Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 02:48:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mansfield Attendance  (Read 3757 times)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
Mansfield Attendance
« on December 05, 2021, 08:11:37 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Attendance yesterday was 7040 i believe with about 3300 Stags fans. So i make it around 1500 - 2000 regulars including ST holders who did not attend yesterday.

Their choice obviously and not having a pop but i find it odd why so many fans would just not bother going, especially as it was only a tenner to get in. I accept we are a dire side to watch at the moment but even so, a lot of the regular ST holders around me weren't there and i just wondered why people would stay away in such large numbers, especially given the low ticket prices.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Mansfield Attendance
« Reply #1 on December 05, 2021, 08:14:31 pm by scawsby steve »
Attendance yesterday was 7040 i believe with about 3300 Stags fans. So i make it around 1500 - 2000 regulars including ST holders who did not attend yesterday.

Their choice obviously and not having a pop but i find it odd why so many fans would just not bother going, especially as it was only a tenner to get in. I accept we are a dire side to watch at the moment but even so, a lot of the regular ST holders around me weren't there and i just wondered why people would stay away in such large numbers, especially given the low ticket prices.

Easy, mate; the weather, particularly for those of us without transport.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 05, 2021, 08:26:19 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
They should have built the Keepmoat our end of town shouldn't they Steve?  :scarf: :scarf:Best place for it!

Mind. The state of the A1 these days around Balby / Marr would make many want to stay at home.

Always have problems when going back to Scawsby from the midlands. I end up going through Sproggy village and Cusworth instead to avoid the traffic.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 05, 2021, 08:37:29 pm by bpoolrover »
While it is a tenner in of course there is other costs on top of that and let's be honest you could go any watch your local non league team and see better quality football, I have no problem watching us lose but for me a 250 mile round trip to see garbage isn't worth it really

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 05, 2021, 08:40:29 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
While it is a tenner in of course there is other costs on top of that and let's be honest you could go any watch your local non league team and see better quality football, I have no problem watching us lose but for me a 250 mile round trip to see garbage isn't worth it really

I get that BR but just say you were a ST holder (no idea if you are or not) but you would be there for the Shrewsbury game on Saturday when in all likelihood, the game is likely to be garbage too. Is it because ST's have already been paid for and thus people don't want to miss those games as they would feel that they are losing money?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 05, 2021, 08:46:35 pm by donnievic »
They should have built the Keepmoat our end of town shouldn't they Steve?  :scarf: :scarf:Best place for it!

Mind. The state of the A1 these days around Balby / Marr would make many want to stay at home.

Always have problems when going back to Scawsby from the midlands. I end up going through Sproggy village and Cusworth instead to avoid the traffic.
on a weekend nothing usually wrong with the a1 in that area,as for the crowds I have said it for years a lot of donny fans are fair weather and performance based no matter if even bring the prices down

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 05, 2021, 08:47:17 pm by scawsby steve »

I get that BR but just say you were a ST holder (no idea if you are or not) but you would be there for the Shrewsbury game on Saturday when in all likelihood, the game is likely to be garbage too. Is it because ST's have already been paid for and thus people don't want to miss those games as they would feel that they are losing money?

Not really, CDH. In fact, it goes even further for some of us without transport, because if the weather's terrible, and the game's on iFollow, then in effect we end up paying again for a game that we've already paid for.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 05, 2021, 09:01:59 pm by BVB »
It was a big winnable game for Mansfield, so much so that it brought out the sort of “plastic” fans for Mansfield that were slagged off on a previous post about Buxton and their “plastic fans - in the same way that thousands of “plastic” rovers fans went down to Arsenal for that big game (for Rovers) a few seasons ago.

Not a big game for dispirited Rovers fans (especially season ticket holders) who expected the defeat, with only half of season ticket holders who normally sit around me turning out.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 05, 2021, 09:14:00 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
It was a big winnable game for Mansfield, so much so that it brought out the sort of “plastic” fans for Mansfield that were slagged off on a previous post about Buxton and their “plastic fans - in the same way that thousands of “plastic” rovers fans went down to Arsenal for that big game (for Rovers) a few seasons ago.

Not a big game for dispirited Rovers fans (especially season ticket holders) who expected the defeat, with only half of season ticket holders who normally sit around me turning out.

I wouldn't say that the Mansfield fans on Saturday were half plastics. Mansfield is only down the road and it is perfectly feasible to expect that many of them travelling would be fans who usually go to home games at the Wonk anyway.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 05, 2021, 09:16:47 pm by Chris the Rover »
Illness reduced our normal family number attending from 3 to 1. Not everyone stayed away from the game through choice.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 05, 2021, 09:20:32 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Illness reduced our normal family number attending from 3 to 1. Not everyone stayed away from the game through choice.

