Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 01:30:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What questions would you ask the manager and board if given an opportunity?.  (Read 1976 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
I would ask the manager, does he have an idea of the style of play he wants to use, and his ideas for what he wants from each position, will he sign players that he sees those attributes in?.

To the board I would ask is there a chance we can start bringing young non league talent in, developing the player then selling on at a profit?.
Do they have any intention of strengthening the help to the manager by improving the football side of deals done by the board by appointing football experienced people?.

Do they think they made mistakes at the start of the season, that has influenced where we stand in the league table?.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

colincramb

• Forum Member
Ermm… there’s just been a meet the owners event where 90% of the questions time was wasted by tools asking what club Doncaster was for or moaning about the catering in the south stand.

I knew we were in trouble then

graingrover

• VSC Member
Did the Board believe that all other clubs in League One would cut back on budgets due to Covid problems ? We opened the season with a threadbare ( fit) squad compared to others .

phil old leake

• Forum Member
What are your honest expectations for the club and do you have long term ambitions and intention for the club to succeed
Are your priorities DRFC or Club Doncaster

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Why are Rotherham United top of the table and Doncaster Rovers bottom?

mpc123

• VSC Member
My question would be

Why do the board bother spending time and their own millions when idiots ask stupid questions all the time.

Because I know I wouldn't, I'd want to but I wouldn't.

normal rules

• Forum Member
Do the board active,y court other potential suitors to owning the club.
Does the club ever receive enquiries from interested parties re the purchase of drfc.

And I don’t pose these questions out of any disrespect or disregard for the current owners. Far from it. They have my respect. They have earned it by being the custodians of my football club in recent years. And all things considered, they have done a good job IMO.
I ask because I know they won’t be around forever. So what is the succession planning, if any?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
My question would be

Why do the board bother spending time and their own millions when idiots ask stupid questions all the time.

Because they don't think customers are idiots?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
When we're self-sustaining, will we no longer need to have wealthy owners?

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
My question would be

That question would only be valid for Terry Bramall though so what’s the point?

1-0 to the Doncaster

• Forum Member
Why did we sign a Hartlepool reserve keeper and play him in a local derby?

vaya

• Forum Member
Re: What questions would you ask the manager and board if given an opportunity?.
« Reply #11 on February 04, 2022, 10:03:31 am by vaya »
Why did we sign a Hartlepool reserve keeper and play him in a local derby?

Because they employ a manager to manage the team, rather than fax teamsheets in from the Isle of Man?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
My question would be

That question would only be valid for Terry Bramall though so what’s the point?

Did somebody mention stupid questions?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
Why does the whole club feel stale and bland at the moment? On and off the pitch.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
On the concourse, why are small bags of crisps £2.60?

At a packet every home game that amounts to more than a junior season ticket for the season.

Also, can we play in ‘proper’ red & white hooped shirts next season with numbers & players names that can be read & please burn the current shirts which are non-descript & for which I blame  our demise on the pitch this season (together with wholesale, long term injuries & poor goalkeeping…..& no goal scorer).

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
On the concourse, why are small bags of crisps £2.60?

At a packet every home game that amounts to more than a junior season ticket for the season.

Also, can we play in ‘proper’ red & white hooped shirts next season with numbers & players names that can be read & please burn the current shirts which are non-descript & for which I blame  our demise on the pitch this season (together with wholesale, long term injuries & poor goalkeeping…..& no goal scorer).

Don't tale this the wrong way CCN3 but can't you just take some crisps in with you from home? On the points about the kit though. Fully agree. It is an absolute horror show and makes us seemingly look shit too. Too much red and even that isn't red. It's like crimson red. Awful. I did buy a home shirt but almost hoping they change it in the summer despite only having it for one season.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
Why are Rotherham United top of the table and Doncaster Rovers bottom?

Spot on BB, would second that, and what plans, if any are there to restore some pride and parity in this.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
My question would be

Or why spend your money and be bottom of the table whipping boys to local rivals? Not seeing great returns on your investment, so what's gone wrong in your strategy and what will you do to rectify this?

