Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 02:42:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If you where boss.  (Read 2531 times)

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
If you where boss.
« on January 19, 2022, 04:44:12 pm by Tiddysdad »
If all contracted players where available how would your team look.
I modified this as I originally put 12 players in.

Jones
Knoyle - Olowu - Anderson (John) - Seaman
Rowe
Bostock - Close

Taylor - Okenabirhie (Dodoo) - Agard.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 06:13:47 pm by Tiddysdad »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Re: If you where boss.
« Reply #1 on January 19, 2022, 04:48:55 pm by Retdon1 »
Swap Olowu for John

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 19, 2022, 05:04:26 pm by bpoolrover »
Would have John centre back instead of oluwu,while he is improving makes to many errors for me

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 19, 2022, 05:10:01 pm by drfchound »

Jones
Knowles - Olowu - Anderson - Seaman
John
Bostock - Close
Rowe

Isn’t that a line up of twelve players?

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 19, 2022, 05:19:56 pm by Tiddysdad »

Jones
Knowles - Olowu - Anderson - Seaman
John
Bostock - Close
Rowe

Isn’t that a line up of twelve players?

Ha ha ha just noticed. If only we could

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 19, 2022, 05:21:34 pm by Bessie Red »
Jones
John CB
Anderson CB
Olowu CB
Seaman RWB
Close Mid
Rowe Mid
Bostock Mid
Horton LWB
Okenabirhi CF
Agard CF

Subs:
Bottomley
Younger
Knoyle
Greaves
Dodoo
Taylor
Bogle

3-5-2

If allowed, new GK, new LB/LWB, New CB new Def Mid, new Att Mid , new CF.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 05:25:15 pm by Bessie Red »

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 19, 2022, 05:38:14 pm by TixTheBox »
——————-—Jones

——-—Younger/Williams/Owolu

Knoyle———————————Seaman

——————Close/Rowe

Taylor——-—Agard———-Dodoo

I’d only play the ones contracted for next season (+ Jones who has a year option) with the OOC ones I’d keep, on the bench.

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 19, 2022, 05:40:27 pm by Tiddysdad »
My originally post I had a back 4 of Knowles Olowu Anderson and Seaman.
I think that John or Rowe could do a good job sitting in front of them allowing Bostock and Close to be more further forward and creative than they have been allowed to at the beginning of the season.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 19, 2022, 05:47:44 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
                      Jones

Knoyle    Olowu    John.    Horton

Bostock

Close.              Rowe   

Agard.          Dodoo          Taylor

I haven’t been impressed with many performances of Anderson since he took over the captaincy.

Also close call between seaman and Horton. (Went left footed for balance of the team and all that)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 19, 2022, 06:02:34 pm by scawsby steve »
Pointless scenario, because a team of our stature will always need some players on loan.

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 19, 2022, 06:07:32 pm by Tiddysdad »
                      Jones

Knoyle    Olowu    John.    Horton

Bostock

Close.              Rowe   

Agard.          Dodoo          Taylor

I haven’t been impressed with many performances of Anderson since he took over the captaincy.

Also close call between seaman and Horton. (Went left footed for balance of the team and all that)

Yes I can see your point about Anderson I feel he's not been the man mountain we would like him to have been.
I feel that in your selection swap Rowe and Bostock around and allow Bostock to be more creative going forward. Because when he's played Infront of the back four before he's not been allowed to be creative and gone sideways rather than using his great passing ability going forward. Rowe has the ability to calm things down and start things from the back. Or put Close and Rowe in front of the back four and Bostock feeding the front in front of them.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 19, 2022, 06:11:10 pm by RoversAlias »
I'm not sure if Nick Knowles is much of a full back to be honest.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 19, 2022, 06:20:47 pm by Rovers91 »
I'd rather play rush goalie than have Jones as number 1 next season.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 19, 2022, 06:29:22 pm by scawsby steve »
I'd rather play rush goalie than have Jones as number 1 next season.

What did he do wrong last night? There were plenty of players in front of him making mistakes, that's for sure.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 19, 2022, 07:41:41 pm by Chris the Rover »
Makes you wonder what our league position would have been had we been able to field that team on a regular basis.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 19, 2022, 08:02:19 pm by Upton Rover »
Bring in a GK instead of Jones

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 19, 2022, 08:44:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Bring in a GK instead of Jones

How come?

