Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 05:07:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Team  (Read 7501 times)

goalkick

• Forum Member
Re: Team
« Reply #90 on December 27, 2021, 02:03:08 pm by goalkick »
Thought they were unlucky not to be awarded another penalty.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on December 27, 2021, 02:04:55 pm by Dutch Uncle »
In all honesty we need 8/9 new players

Would Okenabirhie, Taylor, John, Bostock, Anderson, Seaman, Galbraith count as any of those 8 or 9?
What don’t u understand about new

I was being facetious.

How many players do we want. Those 7 would probably all make the starting 11. We need more than 2/3 but not as many as 8/9 IMHO. Give me 4 of real quality rather 8/9 not any better than those 7 and I will be happy.

Agree with this.
how many that have started today would start in your 1st 11

Rowe, Olowu, Jones and possibly Knoyle

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on December 27, 2021, 02:05:18 pm by ChrisBx »
It's difficult to say which area of the team is weakest currently. I really do feel for the young players having been thrown in when they're clearly not ready. It's only made harder for them when there's a complete lack of experience throughout the squad.

Dodoo and Hiwula contribute very little considering they're two of our more experienced players.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on December 27, 2021, 02:05:45 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Thought they were unlucky not to be awarded another penalty.

That was a stonewaller indeed

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on December 27, 2021, 02:07:02 pm by keith79 »
How many would you be happy if they started on the bench. Thinking that they would change a game if they came on?

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on December 27, 2021, 02:09:11 pm by Upton Rover »
Happy to see that Sunderland never really got into 4th gear because if they did it could have been a real thumping

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on December 27, 2021, 02:09:15 pm by colincramb »
How is graham younger still in a job?

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on December 27, 2021, 02:10:33 pm by StocksArmy »
I just hope some of these signings lined up have been done already and are ours for the Morcambe game. I am cofident we would lose every game in this league with this team.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on December 27, 2021, 02:12:08 pm by Northants Nomad »
Happy to see that Sunderland never really got into 4th gear because if they did it could have been a real thumping
4th? They've not got into second. Never needed to.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on December 27, 2021, 02:13:49 pm by Upton Rover »
4th? They've not got into second. Never needed to.
true

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on December 27, 2021, 02:15:01 pm by Donnybax »
I wonder how today’s team would fair in the conference. It would certainly struggle in league 2

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on December 27, 2021, 02:18:39 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Better second half, given as much as they can. It’s the ability of the other side that’s just much better than we are. This needs to be a game we look back on where we say, that’s where it got better.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on December 27, 2021, 02:19:29 pm by bpoolrover »
I wonder how today’s team would fair in the conference. It would certainly struggle in league 2
depends on what team it was, if the younger players were on the bench we might do ok

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on December 27, 2021, 02:22:46 pm by Metalmicky »
10,751 attendance - shame that the performance wasn't great....

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on December 27, 2021, 02:26:30 pm by sha66y »
Lot of anger on here today….. you are aware that Sunderland have a better squad, more funds and are sat in 2nd place……. and we have a boat load of injuries and issues….. it’s a no brainer to think we would lose today, sit back , chill out and enjoy the ride forcryingoutloud!

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on December 27, 2021, 02:30:12 pm by Northants Nomad »
Lot of anger on here today….. you are aware that Sunderland have a better squad, more funds and are sat in 2nd place……. and we have a boat load of injuries and issues….. it’s a no brainer to think we would lose today, sit back , chill out and enjoy the ride forcryingoutloud!

Spot on sha66y. We know we're shockingly bad this season with some bad signings, and then to have a million injuries/illnesses means there was only ever going to be one outcome today against a strong team playing at the top of their form.

MagicMartinoWoods

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on December 27, 2021, 02:31:36 pm by MagicMartinoWoods »

I think you are misunderstanding people's sentiments. No one expected a win. It's the nature of not even being able compete, and the game literally looking like a cup game between a league one team and another at least two divisions below

MagicMartinoWoods

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on December 27, 2021, 02:32:53 pm by MagicMartinoWoods »
That and it's more about people continuing to express confusion, disbelief, and despair at how far the team have dropped from this time last year

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on December 27, 2021, 02:33:20 pm by tyke1962 »
Plenty of young lads in that Sunderland team but the difference is they had the likes of Pritchard , Gooch , Flanagan and Bailey Wright around them who are all decent players at league one level , to be honest Pritchard is way way above league one level .

One hell of a job in January to recruit  the players who can pull you to safety but not impossible either .

Getting players to come in January given the league position won't be easy either .

Some seasons you just know you aren't getting out of it and I feel the same with our lot and I suspect many of you have the same feeling too .

Sometimes the drop to a lower level can be the making of you and you come back with some momentum .

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on December 27, 2021, 02:33:49 pm by normal rules »
Why the f*ck haven't we postponed it?

Money.  I cynically pointed this out pre match. A game we could not afford to postpone.
Biggest gate receipt and in from of sky. They would have had the u17’s out if they had to.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on December 27, 2021, 02:35:52 pm by normal rules »
What a mess Wellens has created.

The mess started before RW

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on December 27, 2021, 02:36:29 pm by Frankie Rennie »

I agree Sha66y, you can’t compete with this Sunderland side with the current team and it showed today. You need to get the manager side sorted asap and hopefully bring in a bit of quality in the window, certainly up top where you just look bereft of threat. All that said, you don’t have to compete with the Sunderland’s, just pick up enough points from those around you. We’re only half way through the season so there’s still plenty of time to recover. As I’ve said on here before, we (Bolton) were 20th in L2 this time last year but after making 4 or 5 quality signings were a different team in the second half of the season. Keep chins up and I wish you the best for the remainder of the season, except against Wanderers of course!!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on December 27, 2021, 02:36:47 pm by Copps is Magic »
If we 'played better' in the 2nd half it was like a faint in-print on snowy driveway, to use a Christmas metaphor.

Sunderland stopped playing, and by 10 minutes into the second half started taking their best players off to rest them.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on December 27, 2021, 02:41:40 pm by Alan Southstand »
There is no way this Board will stump up for quality signings - that opportunity was in the summer!

We are clearly nowhere near league 1 standard.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on December 27, 2021, 02:42:32 pm by normal rules »
This thread topic is misleading.

As a noun “group of players forming one side in a competitive game or sport.”
Then I can agree with.

But as a verb,  “come together as a team to achieve a common goal.
Then it’s a no no no.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on December 27, 2021, 02:46:43 pm by steve@dcfd »
I just hope some of these signings lined up have been done already and are ours for the Morcambe game. I am cofident we would lose every game in this league with this team.
According to Liam he believes that new players cannot be registered till the 4th. He was checking

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on December 27, 2021, 02:47:50 pm by normal rules »
How can we have players lined up when  We don’t even have a manger appointed?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on December 27, 2021, 02:49:45 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Morecambe and Fleetwood are massive games for us. After that we have Wigan, MK Dons, Plymouth, Rotherham, Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth and Wednesday.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on December 27, 2021, 02:49:52 pm by steve@dcfd »
For how far depleted the team is Williams still can’t get on the pitch

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on December 27, 2021, 02:50:21 pm by DonnyOsmond »
How can we have players lined up when  We don’t even have a manger appointed?

Because we have a guy who's head of recruitment here?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012