Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 12:43:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mansfield Highlights  (Read 2758 times)

albie

• Forum Member
Mansfield Highlights
« on December 04, 2021, 06:43:46 pm by albie »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Mansfield Highlights
« Reply #1 on December 04, 2021, 06:45:32 pm by glosterred »
Those of a nervous disposition look away now

COYR

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 04, 2021, 07:38:24 pm by normal rules »
Surprised no one has commented on the crowd. Just over 7000. They sold 3300. That’s a poor home attendance for fa cup rd 2 at £10.

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 04, 2021, 08:10:18 pm by DRCraig »
Painful viewing. Like the majority of the season has been.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 04, 2021, 08:21:54 pm by scawsby steve »
2 brilliant saves from Jones in there. I feel really sorry for the kid, having to play behind that defence every time he gets a chance.

What a w*nker the commentator was. Creaming himself every time Mansfield had the ball, subdued comments when Rovers scored.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 04, 2021, 08:26:59 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Credit to Horton. He made the run and gambled and it paid off, being found by Barlow from the cross. Imagine if he'd not made the run. Then Barlow would be looking at hitting the ball across the penalty area with no Rovers player in sight, as is usually the case.

Meaningless in the end though sadly but we need more of that gut busting to get on the end of things.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 04, 2021, 08:32:05 pm by eastender »
Surprised no one has commented on the crowd. Just over 7000. They sold 3300. That’s a poor home attendance for fa cup rd 2 at £10.

No way did they sell 3300, the away end doesn't hold that many. Plus there were a few empty seats near the west stand

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 04, 2021, 08:34:54 pm by drfchound »
I’m surprised that no one on this thread has asked why Cukur didn’t smash the ball with his left foot when six yards out instead of trying to turn onto his right and then losing the ball.
His first touch to create the shooting position was brilliant but the rest summed him up.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 04, 2021, 08:41:32 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I’m surprised that no one on this thread has asked why Cukur didn’t smash the ball with his left foot when six yards out instead of trying to turn onto his right and then losing the ball.
His first touch to create the shooting position was brilliant but the rest summed him up.

Yes. We were all mentioning the same thing in the ground at the time. Some may argue that it was due to a lack of confidence but my opinion is that he simply does not have the strikers instinct.

Any decent striker would have created the opening and then let fly. Not overcook it and try and beat another man. Why would he do that when he'd already turned the defender and made a perfectly decent shooting opportunity for himself. I'm totally at a loss as to why he did this.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 04, 2021, 08:42:02 pm by scawsby steve »

No way did they sell 3300, the away end doesn't hold that many. Plus there were a few empty seats near the west stand

A few who bought tickets might not have bothered because of the weather, hence the empty seats.

Also, I'm sure the away end does hold 3300.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 04, 2021, 08:43:11 pm by Filo »

Chocolate left foot perhaps?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 04, 2021, 10:48:09 pm by DonnyOsmond »
2 brilliant saves from Jones in there. I feel really sorry for the kid, having to play behind that defence every time he gets a chance.

What a w*nker the commentator was. Creaming himself every time Mansfield had the ball, subdued comments when Rovers scored.

Thought Jones was quality today. Could have potentially done more for the third but definitely kept the score down and there was nothing he could have done for the first two.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 04, 2021, 11:02:49 pm by 5minstogo »
He's improving with games. As is Horton. Hasani didn't do badly.in qn unfamiliar position and first half Ravenhill did nothing wrong.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 04, 2021, 11:24:35 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Credit to the Stags fans. Sounded like they enjoyed their day out judging on their forum comments and from what i saw during the match.

Impressive turnout and second half in particular i thought they rocked the place. Putting us dummies in our places. In some odd way i actually felt pleased for them as experiencing emotions and an atmosphere like that at our level is a very rare event indeed. Was a joy to see.

Shame about the melt who chucked the flare but of course, you always get some arsehole.

Fully merited win and a great day out for some at least.  :(

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 05, 2021, 10:23:56 am by ravenrover »
By all means mentiin Cuker for wimping out but what about the free header that Dodoo wimped out of 2nd half made next to no effort to get his head on it

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 05, 2021, 10:34:37 am by andyst79 »
Class free kick from Rowe

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 05, 2021, 11:33:10 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Class free kick from Rowe

The only way we were going to get back into the game yesterday sadly but yes, was a crisp strike and well worked.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 05, 2021, 11:35:57 am by Spud »
Two well worked goals for us but awful defending for their first, their third was a great goal, sorry but I actually applauded that.
Thought Louis had a great game too, definitely improving with experience.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 05, 2021, 11:42:44 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Yep. Louis did nothing wrong and made a great save. Pathetic defending from Knoyle for the second. Just gave their lad acres of space to pick out a cross and failed to close down. Basic stuff from a very disappointing player this season. Not much Louis can do when some of our defenders don't concentrate and have the desire to work hard.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 05, 2021, 01:03:38 pm by ravenrover »
Who was marking the lad at the far post for their 1st goal? Free header from the flick on

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 05, 2021, 05:54:13 pm by drfchound »
Agreed Raven but all goals are preventable aren’t they.
Who on the Mansfield side ran with Horton to stop him having a tap in.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 05, 2021, 06:08:39 pm by ravenrover »
We were talking about our marking Hound, or lack of it as it has been several times this season so far

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 05, 2021, 06:11:43 pm by drfchound »
Yeah, I know and I was very angry about that at the time.
We are shocking at defending balls into our box, especially at head height.
I always wonder whether supporters consider if our goals could have been prevented.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 05, 2021, 06:47:37 pm by BVB »
There were two quality seasoned professionals on the pitch yesterday.
For us, Tommy Rowe.
For Mansfield, Clough’s half time substitution bringing on Jason Bowery, who then changed the game in Mansfield’s favour.
His play down the left side of the pitch transformed Mansfield, from starting attacking moves to providing crosses from the byline - as our young lads struggled to keep in the game, he was the catalyst that won them the match.

Brilliant management by Clough.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 05, 2021, 07:34:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Who was marking the lad at the far post for their 1st goal? Free header from the flick on

Hasani I think but I'm not certain.

What I DO know is that if you made a compilation tape of all the goals we've conceded of that type (headers at the back post) it would...it would...ah f**k it I can't think of it funny. It would be quite a long tape.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 06, 2021, 07:19:40 pm by drfchound »
Mansfield at home to Middlesbrough in R3. At least they didn’t get the dream game.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 06, 2021, 08:33:33 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Mansfield at home to Middlesbrough in R3. At least they didn’t get the dream game.

Yep. Breathed a sigh of relief mesen when the Boro were pulled out. Got some Spireites friends though who are over the moon this evening.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 06, 2021, 09:40:24 pm by drfchound »

Yep. Breathed a sigh of relief mesen when the Boro were pulled out. Got some Spireites friends though who are over the moon this evening.

That draw should bring them in plenty of revenue.
Could be a real lifesaver for Chezzie.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 06, 2021, 09:45:53 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

That draw should bring them in plenty of revenue.
Could be a real lifesaver for Chezzie.

Yep. They are fan run now i believe after the deedah bloke Allen finally buggered off after leaving them in the shit.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 07, 2021, 09:22:13 am by Metalmicky »
Mansfield made the best goals round up.... along with mandy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59554030

TinyPortal © 2005-2012