Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 08:57:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Lincoln City game  (Read 3441 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the Lincoln City game
« on December 12, 2021, 03:07:54 pm by selby »
  So we meet an old foe once again, and very rarely are the games meaningless with seemingly always something extra to the games for one side or the other, play off places relegation and promotion all being part of how the games have been played out in the past.
  This game is no exception especially after yesterdays boost of getting a win under our belts to aid our cause in our scrap at the bottom of the league, the main question can we repeat the performance and come away with a result and get some more points under our belt.
  Last year we were completely outplayed and got a result, hopefully the gods will shine on us again, we might need them to.
  While we were getting the win we craved Saturday Lincoln were drawing at Cheltenham who were aided by a late equaliser by Matty Blair well into injury time, although Lincoln had dominated the game with 61% possession and two goals by Teddy Bishop a player like Bridcutt we will have to deal with and keep quiet.
  Like ourselves Lincoln lost quite a few of their better players this season as the returned to their parent clubs at the end of last season after successful loans, and the replacements have not performed quite as well this term, with the club turning in some cases to nurturing their own youngsters and have built a good junior academy.
 They are currently themselves five games without a win  and are five points and five places above us at the moment so it is a big game for us and can result in bringing another team into a relegation scrap with all that it entails nerves shredded and general unrest in the supporters.
  It's another week when we may be able to get more used to the style of McSheffrey and Sinclair on the training ground which is starting to show through, or will we break all existing records and actually have a new manager altogether in charge?
  Just as many questions to ask about the off field situation as the actual football side this week.
 So, are we likely to have some more walking wounded ready for next weekend?
 Would you change things if they are?
 Who will be in charge?
 Would you change that after the win yesterday?
 Are you going to the game?
 Will the new Covid situation dissuade you from going?
 If the board have settled on a new man at the helm, is there a good time to put him in charge?
  Lots to discuss about this game on and off the field of play, please have your say.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Lincoln City game
« Reply #1 on December 12, 2021, 04:16:52 pm by since-1969 »
Good game to watch on Saturday with both sides not wanting to give an inch to other .   Lincoln now ,  is an opportunity to perhaps to start picking up points away from home . Already there is a more cohesive look in the way Rovers are playing under McSheffrey. He seems to have got the younger players looking for each other and running into space with a purpose . If Dodoo would take on the challenge and make a nuisance of himself more up front , things may just change for him as well .

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 12, 2021, 04:45:28 pm by Colin C No.3 »
The ‘boys’ have a belief going into this game that their win on Saturday has given them.

Grit, belief, trust in your fellow members in the team can get you a result no one saw possible.

We certainly showed plenty of grit against Shrewsbury & I think the win will have added some belief. Enough to get us a result?

A clean sheet first & foremost then…..who knows.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 12, 2021, 05:00:00 pm by Lincoln Rover »
The small but very loyal Lincoln branch can’t wait for this game. RTID

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 12, 2021, 05:06:04 pm by roversdude »
Steady on 1969 that was almost positive lol
Hopefully no injuries from yesterday and Close should be back, not heard anything about Bogle and why he was missing.
Always a good atmosphere at Sincil Bank when we go there, we’ve been on the wrong end of some terrible decisions over there.
Think we need to kick on again if we are to come away with anything on Saturday

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 12, 2021, 05:10:50 pm by sha66y »
Tough game, but not unwinable 
Another McSheffery magic moment…who knows?

We could win this on adrenaline alone, but I’ll hasten to add that a draw would be a great result and anything more a Xmas present

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 12, 2021, 06:08:44 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Got a feeling that we can get our first league win on the road this season. Especially now Galbraith is still available. Lincoln are a shadow of what they once were and in poor form. We can and need to take full advantage.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 12, 2021, 06:49:41 pm by Chris Black come back »
We’ve got a full clear week until the Lincoln game. You would hope that Ben Close is back. Gone a bit quiet on Taylor but he isn’t yet in long term injured category I don’t think.

Probably start with this if Close is back:

Jones

Horton
Anderson
Olowu
Knoyle

Galbraith
Smith
Close

Rowe
Dodoo
Hiwula

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 12, 2021, 06:58:33 pm by Alan Southstand »
Taylor is in the indefinite category!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 12, 2021, 07:37:32 pm by Jonathan »
We’ve got a full clear week until the Lincoln game. You would hope that Ben Close is back. Gone a bit quiet on Taylor but he isn’t yet in long term injured category I don’t think.

Probably start with this if Close is back:

Jones

Horton
Anderson
Olowu
Knoyle

Galbraith
Smith
Close

Rowe
Dodoo
Hiwula

It starts to become a stronger looking team doesn’t it. Sadly it’s been all to rare that we’ve been able to field that kind of lineup this season.

It still needs strengthening for sure, but at least it feels more competitive.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 12, 2021, 08:56:59 pm by roversdude »
Taylor is in the indefinite category!

