Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 11:09:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Incomings ??  (Read 18061 times)

KC_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Incomings ??
« Reply #180 on January 04, 2022, 09:43:48 am by KC_DRFC »
I know and said that but they’ve got loan player ready. By Tuesday we need some of the players we are bringing in ready to go if they are going to know their team members and training before. Saturday.
I know and said that but they’ve got loan player ready. By Tuesday we need some of the players we are bringing in ready to go if they are going to know their team members and training before. Saturday.

And as I mentioned the other day we’ve reached agreement with 4 players and should announce shortly.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on January 04, 2022, 11:02:07 am by DonnyOsmond »
Anyone know when the loan players will be told if they are staying/going back? Vilcar has already been confirmed but no news (good or bad) on smith, galbraith, Tiago and dahlberg.

Would expect an announcement one way or another before fleetwood on them?

Hoden said that the break point is mid January (might be the end of this week or early next week, can't remember). Vilcas announced he's going back but is still training with us at the moment.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on January 04, 2022, 11:07:07 am by steve@dcfd »
Maybe we have got 4 lined up ready to announce but they might not be ready until towards the end of the month, after yesterday’s debacle I think GMC will be looking at players that are available now rather than waiting
No he didn’t. He said he hoped to sign 4 players. There is a difference.

"And as I mentioned the other day we’ve reached agreement with 4 players and should announce shortly"
That’s what Martin replied to my post so have club give him duff information or are they playing cards close to their chest we will see by Saturday.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on January 04, 2022, 11:46:53 am by silent majority »
Maybe we have got 4 lined up ready to announce but they might not be ready until towards the end of the month, after yesterday’s debacle I think GMC will be looking at players that are available now rather than waiting

"And as I mentioned the other day we’ve reached agreement with 4 players and should announce shortly"
That’s what Martin replied to my post so have club give him duff information or are they playing cards close to their chest we will see by Saturday.

It might not necessarily be duff information but things could have changed since I was told that. It does happen fairly regularly which is why I always hesitate to give out that type of information.

I'll try and get an update later today.

I was also told that the loanees wouldn't be going back until replacements were in place.

KC_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on January 04, 2022, 12:19:33 pm by KC_DRFC »
Thanks for the update. Appreciated ☺

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on January 04, 2022, 12:30:08 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Thanks for that Martin.

I know it’s only ‘Transfer Window Christmas Eve’ but we’re all sat here watching the chimney breast anxiously waiting for Santa to arrive!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on January 04, 2022, 12:33:24 pm by normal rules »
Thanks for that Martin.

I know it’s only ‘Transfer Window Christmas Eve’ but we’re all sat here watching the chimney breast anxiously waiting for Santa to arrive!

I hope you are of the generation that got a lump of coal and an orange for Xmas years ago. At least that way your expectations are already managed.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on January 04, 2022, 12:51:11 pm by pib »

It might not necessarily be duff information but things could have changed since I was told that. It does happen fairly regularly which is why I always hesitate to give out that type of information.

I was also told that the loanees wouldn't be going back until replacements were in place.

I wonder if that means a replacement for Vilca might be in place already. Or could he be an exception?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on January 04, 2022, 12:56:09 pm by Jonathan »

I feel for you on this one. We all crave information (myself included) and the updates are appreciated. But then people hang on every word. Again I understand that, but there also needs to be an appreciation that it can be a moving target and it’s not as if you’re leading the negotiations.

Ultimately, what happens is down to the club and I hope they act soon. 

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #189 on January 04, 2022, 12:57:33 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
According to several Twitter posts and a few Pompey posts we getting Marquis back on loan until the end of the season with the view to sign permanent when his contact is up.

If their is truth in this then it would be brilliant business from both parties.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on January 04, 2022, 01:04:55 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
According to several Twitter posts and a few Pompey posts we getting Marquis back on loan until the end of the season with the view to sign permanent when his contact is up.

If their is truth in this then it would be brilliant business from both parties.

I'd love to see the doom-merchants faces (if they dared show them again) if this actually happened.

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on January 04, 2022, 01:22:23 pm by Pside »

Not a chance in that happening

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #192 on January 04, 2022, 01:40:38 pm by MachoMadness »

I've seen one random clickbait site saying this. The view to sign permanent thing gives it away, he's out of contract at the end of the season so why would a permanent option be on the table at all? It's fantasy.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on January 04, 2022, 01:43:12 pm by pib »
GM has ruled out the Marquis thing anyway hasn't he? He'll be on decent dough and I'm sure there will be a queue of clubs further south than us with more money than us willing to take a punt on him.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on January 04, 2022, 01:49:09 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Well reading the Pompey Press with Marquis, Downing and Harrison there's a feeling they've been too generous with their wages and are struggling to get rid, just as they want to see some early action to be able to get some quality 'loans' in etc. This is where the negotiations kick in, agents start playing clubs off against each other etc etc.

So, here's a hypothetical question for everyone, if there's a possibility of getting Marquis on loan till the end of the season BUT both he and Portsmouth are happy to play the waiting game, do we wait or pursue other targets?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #195 on January 04, 2022, 01:55:18 pm by graingrover »
Achieving Marquis and Downing on loan would rekindle my faith and hope.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on January 04, 2022, 01:55:30 pm by Jonathan »

Well reading the Pompey Press with Marquis, Downing and Harrison there's a feeling they've been too generous with their wages and are struggling to get rid, just as they want to see some early action to be able to get some quality 'loans' in etc. This is where the negotiations kick in, agents start playing clubs off against each other etc etc.

So, here's a hypothetical question for everyone, if there's a possibility of getting Marquis on loan till the end of the season BUT both he and Portsmouth are happy to play the waiting game, do we wait or pursue other targets?