Yes absolutely CTR. Many factors at play i guess.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 05, 2021, 09:27:04 pm by BVB »
In terms of results, just for balance and that we’re not the only ones to suffer this weekend:
Portsmouth 1 Harrogate 2
Ipswich 0 Barrow 0 (Cook Sacked)
Lincoln 0 Hartlepool 1
Salford 0 Spirites (inc Mandeville) 2

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 05, 2021, 09:30:13 pm by normal rules »
Weather, covid, predicted outcome all factors in low attendance.
Wait till tues night. Lowest home crowd for some time expected.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 05, 2021, 09:31:43 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
In terms of results, just for balance and that we’re not the only ones to suffer this weekend:
Portsmouth 1 Harrogate 2
Ipswich 0 Barrow 0 (Cook Sacked)
Lincoln 0 Hartlepool 1
Salford 0 Spirites (inc Mandeville) 2

The Salford result is the only one that wasn't a surprise to me really. Barrow getting a draw at Ipswich was certainly unexpected. Harrogate are a decent, well drilled side so their win at Pompey wasn't expected but not a huge shock.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 05, 2021, 09:33:25 pm by Padge_DRFC »

I wouldn't say that the Mansfield fans on Saturday were half plastics. Mansfield is only down the road and it is perfectly feasible to expect that many of them travelling would be fans who usually go to home games at the Wonk anyway.

They've never fetched more than 2000 before Saturday.

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 05, 2021, 09:34:50 pm by DRCraig »
I predicted lower than that tbh.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 05, 2021, 09:38:47 pm by mushRTID »
I was 50/50 about going.

Hungover from Friday night, freezing cold outside, then I saw the weak team announced at 2pm.

I went in the end but I couldn’t really be arsed given the state of us at the moment.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 05, 2021, 09:48:05 pm by The Beast »
I didn’t go yesterday, first home game I’d missed this season. Had agreed to go on a birthday beer up weeks ago before we qualified for the second round, when we got Mansfield was pretty gutted as sounded a tasty tie and at the time I was suffering from false optimism.
Even Friday night I was umming and ahing but I decided to not go as the birthdayee rang me and on the piss it was. I absolutely despise Mansfield, more so than any team with the exception of Leeds, their fans are vile! I knew we’d get beat after the debacles at Bolton, Burton, Crewe and I knew seeing their fans giving it the big un would just be too much to bear, I’d lose my shit and it would niggle me for weeks if not months. Not the right attitude and not that of a loyal supporter I know, just self preservation.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 05, 2021, 09:48:58 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

They've never fetched more than 2000 before Saturday.

Ah i see Padge. Thanks. Maybe BVB has a point then. Still find it odd why anyone would make a special effort to go to Doncaster away if they weren't going to go anyway. Not as if we are a Sheff Wednesday for example where you'd expect loads of extra Mansfield fans to come out of the woodwork for just the one game. Takes all sorts to create a world i guess.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 05, 2021, 10:47:12 pm by Retdon1 »
First home game I’ve missed all season, took 1 look out his window and saw it was chucking it down and thought no thanks, would rather stop in and watch West Ham vs Chelsea and then keep track of my bets with Soccer Sat. I have never felt this deflated and unmotivated to go to games as I do at the min. I probably won’t bother Tuesday night either. What’s the point. Same squad to pick from as Saturday vs a very good Oxford side. We will do well to keep it below 0-5

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 05, 2021, 11:06:10 pm by BVB »
First home game I’ve missed all season, took 1 look out his window and saw it was chucking it down and thought no thanks, would rather stop in and watch West Ham vs Chelsea and then keep track of my bets with Soccer Sat. I have never felt this deflated and unmotivated to go to games as I do at the min. I probably won’t bother Tuesday night either. What’s the point. Same squad to pick from as Saturday vs a very good Oxford side. We will do well to keep it below 0-5
Completely understandable Retdon.
But there is the nagging point that despite all, despite the current crap times, the less crap and the even great times, that our unforgiving loyalty won’t let us rest easy - the odds are stacked against but we just may, just may on Tues…

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 05, 2021, 11:35:11 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I'll be there on Tuesday. Wind and rain and with a chronic illness and won't get home until midnight.

Not asking for a medal. Just a f**king win and some entertainment would suffice Gary and the lads!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 06, 2021, 08:01:26 am by Padge_DRFC »
Donny away is seen as a decent away day by fans all over. People like the drinking in town and also our away end slash stewarding is one of the best.

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 06, 2021, 08:17:17 am by RoversDave »
Being a cup match you might get surrounded by all the moaning feckers on here. Just a thought.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 06, 2021, 08:38:08 am by Donnywolf »
I thought there were quite a few away fans in Ground though I didn't see any jumping up and down from them

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on December 06, 2021, 10:03:20 am by DearneValleyRover »
I didn’t go, last chance to see some of my family before Christmas, I will be there tomorrow even though I’m expecting the worst

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 06, 2021, 12:50:29 pm by roversdude »
To say there were so many Mansfield fans they weren’t that loud, surprised those banging on the advertisement boards weren’t moved back as they would have been blocking a walkway

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 06, 2021, 03:25:13 pm by ForsolongaRover »
If you look at the clubs in league 2, none are nearer than us, so the cheapest away day for them and (cynics might say) “next year’s local derby”.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 06, 2021, 03:32:56 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
If you look at the clubs in league 2, none are nearer than us, so the cheapest away day for them and (cynics might say) “next year’s local derby”.

Well Chesterfield will probably get promoted from the NL this season so that would be Chesterfield and Mansfield next season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 06, 2021, 04:20:05 pm by Campsall rover »
To say there were so many Mansfield fans they weren’t that loud, surprised those banging on the advertisement boards weren’t moved back as they would have been blocking a walkway
They woke up when they equalised. Before that they were pretty quiet imo.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012