Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 07:29:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Massive win  (Read 9608 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Massive win
« on February 15, 2022, 10:08:10 pm by dickos1 »
That was a massive win!
Anything on sat is a bonus and then we have a run of games where we can really give ourselves a chance.
Anybody getting on my bus yet?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Massive win
« Reply #1 on February 15, 2022, 10:09:21 pm by since-1969 »
That was a massive win!
Anything on sat is a bonus and then we have a run of games where we can really give ourselves a chance.
. We got to the most feared away time in the league . Or not !!

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 15, 2022, 10:09:39 pm by rich1471 »
Totally a Hugh win ,6 points from safety

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 15, 2022, 10:09:52 pm by adamtherover »
That was a massive win!
well we are making Wimbledon our first away trip in a while,  so kinda..

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 15, 2022, 10:10:39 pm by Padge_DRFC »
That was a massive win!
well we are making Wimbledon our first away trip in a while,  so kinda..

Win one of the next 2 and that game is massive.

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 15, 2022, 10:10:47 pm by TixTheBox »
No because i’m not deluded.

Well fought win and a clean sheet too! McSheffrey will sleep a bit easier tonight.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 15, 2022, 10:11:09 pm by Campsall rover »
That was a massive win!
I will be when we beat the Owls on Saturday.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 15, 2022, 10:11:28 pm by Jonathan »
Hopefully it will be acknowledged by the people that were writing us off before kick off. Of which there were plenty on here and on social media. We fought hard for that.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 15, 2022, 10:11:55 pm by Filo »
Set up not to lose and nicked a win, you can see the energy levels increase when we have something to hang on to, special  mention to a player I don’t think is that good, Williams, put his body head and anything else on the line tonight

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 15, 2022, 10:12:08 pm by Spilsby Red »
Great win. I am on the bus. Still possible until maths say we cant

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 15, 2022, 10:12:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's a great win. Any win is a great win and we move on. Matters little how, what, where. It's 3 points.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 15, 2022, 10:14:50 pm by dickos1 »
No because i’m not deluded.

Well fought win and a clean sheet too! McSheffrey will sleep a bit easier tonight.

If I’d told you we’d beat Sunderland, mk dons, Lincoln away a month ago I imagine you’d say I was more than deluded.
You keep saying you’re not deluded it’s working for us

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 15, 2022, 10:15:17 pm by dickos1 »
Hopefully it will be acknowledged by the people that were writing us off before kick off. Of which there were plenty on here and on social media. We fought hard for that.

It won’t be

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 15, 2022, 10:16:01 pm by adamtherover »
the vast majority of our remaining games are against teams in the bottom half of the table.. #dare2dream.?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 15, 2022, 10:16:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Set up not to lose and nicked a win, you can see the energy levels increase when we have something to hang on to, special  mention to a player I don’t think is that good, Williams, put his body head and anything else on the line tonight

As I said before, Williams has at least some presence and when on it, is a decent centre half. No frills, just does what it says on the tin.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 15, 2022, 10:17:06 pm by Michael Shaw »
Without the penalty it would have been a 0-0 draw without a single shot on target. We had some luck this time. Great to get a win no matter how we get it.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 15, 2022, 10:18:35 pm by MachoMadness »
Always nice to beat Lincoln. Bittersweet, amazing to win but I can't help but think... if only we could have ground out a few more results like that instead of folding this season.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 15, 2022, 10:18:57 pm by Jonathan »
So many people said we would be lucky to get anything at all from this run of games. Despite that proclamation, they are up in arms demanding sackings each time we lose - something they said was inevitable anyway. It would be nice to see those people give us some credit when we win. I see Tixthebox has at least swallowed some pride above and almost managed to give a bit of credit.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 15, 2022, 10:19:39 pm by drfchound »
Without the penalty it would have been a 0-0 draw without a single shot on target. We had some luck this time. Great to get a win no matter how we get it.

Perhaps, but if we had scored three and Lincoln had scored two it would have been 3-2 to us.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 15, 2022, 10:19:43 pm by Campsall rover »

As I said before, Williams has at least some presence and when on it, is a decent centre half. No frills, just does what it says on the tin.
He can’t head a ball though which is a big worry for a CB 
But yes he gave his all for the cause.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 15, 2022, 10:20:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
We kept our shape and legs much better tonight. I wonder how much the half hour break helped us?

It's a great 3 points and I'll take that, but you need to be realistic - 13 more matches like that and we won't be staying up.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 15, 2022, 10:22:36 pm by Silkscarf »
No, BST, you don't need to be realistic. Effing dream!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 15, 2022, 10:22:59 pm by dickos1 »
There were 8 games that people were saying we’ve no chance of getting 5/6 points well we’ve got 9 from 7 games.
If being deluded is thinking you’ve a chance of staying up when you’re 6 points off safety with 13 games to go then yes I’m deluded.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 15, 2022, 10:23:10 pm by Jonathan »
We kept our shape and legs much better tonight. I wonder how much the half hour break helped us?

It's a great 3 points and I'll take that, but you need to be realistic - 13 more matches like that and we won't be staying up.

Erm, 13 more one nil wins and we will definitely be staying up!

But it would take an inveterate optimist to say we’ll win all 13 games playing like that…

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 15, 2022, 10:23:29 pm by Pside »
Let hope we don’t follow the current form of win one lose the following two. Having said that, I can’t see us getting owt against Wednesdays. It’s a free hit in my eyes. Bigger games coming up against those around us

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 15, 2022, 10:24:01 pm by EasyforDennis »
Awful game but a fanatic result.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 15, 2022, 10:24:08 pm by drfchound »
No, BST, you don't need to be realistic. Effing dream!

I wonder what the polls will say about saturdays game.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 15, 2022, 10:24:30 pm by dickos1 »

Jesus, here’s another one

A month ago there’s no way you’d be letting anyone tell you we’d get 9 points from these 3 games we’ve won.
Maybe that should be telling you not to be so negative constantly

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 15, 2022, 10:26:10 pm by TixTheBox »
So many people said we would be lucky to get anything at all from this run of games. Despite that proclamation, they are up in arms demanding sackings each time we lose - something they said was inevitable anyway. It would be nice to see those people give us some credit when we win. I see Tixthebox has at least swallowed some pride above and almost managed to give a bit of credit.

Almost? It’s full credit, i’m a fan of hard fought, smash & grab wins away from home. They’re a positive, even more so for us considering fight is something the squad has rarely offered all season.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 10:29:16 pm by TixTheBox »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 15, 2022, 10:26:15 pm by Donnywolf »

.... Agree , but we did have a great shot ON target which was going in if that cheating git hadn't handled it

Would have been a great goal as well

TinyPortal © 2005-2012