Not convinced we will see him this season, really hope I’m wrong but the problem seems much deeper seated

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 12, 2021, 11:52:11 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Do the Imps fans still have that bloody awful air raid siren every time they get a corner?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 13, 2021, 12:00:57 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It’s a winnable game, but the team has to be prepared to work hard and stay in the game as they have recently. Lincoln are a decent ,solid team, technically I think we have better players. I fancy a win.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 13, 2021, 12:03:24 am by Draytonian III »
Do the Imps fans still have that bloody awful air raid siren every time they get a corner?

Yes

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 14, 2021, 11:47:09 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Anyone know if South Common is still open for parking? Albeit it will be a bit of a quagmire.

Where else can you park near the ground if not, as i've always parked at South Common.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 14, 2021, 12:07:48 pm by Lincoln Rover »
South Common IS open at the mo. It’s a £5. Hope this helps.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 14, 2021, 12:09:24 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
South Common IS open at the mo. It’s a £5. Hope this helps.

Cheers LR.  :thumbsup:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 14, 2021, 12:14:35 pm by roversdude »
Is that the best place to park guys please

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 14, 2021, 12:24:01 pm by donnievic »
Sure there is plenty of street parking

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 14, 2021, 12:50:19 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Boys & gals, those attending & hoping for street parking I add the local knowledge comment…
There’s loads of streets around the ground but they are generally very congested with loads of one way restrictions. Can I suggest the car parks on Chaplin St or South Common. Both are around just over a five minute walk to the ground.
The Imps have a “ fan zone” & it’s very friendly.
We will be in the Stacey West stand which is behind a goal. The catering inside is basic.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 14, 2021, 12:59:10 pm by 5minstogo »
Food sounds better than a home game.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 14, 2021, 01:02:04 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Thanks Lincoln Rover.

I know Lincoln quite well as i went to Uni there about 10 years ago although mostly at Riseholme campus. Had lectures at Brayford campus too but not often and used to park in Lucy Tower. Not really familiar with the area around the ground though other than South Common so i think i'll head there as early as poss as it is likely to get rammed.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 14, 2021, 01:14:27 pm by Lincoln Rover »
CDH.
Their fan base has started waning with poor results. Parking should be easier.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 14, 2021, 01:22:16 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
CDH.
Their fan base has started waning with poor results. Parking should be easier.

That should help. Last time i went was with an Exeter fan friend a few years ago when the Cowleys managed Lincoln and they were pretty much selling out every week so that's why i remember it being busy.

Yep. Two crap sides the week before Christmas. Not likely to be a crowd puller.  :lol:

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 14, 2021, 01:27:07 pm by Lincoln Rover »
I hoping to take my DRFC Lincoln branch flag to the game. Should get a few tongues wagging

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 14, 2021, 01:33:21 pm by normal rules »
Imps v rovers always pulls a crowd. It will be busy.
Their trouble makers will be out in force also.
There will be incidents on the high street no doubt.
Pubs to avoid on the high st. The Shakespeare. The millers arms . The anchor. The ritz ( Wetherspoons)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 14, 2021, 01:43:28 pm by Metalmicky »
Are away fans required to show jab certs or LFT...?  I know they are reducing the available attendance to below 10k to make sure they don't have to do it for home fans, but not sure if away fans require it...?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 14, 2021, 01:59:46 pm by roversdude »
South Common is only book in advance at https://www.eticketing.co.uk/imps/Events?preFilter=14

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 14, 2021, 02:24:21 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
A tough game but one that’s defo winnable with them not being on the best of form and our recent record against them is very good (we have won 6 and drew 1 of our last 7 games against them). The squad is starting to look a lot better with us actually having options off the bench to make an impact now and the young lads especially performing and gaining more confidence each game, with McSheffrey having confidence in the young lads, shown by Hasani starting the last 3 games and Ravenhill getting game time and being brought on in the last 10 minutes on Saturday, something which not many managers tend to do when trying to see out a lead but McSheffrey isn’t scared to give them game time and has faith in them.

Hopefully Close is back but even if he is I don’t think he will start, especially after him getting injured again at Burton after coming back too soon, same with Bogle.

From our next 5 games I think we need to be looking at getting at least 8 points (Lincoln away, Sunderland home, Cambridge away, Morecambe away, Fleetwood home) and starting with a result against Lincoln would be good to carry on the momentum into the vital Christmas period.

Jones

Knoyle Anderson Olowu Horton

Galbraith smith

Barlow Rowe Hiwula

Dodoo

Subs
Dahlberg
Blythe
Hasani
Ravenhill
Close
Bogle
Cukur/Williams

Rovers4Ever2012

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 14, 2021, 02:26:36 pm by Rovers4Ever2012 »
Pubs to avoid on the high st. The Shakespeare. The millers arms . The anchor. The ritz ( Wetherspoons)

Any recommended pubs please to visit when arriving by train?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012