Pursue other targets in my opinion. We need players now. Not to mention that if we signed him on loan at the end of the window he’d end up having to sit out one of his first games against his parent club. You run out of games to make it a worthwhile investment to give us a chance of staying up.

If the objective of investing in signings is to have a chance of avoiding relegation, then we need those players straight away, not in 3-4 weeks time.

This isn’t a case of us adding to a strong nucleus. We’ve got next to nothing until injured players return.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #197 on January 04, 2022, 01:57:00 pm by Canadian Rover »

Both

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on January 04, 2022, 01:57:16 pm by Alan Southstand »
One thing’s for sure, DBR, if we wait another couple of weeks, it just might be pointless signing Marquis and/or Downing. We’re already well adrift from safety, how difficult do you want to make it?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #199 on January 04, 2022, 02:04:57 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
GM has ruled out the Marquis thing anyway hasn't he? He'll be on decent dough and I'm sure there will be a queue of clubs further south than us with more money than us willing to take a punt on him.

Depends how you read it. The message from GM could easily be directed at Portsmouth saying they're asking too much. We wouldn't be on our own either by the sounds.

This is football, this is the musical chairs of the transfer window and in many cases the music stops on 31st January.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on January 04, 2022, 02:12:40 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
One thing’s for sure, DBR, if we wait another couple of weeks, it just might be pointless signing Marquis and/or Downing. We’re already well adrift from safety, how difficult do you want to make it?

Not as easy as some people make out is it. Grigg was another one who wasn't going to shift till the last minute. You have to weigh up your plan A, B & C and assess which way to go. If your plan B is more of a risk in terms of scoring goals than plan A. It's a judgement call which managers sometimes get right and sometimes not.

Certainly at the moment, we'd tend to want to do some early business so you might have to let a couple of targets go to the market later in the window and lose out.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #201 on January 04, 2022, 02:57:01 pm by Alan Southstand »
We’ll, it’s up to the people at the Club, not you or me, and they’re paid to make those decisions.

First thing I would say, if we wait we’re still not guaranteed to get the players we want and need. So, that helps making the decision for starters.
Second thing is, like Jonathan has already alluded to above, we have a core of experienced players out long term, 2 of whom we’ve hardly seen this season, so it’s obvious what we need and GMac has said it himself. We need experience and, if we go down, we’ll need them next season to get us back the youngsters are not going to do it!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #202 on January 04, 2022, 02:58:02 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Go after the targets for other positions, but let them know that, that is the very limits of the offer and you will move on to the next target if it’s not done within a couple of weeks.
You can’t wait too long as there are a lot of clubs chasing similar players or the same ones.

If the board got Marquis in plus at least another three then we would have a very good chance of staying up. Plus replace the loans going back. Including the loans being replaced we need around six players, four permanent probably and two loans.
Personally I would go for Kyle Wootton from Notts county, rather than Marquis but he would cost a fee, and I would take either.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 03:35:56 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on January 04, 2022, 03:31:59 pm by swintonrover »
Marquis coming back now would be like Sharp coming back in 2013/14. The board was getting criticised then too. Wouldn't surprise me if they tried for him to get the heat off for a bit.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on January 04, 2022, 03:37:45 pm by jamesrover17 »
Marquis coming back now would be like Sharp coming back in 2013/14. The board was getting criticised then too. Wouldn't surprise me if they tried for him to get the heat off for a bit.

Look how well that turned out! We should have kept Macheda… Don’t think Dickov was a fan of that

But agree, we should move heaven and earth to get John back IMO

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #205 on January 04, 2022, 03:53:26 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Best thing to do is keep calm, don't get too excited and see what happens. I'm sure they're all working overtime to try and get the deals done, although one or two may have been done already.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on January 04, 2022, 03:58:29 pm by danumdon »
All this talk about signings of the caliber of JM and PD are pie in the sky for us at this time, if we are talking about these type of individuals you can be sure half of this league will also be aware, and it wont be the bottom half. We are just not going to pay the required sums to get this sort of player,

Better we lower our requirements and trough through the 4 and 5th tiers for permanent signings. if were lucky we may get one or two higher league, experienced players on loan to see the season through but if we don't act NOW were talking 4th tier planning right now.

Our window of opportunity is now tiny, were talking 2 to 3 days, it's that critical, anything after this is preparation for next season and admitting defeat.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on January 04, 2022, 04:36:41 pm by jmt23 »
I think 3 should just about do us, and it is all down the spine. Gardeners performance has hopefully shown what most of us already knew, a lack of tough physicality in the middle of the park. If we can add a decent similar type player that will go along way. Then a similar tough Bustard centre back. I would add a forward too, I have no idea which type, as im not sure on the style GMc wants to play, but anybody that is prepared to shoot would be a big help.

The team showed what they could achieve with a half decent midfielder with a presence, my only concern is our luck for the last two seasons has been down, and I can imagine us signing someone who makes a huge difference to only end up injured. So perhaps scrap the forward and get two battling midfielders.

Im not giving up yet :rtid:

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #208 on January 04, 2022, 04:40:01 pm by normal rules »
Gardners first half performance against shrimpers and that of Barlow is very encouraging. The injuries they picked up not so. If we can hold onto Galbraith and assign and bring some quality get stuck in type experience in then we may, may just Put ourselves in a position to at least compete for a whole 90 mins.
It’s a shame about Bogle. Getting the ball to stick in the final third is clearly key to our game play at the moment as the mid and back four are fragile to repeated pressure. And he has now shown he can do this .

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on January 04, 2022, 06:45:58 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Good way of getting the fans on side. Hype up just how huge Marquis wages are. Make everyone think it's not possible then go and sign him. Fans back on side. That's my 1% hope of signing him there.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012