Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 09:37:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No criticism allowed  (Read 3602 times)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
No criticism allowed
« on December 29, 2021, 11:00:47 am by EasyforDennis »
The more I read some posters comments on here I am convinced certain posters would be happy if the board appointed Mickey Mouse as manager with Goofy as his assistant.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BVB

• VSC Member
Re: No criticism allowed
« Reply #1 on December 29, 2021, 11:07:32 am by BVB »
The more I read some posters comments on here I am convinced certain posters would be unhappy if the board appointed God
as manager with Jesus as his assistant.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 29, 2021, 11:10:49 am by DonnyOsmond »
Criticism is allowed, most sane people on here openly criticise our player recruitment, the catering, etc. However, why criticise an appointment process for appointing the manager who came across the best overall in comparison to his counterparts. Maybe the people who appointed McCann from obscurity know more than EasyForDennis knows about football managers.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 29, 2021, 11:13:33 am by IDM »
The more I read some posters comments on here I am convinced certain posters would be happy if the board appointed Mickey Mouse as manager with Goofy as his assistant.

Depends on whether or not you applied.?

Sorry I couldn’t resist, but it’s a pointless thread arguing about having different opinions.

Everyone can have a different opinion and that is welcome.  But it’s better when those opinions are reasoned and interpretations of factual events rather than pure speculation often fuelled by bile and a willingness to argue for the sake of it.?

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 29, 2021, 11:17:33 am by Fal »

That is why I rarely post on this forum in the many years I’ve been a member. Whereas Twitter and Facebook have the young immature responses to everything, on here it’s “im right your wrong “ attitude from the older population. The constant sarcasm in their posts, I’m for all discussion and debate but unless you go along with the consensus of a number of posters you get looked down on.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 29, 2021, 11:23:43 am by Campsall rover »
Seriously shocked you did not get the assistant managers job.
Upton as manager and 1969 as DoF

Now that would have been fun. I know you 3 have got seriously deep pockets a huge football knowledge and years and years of management experience.

Oh while we are at it let’s make D E in Y fitness coach.

Yes sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.   :chair:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 29, 2021, 11:24:44 am by Filo »
The more I read some posters comments on here I am convinced certain posters would be unhappy if the board appointed God

Well Jesus would only be around untill Easter anyway :)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 29, 2021, 11:25:45 am by Jonathan »

Tbf we need someone with more experience than God. Someone like Nigel Adkins.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 29, 2021, 11:28:44 am by EasyforDennis »
Did I post that I didn't agree with GM's appointment?  NO.
It seems that the yes men are just proving my point however.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 29, 2021, 11:29:27 am by EasyforDennis »

Mentor??

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 29, 2021, 11:30:51 am by Jonathan »

Mentor??

Nigel Adkins doesn’t have the experience to mentor God. That role is made for Mick McCarthy. 

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 29, 2021, 11:34:23 am by RobTheRover »

That is why I rarely post on this forum in the many years I’ve been a member. Whereas Twitter and Facebook have the young immature responses to everything, on here it’s “im right your wrong “ attitude from the older population. The constant sarcasm in their posts, I’m for all discussion and debate but unless you go along with the consensus of a number of posters you get looked down on.

I disagree, Fal.

This place is FAR more accepting of alternative views as long as you can be arsed to construct them properly. The twitter and Facebook pages are all "there shit" (sic) or "he's w**k".  Pointless ejections at the extrmeties of their ability.

The bigger problem is people don't listen to what other people say or are willing to change their view once it's set. We become entrenched in our positions and that's not just here, it's happening everywhere. Social media has eroded discussions to binary choices. For or against 100% for life.  But life isn't like that. There are a million shades of grey in between that are getting lost.

Take Wellens. I loved him as a player and wanted him to succeed but knew from day 1 he wouldn't. He was the wrong appointment, but still I backed him right up to the point I couldn't any more.  He could surely see what I could see and wasn't addressing the issues. Wellens was the embodiment of that 100% binary view. I'm right, you're not. Bogle? Freeze him out, I'll play Cukur who is unfit and not ready for the rigours of League 1. Tommy Rowe? Best player we've got, so left back it is, even though we are lightweight in midfield.

I'm certainly more optimistic about Gary McSheffrey doing well for us.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 29, 2021, 11:38:08 am by BVB »

Everyone has an opinion and the right to post.
Just like to think that we can rise above the level of “debate” seen on Twitter etc and also rise above “indignant of Bawtry” type- responses on the forum which tend to be angry, opinionated rants rather than reasoned, rational and factually-supported posts.

Happy to be provided with a reasoned, rational alternative view.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 29, 2021, 11:39:56 am by BVB »
Did I post that I didn't agree with GM's appointment?  NO.
It seems that the yes men are just proving my point however.
Perhaps you were just being sarcastic EfD.
Who’s to know.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 29, 2021, 11:40:28 am by Chris Black come back »
Sad for those people expecting Steve McLaren, Chris Hughton or Mick McCarthy.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 29, 2021, 11:41:16 am by RobTheRover »
Sad for those people expecting Steve McLaren, Chris Hughton or Mick McCarthy.

