Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 05:31:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If Bogle plays to tonight  (Read 3517 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
If Bogle plays to tonight
« on December 07, 2021, 08:08:36 am by Filo »
Lets not get on his back

We have more than our fair share of morons that will think its OK to jump on him from the off

It’s not OK, he and the team need all the encouragement and backing they can get, Bogle’s exile was the decision of a failed manager, remember that

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
Re: If Bogle plays to tonight
« Reply #1 on December 07, 2021, 08:24:50 am by 5minstogo »
After how many minutes is it acceptable to boo?

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 07, 2021, 08:30:17 am by Cramby10 »
Lets not get on his back

We have more than our fair share of morons that will think its OK to jump on him from the off

It’s not OK, he and the team need all the encouragement and backing they can get, Bogle’s exile was the decision of a failed manager, remember that
agree. But sadly there’ll be w*nkers a plenty gearing themselves up for it as we speak. Garbage like that helps no one and just drags us further into the gutter. Hope he bags a few myself.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 07, 2021, 09:49:27 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Lets not get on his back

If he contributes more than Dodoo, Hiwula and Cukur put together, which admittedly is very little, then maybe his inclusion would be warranted.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 07, 2021, 09:58:26 am by normal rules »
Lets not get on his back

If he contributes more than Dodoo, Hiwula and Cukur put together, which admittedly is very little, then maybe his inclusion would be warranted.

Let’s be honest, that won’t take much.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 07, 2021, 09:59:29 am by Metalmicky »
Lets not get on his back

agree. But sadly there’ll be w*nkers a plenty gearing themselves up for it as we speak. Garbage like that helps no one and just drags us further into the gutter. Hope he bags a few myself.

Steady now........ don't forget optimism is frowned on.  Although if he bags 'a few' I'll streak down our street...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 07, 2021, 10:01:06 am by drfchound »
LoL. Just in case, how many is a few MM.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 07, 2021, 10:11:50 am by Metalmicky »
I think anything over two and my kit is off....

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 07, 2021, 10:17:49 am by normal rules »
I am happy to admit I wanted bogle to go. For the sole reason is I supported RW at the time over the player. Players get far too much power in the game these days.
I thought it was right that he moved on, contract not withstanding of course.
His early performances for the club were poor.
That said. If he plays tonight and puts in a shift, then perhaps it’s time to reflect and reconsider.
We shall see. It’s up to him to prove himself. And he has no better opportunity than tonight.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 07, 2021, 10:36:43 am by Spud »
Is there anything to suggest he will play tonight or are we just speculating? Surely he can't be anywhere near match fit.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 07, 2021, 10:40:46 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Is there anything to suggest he will play tonight or are we just speculating? Surely he can't be anywhere near match fit.

Hiwula isn't though yet he plays. Heard Gary on the radio saying that Hiwula is gradually getting back to fitness but yet he keeps starting games and being left on when clearly he's not even in the game anymore. If we are to believe that Hiwula isn't fully fit then fine, but he needs to be managed better to get the most out of him for the benefit of the team.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 07, 2021, 10:50:30 am by normal rules »

I did not hear radio sheff but it has been said that bogle and Williams will feature in the squad in some form, bench ? Or did I imagine this ?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 07, 2021, 12:25:06 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Is it just me that thinks there is no reason to boo him?.
He is a player that the then manager decided wasn’t going to play. He did what was asked of him by training with the youth team.
I hope he comes in and scores a hatrick.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 07, 2021, 12:26:18 pm by phil old leake »
Filo I’m with you for the ones attending but how do you know his omission was management failure  have I missed something about what actually happened

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 07, 2021, 12:27:10 pm by phil old leake »
Sammy that would be brilliant if he did.  Here’s hoping

I’m not putting money on though

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 07, 2021, 12:34:28 pm by steve@dcfd »
I hope Bogle and Williams are involved tonight. But it doesn’t takeaway from what was said in the summer. You must get two players out of the club before you can get anymore in. If they are under contract that is a hard thing to do. So why does the hierarchy say that if they want to stay the club can’t do anything unless they pay them up.
Richie made the decision they were the two and they didn’t go. If the CEO didnt agree with their exclusion as he is paying them why didn’t he say so.

