. 

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 09, 2021, 09:42:24 am by Axholme Lion »
I don't think it's a political thing. There have always been people like this, it's just that there's more of them now, but then again there are more of everyone.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 09, 2021, 10:04:23 am by BillyStubbsTears »

These people have been adopted by the Tory bashers in a pretence of sympathy when in truth it is just another pseudo route for Tory bashing. 

You both seem to be struggling with the core fact in the OP. That scurvy and malnutrition have both massively increased under the Tories. Not that they never existed before.

Do you reckon there has been a doubling of the number of feckless f**kers under the Tory rule?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 09, 2021, 10:14:42 am by Axholme Lion »
I think they have been breeding out of control for twenty years or more. We're three generations in now.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 09, 2021, 10:19:06 am by Ldr »

You both seem to be struggling with the core fact in the OP. That scurvy and malnutrition have both massively increased under the Tories. Not that they never existed before.

Do you reckon there has been a doubling of the number of feckless f**kers under the Tory rule?

Yes scurvy has gone from 82 cases to 171, massive

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 09, 2021, 10:23:17 am by BillyStubbsTears »
And malnutrition?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 09, 2021, 10:25:34 am by Ldr »
You can have that one but you categorically stated both had increased massively. Liberal with the truth again?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 09, 2021, 10:31:35 am by SydneyRover »
some interesting figures in here Ldr

https://globalnutritionreport.org/resources/nutrition-profiles/europe/northern-europe/united-kingdom-great-britain-and-northern-ireland/

It doesn't mention that an extremely rare condition scurvy has more than doubled though.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 09, 2021, 10:33:10 am by Ldr »
I don’t dispute it Syd, see it in local figures here too let alone national figures. I was just pointing out a simple lie

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 09, 2021, 10:35:58 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Just read an article about a man who has lived next to remote Scottish loch alone for 40 years. Surviving by foraging and fishing the loch. He's thin.

No fast food outlet or co op / convenience store in sight.

The easier the availability of food, the more will buy it. Which is why most people are obese.

Just been in my local town centre. Parked up and clocked a parking warden. He literally could barely walk he was that big.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 09, 2021, 10:39:27 am by BillyStubbsTears »
You can have that one but you categorically stated both had increased massively. Liberal with the truth again?
Doubling in a decade is a massive increase on what it was.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 09, 2021, 11:11:31 am by Ldr »
I’m guessing you’re the sort of person then who would say the same about 2 to 4. It’s that sort of statement that loses the credibility of an otherwise valid point

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 09, 2021, 11:47:13 am by Donnywolf »
I am guessing that someone / somewhere gets a Takeaway every night ? Maybe someone on here

The takeaway delivery men are operating in droves at Macs, Chinese , Chippy, Pizzas and wherever else I see even Subway and Greggs

On Sunday on Twitter a girl posted at 11.30 am - anybody open for breakfast deliveries so Im guessing the answer to my question is YES

TinyPortal © 2005-2012