Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 01:11:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Incomings ??  (Read 18111 times)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Incomings ??
« Reply #30 on January 02, 2022, 05:33:54 pm by since-1969 »
Official now , we are the worst team in the entire EFL , Gavin Baldwin you must be so proud !!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 02, 2022, 05:38:17 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
We need an ugly ,gnarled ,toothless centre half and rat that chases crisp packets in midfield.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 02, 2022, 05:39:59 pm by glosterred »
Official now , we are the worst team in the entire EFL , Gavin Baldwin you must be so proud !!

It’s got nothing to do with Baldwin, it is the previous 2 managers who have recruited poorly. And before you go on about he’s responsible for this and that, the managers have got the players they wanted. Blame them not Baldwin

COYR

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 02, 2022, 05:40:51 pm by ChrisBx »

It’s got nothing to do with Baldwin, it is the previous 2 managers who have recruited poorly. And before you go on about he’s responsible for this and that, the managers have got the players they wanted. Blame them not Baldwin

COYR

There should be a structure in place to prevent what you've described.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 02, 2022, 05:42:51 pm by PDX_Rover »
We’re absolutely desperate for more quality and experience. We got an all too brief glimpse of what we can do today, then got forced into three subs and the lack of quality on the bench became glaringly obvious. What followed was genuinely painful and it’s hard to muster the hope after that.

Take the emotion out of it and we’ve still got half a season to make a fight of it. But we need to bring in some quality without delay. We need to see it happen now.

Spot on. I can understand the meltdown after that second half but Jesus, perspective is a wonderful thing.

The people who believe the club is being intentionally mismanaged from the top… come on… let’s be realistic. Why would you invest upwards of £15-20 million in something and intentionally f**k it up? Ridiculous.

2021 has been a rough year for Rovers. And yes, that defeat today hurts… To be 3 up and allow them back into it hurts. It shows the passion we have as supporters that we all hurt and are angry.

BUT…

There’s hope in there. There’s the nucleus. Don’t forget we had 9 players out. And limited depth of backups.

Today was about game management and depth of quality. Both can be rectified in short order.

We have to keep faith and keep going.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 02, 2022, 05:43:11 pm by glosterred »

COYR

You’re right there should be

COYR

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 02, 2022, 05:47:34 pm by ChrisBx »

COYR

You’re right there should be

COYR

Therefore it's reasonable to have expected the board to implement this. It's been obvious for a number of years now.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 02, 2022, 05:51:31 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Was hoping that structure was closer to been implemented but it looks like GMc is just calling his mate. This is where the board frustrate me sometimes i don't want them out of anything but they've identified the problem it was talked about at the meet the owners event and then we just carry on as usual and we just continue on the downwards slope that started when GM left

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 02, 2022, 05:55:31 pm by Fal »

COYR

So it’s not the boards fault for not providing funds to these managers to sign decent league one players not players that nobody wants?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 02, 2022, 06:02:01 pm by Padge_DRFC »
4 excellent league 1 players would keep us up. Look at today. Bogle and Gardner are average league 1 players. They went off to be replaced by unibond standard players in terms of Ravenhill and Dodoo. Up to then we were excellent.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 02, 2022, 06:08:30 pm by glosterred »

COYR

So it’s not the boards fault for not providing funds to these managers to sign decent league one players not players that nobody wants?

The board put their trust in the manager to sign players, they gave them funds to do this, the managers got the players they wanted. We’d all like bigger budgets for the manager but a some stage you have to say, this is what you’ve got work with it. And I believe both the last two managers have been happy to do this. If they then sign players that aren’t good enough, that’s the managers fault not the boards.

COYR

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 02, 2022, 06:10:20 pm by normal rules »
I know and said that but they’ve got loan player ready. By Tuesday we need some of the players we are bringing in ready to go if they are going to know their team members and training before. Saturday.
I know and said that but they’ve got loan player ready. By Tuesday we need some of the players we are bringing in ready to go if they are going to know their team members and training before. Saturday.

And as I mentioned the other day we’ve reached agreement with 4 players and should announce shortly.

I hope they have good stats when it comes to injuries. Or lack of should I say.
We need no more players to fill the treatment room.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 02, 2022, 06:10:52 pm by since-1969 »

COYR
Why NOT Baldwin .. he’s the voice of the board , he’s the voice we heard when it was said that we were NOT in a relegation fight. We don’t hear eff all from any one else !

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 02, 2022, 06:12:14 pm by Retdon1 »
You a doc then Sedward?

Cheers

BobG

No are you? Please offer your help to the club if you are.

I don't see many other clubs having players out with mystery injuries that consistently get worse after the 1st diagnosis. As was said in a thread the other day getting injuries is unlucky then the process to get players back on the pitch is in our own hands. As bad as we'e been on the pitch we have also been as bad at getting players fit. Something which needs looking at

I’ve been saying this for weeks, our physio/medical department need replacing ASAP. I know for a fact our physio is reknown for being absolutely useless. He was only brought in as he was a friend of McCaN.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 02, 2022, 06:12:34 pm by Filo »

And as I mentioned the other day we’ve reached agreement with 4 players and should announce shortly.

I hope they have good stats when it comes to injuries. Or lack of should I say.
We need no more players to fill the treatment room.

Rumour has it we are having a pop up Nightingale treatment room in the Cantley Park car park
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 06:14:54 pm by Filo »

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 02, 2022, 06:14:55 pm by Padge_DRFC »
You a doc then Sedward?

