Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 09:04:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Will Rotherham implode ?  (Read 8165 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: Will Rotherham implode ?
« Reply #30 on March 09, 2022, 01:07:08 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Wigan paid the penalty (in more ways than one) for fielding a weakened team. Think Rotherham will do the same tonight through necessity

With McLean playing at first i distrusted the BBC statement - but he missed Saturdays match through suspension.

League One promotion-chasers Wigan started brightly despite making 11 changes from their weekend league win over Wimbledon, but Jamie McGrath prodded wastefully wide when clean through on goal.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 09, 2022, 01:46:48 pm by Campsall rover »
Wigan paid the penalty (in more ways than one) for fielding a weakened team. Think Rotherham will do the same tonight through necessity

With McLean playing at first i distrusted the BBC statement - but he missed Saturdays match through suspension.

League One promotion-chasers Wigan started brightly despite making 11 changes from their weekend league win over Wimbledon, but Jamie McGrath prodded wastefully wide when clean through on goal.
What is the point of getting to a semi final, one game from Wembley and playing a seriously weakened team.
That really is ridiculous.
I know promotion is the main target but to almost throw the game playing that 11 against a full strength Sutton Utd is madness imo.

Good luck to Spike tonight with his Hartlepool team against Rotherham.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 09, 2022, 02:17:43 pm by roversdude »
Is McLean just banned from League games, really struggling to keep up with suspensions and if they are competition specific etc

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 10, 2022, 12:44:46 am by Colemans Left Hook »

What is the point of getting to a semi final, one game from Wembley and playing a seriously weakened team.
That really is ridiculous.
I know promotion is the main target but to almost throw the game playing that 11 against a full strength Sutton Utd is madness imo.

Good luck to Spike tonight with his Hartlepool team against Rotherham.

Warne claims (will someone please fact check this  :suicide:) that he made a mere 8 changes against "boggle eyed mighty Hartlepool  (with The Seagulls roaring them on)

one of their players said " they rowed their luck at times"

Warne certainly knows how to spin a literal "toss of a coin win" on penalties against lower league opposition.

The question is will they be going to Wembley twice in one season ?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 14, 2022, 12:01:09 am by Colemans Left Hook »
so that's 3 games for Rotherham without a win .. it's starting to dawn on yours truly from comments made that Rotherham could like Morecambe be thought as a one man team

The Juggernaught got a late equaliser on Saturday - Wigans goal - was just one of those things that happens- same applies to the Juggernaughts ... basically they cancelled each other out

just like Wycombe and Rotherham both matches between the pair ending 0-0

in the match at the NY they say the ball was out of play more in the game than on the pitch .

Wigan are at Crewe on Tuesday so the pressure again is on Rotherham  against an improving previously "Missing Imps" team  and the Juggernaught has some easy matches for now .. the hard ones come later.

Trouble at millmoor if Rotherham don't win
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 12:06:50 am by Colemans Left Hook »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 14, 2022, 01:06:02 am by Colemans Left Hook »
Just realised Rotherham havent won any of their last 4.  Matches not 3

Taking 2 points out of 9. In the league
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 01:08:22 am by Colemans Left Hook »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 19, 2022, 12:30:36 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
so Rotherham less a few bitten bits of fingernails got over the line

they were on top in the first half "allegedly" and overuun in the second

watch the Lincoln goalkeepers positioning or lack of it for the second Rotherham goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uy2aJxSFVY

yes he hit it first time but what planet was the Lincoln goalkeeper on

and we talk about Rovers goalkeepers not standing in the middle of the goal

rotherham play against the 3rd tightest defence in the league today -- not sure how many Rotherham walking wounded will make it

meanwhile the Juggernaught play at a team beaten 6-0 last saturday whilst Wigans opponents only lost by a mere 5-0 (from memory)

Rotherham don't play til April 9 after this home to Lowly Charlton

some tough matches in there

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rotherham-united/scores-fixtures/2022-04

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 19, 2022, 10:11:28 pm by Campsall rover »
Maybe they are imploding. That was a shock today.

They are far from certain to finish in the top 2 now.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 19, 2022, 10:58:29 pm by roversdude »
Well hopefully they win the last game if we are still in with a shout

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 22, 2022, 06:40:02 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Has anyone realised since Rotherham had that lucky win at Plymouth - even Warne admits they were lucky .....
Plymouth have quietly won 5 in a row without conceeding a goal

beat Accrington 4-0 at home on saturday  ( how many times have Accrington conceeded 4 this season ?? answer a hell of a lot)
Portsmouth 1-0 at home
Bolton 1-0 away
AFC Wimbledon 2-0 home
Morecambe 2-0 home

yes a couple of "rabble" teams in there but still impressive and if they win tonight against May plus 10 others they will put more pressure  on  Wigan "imploding Rotherham" and the Juggernaught.   

