Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 10:15:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Can’t wait for Johnson to go.  (Read 2834 times)

belton rover

• Forum Member
Can’t wait for Johnson to go.
« on December 19, 2021, 07:54:17 pm by belton rover »
It will be nice to see everyone on here finally get behind the government.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Re: Can’t wait for Johnson to go.
« Reply #1 on December 19, 2021, 08:10:30 pm by tyke1962 »

If you can give me personally something to go on and that's minus Johnson I'd be happy to oblige .

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 19, 2021, 08:17:47 pm by belton rover »
Just that it seems Johnson, as a pathological liar who doesn’t give a shit about anyone but himself, is the problem. With him gone, surely we’ll be OK?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 19, 2021, 08:23:16 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The real problem is that Johnson isn't the only problem.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 19, 2021, 08:24:11 pm by DonnyOsmond »

I don't think you can ever expect people of a left wing ideology to support a right wing government.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 19, 2021, 08:28:53 pm by tyke1962 »
Just that it seems Johnson, as a pathological liar who doesn’t give a shit about anyone but himself, is the problem. With him gone, surely we’ll be OK?

I'm happy to play Belton even though I suspect you are looking for bites .

I'm happy to play because I'm hardly the tribal Labour supporter you'd normally come across on this forum .

This Tory government is as dead as the Turkey I'll be tucking in to on Xmas day .

They aren't getting out of this one anytime soon .

If Labour and the Dems are smart the Tories won't see power for a good while and they could potentially put them out of business for good .

I did say smart but none the less in my opinion the Tories are proper fecked .

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 19, 2021, 08:29:49 pm by belton rover »
That’s disappointing to hear. I was just coming to terms with Johnson being the problem but now you are saying that’s not the case.

He may as well keep going then. Better the devil you know.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 19, 2021, 08:34:41 pm by belton rover »

I'm happy to play because I'm hardly the tribal Labour supporter you'd normally come across on this forum .

This Tory government is as dead as the Turkey I'll be tucking in to on Xmas day .

If Labour and the Dems are smart the Tories won't see power for a good while and they could potentially put them out of business for good .

I’m not looking for bites, Tyke. Just, perhaps, a bit of honesty.

In terms of being fecked, it’s not the Tories who are fecked. It’s you and me - left, right and centre.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 19, 2021, 08:36:20 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
That’s disappointing to hear. I was just coming to terms with Johnson being the problem but now you are saying that’s not the case.

He may as well keep going then. Better the devil you know.

He's the immediate problem.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 19, 2021, 08:42:07 pm by drfchound »
I suppose then tyke that if Labour win the next GE that covid will be defeated, the NHS will have too many hospitals and their staff will all be on a minimum of fifty grand a year.
No one will be allowed to keep the family home after the death of the older people who lived there because it will be sold and the money will go into a community fund for all to use.
Pensioners will have to pay so much tax that it will be more than they receive every four weeks (that will teach them to have savings).
Anyone who rents property will have to hand it over to the government who will in turn let someone live in it rent free (as long as they promise to vote for them in the next few GEs).

Utopia for some I guess.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 19, 2021, 08:47:45 pm by wilts rover »
Wondered how long it would be for someone to turn a thread about the Tory party into an anti-Labour one.

9 posts - well done hound

I'll bring your prize of a copy of the Communist Manifesto to the next home match

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 19, 2021, 08:53:51 pm by belton rover »
Wilts. I saw Hound’s post as a direct response to Tyke’s scenario of life where the Tories don’t exist anymore.
I may well be wrong.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 19, 2021, 08:56:39 pm by tyke1962 »

I’m not looking for bites, Tyke. Just, perhaps, a bit of honesty.

In terms of being fecked, it’s not the Tories who are fecked. It’s you and me - left, right and centre.

The real clue was that a seat who voted 60% to leave the EU and has voted Tory for 200 years was lost by the government .

You cannot simply put that down to some mid term protest vote because it goes way way more deeper than that .

You lose a seat with those kind of demographics in your favour then you are fecked in my opinion .

There is no baton to pass to in the Tory ranks , the safe pair of hands , the moderate the John Major or May .

The baton will be handed to the ERG or the Unchained Britannia mob .

Proper fecked this time .

They own the complete shyte show and this time there's nobody they can pin the blame on and make it stick .

