Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 08:55:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Incomings ??  (Read 18039 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Incomings ??
« Reply #210 on January 04, 2022, 07:01:23 pm by Campsall rover »
According to several Twitter posts and a few Pompey posts we getting Marquis back on loan until the end of the season with the view to sign permanent when his contact is up.

If their is truth in this then it would be brilliant business from both parties.
And you believe it? Genuine question.

I will believe it when I see him playing for us.  Until then it’s fiction.   Twitter talk and Pompey forum that’s what you said. 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on January 04, 2022, 07:21:23 pm by Jonathan »
Good way of getting the fans on side. Hype up just how huge Marquis wages are. Make everyone think it's not possible then go and sign him. Fans back on side. That's my 1% hope of signing him there.

Marquis’ wages will be huge in L1 terms. There’s no way we would be able to (or could be expected to) fund the whole lot.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #212 on January 04, 2022, 07:27:33 pm by bedale rover »
If Pompey want him off the books there is a deal to be done

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #213 on January 04, 2022, 07:31:48 pm by eastender »
May be we will sign someone before the Fleetwood game , remember the Griggs situation where we made it public knowledge that he was available and we were in for him.
That alerted other teams and Rotherham got him at the last minute leaving us in the mire.
If the club have learnt anything from the last window it must be keep your cards close to your chest until the deals done.

WarwickRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #214 on January 04, 2022, 07:42:28 pm by WarwickRover »
Who buys or loans in January? What class of player are you going to get in January? The best transfer/loan is completed in the Summer. All that is available in January is the desperate, unfit/back from an injury, hacked off, past it or no contract extension to be offered.

We will be fortunate to get anything like what we need

The die was cast in the summer .... we will be extremely lucky to stay in D1

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #215 on January 04, 2022, 07:52:47 pm by mushRTID »
 :rtid:Spurs have recalled a striker from Northampton to send him to league one.

No doubt it will be nothing but you never know.

Edit..just seen he’s joining Cheltenham.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 07:57:16 pm by mushRTID »

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #216 on January 04, 2022, 07:53:25 pm by Canadian Rover »
I feel genuinely let down by the board that new signings didn't come in immediately. The reasoning for getting rid of Wellens so quickly was partly to be prepped for January signings - in our position I thought this would have meant acting quickly. With a manager that had already attended recruitment meetings deals could have been struck amd agreed in principle behind the scenes before the opening of the window. Now it appears we don't even have the loan terms amended for the players we took on - this coupled with the OBrien/Grigg/Vilca fiasco shows a lack of improvement in terms of prior planning and implementation.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #217 on January 04, 2022, 08:09:35 pm by roversdude »
Sorry what do you mean by loan terms amended?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on January 04, 2022, 08:45:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Who buys or loans in January? What class of player are you going to get in January? The best transfer/loan is completed in the Summer. All that is available in January is the desperate, unfit/back from an injury, hacked off, past it or no contract extension to be offered.

We will be fortunate to get anything like what we need

The die was cast in the summer .... we will be extremely lucky to stay in D1

Jacob Ramsey came in January.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on January 04, 2022, 08:52:01 pm by Canadian Rover »
Cukur and Dhalberg are on a season long loan - that contract should be canceled or terminated early and if a penalty is on it the contract should be amended or terminated to null and of no effect.

Vilca has his loan expire in January - so that should be done.

Smith and Glabraith joined on season long loans - maybe recall options should be amended or deleted if applicable.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #220 on January 04, 2022, 08:55:10 pm by roversdude »
Makes sense

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #221 on January 04, 2022, 09:23:41 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I've seen Vilca is training with us. I'd have had him playing instead of Hiwula

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #222 on January 04, 2022, 09:27:11 pm by Retdon1 »
Alfie May has just bought a new house in Harworth. A return maybe ? Seems strange to buy a house 3 hours from your current club

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #223 on January 04, 2022, 09:28:43 pm by roversdude »
Alfie May has just bought a new house in Harworth. A return maybe ? Seems strange to buy a house 3 hours from your current club
Been done to death his other half is from there

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #224 on January 06, 2022, 01:11:31 pm by Metalmicky »
I see it's being reported that Mansfield might be interested in Marquis...

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #225 on January 06, 2022, 01:31:57 pm by grayx »
If Pompey want him off the books there is a deal to be done
Exactly. Marquis currently cant get a starting place in an average league 1 side which is out of the play-offs as it stands. I cant see a queue of clubs forming to get him. I’d like him back here dont get me wrong & dont see why it couldnt happen if he was interested.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on January 06, 2022, 01:36:33 pm by jamesrover17 »
I see it's being reported that Mansfield might be interested in Marquis...

If we can’t match or better a deal offered by bloody Mansfield we really are up the creek..

