Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 11:33:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Serious question to all Positive posters  (Read 2552 times)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
Serious question to all Positive posters
« on January 08, 2022, 05:11:28 pm by Upton Rover »
Please, please can you give me something positive about the club, just a little bit of something in the hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe a new signing(s) in the next few days, Maybe Cukur and Doodo on the way out, Maybe you can see we’re we will pick up the next point(s) because the team is lacking confidence in every area should have scored with last kick of game today and never did, It’s a serious question, awaiting answers,,

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

coventryrover

• Forum Member
Re: Serious question to all Positive posters
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2022, 05:13:54 pm by coventryrover »
Peaks and troughs...
It's what donny is about.

Clear the dead wood.   Build

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2022, 05:17:06 pm by BigH »
More a question for the Board than positive posters?!

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 08, 2022, 05:17:52 pm by South East Rover »
Seaman looked good, players coming back, players coming in :clapping:

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 08, 2022, 05:19:29 pm by bigbadjack »
Can’t see any contracted players leaving in this window, I think we will send Cukur back, that’s about it. Not sure who is gonna fancy coming in on a permanent in the position we’re in

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 08, 2022, 05:19:47 pm by Canadian Rover »
That should be Cukur done now...

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 08, 2022, 06:34:32 pm by Upton Rover »
That should be Cukur done now...
hope so, he’s stealing money from the club

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 08, 2022, 06:37:18 pm by keith79 »
What are the odds on rovers staying up?

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 08, 2022, 06:43:22 pm by Upton Rover »
Must be quite high, wouldn’t put much on them staying up
What makes me so annoyed is, when the board were recruiting a new manager, would survival in L1 have been one of the main talking points to potential managers??

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 08, 2022, 06:43:44 pm by NickDRFC »
What are the odds on rovers staying up?

We’re about 15-20/1 on to go down.

WarwickRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 08, 2022, 06:50:31 pm by WarwickRover »
Skybet now 1/25 from 1/16
Gillingham 1/6
Crewe 1/4
Morecombe 8/15

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 08, 2022, 06:53:13 pm by silent majority »
What makes me so annoyed is, when the board were recruiting a new manager, would survival in L1 have been one of the main talking points to potential managers??

Of course it was!

How on earth do you try to attract a good manager by telling an applicant that we're looking at LG2 and have already given up on LG1?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 08, 2022, 06:59:56 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
You won’t get an ambitious manager to touch the job, if there are no funds to improve the squad long term. There is no plan for improvement. The position we are in. Any manager with a good reputation wouldn’t take it. Gary McSheffrey took it even though he is inexperienced at first team level management, who wouldn’t it’s an in, into the game.

I have no doubt he is working hard, the team isn’t getting thrashed on the whole under him, some improvement but not in results unfortunately.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 08, 2022, 07:01:09 pm by TheFunk »
We obviously didn't attract any good managers anyway if we've ended up McSheffrey.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 08, 2022, 07:03:27 pm by ChrisBx »
We obviously didn't attract any good managers anyway if we've ended up McSheffrey.

The other two candidates were seemingly Trollope and Simpson which says an awful lot.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 08, 2022, 07:05:31 pm by Upton Rover »

Of course it was!

How on earth do you try to attract a good manager by telling an applicant that we're looking at LG2 and have already given up on LG1?
If that was the case, then surly they would have gone with experience, I still think they were thinking on the grounds on rebuilding than survival

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 08, 2022, 07:08:07 pm by since-1969 »
Please, please can you give me something positive about the club, just a little bit of something in the hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe a new signing(s) in the next few days, Maybe Cukur and Doodo on the way out, Maybe you can see we’re we will pick up the next point(s) because the team is lacking confidence in every area should have scored with last kick of game today and never did, It’s a serious question, awaiting answers,,
Positive post then ??

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 08, 2022, 07:08:57 pm by Danmckay456 »

Of course it was!

This bunch of players have I’ll tell you that , and most fans have if they have to put up with players not putting the effort in -

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 08, 2022, 07:15:27 pm by silent majority »

Of course it was!