I'm heartened that the arrogant centre of the Labour Party are going to have to accept their own position and climb in to bed and compromise with the Dems in order to get over the line .

Fetching down a peg or two works for me in a weird way and I'll vote for that rather than one of the two party's as separate entities .

It's weird I know but that's where I'm at .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 19, 2021, 08:58:57 pm by drfchound »
Wilts. I saw Hound’s post as a direct response to Tyke’s scenario of life where the Tories don’t exist anymore.
I may well be wrong.

Exactly Belton, which is why it began with a reference to “tyke”.
I was just summarising some of the things that SOME Labour fanboys had berated the Tories for and kind of turned it around a little.

Wilts, it isn’t unusual though for threads to go off course is it, specially when so many posters on here are fairly politically biased.
What makes you think my post was anti Labour?
It was a party political broadcast.
Cheers for the points (posts) though, I would hope Rovers can pick up
as many through January.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 09:04:59 pm by drfchound »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 19, 2021, 09:24:43 pm by tyke1962 »
I may well be wrong.

Exactly Belton, which is why it began with a reference to “tyke”.
I was just summarising some of the things that SOME Labour fanboys had berated the Tories for and kind of turned it around a little.

Wilts, it isn’t unusual though for threads to go off course is it, specially when so many posters on here are fairly politically biased.
What makes you think my post was anti Labour?
It was a party political broadcast.
Cheers for the points (posts) though, I would hope Rovers can pick up
as many through January.

Hound a Labour - Dems coalition offers at least some safe hands rather than the fruit cakes in government today .

Will they tackle the wider issues that interest me the most , possibly not .

Safe and centre is what it says on the tin , nowt going on here then .

Its actually the Tories of today who are the extremist and historically not me mind is what generally people tend to like in this country .

It's not necessarily what's needed but more a case of what they like which is two different things .

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 19, 2021, 09:28:24 pm by wilts rover »
'What makes you think my post was anti-Labour'

errr I read it!

All good fun tho hound.

I dont have a great deal to say on the actual topic other than Johnson is a symptom rather than the cause. The revolution always eats its own.

Yes hopeful of a few points in January. Things can change just as quickly in football as they can in politics.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 19, 2021, 09:41:08 pm by drfchound »
'What makes you think my post was anti-Labour'

errr I read it!

All good fun tho hound.

I dont have a great deal to say on the actual topic other than Johnson is a symptom rather than the cause. The revolution always eats its own.

Yes hopeful of a few points in January. Things can change just as quickly in football as they can in politics.

This forum is still missing a tongue in cheek emoji wilts.
I could have used it after my “anti Labour” question couldn't I.
I have no argument that Boris is past his sell by date and I have already said I think he will be gone very soon.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 19, 2021, 10:15:17 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Johnson will go I always said he would. That isn't because he's a complete idiot, he isn't, he is just too complacent to control every element that is required when you make so many enemies.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 19, 2021, 10:59:56 pm by SydneyRover »
Johnson will go I always said he would. That isn't because he's a complete idiot, he isn't, he is just too complacent to control every element that is required when you make so many enemies.

No, but his skills lie far away from politics, acting? comedy? farce? raising money for good causes, he'd be very good at that .... instead of losing money on bad ones.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 19, 2021, 11:49:22 pm by tyke1962 »

No, but his skills lie far away from politics, acting? comedy? farce? raising money for good causes, he'd be very good at that .... instead of losing money on bad ones.

There was nothing more than comedy gold than fat ass Thornberry discussing Labour's Brexit position in September of 2019 on question time .

Cringworthy was kind .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 20, 2021, 02:43:05 am by Campsall rover »
Wondered how long it would be for someone to turn a thread about the Tory party into an anti-Labour one.

I'll bring your prize of a copy of the Communist Manifesto to the next home match
Come on Wilts what sort of country will we have then with this Labour Party in charge.
You think things are bad now. Careful for what you wish for.

If Boris goes there goes Labour’s chance in the next GE.   I would have thought they will want to keep him in power.
Anyway the vast majority of Tory voters that don’t vote Tory next time will vote Liberal or for other parties. Less than 10% who switch will imo will vote for Labour. Starmer has not impressed has he and Corbyn’s legacy still hangs in the air.
Hung parliament at best for Labour next time although Rishi Sunak or whoever is leader might surprise a few and be more popular than Boris.

