Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 01:34:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Incomings ??  (Read 18123 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Incomings ??
« Reply #60 on January 02, 2022, 07:06:41 pm by normal rules »
I posted my concern on another thread. But whoever the 4 are, there is a huge weight of expectation already placed on them Before they even start.
RW stated on a few occasions before he left about how we need to see things through until the window comes. Really.?
The fuse of patience is already none existent when It comes to perceived effort and performance.
The new 4 have to hit the ground running, and hard. Make an immediate difference.
It’s that simple. A Rob Jones. A brian stock. A Richie Wellens. A Paul Heffernan.
These are the sort of players we need. Right now. Otherwise it will just be seen as no different to the recent signings made by RW. And if the knives are out now, then I dread to think……..
We are still being knocked down I’m afraid. The rebuild is some way off yet.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 02, 2022, 07:08:20 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I know and said that but they’ve got loan player ready. By Tuesday we need some of the players we are bringing in ready to go if they are going to know their team members and training before. Saturday.
I know and said that but they’ve got loan player ready. By Tuesday we need some of the players we are bringing in ready to go if they are going to know their team members and training before. Saturday.

And as I mentioned the other day we’ve reached agreement with 4 players and should announce shortly.

They better be worldies or this forum will melt.... I'm personally devastated with the wilt displayed by our 'players' today - I hope they are ashamed of that shambles.  I feel sorry for you having to represent the club on a day like this....   

Sarcasm eh….

I wish - I'm absolutely fuming - as you should be.....

Fuming? Why should I be?

Todays result?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 02, 2022, 07:09:45 pm by DearneValleyRover »
To put it simply after today, given we have another 3 injuries, we need a centre half who can organise, 2 midfielders who can lead and control a game, 2 strikers. This is a minimum because ideally we need 2 wingers and a left back

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on January 02, 2022, 07:10:39 pm by Chris Black come back »
Would take them all now, let alone in their prime.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on January 02, 2022, 07:12:49 pm by silent majority »

And as I mentioned the other day we’ve reached agreement with 4 players and should announce shortly.

They better be worldies or this forum will melt.... I'm personally devastated with the wilt displayed by our 'players' today - I hope they are ashamed of that shambles.  I feel sorry for you having to represent the club on a day like this....   

Sarcasm eh….

Fuming? Why should I be?

Todays result?

Fuming is a specific emotion though, and not one I associate with supporting my club.

Disappointed yes, depressed yes, despondent possibly, but fuming, no.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 02, 2022, 07:16:31 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 02, 2022, 07:17:20 pm by Metalmicky »

Sarcasm eh….

Fuming? Why should I be?

Todays result?

Fuming is a specific emotion though, and not one I associate with supporting my club.

Disappointed yes, depressed yes, despondent possibly, but fuming, no.

You wear a different badge to me then..... as I am positively fuming..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on January 02, 2022, 07:26:26 pm by dickos1 »
4 excellent league 1 players would keep us up. Look at today. Bogle and Gardner are average league 1 players. They went off to be replaced by unibond standard players in terms of Ravenhill and Dodoo. Up to then we were excellent.

Can anyone name 4 excellent lge one standard players that are:
A.available
B.affordable
C. of the right position
And if the three above conditions are met,
D. willing to come to such a shit show that is drfc currently.

How on earth would anyone in this forum know the answers to any of those questions

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 02, 2022, 07:29:02 pm by ChrisBx »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bf0zm8?s=09

Bit on the end of here.

Certainly doesn't sound like there's 4 signings ready to be announced.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 02, 2022, 07:32:47 pm by Metalmicky »

Bit on the end of here.

I agree - it doesn't even sound like we've 'just got to get them over the line' either...

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 02, 2022, 07:33:13 pm by normal rules »

Bit on the end of here.

No. Already talking about poss plan b etc. And the mention of some players making a step up would indicate lg2 or poss even non league ?
Dare I say it. Bums on seats .literally.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 02, 2022, 07:41:36 pm by johnny rovers »
Official now , we are the worst team in the entire EFL , Gavin Baldwin you must be so proud !!

Of course he isn't. But why don't you aim your disappointment at the chairman. The book stops with him.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 02, 2022, 08:16:43 pm by ScillyRover »

Bit on the end of here.
I’m even more despondent after listening to the latter part of that interview.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 02, 2022, 08:20:24 pm by jamesrover17 »

Bit on the end of here.

Either he is playing his cards close to his chest, or we really are struggling, hopefully the former… Would need to be able to sell ice to a snowman trying to persuade players to come here, relegation battle and a high likelihood of injury…

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on January 02, 2022, 08:33:53 pm by eastender »

Bit on the end of here.