Oh forgot to mention Rotherham lost by the odd goal plus2

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 22, 2022, 07:15:17 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Just checked Rotherhams fixtures and they are a concertina nightmare  not so much music to their ears but they may well be musick after them

just imagine Smith gets injured

4 games in 9 days

Sat 09/04 15:00    L1   Charlton   Home   
Tue 12/04 19:45    L1   Portsmouth   Away   
Fri 15/04 13:00    L1   Ipswich   Home   
Mon 18/04 15:00    L1   Burton Albion   Away   

injury lawyers 4u ????

Wigan have a much biggher squad than Rotherham

Sat 02/04 12:30    L1   Bolton   Home   
Tue 05/04 19:45    L1   Accrington Stanley   Home   
Sat 09/04 15:00    L1   Lincoln City   Away   
Tue 12/04 19:45    L1   Burton Albion   Away   
Fri 15/04 15:00    L1   Cambridge Utd   Home   
Mon 18/04 15:00    L1   Ipswich   Away   
Sat 23/04 15:00    L1   Plymouth   Home   
Tue 26/04 19:45    L1   Portsmouth   Away   
Sat 30/04 12:30    L1   Shrewsbury   Away   
Full Wigan fixtures
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 07:26:41 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 22, 2022, 08:00:15 pm by drfchound »
CLH , just to say that Rotherham have four games in ten days matey, not nine days.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 23, 2022, 12:40:19 am by Colemans Left Hook »
CLH , just to say that Rotherham have four games in ten days matey, not nine days.

if johnson can get away with porkies so can I

with Plymouth winning their 6th consecutive match to nil   .... you could say another hound  ;) has joined the hunt to catch the Rotherham fox..... Rotherham are nearly warne out

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 23, 2022, 02:45:23 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Every team has a bad patch, Rotherham are having theirs. Sometimes being top for so long isn’t a good thing. Pressure mounts no matter how experienced your players are.
I think they will see it out. A few teams have found a way to play against them second half of the season, I’m sure their manager will find a solution to it.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 01, 2022, 04:59:15 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Their last 10 league games = 8 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat. That defeat came on 15 January.

just checked their results since you pointed out the 8-1-1

they have played 5 league games since then    resulting in   1-2-2

5 points out of 15
adding the Hartlepool for Johsonesque exageration   we could claim 1 win in 6 games  for what its worth

So the question is are there any "green shoots" of recovery of form to be had  ??  perhaps tomorrows opposition might sell them a few packets of seeds to plant.

Perhaps I should stop taking the "pea" out of them you might say

both Wigan and the Juggernaught (a.k.a. MK Dons) have hard matches on paper both surprisingly being around even money to win

who knows what will happen on Saturday - don't ask me. Rotherham could find themselves in a stronger position for automatic promotion or they could be one step closer to a "deja vu" return to Wembley (at best) for the play offs
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 05:02:11 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 05, 2022, 05:37:36 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
from my last post

"both Wigan and the Juggernaught (a.k.a. MK Dons) have hard matches on paper both surprisingly being around even money to win

who knows what will happen on Saturday - don't ask me. Rotherham could find themselves in a stronger position for automatic promotion or they could be one step closer to a "deja vu" return to Wembley (at best) for the play offs"

as you know Wigan dropped some points but The Juggernaught rumbles on

tonight The Juggernaught  hosts Crewe and on Saturday we have
AFC Wimbledon v Milton Keynes Dons    again on paper those two matches look easy peasy (Rotherhams  cup final also looked easy peasy)

Wigan the team yours truly has always believed would win this league ...... (play the local Land of The Giants team 'Cringeton  - if they play that rookie 19 year old then for the frighteningly umpteenth time this season they may let 4 goals in.

