Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 02:15:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Should Starmer Resign?  (Read 30694 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Should Starmer Resign?
« Reply #270 on May 06, 2022, 03:11:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If they have new evidence, they are right to investigate. If it turns out he did break the law, of course he should resign.

What is so difficult about this?
What about a revote of the local elections?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #271 on May 06, 2022, 03:29:58 pm by Hounslowrover »
Also,,why nor re-investigate Dominic Cummings while they're at it.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #272 on May 06, 2022, 03:43:13 pm by Bentley Bullet »
People voted based on Sir Smear being innocent because the Durham police said there was nothing to answer.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #273 on May 06, 2022, 03:49:48 pm by danumdon »
Today's very inconclusive for him results is the story of his life, He's never made a good fist of any important job he's had and is now proving beyond doubt that as a leader he just does not cut it with voters outside the metropolitan areas.

Johnson has given him the biggest own goal you could ever give an opposition party at mid term hoping to form the next government, what does he do, very little here to suggest he will be leading the next government in a couple of years time. i mean come on what more could the present government have done to aid this dull man into power.

If i was a leading labour bigwig i would be seriously worried that if anything the period up to the next election cannot be as fertile hunting ground for Labour as the previous two years.

They picked the wrong person for the job, this nation would never vote this individual into power, these bang average results show a population wanting to let the government know they are concerned but are still to be convinced that this labour leadership has their best interests at heart.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #274 on May 06, 2022, 03:53:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
DD

"The People" voted Boris Johnson into power. I think that sets a precedent that there is no lower limit to who might win an election. If we vote into No 10 a man who has been sacked twice for lying and won't even publicly acknowledge how many kids he's fathered, all things are possible.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #275 on May 06, 2022, 04:03:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Labour has picked up votes because of its relentless smear campaign. To find out the day after the local elections that the Labour party itself is NOW being investigated by the police for the same offence it relentlessly smeared the government over leaves quite a potent stench in the air.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #276 on May 06, 2022, 04:04:59 pm by ravenrover »
And then for more fines to be issued over Partygate etc etc etc

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #277 on May 06, 2022, 04:10:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The damage to the Tories has already been done regarding the loss of votes for Partygate.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #278 on May 06, 2022, 04:13:04 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Today's very inconclusive for him results is the story of his life, He's never made a good fist of any important job he's had and is now proving beyond doubt that as a leader he just does not cut it with voters outside the metropolitan areas.

Johnson has given him the biggest own goal you could ever give an opposition party at mid term hoping to form the next government, what does he do, very little here to suggest he will be leading the next government in a couple of years time. i mean come on what more could the present government have done to aid this dull man into power.

If i was a leading labour bigwig i would be seriously worried that if anything the period up to the next election cannot be as fertile hunting ground for Labour as the previous two years.

They picked the wrong person for the job, this nation would never vote this individual into power, these bang average results show a population wanting to let the government know they are concerned but are still to be convinced that this labour leadership has their best interests at heart.

You mean the bang average results they gained purely by smears?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #279 on May 06, 2022, 04:26:40 pm by danumdon »
DD

"The People" voted Boris Johnson into power. I think that sets a precedent that there is no lower limit to who might win an election. If we vote into No 10 a man who has been sacked twice for lying and won't even publicly acknowledge how many kids he's fathered, all things are possible.

But this is just it, "The People" voted such a wastrel into power and even now, cannot bring themselves to jettison a Johnson led regime for the tantalising prospects of this current Labour party.

There's a massive disconnect in this country just now and its only going to get worse with this tory government run by sub-par liberals that will ensure that this Labour party will struggle to convince a big enough majority in the country that they have the answers when this pretend Tory party have proved they are already inept and a Labour version of the same policies just will not do.

I would imagine a great many Conservative voting people are quite frustrated with this government but do not have a real alternative to vote for, in the meantime most will hold their nose and vote the best of a really poor bunch, this will not include this poor example of a labour party.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #280 on May 06, 2022, 05:00:16 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I disagree with that danum don. We have to see what full policies labour come through with it but they're much more moderate and that will attract more liberal conservatives who are fed up with the current government.  That's not to say Boris can't turn it around, he absolutely can unless he's prosecuted further for parties (where's sue gray?)

If Keir Starmer is found in breach he's in a really impossible situation.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #281 on May 06, 2022, 05:21:52 pm by ravenrover »
The damage to the Tories has already been done regarding the loss of votes for Partygate.
Do you not think it might get worse when more fines come out, orhave you drawn a line under it, move on?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #282 on May 06, 2022, 05:27:58 pm by danumdon »
I disagree with that danum don. We have to see what full policies labour come through with it but they're much more moderate and that will attract more liberal conservatives who are fed up with the current government.  That's not to say Boris can't turn it around, he absolutely can unless he's prosecuted further for parties (where's sue gray?)

If Keir Starmer is found in breach he's in a really impossible situation.