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on January 06, 2022, 01:58:58 pm by DonnyOsmond »
There's currently better than Marquis out there for less.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #228 on January 06, 2022, 02:27:24 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Name them.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #229 on January 06, 2022, 02:39:25 pm by steve@dcfd »
Just to compare a side that were promoted last to league 1 and sit above us in the table Cheltenham have signed Two and have Two having medicals today. Two they had in their  squad have left or leaving

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #230 on January 06, 2022, 02:51:26 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Portsmouth are struggling for goals but still not picking him. The deal has to be something that both clubs and the player, are happy with. There are other options if we don’t get him. Personally I would be going after Kyle Wootton from Notts county. Contract runs out in the summer so there would be a fee involved. Maybe they fancy a few of our players in a swap deal?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #231 on January 06, 2022, 02:59:13 pm by Metalmicky »
Portsmouth are struggling for goals but still not picking him. The deal has to be something that both clubs and the player, are happy with. There are other options if we don’t get him. Personally I would be going after Kyle Wootton from Notts county. Contract runs out in the summer so there would be a fee involved. Maybe they fancy a few of our players in a swap deal?

Weren't there rumours about them being interested in Omar Bogle - or did I just imagine that...

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #232 on January 06, 2022, 03:14:36 pm by Upton Rover »
According to several Twitter posts and a few Pompey posts we getting Marquis back on loan until the end of the season with the view to sign permanent when his contact is up.

If their is truth in this then it would be brilliant business from both parties.
And you believe it? Genuine question.

I will believe it when I see him playing for us.  Until then it’s fiction.   Twitter talk and Pompey forum that’s what you said.
why would he want to come back here? Many people gave him some stick towards the end, so can’t see Marquis would want to come anywhere near this sinking ship

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on January 06, 2022, 03:21:00 pm by RugbyRover »
Name them.

I was going to say "Well, that's a job for Mr Younger"........but then I thought "Is it?"  :unsure:

He's down a "Talent Identification Manager".

Does a TIM spend all day compiling a database of what player is playing in which position, for which club, via which Agent and getting paid what wages? Is he interested in how good that player is or if he's a gem waiting to polished up?

Maybe what we need is a plain old simple "Talent Spotter"  :whistle:

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #234 on January 06, 2022, 03:26:27 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

I was amazed County beat turbo charged Wrexham 3-1 the other day at home  (Stockport are also turbo charged for the rest of the season)  meaning it's going to be exceptionally hard to get out of that league - it being so flushed with cash.

So they need to strengthen up the squad - Bogle looks a natural for them - (and they have the same strip as Grimsby  :headbang:)
didn't someone say they wer eafter Bogle earlier this season

so a job lot exodus would make sense ???

I still think of that job lot   "swop" ....  instant defence "transplant" Tommy Docherty  did with us 

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #235 on January 06, 2022, 03:41:49 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Name them.

It depends on what McSheffrey is wanting from a striker but a very general name would be Dominic Telford. Out of contract at the end of the season so wouldn't be a crazy fee and wages would be significantly less than Marquis'. A decent loan target would be Charlie McNeil from Man Utd or Ellis Simms from Everton, who had a decent record at Blackpool last season, but they may be looking to send him to a Championship club. Tahvon Campbell from Woking might be worth a go too, potentially has less suitors than Wootton and arguably better than him.

This one's a winger not a striker, Scott Tiffoney from Partick Thistle. A very good direct player who creates chances, which we would desperately need even if we brought in Lewandowski. His team mate Rudden has been very good up front this season too.

There's plenty of other names I'd take over Marquis but I'm not listing them all! We all know Marquis misses a fair amount of chances, luckily 3-4 seasons ago we created that many chances he was able to miss some of them. Nowadays we create near enough half as many chances, so I seriously doubt him coming here would go well and both our fans and him will soon be throwing their toys out their prams. When you consider how much he'll be on, theres definitely alternative players out there.

Hopefully Younger is looking at tracking data and is picking up who are the best finishers for where we tend to create chances around (the few we do create!).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 04:08:58 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #236 on January 06, 2022, 03:44:25 pm by Filo »
Hugely disappointing that no one has come in to bolster the squad for our next game which is a must win, have the club accepted relegation?

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #237 on January 06, 2022, 03:47:56 pm by moses »
I am optimistically hoping that we have signed a couple, they are training with us and we will be unveiled last minute to throw Fleetwood off the scent.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #238 on January 06, 2022, 04:02:16 pm by roversdude »
Yeah I’m hoping we have something sorted but beginning to lose faith

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #239 on January 06, 2022, 04:19:30 pm by mushRTID »
This is all getting a bit worrying isn’t it.
Since the summer transfer f**k up and then position in the league, weve known we needed to act quickly this window.

I really hope it’s all happening behind the scenes but a bit of hope for the supporters wouldn’t go amiss.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012