Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 10:07:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Have some players downed tools?  (Read 3596 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Have some players downed tools?
« on January 09, 2022, 11:43:06 am by Filo »
Moving on from Taylors tweet the other day, in which he appeared to have a pop at certain aspects of the club, have some players stopped playing for the club? The lack of desire and movement yesterday in attacking areas was criminal from players playing at professional level

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Branton Red

• Forum Member
Re: Have some players downed tools?
« Reply #1 on January 09, 2022, 11:44:19 am by Branton Red »
I don't think Hiwula picked up any tools in the first place

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 09, 2022, 11:47:02 am by keith79 »
Effort and ability. Well lacking in this squad.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 09, 2022, 11:49:16 am by Filo »
I don't think Hiwula picked up any tools in the first place

Fair comment, but what they need to get in their heads, is fans will forgive a defeat if they see some effort, they won’t forgive lack of effort and I feel the tide has turned with the fans, things will got more hostile if they carry on with performances like yesterday, the white flag was raised at 3pm yesterday

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 09, 2022, 11:54:20 am by DonnyOsmond »
They haven't downed tools, they're just drained of confidence.  Yesterday was a good example of it, Harrison having come from an other club and demanding the ball raised the other players for Fleetwood. He was massive for them. That's why we need players in urgently. Non of our players want the ball currently.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 09, 2022, 11:57:34 am by Filo »
They haven't downed tools, they're just drained of confidence.  Yesterday was a good example of it, Harrison having come from an other club and demanding the ball raised the other players for Fleetwood. He was massive for them. That's why we need players in urgently. Non of our players want the ball currently.

If a footballer doesn’t want the ball, then perhaps football is not the game for them

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 09, 2022, 11:58:35 am by DonnyOsmond »

If a footballer doesn’t want the ball, then perhaps football is not the game for them

Very simple way of looking at it.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 09, 2022, 12:02:22 pm by phil o sophical »
Don't know about downing tools, we've got some proper tools playing for us at the moment though

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 09, 2022, 12:09:21 pm by silent majority »
Moving on from Taylors tweet the other day, in which he appeared to have a pop at certain aspects of the club, have some players stopped playing for the club? The lack of desire and movement yesterday in attacking areas was criminal from players playing at professional level

Taylor wasn’t having a pop at the club. Where in that tweet could you possibly read any criticism of the club or it’s staff?

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 09, 2022, 12:10:49 pm by Pliskin »
It's hard to accept the rubbish on show yesterday, unable to string two passes together, barely landing a glove on Fleetwood at home - the team we are trying to catch.

Especially when you see the FA Cup ties yesterday with sides from lower divisions who actually have a game plan and a bit of fight, giving better opponents something to think about even if they come up short.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 09, 2022, 12:16:45 pm by eastender »

Taylor wasn’t having a pop at the club. Where in that tweet could you possibly read any criticism of the club or it’s staff?
I take it that his 3 Operation were done Privately and not by the NHS, so he must be having a pop at the Surgeons or their after care team then.
If that's the case then he could have a Medical Negligence claim or two pending.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 09, 2022, 12:19:49 pm by Filo »

I did say in another post that questions need to be asked of the surgeons, the sex offender replied to Taylors tweet regarding the physio, Taylor never rubbished that reply

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 09, 2022, 12:27:04 pm by pib »
We were told during last seasons run under AB that the players had downed tools and that culture would be sorted out for this season. Totally new set of players but I think it’s ability (or lack of) that is the problem this time.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 09, 2022, 01:28:49 pm by steve@dcfd »
When GMC took interim charge it was said that players attitudes had changed on the field yet yesterday it was said the body language was not good and now questioning have they down tools. Well GMC should get new players in now I’ve heard we have to wait well that’s not good enough it’s to happen this week not just one either. Show the players that we have the club wants to stay up. It’s been said under Richie and even now that some players on the field are not good enough well let’s change them. Continuing is not right and bring in to question if the manager and club have accepted we are relegated with 22 games left.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 09, 2022, 02:05:38 pm by DRFCSouth »
At a time when we need Snap On or Stahlwille, we seem to be lumbered with Draper.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 09, 2022, 04:10:09 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
At a time when we need Snap On or Stahlwille, we seem to be lumbered with Draper.

I would say more Black knight off the boot sale.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 09, 2022, 04:36:50 pm by Branton Red »
Other than the aforementioned Hiwula, who hasn't put much effort in since day one, I don't think the rest of the team downed tools on Saturday.

