Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 03:38:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: FFS Announce the new manager  (Read 13388 times)

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
Re: FFS Announce the new manager
« Reply #120 on December 28, 2021, 06:13:30 pm by ChrisBx »
Liam Hoden has tweeted that the board made a decision 5 days ago, however met again today to discuss whether all board members remained happy with the decision.

This really has been poorly managed.

Maybe, just maybe, he was wrong the first time? not everything he says is gospel.

If it makes you feel better..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on December 28, 2021, 06:16:21 pm by NickDRFC »
We won’t be relegated this year. I can guarantee you that.

I love your optimism, PDX, but what is it based on? We don't know who the new manager is yet, or what players he's bringing in.

I don't envy him.

Probably based on the fact that there are only 3 days left of this year and relegation is decided in 2022.

Rosey

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on December 28, 2021, 06:18:11 pm by Rosey »
 :evil:
100% correct

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on December 28, 2021, 06:18:38 pm by Batleyred »
Liam Hoden has tweeted that the board made a decision 5 days ago, however met again today to discuss whether all board members remained happy with the decision.

Poorly managed not I’d say. If they have changed their minds shows they were unsure possibly and if not all good.

Welling Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on December 28, 2021, 06:18:52 pm by Welling Rover »
He tweeted today that the board was meeting today and speaking to the candidates after the meeting which implies a decision was not made 5 days ago !!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on December 28, 2021, 06:21:34 pm by PDX_Rover »

I love your optimism, PDX, but what is it based on? We don't know who the new manager is yet, or what players he's bringing in.

I don't envy him.

Probably based on the fact that there are only 3 days left of this year and relegation is decided in 2022.

Exactly Nick.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on December 28, 2021, 06:21:43 pm by scawsby steve »

I don't envy him.

Wow. I missed that. I'm standing at the back of the room now, with a pointed hat on.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on December 28, 2021, 06:31:42 pm by Metalmicky »
This protracted manager appointment scheme is starting to get on people's t*ts now.  TBH it's the same with the announcements of new signings.... always drawn out -  with the message that they are trying to get it over the line..... etc etc.  IMO, we could perhaps do with a different tune..... just my opinion. 

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on December 28, 2021, 06:32:43 pm by Campsall rover »

I don't envy him.

Wow. I missed that. I'm standing at the back of the room now, with a pointed hat on.
Pay attention SS

To be perfectly honest I missed that as well.   ;)

I am just doing my 100 lines right now.  :crying:

kirk

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on December 28, 2021, 06:36:32 pm by kirk »

And what odds are you offering

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on December 28, 2021, 06:38:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
This protracted manager appointment scheme is starting to get on people's t*ts now.  TBH it's the same with the announcements of new signings.... always drawn out -  with the message that they are trying to get it over the line..... etc etc.  IMO, we could perhaps do with a different tune..... just my opinion. 

Yep, we shouldn't bother teasing with any announcements at all until the deed is done. That'd stop the whinging. :silly:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on December 28, 2021, 06:40:09 pm by scawsby steve »

Kirk, you've been had, same as me and Camps.

We're all going to have to write 100 lines.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on December 28, 2021, 06:40:52 pm by Metalmicky »

Yep, we shouldn't bother teasing with any announcements at all until the deed is done. That'd stop the whinging. :silly:

I'd be happy with that.....

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on December 28, 2021, 06:54:41 pm by i_ateallthepies »

That surely is the clearest pointer yet that they were giving it to GM, and not entirely wholehearted in the decision, otherwise as has been said previously why delay if GM was the choice?

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on December 28, 2021, 07:02:59 pm by roversontheup »

That surely is the clearest pointer yet that they were giving it to GM, and not entirely wholehearted in the decision, otherwise as has been said previously why delay if GM was the choice?

I can’t see any mention that today’s meeting was to check the board members  were still happy with decision. Have you got a link to that?

kirk

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on December 28, 2021, 07:20:02 pm by kirk »
Is anyone truly shocked by how they go about appointing a new manager, and we are going to get someone who is already at the club ??

If you have faith in him, appoint him straight away

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on December 28, 2021, 07:36:21 pm by normal rules »
It’s unbelievable that a third tier footy club faffs around like they do with appointments, like they are some global, blue chip, white collar, multi billion pound company.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on December 28, 2021, 07:41:41 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

It's the clearest pointer yet that Hoden's talking b*llocks.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on December 28, 2021, 07:44:05 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
It’s unbelievable that a third tier footy club faffs around like they do with appointments, like they are some global, blue chip, white collar, multi billion pound company.

Let's drag in the nearest passer-by and give him the job. That'd be quick and you never know, we might just strike lucky.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on December 28, 2021, 07:48:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If the new manager knows, why else does it matter?

Don't give a flying f*ck when they choose to announce it.

Only thing then is for everyone to move on to talking b*llocks about transfers and budgets.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on December 28, 2021, 07:49:38 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If the new manager knows, why else does it matter?

Don't give a flying f*ck when they choose to announce it.

Only thing then is for everyone to move on to talking b*llocks about transfers and budgets.

But that'd mean missing out the 'it's the cheap option' b*llocks and I can't see that happening.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on December 28, 2021, 07:56:12 pm by normal rules »

Let's drag in the nearest passer-by and give him the job. That'd be quick and you never know, we might just strike lucky.

Or we could just continue  with the cronyism by giving another person connected to the club the job.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on December 28, 2021, 08:05:37 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
This is what happens when people let rumour become fact in their head.  There's been no confirmation or word on anything people are talking about except a wish to have it done before Christmas which it hasn't been.  If it's not done before the next game I'll be very surprised but I do think people taking rumours and making them fact is a little silly.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on December 28, 2021, 08:06:57 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/latest-on-doncaster-rovers-manager-search-3506620

Here's the article again from last week. I can't see anything yet that suggests Hoden was wrong with his expectation of events.

Make a brew and have a mince pie.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on December 28, 2021, 09:31:24 pm by MachoMadness »
I read it that the discussion today was just informing the candidates. I'd be surprised if the announcement wasn't tomorrow. Still 2 weeks too late imo though.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on December 28, 2021, 09:45:20 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Whoosh!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on December 28, 2021, 09:51:42 pm by RoversAlias »

Or we could just continue  with the cronyism by giving another person connected to the club the job.

That isn't cronyism, at all. We also haven't appointed a permanent manager from within the club since Dave Penney got the job almost 20 years ago.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on December 28, 2021, 10:17:17 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Sounds like more lies. Same old same old. Still a non league team off the field.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on December 28, 2021, 11:04:36 pm by PDX_Rover »

100,000,000/1

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on December 28, 2021, 11:05:40 pm by normal rules »

That isn't cronyism, at all. We also haven't appointed a permanent manager from within the club since Dave Penney got the job almost 20 years ago.

I was referring to Wellens, an ex player with reasonakdy fresh links to the club and board.
Butler to an extent. When Moore left we should have recruited a manager then. Not someone with previous club links.
And what could be GM.
Once I can accept.
Twice is more than coincidence.
If GM is appointed that seals it.
Familiarity breeds contempt.
Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 11:09:41 pm by normal rules »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012