Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 07:58:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Moderna booster  (Read 1529 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Moderna booster
« on November 17, 2021, 08:33:00 pm by normal rules »
If the moderna booster is supposed to completely wipe you out, then my wife and I can confirm it does a very good job.
#bolloxed

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
Re: Moderna booster
« Reply #1 on November 17, 2021, 09:00:13 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I heard somebody on the radio make a point about boosters the other day.

They said that if someone had received both doses of the AZ for example and then went and got a booster with Pfizer, would they be considered fully jabbed because Pfizer and AZ use different technologies in their vaccine. Therefore would a person double jabbed with AZ also need two Pfizer jabs as boosters in order to be covered by the vaccine and to be considered double jabbed?

Surely it would make sense to have the option of being boosted with the same type of vaccine that you previously had before?

« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 09:08:48 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 17, 2021, 09:48:28 pm by Nudga »
Meanwhile the government trying to convince the unvaccinated that the first doses are effective whilst at the same time telling the double jabbed that they aren't effective so trying to convince them to get a booster.

Hahaha

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 17, 2021, 09:51:48 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I've not seen one politician answer the question as to what the health reasons are for bringing in vaccine passports.

If 500 people go to a nightclub and each show a vaccine passport. This doesn't stop transmission of Covid within the venue. Therefore what is the health benefit of having a vaccine passport and thus what ultimately is the point of the vaccine passport if it is not for any health benefit?

Nobody will answer these questions.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 17, 2021, 09:53:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nudga. If you have a couple or three beers, do you stay drunk forever?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 17, 2021, 09:54:29 pm by drfchound »
If the moderna booster is supposed to completely wipe you out, then my wife and I can confirm it does a very good job.
#bolloxed

I will get back to you on this.
We had our moderna booster jabs today.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 17, 2021, 09:58:39 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I'm pleased that people are making the choice that suits their needs.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 17, 2021, 10:02:11 pm by Nudga »
Explain Gibraltar.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 17, 2021, 10:12:21 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Meanwhile the government trying to convince the unvaccinated that the first doses are effective whilst at the same time telling the double jabbed that they aren't effective so trying to convince them to get a booster.

Hahaha

Tbf Nudga, the booster is supposed to be needed because the first two are wearing off. Not that the first two are not effective.

Personally i think the vaccines work and if people want them then great. People who don't want them should be left alone and nobody (jabbed or not) should be excluded from anything in life based on vaccination status.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 17, 2021, 10:12:30 pm by Filo »
#bolloxed

I will get back to you on this.
We had our moderna booster jabs today.

I didn’t realise they were giving Moderna for boosters, I thought it was just the pzizer, we go to Scunny on Friday for ours

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 17, 2021, 10:18:36 pm by Nudga »
Nudga. If you have a couple or three beers, do you stay drunk forever?

Not on two or three beers you fanny. Enjoy your 6 monthly vax subscription.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 17, 2021, 10:54:33 pm by idler »
The couple that run our dances both had the Moderna booster on Saturday and spent most of Sunday in bed as they felt wiped out and good for nothing.
Ok by Monday though.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 18, 2021, 12:23:26 am by River Don »
Our 19 YO was given Moderna as a second jab by accident. Her first being Pfizer. It wiped her out for two days.

I'm due a booster on Satdi, if they offer me Moderna I might decline it and see if I can get Pfizer at a walk in, instead.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 18, 2021, 12:49:53 am by BillyStubbsTears »
First AZ jab knocked me out for a day back in March. I'm due the booster next week. Be interesting to see what that does.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 18, 2021, 07:00:25 am by roversdude »
I had Pfizer as a booster and that f*cked me over for about 3 days

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 18, 2021, 09:06:45 am by normal rules »

Hahaha

The effectiveness of the vaccines dwindle over time.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 18, 2021, 09:11:14 am by normal rules »
Feel a bit better today.
Had the booster tues night . By 2pm wed I was feeling chilly and tired. By 4pm I had full on flu symptoms. Hot /cold sweats, headache , very tired and i felt like someone had hit me across the arm, shoulder,neck with a lump of 4x 2. Completely fecked.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 18, 2021, 09:55:58 am by ravenrover »
We had AZ as our 1st two jabs both had no problems apart from a sore arm for a couple of days. Booster was Pfizer which they said was the best combination for a booster after having AZ. I had no problems apart from sore arm wife had hot sweats and felt "off it" for a couple of days

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 18, 2021, 10:06:35 am by idler »
I had two AZ jabs and the Pfizer booster. No I’ll affects apart from a slight pain as though I’d been knocked on the arm after the booster.
Mother-in-law and father-in-law had Pfizer jabs and booster. Both in their late 80s and no problems at all.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 18, 2021, 11:40:58 am by Bentley Bullet »
Our lass and I had Pfizer-Pfizer-Pfizer. No after-effects whatsoever.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 18, 2021, 12:45:11 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I'd like to join in. I had an AZ first dose in March and won't be having any more jabs. I now claim self exemption so don't need to, and i feel great.  ;) Just a bit of a sore head from being bombarded from all angles to get a vaccine.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 18, 2021, 12:59:57 pm by Axholme Lion »
Had a text a couple of days ago inviting me to get booster jab. Rang the quacks in Epworth only to be told there is no stock of the vaccine to be issued on the Isle and was advised to book on NHS website online. The surgery at Owston Ferry was great for the original two AZ jabs, now i have to go to Scunny where i'll probably pick up some infection in the waiting room. How can it be available in Scunthorpe but not in O.Ferry? Living in North Lincs it feels like if you live West of the Trent you do all the paying in and those to the East do all the taking out.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 18, 2021, 01:09:36 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I'm just recovering from covid its not nice!!  can't have my booster for at least 28 days after the positive test although its due, and cant test again for 90 days as the results will be skewed unless I have full blown symptoms.  I dread to think how I could have been if I wasnt double jabbed  in some respects I'm surprised I got away with it this long having worked all the way through everything

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 18, 2021, 01:44:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Giving vaccine boosters is fascism! Stop bullying your cats and dogs into having one every year and give them the true freedom of being able to catch something deadly! :silly:

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 18, 2021, 02:23:20 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Giving vaccine boosters is fascism! Stop bullying your cats and dogs into having one every year and give them the true freedom of being able to catch something deadly! :silly:

I've worked in animal welfare and veterinary medicine for nearly 20 years. Never had any of our cats vaccinated and they have all lived to a ripe old age, current oldest is 18, other than the one that got run over by some cnut who failed to stop.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 18, 2021, 04:20:12 pm by Nudga »
Some doylam taking the piss cos he doesn't trust his immune system, clown world

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 18, 2021, 04:25:44 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Some doylam taking the piss cos he doesn't trust his immune system, clown world

Both consent forms for flu and Covid for my 12 year old sent from the school (both of which i refused consent for) gave options for reason for refusal at the end and despite all the options, the one that wasn't there was the option that said 'not needed'.

I clicked on 'other' and put my child is a healthy 12 year old and thus has a healthy immune system. For some reason many parents seem to have overlooked this most basic of natural facts.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 18, 2021, 05:43:24 pm by albie »
Interesting visualisation of the impact of the booster vaccines in this thread;
https://twitter.com/PaulMainwood/status/1460731753677705218

If you don't believe in data, then best not to read it.
I can't help you with that problem!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 18, 2021, 06:32:21 pm by Nudga »
15 million jabs to freedom.

Is that 15 million each?

Nudga

• Forum Member

TinyPortal © 2005-2012