I would imagine a great many voters are looking and waiting, and still waiting to see these newly fangled Labour polices, the fact that they are very sparse would lead a cynic to think that they may not be all that? or are his left wing starting to extract some leverage to toe the line?

After we had the failed experiment of Corbyn trying his damnedest to give the house away and some, are we now to expect some middle ground from this Labour party, might it consist of the dragged out remnants of this failed Tory government?

For all the gnashing of teeth and wailing behind the scenes, make no mistake Starmer will try to smuggle out specially dressed up and botched versions of what this Johnson regime is already trying, i'm just wondering what the likes of Raynor and her cabal of failed Corbyneistas will have to say to that.

Tony Blair Mk2, i don't think so.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #283 on May 06, 2022, 05:29:20 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Do you not think it might get worse when more fines come out, orhave you drawn a line under it, move on?
No. You can't not vote for someone twice. You can, however, decide not to vote for someone whose party is under investigation for the same offence for which they have smeared another party.

If the police had opened up the Beergate case again the day before yesterday instead of today the results would have been very, very different.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #284 on May 06, 2022, 05:50:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB
You seem to be suggesting that the main problem for the Tories is that Labour "smeared" them.

Forgive me if I sound condescending, but have you actually been engaging with the world recently? The problem is that Johnson was found to have broken the law.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #285 on May 06, 2022, 06:00:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST

It was Labour's smearing that caused a police inquiry, and the resultant charge.   
The fact is that your leader is pictured potentially breaking a similar law, so therefore can be assumed guilty just as you assumed Johnson of being guilty before the court judgement.

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #286 on May 06, 2022, 06:15:21 pm by Hounslowrover »
How did Labour smear him, the police did that by investigating and fining him.  Labour asked if there were any parties, Johnson continually said no, so he also smeared himself.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #287 on May 06, 2022, 06:19:01 pm by Bentley Bullet »
How did Labour smear him? Are you for real? That's not even worthy of an answer.

Perhaps Sir Smear will say he didn't realise he was at a party after continually denying it.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 06:23:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #288 on May 06, 2022, 06:26:41 pm by River Don »
Smear

damage the reputation of (someone) by false accusations; slander.

So when did Starmer make false accusations or slander Johnson?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #289 on May 06, 2022, 06:45:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
RD. You're wasting your time. BB is by some way THE most partisan person on this forum. He doesn't think Johnson should resign even though he's been found guilty of breaking his own law, and lied to Parliament about it several times.

With BB, it's never, ever about trying to get to the truth. It is always about his childish need to convince himself that he is right.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #290 on May 06, 2022, 06:47:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BST

It was Labour's smearing that caused a police inquiry, and the resultant charge.   
The fact is that your leader is pictured potentially breaking a similar law, so therefore can be assumed guilty just as you assumed Johnson of being guilty before the court judgement.

BB.
If you're not even capable of using words correctly, I think I'm going to drop out, rather than having yet another evening taking up by your self indulgent b*llocks.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #291 on May 06, 2022, 06:54:48 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The point BB is right on though is that Starmer called for Johnson's resignation the minute he was investigated before any judgement, that was a mistake and by that token he should call for his own resignation.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #292 on May 06, 2022, 07:08:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Smear

I interpret it to mean "to accuse someone publicly with the intention of harming the person's reputation"

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #293 on May 06, 2022, 07:09:46 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST

BB.
If you're not even capable of using words correctly, I think I'm going to drop out, rather than having yet another evening taking up by your self indulgent b*llocks.

BST, the only reason why you're going to 'drop out' is because you're wrong, and you f**king well know it.

You are a fake.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #294 on May 06, 2022, 07:10:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The point BB is right on though is that Starmer called for Johnson's resignation the minute he was investigated before any judgement, that was a mistake and by that token he should call for his own resignation.

No. He didn't. He called for Johnson to resign for misleading the House, which he clearly did from the very earliest stages of the whole process.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #295 on May 06, 2022, 07:13:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

Learn how to use words correctly like a grown up, then come back and talk with the grown ups.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #296 on May 06, 2022, 07:15:01 pm by River Don »
Smear

I interpret it to mean "to accuse someone publicly with the intention of harming the person's reputation"

You mean, damage someone's reputation through true accusations???

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #297 on May 06, 2022, 07:20:15 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST.

Let's ignore your distracting insults for a while so you can actually address my posts, for once.

If the police had opened up the Beergate case again the day before yesterday instead of today would the results have been different?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #298 on May 06, 2022, 07:21:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB's doing the Humpty Dumpty impression now, is he? Deciding what words mean to suit his own agenda.

Look BB. The grown up thing to do at this point is admit you have used the word "smear" totally wrongly, in your obsession to score political points, and withdraw it.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #299 on May 06, 2022, 07:24:46 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Smear

You mean, damage someone's reputation through true accusations???

I mean exactly what I said!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012