There was a huge lack of confidence, surely exacerbated by what happened at Morecambe, a lack of experience, a lack of physical presence esp in midfield and for a couple of players problems in trying to play out of position.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 09, 2022, 04:56:34 pm by sha66y »
When GMC took interim charge it was said that players attitudes had changed on the field yet yesterday it was said the body language was not good and now questioning have they down tools. Well GMC should get new players in now I’ve heard we have to wait well that’s not good enough it’s to happen this week not just one either. Show the players that we have the club wants to stay up. It’s been said under Richie and even now that some players on the field are not good enough well let’s change them. Continuing is not right and bring in to question if the manager and club have accepted we are relegated with 22 games left.

You don’t like commas!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 09, 2022, 05:21:43 pm by Padge_DRFC »
It's not a case of not trying. It's just poor tactics, zero confidence, poor basics. They look like a team that's not even being coached or even have a way of playing.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 09, 2022, 05:31:53 pm by silent majority »

I did say in another post that questions need to be asked of the surgeons, the sex offender replied to Taylors tweet regarding the physio, Taylor never rubbished that reply

The surgeons missed something that’s for sure.

All football clubs use an organisation called Premier League Medical (think of Bupa for football) and so the surgeon/s would be recommended/connected to that organisation. Apart from DRFC picking up the phone to make the appointment we have very little to do with the medical side with an injury of this nature.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 09, 2022, 06:02:09 pm by GazLaz »

The surgeons missed something that’s for sure.

All football clubs use an organisation called Premier League Medical (think of Bupa for football) and so the surgeon/s would be recommended/connected to that organisation. Apart from DRFC picking up the phone to make the appointment we have very little to do with the medical side with an injury of this nature.

The club physio then rehabs in accordance with diagnosis from the consultant.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 09, 2022, 07:57:19 pm by since-1969 »
All you describe are the effects of a very poor football team , who’s abilities are of those befitting a lower level of the game . Taylor should thank himself lucky he signed a new agreement before he got injured, unlike Joe Wright who didn’t !!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 09, 2022, 08:42:13 pm by roversdude »
You mean the same Joe Wright who the club are supporting

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 09, 2022, 09:24:46 pm by Janso »

Don't let things like facts get in the way of a swipe at the club.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 09, 2022, 09:56:09 pm by Sprotyrover »
If they are not performing why are we paying them? Fine em a couple of weeks wages, play the youth team for the rest of the season.
If I underperform at work I have my boss on my case!
The Board seem to have resigned themselves to league 2 next season
... Anybody got a fat neighbour who wants a run out as Goalie?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 09, 2022, 10:51:00 pm by since-1969 »
[/quote Taylor has not right to wing about anything , he’s getting paid to sit on his Arse !! Joe isn’t .

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 09, 2022, 11:06:04 pm by swintonrover »
Taylor has not right to wing about anything , he’s getting paid to sit on his Arse !! Joe isn’t .

What reality do you live in where you expect a bloke who's had ankle surgery in the last week to be out playing professional football?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 11:15:58 pm by swintonrover »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 10, 2022, 03:45:48 am by since-1969 »
Taylor has not right to wing about anything , he’s getting paid to sit on his Arse !! Joe isn’t .

What reality do you live in where you expect a bloke who's had ankle surgery in the last week to be out playing professional football?
You can certainly twist it can’t you ! Taylor was very fortunate in his timely decision to sign a new contract with the club just at the point before getting injured , where Joe Wright wasn’t and the difference is just luck that’s all . I know the club are supporting both players but on different terms .
Imo Taylor who has tried to get back to fitness and is still struggling through no fault of his has chosen to  vent his frustrations, yet he should see how fortunate his choice was .
Unlike Joe who wanted to leave and still can’t but I’m sure he  is appreciative of the clubs intervention in helping facilitate his recover . Facts I understand facts but also appreciate the irony both players now find them selves tied too . That one is being paid the other is not , but have similar injury issues.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 10, 2022, 07:48:28 am by rich1471 »

You can certainly twist it can’t you ! Taylor was very fortunate in his timely decision to sign a new contract with the club just at the point before getting injured , where Joe Wright wasn’t and the difference is just luck that’s all . I know the club are supporting both players but on different terms .
Imo Taylor who has tried to get back to fitness and is still struggling through no fault of his has chosen to  vent his frustrations, yet he should see how fortunate his choice was .
Unlike Joe who wanted to leave and still can’t but I’m sure he  is appreciative of the clubs intervention in helping facilitate his recover . Facts I understand facts but also appreciate the irony both players now find them selves tied too . That one is being paid the other is not , but have similar injury issues.
[/quote Joe will be getting paid through his insurance company or he would have signed the deal the club offered him after his injury but I'm sure he said the insurance money is more.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 10, 2022, 08:52:08 am by roversdude »

Don't let things like facts get in the way of a swipe at the club.

I was backing the club up how was that a swipe at the club ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012