Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 04:37:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Massive win  (Read 9604 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Massive win
« Reply #90 on February 17, 2022, 08:10:23 pm by scawsby steve »
I don't get this putting someone down because they are optimistic about us staying up. By all means have your own opinion but why the incessant sniping at an optimist just because he doesn't agree with your own opinion

Which is no different to putting someone down because they are realistic about our situation.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on February 17, 2022, 08:21:18 pm by dickos1 »
We may have won a few games but what concerns me going forward is the fact we won them by being far from the best team in each of them. I like to be seeing a bit more performance wise.

Performance at Sunderland was good,
We’ve also played well in games recently and lost comfortably like Plymouth, Cambridge, even Portsmouth we played well for 40 mins.

We won the title not that long ago by just grinding out victories, can remember going to many places and getting battered but winning 1-0 it’s a decent trait to have

No comparison to be made there, Dickos. That team that won the title were light years better than the current side.

Of course it was, but it doesn’t alter the fact that that season we were often outplayed but won games. Which is what we seem to be doing now

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on February 17, 2022, 08:22:12 pm by ravenrover »
But sadly it all seems to be aimed at one positive individual SS

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on February 18, 2022, 06:06:32 pm by Lesonthewest »
But sadly it all seems to be aimed at one positive individual SS

I find it's the other way around. Being positive is very commendable, & I respect that. But those posters accuse fans for not being true supporters when not cowtailing to their own opinions. Me personally, I'll carry on supporting us to the end, but keeping some perspective & realism.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on February 19, 2022, 07:58:18 am by dickos1 »
There’s a big difference between realism and negativity. Just a quick read through your last 20 posts and each one reaks of negativity.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on February 19, 2022, 08:52:33 am by Lesonthewest »
There’s a big difference between realism and negativity. Just a quick read through your last 20 posts and each one reaks of negativity.

Nah, it's realism.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on February 19, 2022, 10:04:27 am by ditch_drfc »
Dickos you were literally the only voice on this forum defending Wellens at the end. Accusing everyone of "negativity". Maybe with a little hindsight and perspective you can now appreciate that those who wanted him out were actually the constructive ones.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on February 19, 2022, 10:07:19 am by Jonathan »
Dickos you were literally the only voice on this forum defending Wellens at the end. Accusing everyone of "negativity". Maybe with a little hindsight and perspective you can now appreciate that those who wanted him out were actually the constructive ones.

Except, exactly as predicted, many of those that wanted Wellens out have also been vociferous in wanting McSheffrey out. Not at this moment, granted (we won our last game) but if we lose today it’ll be back.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on February 19, 2022, 10:13:27 am by Bentley Bullet »
I also defended Wellens right up to the end.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on February 19, 2022, 10:47:24 am by ditch_drfc »

Except, exactly as predicted, many of those that wanted Wellens out have also been vociferous in wanting McSheffrey out. Not at this moment, granted (we won our last game) but if we lose today it’ll be back.

Many of those? We're talking a tiny number of people. I'd guess about 75% of fans wanted Wellens out near the end. 99% of those haven't been calling for GM to go.

I think like with the netto brigade you're letting a very small number of loud shouters distort the reality.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on February 19, 2022, 11:05:36 am by Jonathan »

Many of those? We're talking a tiny number of people. I'd guess about 75% of fans wanted Wellens out near the end. 99% of those haven't been calling for GM to go.

I think like with the netto brigade you're letting a very small number of loud shouters distort the reality.

I hope you’re right that it’s a tiny minority.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on February 19, 2022, 11:25:10 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think it is. I absolutely wanted wellens gone as he created an awful side and just didn't strike me as the right fit.

Mcsheffrey has been backed and has made signings with purpose mostly behind them and is trying different things tactically which is fine.  He has made steps forward away from home and now needs to do that at home.  I don't think anyone at all wants him to fail, though I don't think any of us wanted Richie too either.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on February 19, 2022, 11:42:21 am by Chris Black come back »
Whether people wanted him out or not, we will look back on him as a huge aberration. The guy had the job for less than six months and was sacked. Our board never pull the trigger that quickly. Even after relegation, Saunders, Dickov and Ferguson were given another go. It’s quite an achievement to get this board moving so decisively so early. Totally out of character.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 01:49:39 pm by Chris Black come back »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on February 19, 2022, 12:47:42 pm by Campsall rover »
Whether people wanted him out of not, we will look back on him as a huge aberration. The guy had the job for less than six months and was sacked. Our board never pull the trigger that quickly. Even after relegation, Saunders, Dickov and Ferguson were given another go. It’s quite an achievement to get this board moving so decisively so early. Totally out of character.
He had lost the players. Those last 2 games at Burton and Crewe was all the evidence needed.
The board had no choice. He had to go.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on February 19, 2022, 05:14:53 pm by Lesonthewest »

In your opinion of course. I suggest you go back & have a read back, supporting the team at the games, yes supporting, then offering my opinions on here. That's being objective, not negative. If some want to be a little deluded then crack on.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on February 19, 2022, 05:30:44 pm by dickos1 »

In your opinion of course. I suggest you go back & have a read back, supporting the team at the games, yes supporting, then offering my opinions on here. That's being objective, not negative. If some want to be a little deluded then crack on.