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 20, 2022, 08:55:32 am by ForsolongaRover »
Have people forgotten how lacking in enterprise Bostock is? He epitomises the “play it safe” approach which Wellens seemed content with. He is also presumably one of Wellens’ so-called  “technical” players. Is this another way of saying that they decline to tackle?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 20, 2022, 09:00:15 am by DonnyOsmond »
Have people forgotten how lacking in enterprise Bostock is? He epitomises the “play it safe” approach which Wellens seemed content with. He is also presumably one of Wellens’ so-called  “technical” players. Is this another way of saying that they decline to tackle?

*coughs*

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 20, 2022, 09:04:19 am by GazLaz »

*coughs*

#Elite

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 20, 2022, 09:23:37 am by graingrover »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 20, 2022, 09:29:21 am by Chris Black come back »
Expect that is the last we have seen of Bostock. Was always surprised he stuck around this season. Would be more appreciated in Championship perhaps. Either way, zero chance of him wanting to play in League Two.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 20, 2022, 09:47:32 am by steve@dcfd »
With the contracted players we have at the moment injured or not.

Jones

Knoyle.       Younger.      Anderson.     John

Bostock.     Rowe

Close

Taylor.       Okenabirhie.      Agard

Bottomley
Williams
Olowu
Seaman
Barlow / Gardner
Dodoo
Hiwula

No loans need another keeper, a good LB Midfield needs to be better and need another striker

Also out of them Anderson John Bostock Okenabirhie Barlow Gardner Seaman Bottomley are all out of contract end of this season. There are others aswell.
Bogle, Wiiliams Ed, Horton, Blythe, Greaves, Hasani I’d be struggling to give a contract to.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 10:22:24 am by steve@dcfd »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 20, 2022, 09:54:06 am by Copps is Magic »
That graph above confirms my thoughts on Galbraith, if he improves his defensive game it will take him to the next level. Lacklustre backtracing for two of Cambridge's goal on Tuesday.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 20, 2022, 10:17:23 am by Filo »
That graph above confirms my thoughts on Galbraith, if he improves his defensive game it will take him to the next level. Lacklustre backtracing for two of Cambridge's goal on Tuesday.

Look where Matt Smith is on that graph, we have n’t currently got a fit defensive midfielder, and that is a big cause of our problems

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 20, 2022, 10:56:37 am by Chris Black come back »

*coughs*

Speaks volumes I think about our strikers that we seemingly have two of the top midfielders in League One in terms of progressive passing, yet we are the lowest scorers.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 20, 2022, 02:08:45 pm by elmsallrover »
Expect that is the last we have seen of Bostock. Was always surprised he stuck around this season. Would be more appreciated in Championship perhaps. Either way, zero chance of him wanting to play in League Two.
think roughly the same about Anderson

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 20, 2022, 04:31:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »

*coughs*

Speaks volumes I think about our strikers that we seemingly have two of the top midfielders in League One in terms of progressive passing, yet we are the lowest scorers.

Progressive passes aren't chance creating key passes. We're good at moving the ball from our own 3rd into the middle third or oppositions third, it just doesn't go past that. When it comes to key passes were 2nd bottom. That's largely the fault of the players in the 4 forward positions not creating chances, but they aren't entirely to blame as we didn't bring in creative players to play in those positions until Martin arrived on Monday. McSheffrey has seemed to identify the problem areas much better, unfortunately we all know its too late. :(

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 20, 2022, 05:11:58 pm by Bessie Red »

*coughs*

Progressive passes aren't chance creating key passes. We're good at moving the ball from our own 3rd into the middle third or oppositions third, it just doesn't go past that. When it comes to key passes were 2nd bottom. That's largely the fault of the players in the 4 forward positions not creating chances, but they aren't entirely to blame as we didn't bring in creative players to play in those positions until Martin arrived on Monday. McSheffrey has seemed to identify the problem areas much better, unfortunately we all know its too late. :(
The ball played in by Martin to set up our goal is the best and most incisive pass we have had all season, hopefully more of the same coming!!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 20, 2022, 05:32:48 pm by GazLaz »

*coughs*

The ball played in by Martin to set up our goal is the best and most incisive pass we have had all season, hopefully more of the same coming!!

That’s the area of the game we have been dreadful all season. The pass that opens up the game for chances to be created.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012