Cheers

BobG

I don't see many other clubs having players out with mystery injuries that consistently get worse after the 1st diagnosis. As was said in a thread the other day getting injuries is unlucky then the process to get players back on the pitch is in our own hands. As bad as we'e been on the pitch we have also been as bad at getting players fit. Something which needs looking at

I’ve been saying this for weeks, our physio/medical department need replacing ASAP. I know for a fact our physio is reknown for being absolutely useless. He was only brought in as he was a friend of McCaN.

Gardener has his arm in a sling tonight after the stamp on his Achilles

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 02, 2022, 06:18:56 pm by Filo »
You a doc then Sedward?

Cheers

BobG

Strange one, as he deffo got his achilles stamped on

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 02, 2022, 06:19:13 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

COYR

The board put their trust in the manager to sign players, they gave them funds to do this, the managers got the players they wanted. We’d all like bigger budgets for the manager but a some stage you have to say, this is what you’ve got work with it. And I believe both the last two managers have been happy to do this. If they then sign players that aren’t good enough, that’s the managers fault not the boards.

COYR

I agree with this in general.

But if at work you constantly fail eventually it becomes your boss who is responsible for his employees actions. This is the case with the board now. Ok they don't really have any accountability been that they pay the bills but eventually we can't keep saying it's the managers fault. That said i don't have the solution just think we can't say its all Wellens fault or any manager we've had.

At some point we have to look at the quality of the manager, recruitment team, medical team etc and say do they keep failing (despite several changes in personnel). And at that point ask do the board delegate to the right people? undoubtedly we are funded well enough to be at least mid table. But are we appointing the quality of staff to achieve this... Maybe the board need to up their salary for certain roles to attract a better quality which they can delegate to. In the long run that's a lot cheaper than pumping in 500k in Jan every other year because we go from one disaster to another

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 02, 2022, 06:27:43 pm by steve@dcfd »
If
We had no players injured then the budget can come into the equation but we have players that would be playing every week. With those players in the side we would be 14th. But we haven’t yes Dodoo and Hiwula have been poor. But if Taylor and Okenbirhie had been fit we wouldn’t have Dodoo risky signing.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 02, 2022, 06:41:02 pm by DonnyOsmond »

COYR

COYR

I agree with this in general.

But if at work you constantly fail eventually it becomes your boss who is responsible for his employees actions. This is the case with the board now. Ok they don't really have any accountability been that they pay the bills but eventually we can't keep saying it's the managers fault. That said i don't have the solution just think we can't say its all Wellens fault or any manager we've had.

At some point we have to look at the quality of the manager, recruitment team, medical team etc and say do they keep failing (despite several changes in personnel). And at that point ask do the board delegate to the right people? undoubtedly we are funded well enough to be at least mid table. But are we appointing the quality of staff to achieve this... Maybe the board need to up their salary for certain roles to attract a better quality which they can delegate to. In the long run that's a lot cheaper than pumping in 500k in Jan every other year because we go from one disaster to another

Agree. Good staff would get extra percentages out of this team but what we have currently, maybe only in specific roles is causing a detriment to the team and results. Having the right backroom staff would save the owners money in the long run so it's frustrating watching how it's run.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 02, 2022, 06:42:50 pm by DonnyOsmond »
If
We had no players injured then the budget can come into the equation but we have players that would be playing every week. With those players in the side we would be 14th. But we haven’t yes Dodoo and Hiwula have been poor. But if Taylor and Okenbirhie had been fit we wouldn’t have Dodoo risky signing.

We have the 14th placed budget but teams under achieve and over achieve. We're not guaranteed to finish there if we're tactically poor, if recruitment is poor, if managers are told players will be available for the wrong date, if set pieces are coached poorly, etc.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 02, 2022, 06:47:29 pm by Padge_DRFC »
You a doc then Sedward?

Cheers

BobG

Wooosh

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 02, 2022, 06:52:31 pm by Filo »
You a doc then Sedward?

Cheers

BobG

Wooosh

I’m getting old, I get it in the end

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 02, 2022, 06:54:46 pm by Metalmicky »

They better be worldies or this forum will melt.... I'm personally devastated with the wilt displayed by our 'players' today - I hope they are ashamed of that shambles.  I feel sorry for you having to represent the club on a day like this....   

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 02, 2022, 06:56:43 pm by normal rules »
4 excellent league 1 players would keep us up. Look at today. Bogle and Gardner are average league 1 players. They went off to be replaced by unibond standard players in terms of Ravenhill and Dodoo. Up to then we were excellent.

Can anyone name 4 excellent lge one standard players that are:
A.available
B.affordable
C. of the right position
And if the three above conditions are met,
D. willing to come to such a shit show that is drfc currently.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 02, 2022, 06:57:06 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
When things continually go badly in a company or football club, and the same mistakes are made, this tells me there are people appointed way above their station and a culture of brown nosing.

Telling the boss he’s doing it right instead of saying, Look mate I know I’m below you in the pecking order but things aren’t being done right. I do think our club is full of those type of people who are making decisions that are costing us.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 02, 2022, 06:57:17 pm by silent majority »

They better be worldies or this forum will melt.... I'm personally devastated with the wilt displayed by our 'players' today - I hope they are ashamed of that shambles.  I feel sorry for you having to represent the club on a day like this....   

Sarcasm eh….

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 02, 2022, 06:59:07 pm by Metalmicky »

Sarcasm eh….

I wish - I'm absolutely fuming - as you should be.....

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 02, 2022, 07:03:01 pm by silent majority »

Sarcasm eh….

Fuming? Why should I be?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 02, 2022, 07:06:30 pm by Metalmicky »

Sarcasm eh….

Fuming? Why should I be?

If I need to explain it......

TinyPortal © 2005-2012