Nope,
When we win it’s always because we were lucky or the opposition played shire always excuses why we won but when we lose it’s always because we were shite

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on February 19, 2022, 05:35:58 pm by TixTheBox »
It’s the amount of games we have left, our goal difference and the squads lack of mental strength that means we have next to no chance of staying up.

Consistently improving performances is just a positive sign for next season rather than an indicator that staying up is on the cards.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on February 19, 2022, 08:43:01 pm by Lesonthewest »

Nope,
When we win it’s always because we were lucky or the opposition played shire always excuses why we won but when we lose it’s always because we were shite

That's b---ox & you are clutching at straws.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on February 19, 2022, 08:47:28 pm by GazLaz »

Nope,

My argument has always been that performances aren’t really getting that much better, they are slightly but not enough to get enough points over an extended period of time. Even against the lesser opposition we have in the next month or so.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on February 20, 2022, 12:03:37 am by dickos1 »
To be fair the last game we had against opposition I thought we should beat beforehand was probably fleetwood.
We’ve done well recently against sides that. O body gave us a chance against.
We need to get 8/9 points from the next 5 games,
Leaving us needing 12/13 points from the remaining 7 games 

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on February 20, 2022, 01:35:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
In other words, playoff form for the final  1/3 of the season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on February 20, 2022, 02:40:53 pm by dickos1 »
Yes,
There’s always a side that transforms their form to drag them up the table and stay up.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on February 20, 2022, 02:59:14 pm by Chris Black come back »
We certainly have several games coming up against sides in the bottom half, but again, our record against these clubs this season is not good.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on February 20, 2022, 03:01:28 pm by dickos1 »
No point comparing against things in the past though

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on February 21, 2022, 08:31:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yes,
There’s always a side that transforms their form to drag them up the table and stay up.

Again, I think you are misunderstanding the scale of the task.

As far as I can see, no side in the past decade has escaped relegation from this division after being as far behind as we are, with so little time left.

Nearest was Notts C who escaped in 13/14 after being 5 points adrift with 12 games left. But that season, the side 5th bottom only had 12 games left too at that point. So their task was significantly easier than ours.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 10:07:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on February 22, 2022, 10:23:14 pm by Jonathan »
No point comparing against things in the past though

There really isn’t. Otherwise we’d have given up hope of getting results against Sunderland and Accrington as we never do.

We need to carry on not paying attention to the past, or all of the negative voices. I’ve no doubt many were eyeing up that club record equalling run of home defeats tonight. Well forget that. We just need to keep racking up some points and that was another massive win.

And I’m saying fair play to dickos for keeping positive.

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on February 22, 2022, 11:20:42 pm by Donnybob »
The interesting thing is Billy set a target to reach 50 points for each team. At present none of the bottom five have averaged 1 point per game, the next two have beaten that target by just one point each. Factor in the tough opposition coming up for many of them and one point per game is going to be a good target, in other words, 46 or 47 might be enough, possibly less, for survival. Hold that thought. But it's all irrelevant if we don't pick up a good proportion of wins against the clubs around us, the proverbial 6 pointers.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on February 22, 2022, 11:49:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The interesting thing is Billy set a target to reach 50 points for each team. At present none of the bottom five have averaged 1 point per game, the next two have beaten that target by just one point each. Factor in the tough opposition coming up for many of them and one point per game is going to be a good target, in other words, 46 or 47 might be enough, possibly less, for survival. Hold that thought. But it's all irrelevant if we don't pick up a good proportion of wins against the clubs around us, the proverbial 6 pointers.

I've been saying for weeks that 45 points would give us a fighting chance.

With a fair wind, 43 might be enough.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on February 22, 2022, 11:51:43 pm by Campsall rover »
I just can’t see that 50 points will be needed for survival this season.

46 or 47 the most likely no required. 6 wins and a draw from last 11 games may be enough. Wimbledon A, Gillingham H, Fleetwood A, Charlton H, Crewe H & Burton H seem on paper the most likely to get those wins.

either or both Cheltenham A or Shrewsbury A for the draw.

Wycombe A, Bolton H & Oxford A are going to be very tough.

Fleetwood though is a place we have never won. Think this is the season we have to change that. It will be a massive game.

All sheer speculation of course it never turns out how you think it might.

Just so long as we finish above 4 other teams, that’s all that matters.
I firmly believe we can do this now. The odds are still stacked against us but the belief I feel is there amongst the players. That’s what is important. If they believe then we have every chance.
Well done GM and FS they are doing a brilliant job. No ranting and raving as RW was doing just a calm measured approach to the job and task required.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on February 22, 2022, 11:55:00 pm by dickos1 »

I've been saying for weeks that 45 points would give us a fighting chance.

With a fair wind, 43 might be enough.

But only gave us a 1% chance of getting them

TinyPortal © 2005-2012