Lindsey

• Forum Member
Why did we sign a keeper that wasn't even first choice at Hartlepool.

Why sign a midfielder who might be fit for next season

Why sign a CD for the future, what about now.

jmt23

• Forum Member
Regarding young non league talent- I suspect they will think long and hard about that, given the recent Ed. Williams experience. Hate to think of the cost per game he had.
The right route has been taken with the recent appointments in defence and upfront. IMO

I think the club will, and I think they may already have, held their hands up to getting it wrong, with RW. I think they may even say they got it wrong budget wise in preseason, but I think that was done for the right reasons - keeping us running, paying what we owed, trying to prejudge covid impacts.

No getting away from the obvious poor show on the field though. I fully believe GMc will get us back, and may even get us towards the top of this league eventually.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
You can’t get them all right though, Jmt23. Maybe Williams signing wasn’t looked into enough by those who recommended him?.
There will always be money to be made trawling the non league scene, also giving an opportunity to a player to better their life in professional football.
 We’ve never been a club to stand in the way of a player moving on to a bigger team. You can’t just get players from non league, but there are one or two that come up.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
I'd also ask why some of the car parking staff lack even the most basic of communication skills. Ok, not a deal breaker but i've struggled at times.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
I'd also ask why some of the car parking staff lack even the most basic of communication skills. Ok, not a deal breaker but i've struggled at times.
The car parking staff lack basic communication skills, try communicating with the staff on the concourse (West Stand). I’ll give you an example. It all started with a bag of crisps.

I didn’t go Tuesday night. I watched the first 2 goals on ifollow (via a vpn) before switching off on 35 minutes, (our mum was a clairvoyant), but my brother went. He travelled to The Keepmoat (eco power stadium my a**e) straight from work in Skipton. He texted me next morning & I now present you with his sorry tale of that night’s events as related to me ‘textus verbatim’. Anything in brackets is my input.

‘A humiliating experience last night mate. Literally, it was almost unbearable. One of the worst experiences of my Rovers supporting life. To make matters worse, T****r (a serial moaner) decided to come & sit with me 2nd half as you weren’t there. I must have been an evil man in some past life to deserve that! What a complete t**t he is. Constantly criticising our every move, a running commentary of negativity, I literally started to feel physically sick.

To top it off, at the final whistle (we never leave early) the stewards blocked me off from leaving by the right hand stairwell (West Stand) to keep all 20 of us away from the Rotherham fans! So I had to walk down the concourse to exit the stadium, then walk all the way back (to car park 3) only to join up with the Rotherham fans!
How I didn’t blow my top & end up in Donny Nick I’ll never know.
Drove home (78 miles) angry, humiliated & depressed’.

(He texted me again 1 minute later)

‘And another thing…..!
Before kick off I made the mistake of getting a pint on the concourse. I’d only had a sandwich in the car so thought I’d get a bag of crisps (the straw that broke ‘this camel’s’ back) with my pint. The service was slow, as usual.
The guy behind me in the queue saw my pint & said “Is that bitter mate? They told me they only had lager when I asked”.
I’d paid with my card without concentrating but then realised I’d been charged £6.60…
“Is the beer £4?” I asked the lad who’d served me.
“Errr…..Yeah” he replied.
“So you’ve charged me £2.60 for a small bag of crisps?” And they were small Colin, I could have got the full contents of the packet into one hand.
“Yeah” he said.
“That’s outrageous, it can’t be correct”.
The guy behind me said “£1.50 it says on the price board for crisps”.
So I look upon & he’s right.
So I said to the lad “Crisps are £1.50”, & pointed to the board.
Without turning round he said “That’s for chocolate bars”.
“And crisps, look at the price on the board”.
He just stared at me & said “They’re £2.60”.
“Right” I said, & pushed the crisps back across the counter.
“You can keep them, I’ll have my money back”.
So he opens the till & gives me back £2.60.
Just as well because otherwise he may well have got my pint over his head!

It’s beyond a joke. When will I ever learn.

But apart from that, & a fire in my flat, I had an enjoyable evening!