This bunch of players have I’ll tell you that , and most fans have if they have to put up with players not putting the effort in -

Maybe so, but that wasn't the point I was addressing.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 08, 2022, 07:17:48 pm by normal rules »
Peaks and troughs...
It's what donny is about.

Clear the dead wood.   Build

Agreed. But build for lge 2. Now. Don’t wait till close season otherwise we will be in the same mess this time next year.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 08, 2022, 07:23:06 pm by Lesonthewest »

Of course it was!

Maybe so, but that wasn't the point I was addressing.
IF they have, they're more of a disgrace to the shirt I thought they were & they don't deserve our support.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 08, 2022, 07:39:24 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
It will cost the club more if we are relegated. Gate money, merchandise, interest in the floating supporter coming to games. Players who might have joined won’t a league down. As we’ve already seen being near the bottom, lack of interest in taking the managers job by good candidates.
Someone has to be at the bottom or in the bottom four. We have contributed to our own downfall that is why this transfer window is so important in turning that round.

Positive news- the car boot sale has been on.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 08, 2022, 07:52:01 pm by Jonathan »
Last time we tanked out into League Two it wasn’t so bad. We brought in some players and we won automatic promotion at the first attempt.

I’m in no way excusing performances like we saw today, and for much of this season. It’s depressing.

However I think we have a bunch of younger fans (and a few older ones too) that seem to think the likely outcome (relegation) is the end. Is it f**k. It’s back to a level many of us have watched the club at for much of our lives. We can certainly come back from where we are now. Just maybe not this season after today’s results.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 08, 2022, 07:57:39 pm by normal rules »
It will cost the club more if we are relegated. Gate money, merchandise, interest in the floating supporter coming to games. Players who might have joined won’t a league down. As we’ve already seen being near the bottom, lack of interest in taking the managers job by good candidates.
Someone has to be at the bottom or in the bottom four. We have contributed to our own downfall that is why this transfer window is so important in turning that round.

Positive news- the car boot sale has been on.

Players Wages will come down too.  But with that comes a drop in quality too. Which we can ill afford. Unless we get very very lucky.
Looking at Scunthorpe now thinking this could easily be Rovers next season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 08, 2022, 07:58:09 pm by Campsall rover »
Last time we tanked out into League Two it wasn’t so bad. We brought in some players and we won automatic promotion at the first attempt.

I’m in no way excusing performances like we saw today, and for much of this season. It’s depressing.

However I think we have a bunch of younger fans (and a few older ones too) that seem to think the likely outcome (relegation) is the end. Is it f**k. It’s back to a level many of us have watched the club at for much of our lives. We can certainly come back from where we are now. Just maybe not this season after today’s results.
Yes you are right Jonathan but only when we sort out our recruitment and start to be pro active and not re active which we currently are.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 08, 2022, 07:59:29 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Crowds won't be effected if we're in league 2 or 1. It's entertainment and actually having a competitive side that will bring the fans back.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 08, 2022, 08:01:24 pm by Upton Rover »

However I think we have a bunch of younger fans (and a few older ones too) that seem to think the likely outcome (relegation) is the end. Is it f**k. It’s back to a level many of us have watched the club at for much of our lives. We can certainly come back from where we are now. Just maybe not this season after today’s results.v
I don’t think many fans will think it’s the end at all, it’s just that over the past few years the supporters have put up with some shit tbh, and there comes a time when it all gets to much for some, let’s face it we have suffered in many ways since January 2021 all our own doing’s

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 08, 2022, 08:33:32 pm by The Beast »
Think I’ve been quite positive in the past but that was soul destroying, think the optimism when I saw the side was what did me, should’ve reigned myself in.
Watching Hull on the box has pissed me off even more, to think they once were our rivals! Seeing them with a nearly full stadium and competitive against Everton, no wonder McCann went, no brainer!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 09, 2022, 10:01:20 am by ravenrover »
Whether we go down or not there will still be Donny Rovers, is that positive?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 09, 2022, 10:08:29 am by Bentley Bullet »
I thought Seaman looked like he was on a mission when he came on. He was one of the few players that showed any spunk.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012