Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 11:10:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Incomings ??  (Read 18062 times)

David Pearson

• Forum Member
Re: Incomings ??
« Reply #150 on January 03, 2022, 04:27:16 pm by David Pearson »
Gary McSheffrey says there are no imminent signings due in for Doncaster Rovers. DFP
So where are the players that supposedly the club had lined up?.....How many times do we hear this from the club and then it's a last minute rush at the end of each transfer window.....We get all this talk from the club....Its all it ever is.....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on January 03, 2022, 04:32:16 pm by foxbat »
maybe a couple have had second  thoughts after yesterday.

David Pearson

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on January 03, 2022, 04:41:22 pm by David Pearson »
maybe a couple have had second  thoughts after yesterday.
We get talk from the club about players lined up and the club talking to this player and that player and as soon as the transfer window opens the manager comes along and says no incoming imminent....Of course the window has only justed opened but regarding any players coming in, I won't hold my breath...

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on January 03, 2022, 04:49:34 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Same old same old.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on January 03, 2022, 05:00:19 pm by mpc123 »
Maybe they have chosen another club rather than us

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on January 03, 2022, 05:07:03 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Chris Brown - Free
Jamie McCombe - Free
Rob Jones - Free
Luke McCullough - Free
Paul Quinn - Free
Mark Duffy - Free
Dave Syers - Free
Gary Woods - Free
Martin Woods - Free
David Cotterill - Free
Paul Keegan - Undisclosed
Billy Paynter - Undisclosed

Don’t tell me there aren’t players ‘out there today’ with some of the mettle the players I’ve listed above (the majority of who won us promotion back into The Championship for the second time), that we couldn’t identify & bring into the club now in order to get us out of this mess.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on January 03, 2022, 05:11:27 pm by EasyforDennis »
The one thing that is painfully obvious is. The fact that we need a good PR Manager. With all the crap, lies, and general rank amateurism we are an embarrasment. Did I miss the appointment of Gerald Ratner as the new chairman?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on January 03, 2022, 05:18:25 pm by scawsby steve »
Chris Brown - Free
Jamie McCombe - Free
Rob Jones - Free
Luke McCullough - Free
Paul Quinn - Free
Mark Duffy - Free
Dave Syers - Free
Gary Woods - Free
Martin Woods - Free
David Cotterill - Free
Paul Keegan - Undisclosed
Billy Paynter - Undisclosed

Don’t tell me there aren’t players ‘out there today’ with some of the mettle the players I’ve listed above (the majority of who won us promotion back into The Championship for the second time), that we couldn’t identify & bring into the club now in order to get us out of this mess.

Colin, I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure someone said that the players budget for that season was huge.

We wouldn't be able to afford those kind of players now.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on January 03, 2022, 05:23:38 pm by Chris Black come back »
It was huge. In 2012/13 our budget was £7m on turnover of £5.2m, leaving a massive shortfall for the owners to fill.

By comparison, the following season in the Championship our budget was almost exactly the same at £7.3m but on massively increased turnover of £8.7m.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 05:27:29 pm by Chris Black come back »

David Pearson

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on January 03, 2022, 05:24:54 pm by David Pearson »
There will be a lot of capable players out there looking for their next club, but in all honesty, would any half decent player would opt to sign for the rovers right now...I can understand how difficult it must be to get players in..but looking at yesterday's performance and the clubs present predicament, it won't be easy to attract players to sign for Doncaster Rovers right now...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on January 03, 2022, 05:25:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Ben Close, Jordan Hiwula  Tommy Rowe, Ro Shaun Williams, Kyle Knoyle all signed fairly early in the summer transfer window but don't let that get in the way of a conspiracy.

There aren't many clubs who get all their business done early in the transfer window although, our needs are obvious at the moment.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on January 03, 2022, 05:34:00 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
We can’t expect to do well when the club has got so much wrong, first half of the season . Usually if you see you’ve made mistakes you can rectify them but contracts have been signed and have to be honoured, unless you can offload players but if you try to and nobody wants them, then you have more players who will do nothing for you.

The situation we are in was far too complicated for an inexperienced manager to come into. I feel for him because he has a situation that isn’t easy to rectify as Wellens found out.
The board appointed him they must support him with new signings, otherwise we are down it’s that simple.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on January 03, 2022, 05:53:03 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
There will be a lot of capable players out there looking for their next club, but in all honesty, would any half decent player would opt to sign for the rovers right now...I can understand how difficult it must be to get players in..but looking at yesterday's performance and the clubs present predicament, it won't be easy to attract players to sign for Doncaster Rovers right now...

Well, that's a very effective way of saying that any players who do come in must be shit before they've even pulled the shirt on. Well done.