As for Rotherham they are saying the Charlton game is an absolute must win game.

iT'S asking a bit much for Wigan to slip up again - we know Bolton are a decent team as opposed to an up and at em Accrinton as i have said many times-  masquerading as a football team 

as for The Juggernaught until it gets a puncture - you have to stay with them -- they have come a long way in a very very very short time and roll on.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 05:43:26 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 09, 2022, 02:01:45 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
i looked at the full table including goal difference and saw that Rotherham in the league had conceeded only 5 league goals away  - and then they let in 2 playing away at wembley - so explain that !!

a strange fact about all the top 6 teams is that they all have more away matches to play than home

wigan have 2 home games 5 away
mk 2 home 3 away
rotherham 3 home 4 away
plymouth 2 home 3 away
sheffw 2 home 4 away
wycombe  2 home 3 away

and 7th placed Sunderland have 3 home 3 away

yes WIGAN HAVE BEEN BETTER AWAY -- ( an irrelevant point is  their under 23 side by chance played wednesday away yesterday and probably won 1-0 wendies had a man sent off)  but will they bottle it ??

if ever a  "winless"wimbledon team is going to give over 100% effort and more it is against the Juggernaught.

who knows  who has their "Waterloo" today

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 09, 2022, 02:08:53 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Having looked at who the top 7 are playing today only Rotherham are playing at home

obviously meaning the other 6 are all away   so it is even  more of a crucial match for them than first realised.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 09, 2022, 05:46:06 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Bloody hell. You've done well here. Dropped out the top 2.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 09, 2022, 08:33:16 pm by donnievic »
Can I change my mind lol

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 10, 2022, 01:23:19 pm by roversdude »
I’m beginning to look at this again too - TBF my Rotherham supporting pal says they’ve not played well for a while now and even when top expected them to miss out on automatic promotion

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 11, 2022, 02:16:06 pm by roversdude »
Away at Pompey tomorrow too

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 12, 2022, 09:44:05 pm by Chris Black come back »
Hammered 3-0 by Portsmouth.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 12, 2022, 09:46:41 pm by Silkscarf »
The fantasy double is still on. Rovers and Millers both stay in L1.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 12, 2022, 09:58:58 pm by Silkscarf »
Or treble if Barnsley come down.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 13, 2022, 10:38:44 am by Jimmydee »
And the Wendies concede a 95th worldly in the play off finals.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 13, 2022, 07:57:07 pm by tyke1962 »
Or treble if Barnsley come down.

There's no IF about it .

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 16, 2022, 01:47:02 am by Colemans Left Hook »
As most of you will know "Spy Sports" moved all 3 matches to Easter Saturday  with staggered starts

Rotherham kicking off at 12-30 

Wigan with an easy looking match - then follow - before a few harder ones to end the season

finally  The Juggernaught host The Wendies in the evening   -- amazingly Wendies are the favourites because they have more fans to BLINDLY bet on them (like fans Portsmouth do) than MK who haven't lost for yonks... winning nearly every match

I PRESUME "THEY EVEN CHOSE WHICH ORDER THE MATCHES WOULD BE PLAYED FOR HIGHER VIEWING FIGURES"

History has told us at Doncaster Rovers expense that the title is not won til the Fat Lady has sung been paid and the appearance money has cleared in the bank account.

Lest we forget (mentioning for the umpteenth time) Rovers were 50/1 ON to win to win the title under Ferguson and still lost it.

Wigan are only about 16/1 ON

what will be will be ........

« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 01:53:40 am by Colemans Left Hook »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 16, 2022, 06:24:05 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
As most of you will know "Spy Sports" moved all 3 matches to Easter Saturday  with staggered starts

Rotherham kicking off at 12-30 

Wigan with an easy looking match - then follow - before a few harder ones to end the season

finally  The Juggernaught host The Wendies in the evening   -- amazingly Wendies are the favourites because they have more fans to BLINDLY bet on them (like fans Portsmouth do) than MK who haven't lost for yonks... winning nearly every match

I PRESUME "THEY EVEN CHOSE WHICH ORDER THE MATCHES WOULD BE PLAYED FOR HIGHER VIEWING FIGURES"

History has told us at Doncaster Rovers expense that the title is not won til the Fat Lady has sung been paid and the appearance money has cleared in the bank account.

Lest we forget (mentioning for the umpteenth time) Rovers were 50/1 ON to win to win the title under Ferguson and still lost it.

Wigan are only about 16/1 ON

what will be will be ........

this is ironic about what i said about it not being over til the fat lady has sung and banked her money

at this minute ( yes we expect it to change in the second half ??? or will it)) wigan are 2-0 down to Cambridge ---- well done to Rotherham today.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 16, 2022, 10:40:25 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
and it seems my bank manager now prefers Rotherham to win this division "it's a funny old world"

gaz's mates i suspect "had it off "in the second half of the Wigan match - the stats must have told them something well done "just"

The Juggernaught got derailed by Wednesday ( the first goal could have been unfortunate - haven't seen it) and these two "could " meet again at Wembley

TinyPortal © 2005-2012