Bravo Sir. Bravo.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 29, 2021, 11:47:58 am by donnievic »
I’m not sure who I wanted to get the managers job and there would of only been a handful I wouldn’t want to have got it and none of those did,so Gary Mac gets my full support like those before him,no one can work wonders with the players he has to pick from at the minute through the injuries and covid with have had all season.just need to see who gets brought in next month and I must be one of a few that still think we have a chance of stopping up

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 29, 2021, 11:58:50 am by RobTheRover »
I’m not sure who I wanted to get the managers job and there would of only been a handful I wouldn’t want to have got it and none of those did,so Gary Mac gets my full support like those before him,no one can work wonders with the players he has to pick from at the minute through the injuries and covid with have had all season.just need to see who gets brought in next month and I must be one of a few that still think we have a chance of stopping up

We absolutely can stop up, Vic. I don't get why so many seem to have thrown in the towel. We're half way through the season with a transfer window to come. Recruit the right 4 or 5 players and we can absolutely stay up.

A different scenario and a world away in terms of squad quality and performance, but does anyone remember where we were at Christmas in the Championship the first season under SOD?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 29, 2021, 12:00:43 pm by Filo »

We absolutely can stop up, Vic. I don't get why so many seem to have thrown in the towel. We're half way through the season with a transfer window to come. Recruit the right 4 or 5 players and we can absolutely stay up.

A different scenario and a world away in terms of squad quality and performance, but does anyone remember where we were at Christmas in the Championship the first season under SOD?

I remember where I was on boxing day :)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 29, 2021, 12:02:10 pm by RobTheRover »

I remember where I was on boxing day :)

Indeed.

kirk

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 29, 2021, 12:07:30 pm by kirk »

Stopping up is all down to how much the board back the manger, I am willing to give my full support to GM.

The board however are the ones who need to accept full responsibility for where we are Today

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 29, 2021, 12:07:46 pm by IDM »
Much as I wouldn’t like to put a negative slant on that argument, in the first half of the 2008/9 season we had played some exceptionally good football just couldn’t buy a result - until that game at Forest..

But this is league one.  4/24 or one in six clubs will be relegated at the end of the season.  Or statistically, we should get relegated once every 6 seasons and promoted once every eight.  Of course, football doesn’t work like that!

We can be 20th best and stay up - a few successful signings and some of our injuries clearing up will give us a chance..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 29, 2021, 12:08:42 pm by IDM »

Stopping up is all down to how much the board back the manger, I am willing to give my full support to GM.

The board however are the ones who need to accept full responsibility for where we are Today

I take it it was the board who knobbled 7, 8, 9 first team players then.?

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 29, 2021, 12:09:20 pm by anton123 »
have you not watched the last few GM interviews ? he believes we are 1 or 2 short from having a competitive squad . that quote alone probably got him the job lol   

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 29, 2021, 12:10:37 pm by steve@dcfd »

With 24 games left we need a minimum of 33 to 36 pts in that period we must be aiming to win at least 10/12 games. It will all depend on players.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 29, 2021, 12:11:29 pm by anton123 »

no but they knew we was short last window and did not act

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 29, 2021, 12:11:42 pm by Janso »
For me it's just the constant negativity of the same people who you know you'll only ever see when there's a loss or another opportunity to stick the boot in. A sizeable minority just wait around sharpening their knives for the next chance to have a dig needlessly. You just know you're going to hear that shite "netto" song the second we concede, and I particularly like when people sing "support the team, not the regime" before going on to tell "the team" they're shit.

We had people saying we're a joke of a club for having barcoded STs but then people manually scanning on the turnstiles - then, guess what? that's what's been happening most places!

Criticise all you want if it's justified but the constant toxic endless bitching and whining of a chunk of our fan base at any given moment is soul destroying.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 29, 2021, 12:14:28 pm by Filo »
have you not watched the last few GM interviews ? he believes we are 1 or 2 short from having a competitive squad . that quote alone probably got him the job lol   

It’s a figure of speech without putting a precise number there for people like you to jump on, you should n’t take everything literally

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 29, 2021, 12:17:14 pm by steve@dcfd »

It was the board who selected RW who majority on here believe was the wrong manager who brought in the wrong players, not the recruitment team. Or was it that we had 7/8/9 players injured and unavailable. Those players are still injured talking to them nicely won’t improve their injuries.
The board, recruitment team, medical and physio staff and RW have blame in varying degrees. Appointing GMC won’t suddenly take all that away.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 29, 2021, 12:17:32 pm by IDM »

no but they knew we was short last window and did not act

Short on numbers, if all players were fit?  Debatable.

Short on quality, yes, but isn’t that where the line between manager and board sits? 

If I give you all my money for the week and trust you to go and buy food to feed the family but you return with 200 fags and a bundle of jazz mags, who’s to blame when my kids go hungry.?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012