I have to agree ,even Monotone Moore sounded more enthusiastic about getting signings over the line than G-mac.
It looks like were relying on other clubs again , i thought after the last fiasco lessons would have been learnt, apparently not.
Hope i'm wrong.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on January 02, 2022, 08:48:04 pm by Jonathan »
To be fair the club, and McSheffrey himself, have been very clear that recruitment is the responsibility of the panel and Graham Younger is a the helm of this. So it’s unfair to lay any blame at McSheffrey’s door, and the questions would be better put to Younger. You would imagine that his primary role between September and December inclusive was to prepare options for this window, so I expect to see that bear fruit quickly. McSheffrey simply must be provided with stronger options to start on Saturday than we finished with today.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 02, 2022, 08:56:14 pm by Canadian Rover »
I really hoped to have heard...
Yep we have 3 players ready to announce in the next day or two and are working towards 2 loan deals coming in shortly.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on January 02, 2022, 08:59:05 pm by jamesrover17 »
Yep we have 3 players ready to announce in the next day or two and are working towards 2 loan deals coming in shortly.

Sounds even more bleak if anyone is watching Liam Hodens live stream… Nothing imminent, nothing likely before Fleetwood

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on January 02, 2022, 09:07:37 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Sounds even more bleak if anyone is watching Liam Hodens live stream… Nothing imminent, nothing likely before Fleetwood

Optimism for the Fleetwood game at record lows.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on January 02, 2022, 09:09:34 pm by Danmckay456 »
You’ve got to feel for people who gave up season ticket money to be served up this shambles. The bench has been weak all season and we just need a competitive team / squad players who wear the shirt with pride and who are just good enough footballers

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on January 02, 2022, 09:11:12 pm by Jonathan »

This would be incredibly disappointing. And it would call into question what on earth has been going on. I’ve not heard exactly what Liam Hoden has said, but based on the above let’s hope he’s got it wrong.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on January 02, 2022, 09:17:42 pm by roversdude »
The club aren’t duty bound to keep Hoden in the loop
If true very disappointing

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on January 02, 2022, 09:33:54 pm by Padge_DRFC »
You’ve got to feel for people who gave up season ticket money to be served up this shambles. The bench has been weak all season and we just need a competitive team / squad players who wear the shirt with pride and who are just good enough footballers

I genuinely fear for next season or have we reached the level now where we've hit rock bottom with season tickets and only the hardcore have them and this will be the sales for next season?

MagicMartinoWoods

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on January 02, 2022, 10:30:15 pm by MagicMartinoWoods »
There's something about our club. When we have the bad times, we seem to do it in extraordinary, much more farcical ways than the 'bad times' of other clubs! ...the Richardson era, the 'experiment', and now massive descent in a calendar year from being 2nd in table to having a team bottom of table who is a level or two below the league standard.

I think this is why we've struggled to progress our fan base over the last few decades despite relative success.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on January 02, 2022, 10:35:02 pm by Chris Black come back »
And don’t forget the last time we got relegated to League Two in 2015/16, Ferguson did so on the back of an unbelievable run of 16 games where we won 0 (zero), drew 4 and lost 12. This included a run of 7 straight defeats in a row.

When it’s bad, it’s really bad for us.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on January 02, 2022, 10:48:10 pm by Jonathan »
And don’t forget the last time we got relegated to League Two in 2015/16, Ferguson did so on the back of an unbelievable run of 16 games where we won 0 (zero), drew 4 and lost 12. This included a run of 7 straight defeats in a row.

When it’s bad, it’s really bad for us.

This is true, however a few notable observations on the back of that:

- After that run, loads of our fans demanded Ferguson must be sacked.
- We didn’t sack him, and we bounced straight back
- But because we fluffed the title, loads of our fans demanded Ferguson must be sacked
- We didn’t sack him, and he stabilised us in League One
- This wasn’t good enough for a load of our fans, who demanded he must be sacked
- He left anyway, and we appointed McCann, who most of our fans didn’t want
- He got us to a dubious penalty shoot out away from the play off final. Then when he left to go to a club in the next division our fans were unhappy as he didn’t show loyalty

The moral of the story? Even when things are alright our fans will moan and demand that heads roll.

Today was a real low. But it would be better for everyone if we stuck together, got some players in and had a crack at the second half of the season drawing on the first half of today.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on January 02, 2022, 10:51:40 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The only positive for me has been the prospect of mass incomings. If that doesn't happen quickly especially after the mess of the summer window then something is wrong. We still have a slim chance, by end of month that may be gone completely.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 02, 2022, 10:57:31 pm by Retdon1 »

Not true if u listen to G Mc or Hoden

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on January 02, 2022, 11:07:54 pm by normal rules »

Unless something very radical changes at the club, like perhaps adopting a Brentford style of statistical player profiling and development, then nothing much will change. This took them time, patience and money.
I’m fully prepared for a few totally underwhelming transfers this month. I hope and pray they are born leaders in the making and good footballers.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on January 02, 2022, 11:08:14 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Not true if u listen to G Mc or Hoden

Tbf both said the loan deals are agreed but would be later in the window.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012