David Pearson

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on January 03, 2022, 06:05:51 pm by David Pearson »

Well, that's a very effective way of saying that any players who do come in must be shit before they've even pulled the shirt on. Well done.

David Pearson

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on January 03, 2022, 06:09:00 pm by David Pearson »
The club need to recruit well then ...Mcsheffrey has got a difficult task in attracting good players to the club in its present predicament

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on January 03, 2022, 06:16:14 pm by Plumbster »
I am noticing another poster who is fond of using…… liberally between….phrases; it’s bad enough having to put up with Shaggy!!

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on January 03, 2022, 06:19:45 pm by ChrisBx »
Why did SM state we had 4 signings to announce?

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on January 03, 2022, 06:48:19 pm by bigbadjack »
Maybe we have got 4 lined up ready to announce but they might not be ready until towards the end of the month, after yesterday’s debacle I think GMC will be looking at players that are available now rather than waiting

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on January 03, 2022, 07:00:39 pm by normal rules »

Because that is what he would have been told by those in charge.
It may have been an accurate statement at the time, but things change .

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on January 03, 2022, 07:09:27 pm by MachoMadness »
He was probably told so by someone at the club. Don't shoot the messenger, shoot whoever keeps hanging the poor bloke out to dry.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on January 03, 2022, 07:23:10 pm by roversdude »
He was probably told so by someone at the club. Don't shoot the messenger, shoot whoever keeps hanging the poor bloke out to dry.

Really - I think that does SM a huge discredit
Even GMc says that first choices may be a wait guess that’s why he’s looking further down the list

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on January 03, 2022, 11:31:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Presumably because that's the case. What I think a lot of people were assuming is that they're going to be unveiled as soon as Big Ben struck twelve.

Has ANYONE said when in the transfer window any announcements are going to be made?

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on January 04, 2022, 12:03:14 am by Drover »
The one thing that is painfully obvious is. The fact that we need a good PR Manager. With all the crap, lies, and general rank amateurism we are an embarrasment. Did I miss the appointment of Gerald Ratner as the new chairman?
We could do with a JR type,whatever some people think,he was really good at selling the club to players.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on January 04, 2022, 01:10:18 am by ChrisBx »

Presumably because that's the case. What I think a lot of people were assuming is that they're going to be unveiled as soon as Big Ben struck twelve.

Has ANYONE said when in the transfer window any announcements are going to be made?

I don't think it takes much insight to say that signings will be announced at some point this month.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on January 04, 2022, 01:37:30 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It shouldn’t all be necessarily done in the first week, but I thought that the situation we are in would have led to targets being talked to weeks ago. The manager though he hasn’t been officially in the post a long time, he has had the caretaker role for a good few games.

I hope I’m wrong but it seems to me the club are stringing it out until we have no time left and it becomes ‘It’s always difficult in the January window, we couldn’t get deals over the line!.
If that becomes the case the club will lose far more money by inaction than signing players.
The supporters of our club are patient and have been for some while. We don’t expect Ronaldo or Messi. Just the idea that the board has a plan and that some good experienced players come in to give us a chance.
You can’t write seasons off and accept relegations. We have an opportunity now to stop the rot. I would urge them please take it.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on January 04, 2022, 07:34:23 am by NickDRFC »

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=283416.msg1120704#msg1120704

“ Players have been identified and 4 were spoken to today. Hopefully they will sign and be ready to go on January 4th which is the first available date”

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on January 04, 2022, 08:22:00 am by sha66y »
I am noticing another poster who is fond of using…… liberally between….phrases; it’s bad enough having to put up with Shaggy!!

I am only here to maintain the status quo!
A true fan that supports the club through thick and thin ……..at the moment it’s thin and I’m here fully supporting them…..unlike those that say it but don’t mean it!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on January 04, 2022, 09:08:55 am by Campsall rover »
Maybe we have got 4 lined up ready to announce but they might not be ready until towards the end of the month, after yesterday’s debacle I think GMC will be looking at players that are available now rather than waiting
No he didn’t. He said he hoped to sign 4 players. There is a difference.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on January 04, 2022, 09:20:22 am by Arsenal Of The North »
Anyone know when the loan players will be told if they are staying/going back? Vilcar has already been confirmed but no news (good or bad) on smith, galbraith, Tiago and dahlberg.

Would expect an announcement one way or another before fleetwood on them?

KC_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on January 04, 2022, 09:41:22 am by KC_DRFC »
No he didn’t. He said he hoped to sign 4 players. There is a difference.

"And as I mentioned the other day we’ve reached agreement with 4 players and should announce shortly"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012