Don’t forget that Shropshire north vote this week will look very different in a GE.
It was simply a massive protest vote and a warning to Boris and his party to get their act together.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 20, 2021, 06:55:53 am by SydneyRover »

Come on Wilts what sort of country will we have then with this Labour Party in charge.
You think things are bad now. Careful for what you wish for.

If Boris goes there goes Labour’s chance in the next GE.   I would have thought they will want to keep him in power.
Anyway the vast majority of Tory voters that don’t vote Tory next time will vote Liberal or for other parties. Less than 10% who switch will imo will vote for Labour. Starmer has not impressed has he and Corbyn’s legacy still hangs in the air.
Hung parliament at best for Labour next time although Rishi Sunak or whoever is leader might surprise a few and be more popular than Boris.

Don’t forget that Shropshire north vote this week will look very different in a GE.
It was simply a massive protest vote and a warning to Boris and his party to get their act together.

If that was possible they would have probably done directly after all those that died after the appalling first response to covid wouldn't you think CR?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 20, 2021, 08:15:54 am by Axholme Lion »

I don't think you can ever expect people of a left wing ideology to support a right wing government.

What right wing government? Do you mean the bunch of red tories currently in power?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 20, 2021, 08:32:33 am by DonnyOsmond »

What right wing government? Do you mean the bunch of red tories currently in power?

How did you come to that conclusion?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 20, 2021, 08:56:31 am by wilts rover »

The ones; ruling over the lowest sick pay in Europe, discussing ways of drowning people in the Channel, about to pass laws banning protests, allowing the dumping of raw sewage in rivers and off beaches and just come back from undocumented meetings with US healthcare bosses to sell off the NHS to them.

Says a lot more about far-right you are than where they are.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 20, 2021, 10:36:04 am by Axholme Lion »

Where's the Conservatism? We voted Conservative and got Labour. Starmer seems happy to support their every move.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 20, 2021, 10:50:16 am by tyke1962 »
Generally speaking when the Tories have nobody to attatch the blame to and make it stick then they turn on each other and Tory civil wars are both brutal and spectacular .

The moderates will at some point want to regain control of the Party from the ERG and Britannia Unchained mob and back to low taxation .

There's also the small matter of the Red Wall Tory MP's who are nervously looking at the polls and likely to be out of work in a couple of years .

Looking for someone to replace Johnson and find a winning hand at the ballot box would to a certain extent hold the factions together but that looks a particularly tall order right now .

The rats are already leaving the sinking ship because if anyone believes Frosty resigned because of Covid measures on Saturday night then you'll believe anything in my opinion .

I'm at this moment in time not entirely convinced the ERG will do the natural default position of the Tory and rally round to support whoever just as long as it keeps them in power .

I think Mogg and co could proper take their bats and balls home if there's the slightest watering down of Brexit .

I really don't see anyone in the Tory ranks capable or even strong enough to take them on and put them back in their box .

There's no Thatcher's in that government that I do know .

They look proper screwed to me .

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 20, 2021, 11:06:34 am by tyke1962 »

Where's the Conservatism? We voted Conservative and got Labour. Starmer seems happy to support their every move.

Despite my criticism of Starmer and Labour that seems to be working to his advantage in all fairness .

I'm happy to admit I may have underestimated the Labour leader and his long game ploy of letting Johnson and his party eat one another alive and may well bear fruit .

The skills learned in the courtroom seem to be at play here .

Working with the government in the national interest whilst retaining credibility only for the government to keep fecking themselves up appears to be paying dividends .

It's certainly nothing he's proposed mind but none the less .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 20, 2021, 11:28:49 am by SydneyRover »
never interrupt your enemy .......................

Napoleon

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 20, 2021, 11:37:12 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
But ultimately labour will eventually need policies and profile on themselves and that's where the view changes. What will they go for on brexit? What taxes will they propose? etc etc. That's where it becomes tough. And all that is assuming no labour scandal at any point and there will be one there always is something.

It'd easy to say things without actually getting off the fence. Look at Rachel reeves interview this morning. Asked if she backed tighter restrictions her answer was she wanted the government to do what is necessary to protect families at Christmas.  That didn't answer the question.  Quite the right strategy but at some point they have to show they can make decisions quickly.  They want to show they'd be government they need to say what they would do at that time or the hindsight thing does get through.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012