(RTID!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
£1.50 is also far too much for a single bag of crisps as well to be honest.

selby

• VSC Member
  If I was our benefactor I would keep it short and sweet , come in, have you a million pounds you can put into the club every year? er no, NEXT.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
They say there's no such thing as a silly question however, judging by most of the above (some of the answers have already been given,  but some choose not to listen) there are definitely some wasted questions. You need to make this hypothetical meeting worthwhile them turning up!

colincramb

• Forum Member
Are there any plans to ever have a working PA system in what is effectively a new stadium?

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
One question would be what do they consider the greatest success in or around the club in the last 5 years?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
On the point about not being allowed exit at the end of the West Stand. This is not that much of an issue as we are just about equidistant i guess from each exit. My issue is with the various stewards who just stand there and shake their head until i quickly work out what it is they are trying to communicate to me. Their communication skills are utterly abject. How the f**k did they pass any interview process?!

All they have to say, quite clearly and loudly is 'this exit is closed tonight chaps - you'll have to use the one at the other end'. This would suffice instead of meekly standing there like mute lemons. Honestly. Just speak man!!

I did like your story about the crisps Colin C. One of my mates has had similar experiences. He only gets summat to eat at the ground now if he's desperate. The customer service is woeful.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 07:02:23 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

adamtherover

• Forum Member
The car parking staff lack basic communication skills, try communicating with the staff on the concourse (West Stand). I’ll give you an example. It all started with a bag of crisps.

I didn’t go Tuesday night. I watched the first 2 goals on ifollow (via a vpn) before switching off on 35 minutes, (our mum was a clairvoyant), but my brother went. He travelled to The Keepmoat (eco power stadium my a**e) straight from work in Skipton. He texted me next morning & I now present you with his sorry tale of that night’s events as related to me ‘textus verbatim’. Anything in brackets is my input.

‘A humiliating experience last night mate. Literally, it was almost unbearable. One of the worst experiences of my Rovers supporting life. To make matters worse, T****r (a serial moaner) decided to come & sit with me 2nd half as you weren’t there. I must have been an evil man in some past life to deserve that! What a complete t**t he is. Constantly criticising our every move, a running commentary of negativity, I literally started to feel physically sick.

To top it off, at the final whistle (we never leave early) the stewards blocked me off from leaving by the right hand stairwell (West Stand) to keep all 20 of us away from the Rotherham fans! So I had to walk down the concourse to exit the stadium, then walk all the way back (to car park 3) only to join up with the Rotherham fans!
How I didn’t blow my top & end up in Donny Nick I’ll never know.
Drove home (78 miles) angry, humiliated & depressed’.

(He texted me again 1 minute later)

‘And another thing…..!
Before kick off I made the mistake of getting a pint on the concourse. I’d only had a sandwich in the car so thought I’d get a bag of crisps (the straw that broke ‘this camel’s’ back) with my pint. The service was slow, as usual.
The guy behind me in the queue saw my pint & said “Is that bitter mate? They told me they only had lager when I asked”.
I’d paid with my card without concentrating but then realised I’d been charged £6.60…
“Is the beer £4?” I asked the lad who’d served me.
“Errr…..Yeah” he replied.
“So you’ve charged me £2.60 for a small bag of crisps?” And they were small Colin, I could have got the full contents of the packet into one hand.
“Yeah” he said.
“That’s outrageous, it can’t be correct”.
The guy behind me said “£1.50 it says on the price board for crisps”.
So I look upon & he’s right.
So I said to the lad “Crisps are £1.50”, & pointed to the board.
Without turning round he said “That’s for chocolate bars”.
“And crisps, look at the price on the board”.
He just stared at me & said “They’re £2.60”.
“Right” I said, & pushed the crisps back across the counter.
“You can keep them, I’ll have my money back”.
So he opens the till & gives me back £2.60.
Just as well because otherwise he may well have got my pint over his head!

It’s beyond a joke. When will I ever learn.

But apart from that, & a fire in my flat, I had an enjoyable evening!

(RTID!)

I bought and returned two balti pies, burnt to a crisp on the side they covered up with a napkin ffs

TinyPortal © 2005-2012