That’s gone now let’s hope if they play they can produce something.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 07, 2021, 12:40:28 pm by RugbyRover »
If he plays tonight and puts a real shift in we'll have to applaud the fantastic man management of Ritchie Wellens.

Gave Bogle a tremendous boot up the backside and it'll have worked wonders.

;)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 07, 2021, 12:42:16 pm by Pancho Regan »
If the CEO didnt agree with their exclusion as he is paying them why didn’t he say so.

Is that a serious question?
You're suggesting that Gavin should have publicly disagreed with the manager if he wasn't happy about these two players being left out?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 07, 2021, 12:44:24 pm by albie »
Rovers will only free up funds if they agree to move in the January transfer window.

Paying up their contracts does not add to the budget, unless they took a partial settlement.
I don't see why they would, I certainly would not.

They have a chance to wipe the slate clean with a new manager.
I hope that they take it.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 07, 2021, 12:55:16 pm by Fal »
If Bogle has any sense about him, he will use this opportunity to prove a point to the previous regime and aswell to the fans.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 07, 2021, 01:05:55 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Lets not get on his back

Don't mean to jinx it, but I honestly think he could turn up tonight and do something worthwhile.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 07, 2021, 01:16:51 pm by BobG »
SoundBite: I hope, like hell, that you are spot on with that. But it smells suspiciously like the triumph of optimism over experience doesn't it...?

BobG

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 07, 2021, 01:24:46 pm by steve@dcfd »
If the CEO didnt agree with their exclusion as he is paying them why didn’t he say so.

You're suggesting that Gavin should have publicly disagreed with the manager if he wasn't happy about these two players being left out?

Pancho where did I say publicly surety before that decision was made a discussion with the CEO should have been had. Privately of course. We don’t know a probably won’t know whether it was agreed to take the action or he was just allowed to do it. But when you are paying wages then words should have been said from the CEO  to manager.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 07, 2021, 01:32:16 pm by Filo »
Filo I’m with you for the ones attending but how do you know his omission was management failure  have I missed something about what actually happened

I didn’t say the Bogle situation was management failure, I said Wellens was a failed manager

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 07, 2021, 01:32:47 pm by Donnyjim »
...Essentially means - that we should have got rid of Wellens months ago.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 07, 2021, 01:32:58 pm by NickDRFC »

Pancho where did I say publicly surety before that decision was made a discussion with the CEO should have been had. Privately of course. We don’t know a probably won’t know whether it was agreed to take the action or he was just allowed to do it. But when you are paying wages then words should have been said from the CEO  to manager.

The CEO employs the manager to manage the squad and pick the team. If he doesn’t like what he’s doing, he can sack him. He should never, ever interfere in playing matters, though.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 07, 2021, 01:45:18 pm by steve@dcfd »
Nick we should not be in that world we’re the CEO and manager should not talk about anything until it’s to late that’s  not a good club  management structure. If Gavin believed the Bogle and Williams situation was not being handled correctly he should have had a word with Richie otherwise it looks like he agreed.
It not about picking the team it’s about two players that were selected to leave to gain funds being brushed aside because they chose to stay. As I’ve said Richie was told two players had to go to bring in more funds.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 01:50:42 pm by steve@dcfd »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 07, 2021, 01:49:34 pm by DonnyOsmond »

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 07, 2021, 03:16:06 pm by StocksArmy »
So its ok for Hiwula, Dodoo and Cukur to receive dogs abuse for producing jack but Bogle is innocent for his forgotten performances because he was demoted to the youth team? Poor him. I have zero sympathy for Bogle or any of the squad. If he features tonight he needs to do his job and work hard. His exile, the fans and the other 3 strikers not producing is irrelevant and that goes for the whole team. If they dont run and fight for every ball they all should be booed.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 07, 2021, 03:43:10 pm by BVB »
And should be applauded and supported if they do.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012